1st Trimester

Low progesterone

I am 6 weeks today,  got a call from my Dr that my progesterone level is a 6.1, started me on progesterone pills tonight. How common is this?  3 out of 4 friends I have had to take the pills and only one ended in miscarriage. I'm 33 and getting to old (personally)  to have babies lol. 

Re: Low progesterone

• My progesterone was at 12.7 and it was within range but on the low end. I was put on the suppositories but for me it just didn't work. I'm certain there were other reasons for the loss. Progesterone is just one factor. This time around I'm again on progesterone. Crinone this time. Hoping for the best. 

Take care :)
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • I'm 33 as well.  My first pregnancy my progesterone was a 4 and I went on medication ASAP and now I have a beautiful one-year-old boy, with this pregnancy the number started out good but then dropped so I went on progesterone again and I've been on it about a week. I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. My numbers now look great so I just take it before bed and will probably take it until I hit 12 weeks. Apparently I just suck at producing it but I really feel that if you catch it early, more times than not, everything will be just fine, best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 6 weeks today,  got a call from my Dr that my progesterone level is a 6.1, started me on progesterone pills tonight. How common is this?  3 out of 4 friends I have had to take the pills and only one ended in miscarriage. I'm 33 and getting to old (personally)  to have babies lol. 
    @katiekins84

It is actually very common. As much as it can suck, it's common :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker