Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 2/20

edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Mommies to be:
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 girl!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 boys!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 girl!
@JuliaAnn86 EDD 8/4/17 with 2 beans!
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with 1 bean!
@Esperer EDD 8/6/17 with 2 beans!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 with 1 girl!
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with 1 bean!
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 with 2 beans!

QOTW: How many kids did you want when you began your TTC journey? Have your plans changed since going through IF treatments?
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 2/20

• edited February 2017
    I've been up for awhile due to... you guessed it... carpal tunnel. So here's your early morning 2nd tri check-in! The carpal tunnel is getting really old, fast. I did manage to sleep most of the night though, thank goodness.

Other than that, things are going as well as they can be! I'm 25 weeks and 2 days today with my baby girl. She's so active which provides me with constant reassurance and good feelings. The baby recently discovered that my bladder is fun to kick, which feels really weird, haha. The weather has been beautiful here in NC lately (like mid 70s) so I've been able to wear clothes that show off my bump! I splurged a bit recently at Destination Maternity and got some really cute, comfy clothes to wear for the remainder of this pregnancy.

Our baby shower is in less than 3 weeks, on March 11th! Our moms are hosting it, but we're helping with the design/decorating. We're doing an under the sea theme. Over the weekend we ordered a 2 tier cake with a baby mermaid in a clam shell on top :love: I'll share photos after the event!

Next appointment is my GCT on March 16th. It'll be awhile with no appointments but I feel like I don't need the constant reassurance from appointments anymore with all the kicking I've been feeling. Starting in the middle of March though I'm going to have a LOT of appointments. Shortly after the GCT I have my next ultrasound (I do have more ultrasounds, which is nice... I was under the impression I didn't have anymore)! It's a growth scan to make sure the baby is measuring on track.  Then starting at 32 weeks I will have weekly appointments. Bi-weekly prenatal appointments supplemented with non stress tests on the other weeks. So I'm going to enjoy not going to the doctor so much right now because that is all going to change!

QOTW: DH and I wanted 2 kids when we started TTC. We both still want 2, but I'm feeling a little torn. We have 6 embryos in the freezer. On the one hand, I'm tempted to have more than 2 because of that, and on the other hand, pregnancy has been so nerve racking and stressful that I'm not sure how many times I can handle this! I guess we'll just have to take it one day at a time and see how we feel in the future. We will most definitely go for a 2nd child though after this!

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited February 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 - I am sorry you are struggling and not getting sleep. Your shower sounds adorable!!!!

I am 26 weeks and 1 day!!! 3.5 weeks ago I didn't think we would hit the 26 week mark, but here we are! Babies are doing great and things seem to be quite stable. I had a contraction on my NST yesterday but they said it was just Braxton hicks and don't worry about it. I have really popped in the past week. I have crazy stretch marks (which I'm oddly happy about). I felt comfortable enough to schedule my baby shower for March 19th. We are going to have it at the hospital. I will be either 30 weeks pregnant or have babies in the NICU so we figured we will be up here no matter what so we should have it here. I am starting to loose my 2nd trimester glory. I have to take naps every day, I'm out of breath easy, can't eat much and just uncomfortable. I am not complaining though because every sign is them getting bigger and stronger. 

QOTW: How many kids did you want when you began your TTC journey? Have your plans changed since going through IF treatments?
    I wanted 4 kids before our ivf journey. I still do but in the past month I have realized that having 4 babies will not be feasible for us. My husband has said we are never doing this again. If I do get pregnant again I will most likely be on bed rest early and since I will most likely have a classic verticle c section another pregnancy would be risky. I struggle that we have 1 frozen embyro and I really want a big family. We are just going to focus on these two babies now then decide many years down the road if we will use our last embryo or adopt if we want more kids. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Loading the player...
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I'm sorry you are still struggling with the carpal tunnel! I wonder if your dr can send you to a OT and maybe you can get some custom braces for your hands. I remember a girl who I used to work with that had really bad carpal tunnel and she said her custom braces helped a million times more. 
    The baby shower theme sounds so cute! 

@kelrauh glad to hear those babies are still hanging out in there!

I'm 17weeks and 1day with a little girl due July 30th! We both were convinced we were having a boy so there was a small shock factor for us both! I never considered girl nursery themes or names!
    Im feeling really great the past few days! Some round ligament pain here and there but nothing to write home about! The new prenatals have helped my stomach soooo much! My next appointment is March 6th and my a/s on the 17th.

QOTW: When I first met my husband I wanted a farm of kids...like 8! We waited 6 years to get married and then another year before we started trying so our plans changed 3-4 children. Then after struggling with IF we will be happy if we are able to have 2. It will most likely be a year or 2 before we try again because I want my body to heal and I'd love to be in a little better shape! Our RE said to try for 6months on our own before coming in again...does anyone else's have a similar protocol? 
  • Hi.  I am currently 23 weeks, with one little girl baby.  She is kicking and tumbling around in there a lot which is cool.  I have an OB consult for VBAC in a few days which should be interesting.
    I'm just getting over a bad cold/cough and my right eye has decided to act weird and get crusty at night.  It feels pretty ok during the day and not really red or irritated so I'll just wait to see if it gets better on its own.
    Other than that nothing new going on.  I'm trying to get baby clothes washed and put away this week if I can, and maybe wash some more of our baby gear that is in storage.
    We originally wanted two kids, so after this baby we will be done.  Unless there is a miracle oops.  But I HIGHLY doubt anything like that will be happening.  I don't want to be pregnant again after this.  It's too stressful for me to want to do again.  I have anxiety issues and OCD so it's just a lot to handle.  Not to mention TTC being super stressful as well.  Anyway we will have two beautiful little girls and I feel like our family will be complete.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Hi all! @wifeinraleigh28 I'm sorry you are still struggling with sleep. No one tells you sleep deprivation start in pregnancy that's for sure. 
    @kelrauh I am SO happy to hear you are doing well and how exciting to have a date for your shower to look forward to!!

AFM - I'm 17w6d today and have an appointment on Thursday. This has been a LONG month's wait but I am feeling good, less worried. I think I may have even felt some flutters this weekend but I honestly can't tell. I'm still not showing which is fairly annoying to me. I know I should be grateful - not having to change my wardrobe and all- but I kind of felt odd registering yesterday, like people didn't know why I was there doing it. I know someday soon I will pop and I'm ready for it!

QOTW- My husband has always wanted 1 and I, as an only child, wanted 2. However, after the IVF journey, we are one and done unless we have a natural BFP miracle. After having 13 eggs retrieved and ending up with 1 viable embryo I know exactly how lucky we are that our one shot took. I don't know if I could go through that again. And hey, I turned out okay so there's nothing wrong with the only child thing :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - sorry about the carpal tunnel. Glad you got some sleep though. Hang in there. 

@kelrauh - glad to hear that you'll get a shower and you're little ones are still cooking. You mention starting to feel uncomfortable, shortness of breath, its getting harder to eat (I'm guessing less space)... I'm started to feel these way this past week. I'm hoping I can hang on so I don't have to stop working but thinking of even four more weeks of these feeling and it getting worse doesn't sound pleasant. So far I can deal but I'm guessing the further along we get the harder it'll be. 

As for me I'll hit the 24 week mark with my twins in two days. My hospital will consider them viable at that point in case I go into pre-term labor. Funny how some hospitals have the time frame sooner/later. Either way, I'm excited with each passing day. No stretch marks yet but I know its genetic so I'm assuming I'll get a couple. 

QOTW: How many kids did you want when you began your TTC journey? Have your plans changed since going through IF treatments? I wanted 2, husband wanted one. We're having 2 boys though I really want a girl. We still have embabies so I know my girl is there but husband is very anti any more kids (its expensive, we don't have room, we'd need new cars, etc). I guess I'll just focus on these two for now before revisiting the idea. 
  • @kelrauh So amazing that your little ones are still in there and doing so well! And I love that you will be having a baby shower at the hospital, such a great idea! You deserve to celebrate and get some good stuff for those little babies! As for your 1 frozen embryo, I have a close friend in a very similar situation. She did IVF and gave birth to twins a little over a year ago. She also had complications in her pregnancy due to cervical issues and I think she had a cerclage at one point. They also have 1 frozen embryo and are torn about what to do with it, because pregnancy was so traumatic for them. I feel for you guys! Hopefully time will bring you some clarity and you will know what to do :)

@ARB425 Thanks for the recommendation to see an OT. I have already complained about this to my OB but I may call again and demand that we do something. Maybe custom braces are the answer. I have no idea if pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel is different than regular carpal tunnel. My OB really made it seem like I was SOL due to all the extra fluid and pressure in my body. Ugh. I'm hoping it will just ebb and flow like the rest of my symptoms have. As for your RE's suggestion to try on your own for 6 months before going back for treatments... my RE hasn't told us squat. But we also haven't spoken with him about anything having to do with trying for another kid. Our plan is to schedule a consult with him once we feel ready to try again and figure out a game plan. I'm not sure how I would feel about trying on our own though knowing that we already have embryos created. It would be amazing to have a miraculous natural pregnancy but I also feel like it's pointless to hope for that. I think we'll just wait and see what the RE says when we go back.

@kdanjou I feel you on the anxiety. I'm an anxious mess myself which makes everything about this so much harder. My anxiety has been through the roof since we first started TTC, and then going through IUIs and IVF has been almost unbearable. The only way I survive is by focusing on the prize. Hang in there, I'm here if you need to talk about it!

@byrneme Being completely OOP, we knew going into IVF that we were giving it only 1 shot and wouldn't be doing a 2nd retrieval. If we had ended up with 1, we would be 1 and done as well! And there is certainly nothing wrong with that. I also knew that if we ended up with 0, that our TTC journey was over. It was such a scary process and there was a lot riding on it.

• @wifeinraleigh28 - so sorry the pain is still keeping you up at night. 

@kelrauh - happy to hear your babies are still in there and doing well. 

Im 15 weeks, 1 day and we just posted our pregnancy on Social Media. I put one hashtag indicating we went through infertility treatments and I've gotten 5 different messages from people with questions - people I've known all my life and people I barely know. It's nice to give support - it feel rewarding - IF feel so different now. No appointments at all this week - I think this is the first week in months!! Haha

QOTW - we've always said start with one, maybe two. Now I think I want two for sure but for now...we're happy. I think it's best for me to see how this ovary issue goes before I start up the dreams of a second child. By the sounds of it, surgery during the second trimester is becoming more real but hopefully not. I just don't want to lose the whole ovary/tube. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I completely forgot to post last week! I've been busy at work lately and then trying to get caught up at home, so it feels like I have no time to post some days. But I'm always reading everyone else's to keep up.  :)

Congrats @ARB425 on having a girl!

@wifeinraleigh28 Hopefully the carpel tunnel subsides like the other symptoms. I can't trying to function with the pain and hassle of braces.

@kelrauh Every week, yours is the post I look forward to the most. Love seeing that the babies are staying in there and growing more each day! Congrats on making it 3.5 weeks so far!! I admire you and your strength dealing with ending right now. Glad you've decided to schedule the shower and celebrate!

@byrneme I'm really curious about what is going to feel like when the baby starts moving. So hard to imagine or tell if I've felt it yet. As for showing, I've been showing since 9 weeks. Hearing others like you still not showing really highlights just how different every person and pregnancy is! In your shoes, I'd really be ready to start showing too.

AFM, I'm 16 weeks and 2 days with 1. We find out the sex in about a month or so. While I'm looking forward to finding out, I'm more excited about the fact that family will stop asking what we're having. Lol. No matter how many times we say that we don't know yet, they keep asking.

QOTW: We'd originally talked about just having one. But ever since getting pregnant, DH now talks about having another. It's still up in the air at this point.
  • i am 22w 6d, just finished painting the nursery for our little stubborn sassy girl.  i posted in last weeks that we finally found out the sex after she gave us a hard time.  it just makes me so happy and so curious to meet her now and see if she really is sassy like she is now.  i was also told i have high blood pressure at my appointment on friday but it really makes me question how accurate it was.  i have never had issues always been textbook 120/80 or lower no matter what, i even went back and checked other appointments and at our first RE appointment i was 136/92 so being almost 150/90 makes me wondering.  i am over weight but nothing has changed in my diet as far as salt or fat intake but i guess the placenta can do funny things to us that we have no control over.  anyways i have to go back in two weeks to check again and will need medication if things dont improve.  

QOTW:  i have always been on the 2 kid train but DH has always told me i am lucky getting the one even before IF just because he isn't too keen on children since most of what he sees is his niece and nephews acting out since they dont have structure/rules in their lives.  i have always pushed him for more.  i think once he sees we can handle this one i will get my way.  as far as IVF goes, my thought was to possibly see if i could do a retrieval while out on leave already.  I am 31 now and by the time we start to think about trying for number two I will be pushing close to 35 so since i am already out on leave get a fresher batch of embryos going and when the time is right start with FET.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ARB425ARB425 member
    edited February 2017
    @rmarble23 I hope your blood pressure improves! Are they taking with an electronic or manual cuff? There can some large variances between the two. 

@byrneme you will start showing soon enough! Everyone's body is different. One of my co workers just started showing and she's like 23 weeks! 

@wifeinraleigh28 I felt like it was sort of pointless as well. We were very lucky and were able to get pregnant with a medicated IUI. Her rationale was that she has seen natural BFP after IF pregnancy. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it! 

I hope you get get some answers on your carpal tunnel situation! Sleep deprivation is no good for mama or baby!

@persnickity Thanks! My husband is excited to have a daddy's little girl! He really wanted a boy to build things with but I told him he will be able to do that with our little girl as well. Heck, he taught me how to use tools and remodel things!
  • @arb425 my office only uses the manual ones which is another reason i think there may have been some human error in there as well  :/

• @rmarble23  Make sure you sit for a full 5 minutes and your arm is NOT dependent when they retake your bp. Your arm should be at heart level to get the most accurate bp. You could always ask the Dr to retake it too, if it is a medical assistant or nurse who checks you in. Hope that helps!
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I saw you tagged me back in  November but I never get notifications. I got a BFN in Nov and I'm currently in my TWW for IUI #2. Yes I was around in Nov 2015 and we didn't do any monitoring for a year. So happy you have a healthy little one on the way!! 
  • Hi all, sounds like most people are doing pretty well this week (aside from the horrible sounding carpel tunnel wifeinraleigh28!).

I'm feeling great, a bit bigger but I feel calm happy and super excited after my 20 week scan last week and in the last few days I've started to feel our little one moving! It's such an incredible and comforting feeling (and I'm enjoying it while I can before it becomes kicking my organs! :) 

We bought a lovely wooden cot on the weekend, we got it second hand (I'm a hippie at heart) but will buy a new mattress. So now that's our first big ticket item purchased and we think we have decided on a mountain buggy (https://mountainbuggy.com/us/Buy/strollers/terrain-collection). It's a local company and really popular in NZ. 

QOTW: I think we are still pretty settled on two at this stage, especially as IF has added a few years to our original timeline (I'm 33 now).
    We have 13 frosties on ice (the one benefit to PCOS) and I think we would like to donate them after we have finished.

• @nellin ohhh I love the mountain buggy strollers! I originally wanted the nano because of how compact it is! Since we couldn't trial it out and only saw videos on YouTube that is why we decided against it. Awesome choice!
  • @kelrauh I'm so happy you made it to 26 weeks! I've been searching for your update. A word of caution: Be prepared to put your foot down if babies are in NICU and you have the shower at the hospital. All your guests will want to see the babies. You might be different, but most every mama I've talked to (myself included) is crazy possessive of their NICU babies and worried about germies. I have let a few of our closest come and see him, but no one touches. You will also be surprised how many people ask to come and see them that you aren't even very close with! Multiple people from church that I barely know have asked to come to the hospital and I'm like uhhh no. You will see him when we get out. Also, I'm very curious about what you've been told about the vertical c-section. They had to do one for me, and she told me it would just mean I'd have to have another one next time and I'd be scheduled at 37 weeks.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Thank you everyone for wishing me well with this carpal tunnel BS. I did manage to sleep for most of the night last night, but then woke up at 5:30 in pain. I found that if I put pressure on the part of my shoulder blade that hurts when it is flaring, it eases the pain and numbness/tingling. I think I'll keep a tennis ball next to my bed so that I can lie on top of it on the right pressure spot to ease the pain when needed. This is just crazy!

@JWatt5 We also posted our social media announcement at exactly 15 weeks, 1 day! How funny. That's great that you are getting messages from people regarding IF. We don't realize just how many people this affects sometimes.

@rmarble23 I hope your BP either evens out or was just a misread. I have found that since getting pregnant my BP is occasionally just a tad higher than it usually is, but still within normal range. A few times though it's come out super high at the beginning of my appointment (just walking in gets the blood flowing), but then they retake it later and it's fine. Also, would love to see your nursery progress if you want to share!

@junicek Glad to see you around and best of luck with IUI #2! I hope you can join us over here on PAIF soon!

@Nellin Congrats on the movement! So wonderful. And that mountain buggy looks awesome! I haven't heard of that brand before, even with all the hours upon hours of stroller research I did!

Last night I spent the entire episode of the Bachelor putting this pack n play together. DH's aunt and uncle bought it for us from our registry so we're setting up a mini nursery in the corner of our living room (which is where I hang out all day long anyway so it just makes sense). I think it's so pretty, and it matches our living room decor! I love that it has a changing table, cuddle cove, and the actual pack n play has a bassinet height and a play pen height for toddlers. The vibrating unit can attach to the cuddle cove and the bassinet. This will be in use for awhile!

• @wifeinraleigh28 - I'm glad you got some sleep! Hopefully that is a trend for you! We actually registered for almost the same Playard - we did Newborn LX, I honestly can't remember the difference between that one and yours. How bad was the assembly?
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi everyone 19 weeks 2 days with two boys. Had a scan with the mfm this morning and not much has changed... cervix is still long but is opening:( He told me rest and progesterone suppositories are the only things I can do at this point. We have to just pray that i make it to 24 weeks at which point he said he would put me on steroids.
    Me: 34 / Hubs: 35
    Married December 2008
    TTC: 2010
    3 ectopic pregnancies, moved on to IVF 2011
    3 rounds of IVF, 1 miscarraige, two BFN
    Started with new RE Fall 2015
    Diagnosed Compound Hetero MTHFR
    Hysteroscopy to remove abrasions 
    Began Stims for IVF #4 10/11/16
    Long Lupron protocol
    ER 10/23/16 6R, 5M all 5 fertilized via ICSI
    ET 10/28/16 Transferred 2 5bb blasts; 2 frosties! BFP!
    Twins! EDD 6/25/17
  • @byrneme I'll be honest, the assembly kind of sucked! The pictures were kind of difficult to follow but I figured it out. I haven't found any baby gear to be that easy to assemble though so it might just be me! Once put together though the functionality is fantastic! Hit me up if you have any questions while you're putting it together :)

@taradise99 I'm so sorry about the cervix issues, that sounds so stressful! My heart really goes out to you ladies who are having stressful pregnancies. Praying you make it to viability with flying colors!!

• @taradise99 Do all the bed rest! Rest and rest some more. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @byrneme I looked up the difference between our playards (because I'm a nerd) and the difference is that your "snuggle suite" is a bouncer and my "cuddle cove" is a rocker. That's the only difference. I wanted a playard with all the bells and whistles but only ended up choosing ours based on the fact that it came in a color scheme that matched our decor. Yes, I'm that person. :lol:

• Hello, I'm doing well at 20w3d! I have my second AS next Wednesday and I'm super excited to see the bean again. I started feeling movement on Friday. I was just sitting on the couch and had the strangest feeling, like a big gas bubble not in my digestive track, then it happened again a couple of times. He definitely likes it when I eat! It is such a great feeling and easy my anxiety about everything going well.

QOTW: We had always talked about two and we are still thinking we would like two. Hopefully my body will be primed for babies and the natural route will work again (had a freak natural BFP in between IVF). We would probably start pretty soon after this baby since I'll be 34 right around the time I give birth.

@kelrauh Happy to hear the babies are content staying put for now! 
  • I'm 24 weeks today. Baby boy and I are just moving right along. He moves a lot in the morning and then in the evenings. Eating and drinking doesn't seem to effect his moving around. Friday will mark a year since my dad has passed. Not much else going on in my world. 
  • @beckij34 Look after yourself this Friday/week.
    Do you have something special planned? That can be nice but so can just taking some time for yourself.
    My mum died almost 10 years ago and it's tough being pregnant and wanting to share these special moments with her. 

Take care xx
  • @mjacks16 Yay, congrats on feeling movement! Also, your body clearly figured out what to do so maybe it will have an even easier time the next time around! (I've heard that's a thing).

@beckij34 I'm so sorry about your dad's passing. That must be so hard. Definitely take care of yourself and maybe do something to commemorate and honor him this weekend :)

• Thanks @wifeinraleigh28 and @Nellin. I visited his grave on Monday (holiday for me) and sat and talked to him for a while. I can't believe it's already been a year and here I am six months pregnant. It's hard not having him or my step dad around. I know they'd both be so giddy about being grandpa's again. They are both up there smiling down on us. 
  • Well I called the advice nurse this morning because I've decided I desperately need help with my carpal tunnel (couldn't sleep again last night). She said I can have a referral to a physical therapist. I also moved my glucose test up to next week, because I read that diabetes can cause carpal tunnel, so now I'm paranoid that I could have GD.

• Oh @wifeinraleigh28 , I hope you get some answers, and relief, soon. It sounds miserable :(
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28  glad they are able to do something to help you.

i had a nurse in my clinic check my bp today, with an automatic cuff, and it was perfect! 112/79....i had actually looked up what my bp was the other day at my appointment and it was lower than what i heard; 142/78 but i was so happy seeing today's numbers especially after it was a slightly stressful day before i took it :) puts me at ease knowing this isn't a concern for me at this point.

• HI everyone!  So excited to be posting in the 2nd trimester thread!  I'm 15w 0d today with twins.  I'm not too worried about not going to the doctor every week.  I'm trying to enjoy being pregnant.  It will probably be the only time I am, unless a miracle happens after these two love bugs.  I took total advantage of the president's day sales this weekend and bought a kate spade diaper bag at 75% off.  Its the biggest bag I've seen and I feel with twins I'm gonna need the space.

I'm really pushing myself now that I have my energy back.  I end the day feeling like i was hit by a truck with swollen ankles.  Plus i need to find comfy work shoes.

QOTW: My husband always said the children should not outnumber the adults, and it looks like we're getting our 2 in one shot!  Honestly, i don't know how many kids I wanted.  I know I wanted more than 1, but with IF playing a role in that, I would be happy with one baby
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Also this is a pic of the color we chose it looks more blue in certain light but that's ok I'm happy and I think I want to get a deep purple rug and it will bring out the purple better. 

• @DDRGirlie Welcome to 2nd tri! Definitely jealous of the Kate Spade diaper bag! I love KS, probably my favorite designer bags :)

@rmarble23 Glad to hear your bp is back to normal now and you don't have to worry! Also, love the soft purple wall color!

• @wifeinraleigh28 yay! Progress! Hopefully therapy can help/make some suggestions to ease the pain!

@rmarble23 awesome news on your BP! I hope that eases some of your worries! Nice paint color! I don't see the blue tones though! It's pretty. 

• Well my OB appointment yesterday went to crap real fast. I'm gonna call this morning and get better clarification on things because my head was just spinning yesterday and it was just not a good day all around. I've gained more weight, am swelling in my legs and feet, and had sugar in my urine. I was already overweight when I got pregnant and no one has talked to me about how much weight I should gain or not gain. Plus I knew I had gained a little but didn't think it was anywhere near what it was. I move around at work as much as I can (I'm a secretary and in my slow season so I'm sitting at my desk a lot more) and also at home but I know I could do better at home. I was sent for blood work right away and I have to do my glucose test before I go back in two weeks. I know that I have time to make changes and get myself back together but yesterday it just felt like the bottom fell out. Thanks for reading!!
  • @kelrauh - what a happy post! I am so happy for you and praying for those milestones!

@beckij34 - I'm sorry you had such a crappy appointment but I agree with @kelrauh in the fact that these appointments are to catch this sort of thing and don't get down on yourself about it.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • I know @byrneme and @kelrauh. I'm grateful that I can be checked out and catch this stuff before it blows up. It just felt like I was in the middle of a snowball fight and couldn't get out. Now to work on making changes so hopefully this doesn't get any worse. 
  • @beckij34 - I know how those appointments go. Just remember that it will all be okay and what you are stressed about at this very minute will not be your stress in a few weeks or months. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017