June 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change: 2/20/17!

Those of us due on June 5th, 12th, 19th or 26th. 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change: 2/20/17!

• Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited February 2017

How far along are you? 
    23 weeks!

How big is baby? Chinchilla!

Appointment updates? Nothing until March 14th

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH felt his first kick last week! It was very exciting!!
    We did a maternity center tour at our hospital over the weekend. The rooms are nice and I'm happy we have a better idea of what to expect.

I wanted to be a zoologist. Then I wanted to be a microbiologist - I got my first microscope when I was in the 3rd grade. I started my college career as a micro major but changed it to human bio after I realized how much I hated Chemistry. Sometimes I kind of wish I had stuck it out, but oh well!
    ETA: I currently work in clinical research - so I did stay in the science field.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    24 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Cantaloupe 
    Appointment updates?
    Today at 2:30 :) 
    Nothing new always ache 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My husband and I went away this weekend and our hotel was all wrong but it was nice to be away. 
    A teacher and I am currently student teaching :) 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @danijo I feel kicks and hard ones all the time my husband doesnt know what he is feeling for so he is not sure if he has felt anything or not. I am plus size so that may have something to do with it. so I am jelly. 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Options
    @amberp1528 - He had been trying to feel it for awhile, but his patience runs thin so he would only feel for a minute before quitting. He got really lucky and put its hand there right before a big kick. I hope your husband feels a kick soon, I'm sure it will get easier as the pregnancy goes on, too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? A cantaloupe or ear of corn!

Appointment updates? Will have a growth scan this afternoon. BC I'm old, have a few extra pounds, and have some heart murmur things, Dr is ordering growth scans here every 4 weeks.  In two weeks, I'll get to drink that orange drink.
    @amberp1528 - I have more pounds on me than the doctor would like.... as well as an anterior placenta, which is basically acting like a big cushion in the front.  Keep trying.  It does seem like there are plenty of times the baby stopped kicking as soon as my husband's hand was on my stomach too!!! lol. Yeeehaw!!!

Any new symptoms or changes? Back has been hurting more, so have been trying to do yoga and stretching every day (thank you youtube!)  Husband told me that I had a hemorrhoid the other day (ahhhh!!!) so just trying to be a bit ginger down there and taking some baths.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Going to miss next week (maybe) because I wanted 

I wanted to be a veterinarian.  Went to college for animal science, and about my junior year, I decided I just wanted to have pets. lol. I now work in Agriculture Finance. 

@danijo - my husband was able to feel this weekend too.  He was sooo excited!  Timing always seems to be a thing on making sure his hand is at the right place at the right time.  

@amberp1528 - I have more pounds on me than the Dr. would like... as well as an anterior placenta (which acts like a big pillow), so I really didn't start feeling kicks till 3 weeks ago.  Just keep at it and trying.  Hand needs to be at the right place at the right time.  Baby will get stronger over these next few weeks too making it easier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Better late than never right. Yesterday I wasn't feeling the greatest
  • Options
    JendinkJendink member
    edited February 2017
    Guess I'll post when I'm st my computer tomorrow since mobile never works for me
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 
    23 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    a grapefruit
    Appointment updates?
    none yet
    same old aches and pains
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Thankfully I'm finally getting over this cold from hell.
    First I wanted to be a lawyer (no idea why) then a doctor.  In college I majored in biology and applied to med school but I just didn't have high enough test scores.  I was already dating DH by then so I was fine with not going to med school as it might have meant a long distance relationship.  I worked as a lab tech for 9 years and plan to go back to it eventually.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @kdanjou I was a lab tech straight out of college for a few years. I worked with mice. It was a great first job but I definitely prefer human subjects in clinical research. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 25 Weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower

Appointment updates? Next week....the DREADED glucose test and I get another ultrasound since the placenta was low lying at my last one and I had one stubborn baby who wouldn't show us everything

Any new symptoms or changes?  same.....back pain and heartburn.....

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm looking forward to being on Maternity Leave!!! LOL

GTKY: What did you want to be when you were a kid? I wanted to be a teacher or a librarian.....I'm currently teaching Pre k :)