February 2017 Moms

Symptoms and Labor Watch 2/21/17

You got this ladies! I believe in you! Everyone born by March!

Unrelated-after this week or the week after, what do we want this thread to become? We already have a good recovery thread going. Maybe something related to what the babies are up to and their milestones? 

Re: Symptoms and Labor Watch 2/21/17

• I'm just starting to feel whiny! I feel pretty good overall but getting more uncomfortable by the day and no where near labor. And I'm now getting daily texts from family members on "baby watch". I think I'm just getting annoyed because I was dialated so early on and my midwife told me she thought I could be slightly earlier than my due date/didn't think I'd be late at all. So now that being late is becoming more of a reality I'm getting discouraged. I almost wish she hadn't made that comment at all
  • Happy due date to me! No signs of labor and I'm wicked bummed about it. Since I've been contracting for 6 weeks, we thought I'd go a little early. Now it looks like I'm going to have a March baby and that makes me want to cry. I know I'm pretty whiney too at this point and I feel bad for everyone at work this week who will even mention baby. But today I'm going to try and take the dog for a long walk and do some extra squats. I don't know if I'm up for sex, it hurt so bad afterwards last time and I have an appointment tomorrow. Sooooo just trying to stay positive I suppose and remember that I won't be pregnant forever. 

@Xstatic3333 I think a milestone thread sounds pretty good!;
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm due Thursday with no labor signs in sight. I've been so emotional and just tired of being pregnant. Since my midwife lets me go 2 weeks over my due date I think it'll more likely be March when baby comes. 

I'm just over here having a pity party and being jealous of all the cute outside babies. I know it's not that much longer but right now it feels so far away. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy due date to me! No signs of labor and I'm wicked bummed about it. Since I've been contracting for 6 weeks, we thought I'd go a little early. Now it looks like I'm going to have a March baby and that makes me want to cry. I know I'm pretty whiney too at this point and I feel bad for everyone at work this week who will even mention baby. But today I'm going to try and take the dog for a long walk and do some extra squats. I don't know if I'm up for sex, it hurt so bad afterwards last time and I have an appointment tomorrow. Sooooo just trying to stay positive I suppose and remember that I won't be pregnant forever. 

@Xstatic3333 I think a milestone thread sounds pretty good!;
    The good news though is that when you do go it will probably be fast!! But I hope you go soon. You've been in labor forever already right?!?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @starfish113 well I wouldn't call it labor haha but I've been having tuneable contractions that have been getting more painful for over a month! Thanks for the confidence :)! At this point I'm terrified of labor because I'm sure I'll be induced and haven't dilated at all. But maybe you're right and it'll still be quick haha
  • @starfish113 well I wouldn't call it labor haha but I've been having tuneable contractions that have been getting more painful for over a month! Thanks for the confidence :)! At this point I'm terrified of labor because I'm sure I'll be induced and haven't dilated at all. But maybe you're right and it'll still be quick haha
    Oh I know but that was my joke because you've been having contractions forever so it feels like your body has been getting ready! But between that and the LEEP I hope it goes super fast!!

i think I already told you but the day I went into labor (with DD, the first pregnancy) I had ZERO dilation at my 4:30 appointment and had a baby in my arms like 6 hours later. So don't get discouraged, that LEEP might make it go from 0-10 in no time at all!
  • @homemake I'm down for a MOTN thread. My LO doesn't seem to settle down and sleep for any length of time until 3am, I'm up and nursing  most of the night 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel just off today. Like I feel feverish, even though my temp is fine. Mild headache and nausea. I hope I'm not coming down with something, 40 weeks tomorrow!! 
  • @leslie1331 I felt the exact same way the day before I went into labor!!! Maybe you'll go into labor tonight like how I did!! Woo hoo!!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06  knowing my luck, I'll just catch something. Or have bad indigestion. Fingers crossed though  :)
  • 40+2 here... still feel totally normal. Midwife appointment tomorrow where we talk "What IFs" of induction for around 41+4. Haven't been checked yet--not sure if I will ask to or not... my curiosity may get the best of me. 
  • @leslie1331 I've been checking in all the time, I just have a feeling your time has come!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lct2008lct2008 member
    edited February 2017
    This feels ridiculous to say since my body hurts and mentally I'm done- but today I'm so glad baby has decided to stay put a bit longer. Dd got a fever last night and has one today too. Low grade and she's still happy, but you can tell she's trying to fight something off. All I can think about is how much easier it is to keep little baby healthy while she's inside rather than when she's out. That being said- I'm ready for her to get better quickly and get this birthing show on the road. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Nada here. Appointment in 3 hours. Induction isn't *imminent* but I don't want to have a plan for one, or one on the books. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Had my 40w appointment this morning. Progress happened this week guys - I'm at 4cm!!! They scheduled an induction for this Thursday (as in 2 days from now eek) after trying to schedule for next Monday and they were all booked. Since I'm already at 4cm and I'm overdue, my doctor wanted it sooner rather than later. She did a mini-sweep I guess and I've had my show already so I'm freaking out! But so happy there is light at the end of the tunnel, finally.

That's awesome! Almost there!!!!!

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• @kswiger06 well I am sitting at work with fat and hot feet. Sooooo nothing so far!! I hope you are right, I went from mildly uncomfortable to miserable on Sunday! 
  • Nada here. Appointment in 3 hours. Induction isn't *imminent* but I don't want to have a plan for one, or one on the books. 
    No you've got this! 41+1 will work its magic. 
  • I'm so happy for all the ladies with progress - but so so jealous!!  No progress here,  appt yesterday and still 1.5 cm and soft.  I'm 40+4 now and we have a tentative induction set for Friday when I'll be 41 weeks - but I'm so hoping that I go into labor beforehand. 
  • thinking about you @MissMerciBeaucoup
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • This is our week ladies! We've been patient long enough, done all the tricks in the book, and I am sending allllllll the labor/progress vibes to everyone
  • Thanks @krob I appreciate it!  I'm so happy for you and if you have time at some point, I'd also love to hear some details about your birth if you are comfortable sharing.  I'm just so interested in hearing how it has been for us ladies going through it for the first time.
  • I had my appointment yesterday with no changes, still only 10% effaced and at a 1 for dilation. My OB scheduled an induction for March 1st, just incase little guy doesn't come on his own. It was beautiful here in MN today, 64 degrees! So I took the boys to the zoo and now I'm getting some good contractions. Fingers crossed all that walking did something! 

• I had my 40 week appt today after 3 sweeps , no change , still 3cm and high. Scheduled for induction On thursday but we will see how busy the hospital is..

• @MissMerciBeaucoup i am working on writing it all down. it's so much. lol
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I was just wondering if any other FTMs are starting to feel a little nervous about delivery? Or if any STMs have any advice. I've never stayed in a hospital or had surgery or anything like that. I'm starting to get nervous about all the needles and pain and wonder if I can do this. I go in tomorrow so I'm sure it's just some jitters kicking in, but anything will help!
  • @jlellis603 I got really nervous the last few weeks of this pregnancy. I hate needles and loss of privacy so having a baby is something that has a lot of "get over it" moments for me. The things that help me is telling the nurses about to stick me with a needle that "I'm a baby" I have no shame in it, I just say "hey I'm going to warn you that I don't like needles and I'm a baby." I've even gotten smaller needles by saying this lol. Also it gets overwhelming for me to have a million people doing a million different things at once and I get flustered. I ask them if they can wait until someone else is done. Like one thing at a time. All the commotion stresses me out so it's easier to ask them to come back or wait a second (if it's not something they need to talk to me about or do right that second) you could ask your support person ahead of time to try and answer any questions for you that they can, that way it's less for you to be dealing with. Also it didn't really make me feel better, but I kept telling myself that it's too late now, and the baby has to come out sooner or later. It made me focus on the fact that the harder I pushed and tried to get him out, the faster it would be over.  The pain, I'm not so graceful with. This was my worst labor and I was a total bitch. I did way better working through the pain without an audience. I was ok with my husband but the nurse really bugged me. Finally she asked if she should stay in the room and "distract" me or if I wanted privacy. I was soooo much happier and calm asking her to give me privacy. And when she came back in, I lost my grace. So I guess if you end up wanting privacy, either speak up or ask your partner to speak up and see if you can have some quiet time. Just know that everything you are about to go through, is going to bring you to meeting your baby!!  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 it's not going to be fun but I keep hearing how amazing the epidural is. Are you going for med free? 
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited February 2017
    @jlellis603 FTM so no experience, but I have been in a hospital for minor surgeries before and am totally fine with blood, needles, etc. But, if I feel even a twinge I get semi excited wondering if this is labor and then total panic, this might be labor! So, totally normal!! And you will do great  :)
  • @jlellis603 I'm a FTM and a couple of weeks ago I was terrified to give birth. Now I feel more like my ready-ness to meet this guy is taking over. I'm still kind of nervous though just not knowing what to expect to feel, how I'm going to handle the pain, and not knowing if I'll know when we need to head to the hospital or when I should just try and relax at home/work. I told DH this and he said he'd think I was crazy if I wasn't at least a little bit nervous so don't worry your jitters are normal!

I have been in the hospital for surgeries before though and I can tell you I used to be scared of needles and would actually pass out when getting blood drawn but after spending the week in a hospital for a surgery I got over that fear. The nurses do this stuff every day and most of them are great. They can tell when you are nervous and will do what they can to relax you and make the process as easy as possible on you. If you want to just give them a heads up that you are nervous I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. My experience is just with the general nurses so I bet the ones that work with women in labor and babies are even better at calming down nervous people. 

Whenever I do get a little more nervous I just keep telling myself that I can do this and when it's actually time there will be DH, nurses, and doctors around to help remind me of that when I forget. You've totally got this!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @jlellis603 FTM here too. I thought I was definitely ready to be done at this point but last night I lost my mucus plug and had lower back pain all night. Realizing that I could have been starting labor totally freaked me out and I couldn't get my brain to turn off so I only got 3 hours of sleep! I think it's totally normal though because we have never been through this experience before. But I know reading all the birth stories on here has really helped me. Now I just need to work on my anxiety! Definitely lean on your support person(s) and let the nurses know exactly what you need when it comes time for needles. Good luck to you tomorrow!
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup my sil spontaneously went into labor the night before her induction after no signs of anything. So it happens! 

• Hi. Checking in still pregnant at 40+3 - just for all you other inside baby ppl who feel like there's no one else left. 
  • @jlellis603 STM here. ds1 and ds2 births were very different and I learned alot from both. Ds1 I went into actual labor with and ds2 my water leaked and had to be induced with no signs of labor. I HATE needles but I also am a big baby and have a low tolerance to pain. My birth plan with ds1 was to go med free, but after being in labor for 10 hours with very little progress, I asked for an epidural. I was upfront and told them I don't like needles and told them I don't want to see what the epidural looked like. They also try and make you feel as comfortable as possile. So i got smaller needles too by telling them i hated needles ( epidural excluded on that one. I still dont know how long the needle is and i still dont want to know lol) Birth plans change, the pain of needles are quick and your stay in the hospital  (fingers crossed) are for a very short time. Don't beat yourself up if you are set on med free or wanted to get the epidural and didn't ask quick enough, and don't get exactly what you were wanting. It's amazing how quick you forget the pain of labor and at the moment it sucks and it seems like it takes FOREVER, you end up forgetting most of it.