Baby Names

How many do you know?

And I'm not talking Facebook and such, lol, how many Ava's do you know in real life, please? It's my top name and I only know one in her 40's, and one in her 30's. I previously worked with kids and never had one. SSA still says it's a top 10 name but where are they all at?! I do worry about popularity, but I don't think the name Ava is trendy(what I really want to avoid). The closest thing I know to an Ava is loads of little girls named Avery. 

So please help help me out, how many Ava's do you know in real life? Put ages if you can, please. Thank you! 

Re: How many do you know?

• I know none actually.  Have you tried looking it up at the state level?
  • One, a friend's niece. She's about 4 and I'm from Australia. There is also an Australian tennis player who has a daughter named Ava I think she's 10+ but that is it. I've never met or heard of another Ava. All the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • One cousin and then each of my kids has one or two in their class, 2nd grade, prek and daycare. My oldest has always had at least one in his class
    since starting school.

• It is a top baby name so most Ava's are probably under school age.  But even top names are given to a small fraction of the population because there is more diversity in naming than when we were kids.  

I teach high school and in a school of 400 have averaged 3 in the school at any time (almost one per year each year but not usually more than one in a class). I have one friend with a toddler Ava.  No adults that I know named Ava.  Probably 3 others I know of through Facebook with a baby or toddler Ava.

• I know one little Ava and she is three. It's beautiful!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I know three, but they are all middle/high school aged. (also I only know that many because I used to work at a middle school!) I don't know any little Avas. 
  • I know three, a baby, a toddler, and a preschooler. They're pretty spread out across the country too.

• Like a pp said, since it recently became popular, most won't be school age yet. I know one who is about two years old.
  • There is one in my DS preschool class... but that's it. 
  • Ava is a lovely name. I know two, ages 1 and 3.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • I know 5 that I can think of off the top of my head. Ages range from 17 to 6 years old.
  • I know one. I think she's about 7. A friend's kid. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Thanks everyone!! I was just curious. I did look it up, and since 2004 it's been in top 25! In 2005 it was number 9 and up, so defiantly school aged children already. I need to look up my state! I think I might go for it, if husband is on board! 
  • I have 3 friends with little girls 4 and under with ava's.  It's beautiful.  Go with what you love, you won't regret it even if you do end up knowing a few.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I have one friend with a baby Ava, and I had a student in third grade last year named Ava. 
  • I have a friend whose daughter is named Ava, age 2. I work in an elementary school, and in a class of 150, there will always be 2-3. It is a top 5 name in my state every year.
  • I know 4. Three of them are around 3 years old and the other is 10. I believe it was this name to spurred on the whole trend of names that begin with A.....Ava, Abigail, Addison, Amelia
  • I know none... And I agree with you about the name Avery.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I don't know any
  • I know one adult and one child that is 3 or 4
  • I only know about 6 kids, and one is Ava, she's 8 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • A few...a two year old, a three year old, a seven year old... I worked at a hospital and I would see it pretty frequently 10 and under... 
  • In DD1 preschool class, 2 of the 10 girls are named Ava. But they are the only ones I have ever come across. 
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• I know two Ava's and one Avary 
  • I know at least 7 Ava/Evas (pronounced the same) aged 3-7
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• I know two, and they are both daughters of friends. One is a year old and the other is around 8. 
  • I only know one, and she is in high school. I am also a teacher, so I come across many names and that has not been a popular one. I'm in California.
  • I have two fb friends who have Avas- one is a preteen and one is a toddler. I actually don't remember hearing this name out on the playground, toddlee groups etc much either. In my experience the Evas/Eves/Evelyns/Evies are more prevalent.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • jennas312jennas312 member
    edited February 2017
    This is what is making me think of another name. Ava is our first pick and really the only one that dh likes.
    Let me know if you come up with something else.  I'm not too big on Avery, because I would call her Ava anyway.  There's Avalyn, but I don't really like it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennas312 said:
    This is what is making me think of another name. Ava is our first pick and really the only one that dh likes.
    Let me know if you come up with something else.  I'm not too big on Avery, because I would call her Ava anyway.  There's Avalyn, but I don't really like it.
    Definitely Ava over Avalyn 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • jennas312 said:

Avalon is a real name and very pretty and also under used.

• jennas312 said:
    Yes, Ava over Avalyn. I will keep you posted!! We are in the beginning stages, and frankly, a little clueless. Lol. 
  • I work in a nursery and we get Ava's alllll the time 
  • I had about 8 or 9 Ava's/Eva's in my preschool music classes over the past few years. It's definitely very popular with little kids.  That being said, my DD is Ava because it's my favorite name!  I think it's very classic.  If you and your DH love it, I say go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just 1 but I love this name! I always think back to it being a name I should have used with my first DD. Go for it if you can!
  • I know atleast 2 personally that I can think of at the moment. Both are around 3-4.

I hear it all the time though. I live in Texas. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Between kids that I work with and family, I know more than 6. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I know 1 but there's a lot of new baby girls on fb named Ava that I see. 
  • @LoveLee85 did you decide? I'm still torn. I'm thinking of middle names for Ava.
    Pregnancy Ticker