March 2017 Moms

Strange baby related dreams.

For the last week or so I've been having the same dream. In real life we're having a boy and you can see his bits and pieces clearly in the ultrasounds, but in my dream he comes out and he's a girl. The Drs and nurses says mistakes with telling the gender happen sometimes if the u/s isn't clear or if the baby's not facing the right way. Im fine with it being a girl, but then it gets weird. I have a bunch of boy going home outfits but the hospital won't let me put boy clothes on her.  When we get discharged they make me bring her home in just a diaper, wrapped in a blanket. We have everything at home ready for a boy but we're not allowed to go in the nursery or use anything that could be seen as "boy". So poor baby girl has to sleep in a laundry basket and has no clothes. Anyone else having weird baby related dreams?

Re: Strange baby related dreams.

• Lol! I'm having weird dreams, but not baby related. With my first though I would dream that I gave birth and then left her at the hospital and went out to party and said I'd be back in a few days to pick her up. Wtf!!
  • I dreamt I was taking a nice bath and delivered my baby in the bath tub at home. FTM so that freaked me out a little. lol
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • i always have strange dreams but this one had baby in it so i'll play. i had a dream i had DD and the doctor was showing me some really weird new way to get her to latch which included some weird nipple stretching. then she said my diet had too much fiber bc my nipples had green dots on them  :|
  • I also had a dream where I left baby girl at the hospital after the birth and couldn't pick her up until the next afternoon. I didn't even recognize her the next day. Weird! If more than one of us is having it, I wonder if it has a dram interpretation meaning? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having majorly weird dreams. Like 5 or 6 different ones a night with all my wake ups to pee. My fav from last night was that I found out I had a second baby at my 30 week ultrasound that was only 8 weeks along so I'd get to stay pregnancy after I delivered the first. Lucky me. 
  • BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited February 2017
    I had a dream I was on vacation somewhere beautiful and warm with a few of my friends. I was completely disappointed that I was still pregnant and couldn't have drinks and go wild. Then I decided I was going to drink anyway and get just a little drunk. Then I woke up. I think I've been cooped up in the house too long since DD, her dad and I have ran through the stomach flu over the last 3 weeks! 
  • Had a dream I was actually pregnant with triplets and went into labor on January 31st and the first baby came out WAY too small so they decided to sew up my cervix and keep the other two babies in there (I'm fairly certain I saw something like this on Grey's Anatomy once - likely where I came up with it). Fast forward a month and it's February 28th and I go into labor again. This time, the next baby comes out happy and healthy slightly before midnight. An hour later, the last triplet comes out. 

So essentially I dreamed that I had triplets and all three had different birth dates born in different months - January, February, and March. Weird...
  • I've been having bad dreams lately, some baby related and some not. Yesterday I dreamt that I went to the hospital in early labor and was put in a large triage room with lots of other people. They took my clothes and I was just wearing a towel. Then they wheeled me into a cafeteria where an administrator was sitting at a table waiting for me with a tray full of random junk from my purse and a bunch of pills. They told me that I'd been losing weight and they suspected drug abuse, so they searched my stuff. I tried to explain that the pills were all medications that my doctor prescribed, along with some Tylenol and Benadryl, but they wouldn't listen. They also believed my husband was involved in drug dealing for some reason. They had already called my mom and told her to pick up our toddler, and DH was coming to the hospital. When he got there, they wanted to admit him as a patient too and he was like "Babe that's fine, I've got nothing to hide so I'll do what they want." I was crying and freaking out like "No don't you understand, we won't be together here and I'm going to have a baby alone and then they're going to take the baby away because they think we are drug addicts!!" 
    I woke up feeling so stressed out. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • All this date talk on here... Last night I had a dream that someone I know had a giant plate of dates, and since I've never tried a date before, I asked if I could have one. I took a bite and was chewing it.. inside there was 2 long thin bones that were crunchy and I was horrified when I opened half of the date and saw the 2 tiny long bones and blood inside it. I was appalled because I thought it was supposed to be a fruit and they told me that dates were little tiny rodent like animals. I woke up so disgusted. 
  • All this date talk on here... Last night I had a dream that someone I know had a giant plate of dates, and since I've never tried a date before, I asked if I could have one. I took a bite and was chewing it.. inside there was 2 long thin bones that were crunchy and I was horrified when I opened half of the date and saw the 2 tiny long bones and blood inside it. I was appalled because I thought it was supposed to be a fruit and they told me that dates were little tiny rodent like animals. I woke up so disgusted. 
    Ewwwww. So gross! And yet I'm quite amused because of the date theme. Haha
  • I think once everyone has their babies we should have one of our data enthused ladies rig up a chart to see if this date thing was effective lol 
  • Had a dream I was actually pregnant with triplets and went into labor on January 31st and the first baby came out WAY too small so they decided to sew up my cervix and keep the other two babies in there (I'm fairly certain I saw something like this on Grey's Anatomy once - likely where I came up with it). Fast forward a month and it's February 28th and I go into labor again. This time, the next baby comes out happy and healthy slightly before midnight. An hour later, the last triplet comes out. 

So essentially I dreamed that I had triplets and all three had different birth dates born in different months - January, February, and March. Weird...
    Oo, can I pretend I know anything about dream interpretation? Lol, maybe the babies in your dreamrepresent different stages of yourself in this pregnancy: like, in January you were way not ready, and your mom instincts were premature. Now in February you feel more confident, and in March your identity will change again to include a new name: mommy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i had a dream that it was time to have baby so i way laying in the bed and i had this massive bag of waters that was bulging way outside of me... like spread my legs apart all the way down to my feet big... and the drs were trying to figure out if they should rupture them or not... i found out last week i have extra fluid so I'm sure thats what triggered this but the image was quite funny
  • @Gators&BoSox this visual made me giggle :) 
  • Mine have been super random and bizarre. I need to start writing them down so I can remember!
  • I had two in one night.

First dream: I was in labor and when I got to the hospital they assigned me to an OBGYN instead of one of the midwives I've been seeing. DH left the room and they started telling me I needed a c section. I asked them why and no one would talk to me. By the time DH returned I was hysterical and told him that they wouldn't tell me anything. (My rational brain knows this wouldn't happen, but apparently my subconscious is worried.)

Second dream: I kept presenting to L&D and telling them I was in labor. They would ask how far apart my contractions were and I would tell them that I wasn't having any. So they ask if my water broke, and I would say "nope". So then they are like "why do you think you're in labor" and I would tell them that I just feel funny and they would send me home. In my dream I did this like 3 days in a row. I kept walking over from my office, which is across the street. I think I was just trying to play hooky from work.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• So DH had a dream that he shared with me... He dreamt we were hanging out in the living room watching Unreal (side note: if you haven't seen unreal you should binge watch it on Hulu right now because it's amazing) and I told him "Look you can see the baby moving!" - which happens to be a real-life thing that happens quite often - and he looked over and could see the whole baby's face printing through my belly. In his dream, it made him really happy but when he woke up and remembered the dream he was so weirded out, haha! 

Alright, @longliveregina, I'm waiting for dream analysis part 2, because DH and I were both blown away by your last one ;)
  • DH and I both dreamed that we were asked to adopt another baby born at our hospital, so we came home with two girls, not just one. In his dream, the mom was a single mother we knew who died in labor, but asked us to take her baby. In mine, the other mom was a random stranger. So weird that we had such similar dreams without talking about it. I think we are both feeling a touch overwhelmed about bringing this baby home next week! 
  • Instead of training my replacement at work, I was training her at home on how to be the baby's mom and my dh's wife.  I woke up so sad.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker