June 2017 Moms

Britney Ever After- Lifetime Movie

edited February 2017 in June 2017 Moms
I thought about putting this in weekend randoms, but I'm hoping there's enough people in this group who want to discuss! Anyone watch it? Thoughts? I kind of loved them giving credence to stuff that's been speculation (ex: dance off). 

Re: Britney Ever After- Lifetime Movie

• Is this the Lifetime movie about Britney Spears?? I wanted to watch it. 
  • Oh shoot! I wanted to watch this. Must look for repeat

• Loading the player...
  • So, I am a HUGE Britney fan.  But I hated this movie.  I didn't like the actress they chose to play her.

Some thoughts:
    1. The only thing that was spot on with the actress and Britney is, she had her laugh down pat!
    2. They portrayed Justin Timberlake to be a cheese ball.
    3. I had no idea Britney's dad had a drinking problem.
    4. I had no idea Britney had a serious boyfriend prior to her becoming famous.
    5. Do we know if Britney had any say in this movie/portrayal of her life?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    So, I am a HUGE Britney fan.  But I hated this movie.  I didn't like the actress they chose to play her.

Some thoughts:
    1. The only thing that was spot on with the actress and Britney is, she had her laugh down pat!
    2. They portrayed Justin Timberlake to be a cheese ball.
    3. I had no idea Britney's dad had a drinking problem.
    4. I had no idea Britney had a serious boyfriend prior to her becoming famous.
    5. Do we know if Britney had any say in this movie/portrayal of her life?
    I don't think she had any say whatsoever. There's a disclaimer at the end stating some pieces may have been fictionalized. As a total Britneyphile (I mean, I completely exploded into confetti when I saw her Star Search dress on display in Vegas) it was cool to see them act out these scenes as if they could be real. Sort of like fan fiction. There's always been rumors of a sex tape, a dance off, etc, and this movie made it seem like this stuff really did happen. 

• Wino0920 said:
    Is this the Lifetime movie about Britney Spears?? I wanted to watch it. 
    Yes! I edited the thread name so there's more of a connection. Hopefully more people will join in discussing this Cheeto loving pop princess lol!
  • I'd also like to note:  Bump friends, please do not judge me on my Britney Spears infatuation!  I know there are a multitude of yall side-eyeing.  It's ok.  I get it.  My friends IRL and my DH doesn't understand it either.  But please don't think any differently of me! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC who cares!! Own it!! #unbothered
  • No side eye... love me some Spears!!!
  • The movie was terrible. Terribly acted plus they didn't have rights to any of her hits so it was full of made-for-TV music which made everything more corny. What I did like was learning about her relationship with JT behind the media image they tried to portray plus her start with KF who I thought was just a random background dancer. 

Apparently she did a documentary style special on Lifetime, too, that she was actually in. Anyone watch that?

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019