Options

Weekend Ticker Change 2/18-2/19

How far along are you

How big is baby

Any appointments this week

Symptoms

Cravings

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 2/18-2/19

• Options
    How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Barbie Convertible 

Any appointments this week? Yes...appts every 2 weeks now!

Symptoms? INSOMNIA...thus starting this post 

Cravings? Sweets. Just made my first Girl Scout cookie purchase...I had to buy 3 boxes since I was paying with a card.  <3

Rants/Raves/Questions? Starting to get baby boys room together...makes it feel so real! 

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? 

I look forward to eating Caesar salad!!!! I don't know why but I crave it soooo much when I'm pregnant. My hubby had it ready for me after I delivered our first! Hahaha

• Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? cauliflower 

Any appointments this week? GD test

Symptoms? Nausea a few times. Sore boobs. Heartburn. Crankiness.

Cravings? Chocolate. Breakfast foods.

Rants/Raves/Questions? MH has been amazing. Trying to think of something nice I can do for him before LO arrives.

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Sushi! I've been craving it so much. And whiskey. Can't wait to have a nice Old Fashioned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale or a bowling pin

Any appointments this week? On the 28th, gotta get my GD screening done  :#

Symptoms? Still acid reflux, back pain, having a harder time waking up to work out at 5:00am, lots of movement (although wonderful, sometimes annoying)

Cravings? Sweets, salty, everything.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so looking forward to my shower on April 2nd.  I want to get the baby's room ready but obviously have to wait.  I'm also going to LA to visit my sister & BIL, Thursday-Monday which I'm so pumped about.  

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Drink!! I know I can have a glass of wine or a beer once in a while, but its not the same! Work has been so stressful so having a glass (or two) after work is really enjoyable.  

@m3ganmc I still have caesar salad! I guess I don't really listen to most of the rules with the exception of what drugs to stay away from.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Just some nausea, but it seems to be going away

Cravings? Green apples, grapefruit, hot tamales, mini chewy sweet tarts

Rants/Raves/Questions? I start my new job on Monday and I'm pretty excited. When I talked to my supervisor she also seemed excited and they made my training schedule slightly different so I'll be working on my own for longer before I'll be on leave.

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Lately I have just really wanted a strawberry Reds. They are all I can think about and sometimes talk about.
    I keep forgetting that we shouldn't be having caesar salads, so I've had a ton. But I also don't remember it being on my doctors no list.
  • Options
    <lurking from Friday> It's my understanding that most places don't prepare a "true" Caesar dressing with the egg. More often than not it's a bottled/prepared dressing. I can understand the appeal in wanting a good, true version, like from a fancy place, because it's delicious.
  • Options
    Now I want a Caesar salad...
  • Options
    BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited February 2017
    I've totally had Caesar salads lol but yeah probably not authentic...it wasn't on my dr's list either so I never really thought about it. 

How far along are you? 27 weeks tomorrow

How big is baby? Deflated basketball lol or lettuce according to the bump 

Symptoms? Tired, irritable, overwhelmed and feeling unprepared...not really a baby symptom but that's how I feel. 

Cravings? Nothing in particular...I guess chocolate the last couple of days hence the Phish food ice cream last night...I tend to go back and forth between salty and sweet which is how my periods were. I wonder if that has any correlation? Lol

Rants/Raves/Questions? H has given me at least 2 foot massages his week which was very sweet and then getting the ice cream last night. His birthday is coming up and I'd like to do something for him but we should be closing on the house that day and all of our extra cash is going to that...does that count? Lol

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Lay on my stomach...I don't usually sleep on my stomach but knowing I can't makes me want to do I can stretch out! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks - finally 3rd tri!

How big is baby? Eggplant

Any appointments this week? Next week

Symptoms? Getting harder to get off the ground, where I tend to spend a lot of time playing with my toddler

Cravings? Matzoh ball soup and soft pretzels

Rants/Raves/Questions? DW wants to cuddle all night in bed but I just want space to move freely. I love you, but get on your side of the bed! Also, how do you politely tell people they have rank breath? My preg nose cannot handle it

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? all the time off work :-D
  • Options
    @chailife34: On the rank breath thing: I don't really say anything but I kind of do this loud exhale thing through my nose and take a step back, and hope they get the hint.  :)
  • Options
    I tell DH when his breath is rank lol he goes and brushes his teeth then  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    BabyMC517 Yes! I miss sleeping on my stomach so much. 

I also did not think about caesar salads being a no-no. Though I doubt I've had any that were truly authentic.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks!

How big is baby? Eggplant!

Symptoms? Sciatica, back pain, insomnia... and I know this is probably tmi, but anyone else feel like their pelvis is separating??? Hurts and so uncomfortable!!

Cravings? Cookies, candy bars

Rants/Raves/Questions? Going home to see my fam this coming weekend and I'm excited to see everyone!

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Just the time off in general, and getting some sun!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29 weeks 

How big is baby? It's an acorn squash

Any appointments this week? I have an ophthalmologist appointment this Tuesday. I had small retina tears a couple of years ago and my ob wants to check it's safe for me to do natural birth

Symptoms? Heartburn. Joint pains. Lower parts pains. The usual. Hair looks good though.

Cravings? Rice crispies

Rants/Raves/Questions? Long weekend! Yay!

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? I'm thinking a bloody Mary. Sushi. Beef tartar. The usual, part two. Lol. Oh, and a hot bath. Our new place is going to have a lovely deep standalone bathtub.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? A bundle of kale...I guess

Any appointments this week? Tuesday with the OB

Symptoms? Heartburn like a mofo, insomnia and general irritability 

Cravings? Right now I could go for some cheesy mashed potatoes or a scramble with sausage, eggs, bell pepper, tomatoes, and cheese...mmm and juice

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really...looking forward to spending some time with my family. DD and I never get to see them anymore.

GTKY: What do you look most forward to doing once baby is born (something you can't do while pregnant)? Enjoy some drinks with DH, wear my normal clothes, get my garage tattoo fixed and most of all sleep on my stomach, sleeping on my sides kills my hips and the pillow crap just doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks

How big is baby? Motorcycle helmet or cabbage

Any appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Gallbladder per usual, lots and lots of peeing and back aches

Cravings? Nothing particular

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Had my baby shower yesterday. It was beautiful and perfect. Very happy with how lucky we are to have great people in our lives. 

sleeping in whatever position feels nice and having some relief from gallbladder or just getting it out. 
    Eating chicken and eggs like a normal person. Haha. (Food aversions)
     I for sure thought booze would be on my list but surprisingly I haven't really missed it at all. 

@lilmisscrafty and @thistlenweeds don't forget you can do the cooked varieties; all crab and shrimp sushis are cooked. I've had sushi 3-4 times. 

Caesar salads never even occurred to me!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    sarah0985 yeah, but I really want a spicy tuna roll  :(
  • Options
    Unfortunately my fav Caesar salad places do the authentic/raw egg dressing...I'd rather wait it out than risk anything! Ohhh and I feel ya on the laying on the stomach!!!! I'm sooooooo over side sleep!!!