February 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun - week 2/6

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun - week 2/6

• @MLRocha I'm 2wks pp and my stitches still hurt too, sort of a moderate ache that really doesn't feel good when walking. 
    And @Partyof6? my hemorrhoids are awful still but I guess slowly getting a little smaller. I'm a gross mess down there & wonder if I'll ever look halfway ok down there again! :(

In happier news, my crazy swollen legs and feet improved about 10-11 days pp.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited February 2017
    Had a migraine all day so they sent me to triage - BP is a smidge high, still waiting on labs and urine to come back. Reallyyyy hoping I won't be here the 4 hours. My head is killing me ugh
     Edit: ugh damnit, wrong thread. My bad ladies.... Don't mind me....
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been wondering about this PP swelling! I can barely get my slippers on  :s
  • My incision is infected. We discovered this around 11:30 last night, and called the on call OB line. Now we are waiting for the pharmacy to open to pick up my antibiotics.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • MommaBean said:
    I've been wondering about this PP swelling! I can barely get my slippers on  :s
    Me too! Google says it's normal-just one of those things. I didn't really swell during pregnancy though so it's throwing me off. Extreme hydration is supposedly helpful. 

That sucks @WinchesterGirl. I hope the medicine does the trick and that it's not too painful in the meantime. 
  • @MommaBean @Xstatic3333 Speaking of swelling - our pediatrician yesterday told me to get alfalfa tablets from the health food store, for a natural diuretic to help swelling resolve a few days faster! I started mine yesterday.

She gave me a whole list of supplements to support BFing too, but that was just for swelling.
  • @WinchesterGirl oh man that's rough.  Does it hurt or just look gross?
  • Sorry to hear that @WinchesterGirl! Hopefully with the antibiotics you'll feel better soon!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @PerraSucia it doesn't feel great, but it's only the very end of the incision at the moment. Hopefully the antibiotics work fast.  :s
  • That stinks @WinchesterGirl. I hope the meds kick in quickly for you. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @WinchesterGirl! That sounds potentially helpful for me. I kind of feel like a water balloon right now, and still have a seven months pregnant bump going (weight gain aside, of course). My BPs were all good at the hospital so I think it's just the standard PP edema. 
  • @WinchesterGirl oh no! i hope the antibiotics work quickly and you're not in too much pain.
  • *lurker here

Ladies be careful with those alfalfa pills, diuretics can cause electrolyte losses and imbalances. Talk to YOUR doctor first
  • @Xstatic3333 same here - no swelling until after delivery! I'm 6 days PP and I think it's starting to go down... ankles are fat, but they're ankles again. 
  • MommaBean said:
    I've been wondering about this PP swelling! I can barely get my slippers on  :s
    It took me just over 2 weeks PP for the swelling to go away.  I'm 3 weeks PP now and finally feel like my feet are back to normal. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone know how long it takes the stitches to dissolve? I had just 1st degree tearing. The Dr might have told me, but at the time I don't think my brain was very well organized, plus I was pretty mean to him so he might have just did what he needed to do and then leave lol. But anyway, I've tried to use a mirror and get a look but I couldn't see anything and didn't want to stretch anything down there. But lately I've gotten minor irritation and some itching down there where the switches (hahaha it should say stitches) would/should be and wondered if it was from the stitches dissolving and working loose.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think mine took about 2 weeks @kswiger06 the itchyness is most likely from the skin healing up. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks @lct2008! I'll be 2 weeks PP tomorrow, so it still aligns and makes sense. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @poetryandoceans exactly! I asked nurses questions the next day, and afterwards my husband told me that I already asked the same questions the day before. I have been glad that my husband was always listening to everything going on. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 the stitches might dissolve faster or slower depending on what suture material your doctor used. I'll be 3 weeks pp on Thursday and still feel weird thickened areas where I think my sutures are, but less itching and no more burning.
  • Should we create a new thread for this week? Should I? Or is that somebody's else's role?
  • I had my 4 week pp appointment yesterday and my doctor said my stitches weren't dissolved yet but they will be soon. I had a 2nd degree. And I have itchiness and some discomfort still. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• I hope you finish healing soon @becbec28. Also I'm just curious, but with you still having stitches and some discomfort, did they do a pap on you or not yet?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My stitches just started bothering me a couple days ago.  I assume it is just them healing.   

One week postpartum, how is your bleeding?   Mine seemed to get better then worse.  I am assuming it is due to stress and activity that can't be avoided.  Would that concern you?  Its like medium period flow.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you @Gretchypoo.  With running around to the hospital all weekend and funeral prep this week,  I can't really relax.   I have also had some larger clots come out recently.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've recently had clotting and noticed an increase in bleeding too. It's not bright red though, so I figured it's just still working itself out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Partyof6? My OB also said that once your milk comes in your bleeding will pick back up. and you may have some clots because it's just been sitting in your uterus. babies apparently suckle slightly differently once milk comes in and cause the uterus to contract harder to expel remainder of blood. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Wow thank you guys so much. My bleeding was up a bit today too and I was starting to worry, but it's still pretty low overall (maybe I'm more cleared out since I got post-delivery pitocin?) and I knew if I called I'd get laughed at. I'm feeling better and moving around a lot more so I assume that may be why. Also getting a bit more sore down there but hopefully it's just from the stitches healing as they should. 
  • Has anyone else not been getting an urge to pee? There's only been 2 times since coming home that I felt the urge to pee, and it was like an emergency, need to go now. All the rest of the time, I just think oh hey, I haven't peed in a while I should go, or I need to go just to change my pad. It's super weird, I drink a lot, but I don't ever feel like I need to go.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 it's coming out of your boobs 
  • @kswiger06 no, my doctor just did a visual exam and I'll go back for a pap. I also never feel like I have to pee. When I realize I haven't gone in awhile and I go it's a lot though lol and I leak and don't feel it. Oh the joys lol
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• becbec28 said:
    @kswiger06 no, my doctor just did a visual exam and I'll go back for a pap. I also never feel like I have to pee. When I realize I haven't gone in awhile and I go it's a lot though lol and I leak and don't feel it. Oh the joys lol
    I see. I have a 4 week appointment but in the past I went at 6 weeks so I was curious how a 4 week appointment would go. And that's how I am with peeing. Lol :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lol I'm like that with peeing, too. I had a c-section and assumed it was from having the catheter. 
  • So, not postpartum me,  but anyone else have a little one with a really stinky umbilical stump?  We realized we accidentally got it wet Monday and now it makes the whole baby smell funny.  It does not look angry or infected or anything,  and looks nowhere close to falling off.  WTH?
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Partyof6? said:
    So, not postpartum me,  but anyone else have a little one with a really stinky umbilical stump?  We realized we accidentally got it wet Monday and now it makes the whole baby smell funny.  It does not look angry or infected or anything,  and looks nowhere close to falling off.  WTH?
    Is it dry now? Can you dab at it with a cotton ball? I'd call your ped if I were you - "foul odor" was on the list of infection symptoms to look out for...
  • Sorry I know this is old, but I'm always weary of being the one to start new threads for some reason. Thought it would go best here though. Anyone else's back absolutely frigin killing them since having the baby? I'm still very overweight, but have already dropped a considerable amount of weight since giving birth (trust me that's not an AW) so I don't think that's the issue. I've never experienced back pain like this with my older two. I did have kind of a botched spinal and my back has been bruised from it for a while so maybe that's it, but have also heard bad back pain can be a pretty common postpartum symptom. Anyone else?