July 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Rather than bring a November thread back to life, I figured I'd start a new one for our second trimester hunger. What are you eating?

I picked up the ingredients to make a really vinegary slaw with hard-boiled eggs and (pasteurized) gorgonzola. I'm ridiculously excited.

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• Options
    So much Taco Bell.

Apologies if you must go there now too.

Nobody even leaves my office for lunch, but I have gone out the last two days!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I can't walk by a bag of Doritos in the cafeteria without buying them. I never bought Doritos before. This kid obviously has a refined palate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I may be the strange one, but I really don't have many cravings. I went through a big fruit phase, but that's passed, and now I'm just trying to eat better and avoid junk. I guess I'm boring, although I really, really, really want wine. Non-alcoholic wine just isn't going it for me. 
  • Options
    Big huge chef salads and Subway sandwiches. All fast food sounds so gross to me right now and chocolate makes my stomach churn. I guess it's a good thing though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    +1 on the Taco Bell.  Can't remember the last time I wanted it at all before this pregnancy, but now I can't get enough.  I went through an eat all the fruit phase, eat all the chips phase (cheeto puffs and lays classic), a popcorn phase, and now it's just trying to keep myself from so much junk.  It's so hard though!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Friday's are for chick-fil-a.
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn chick-fil-a is my favorite, I dream about their southwest salad.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    An entire bag of Earth Balance cheese puffs. Sorry not sorry. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    There was leftover steak in the fridge from two nights ago, I sliced it up and turned it into a delicious steak sandwich, of which my son stole half. OMG so good. New craving. Also, gimme all the apples and bananas, almond raisin granola and sugar smacks. Yum.
  • Options
    Target has the Easter candy out. The Reese's white chocolate eggs are my kryptonite. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    Just eating whatever I want at this point! I do veggies or salad first, before junk food haha, but that's it. Loving spaghetti, steak and potatoes, hot cheetos, sour candy. Last night, it was cheesecake, today it's asparagus...I think I might be pregnant?? 
  • Options
    mrscate88 said:
    Just eating whatever I want at this point! I do veggies or salad first, before junk food haha, but that's it. Loving spaghetti, steak and potatoes, hot cheetos, sour candy. Last night, it was cheesecake, today it's asparagus...I think I might be pregnant?? 
    I think full on pregnancy only happens when you dip the asparagus in the cheesecake ;)
  • Options
    mrscate88 said:
    I think full on pregnancy only happens when you dip the asparagus in the cheesecake ;)
    Okay, maybe I'm not "that" pregnant haha! 
  • Options
    nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited February 2017
    Trying so hard to channel my "I'm pregnant so I can eat whatever I want" mentality into I need to eat what's good for me and for the baby... craving chips, having brussel sprouts with some salt on top. Craving a fruit roll up, having a sugar free jello. I had that mentality with my first and OMG did I regret it afterwards. Yes, those cheeseburgers and milkshakes were delicious but oh boy that 60lbs I had to work off was not worth it. 
  • Options
    Craving fruit especially berries and watermelon like no ones business. That's basically it. I don't have a lot of hunger right now. Which makes it easier to eat balanced and healthy meals at least. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Biscuits--flaky biscuits!!  Soo many!! I had been eating pretzels (like auntie annes make at home).  I have an apple with peanut butter every day too :). We had chinese last night---soo good!
  • Options
    So. Much. Pizza.

And my weekend lunch lately has been chicken salad made from those rotisserie chickens, little bit of mayo, grapes, avocado,Craisins, salt and pepper.  OMG.  Only on the weekend, though, because it needs to be freshly made.  Yum.
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I've never heard of grapes in chicken salad but I'm totally trying that next time!
  • Options
    kat0607kat0607 member
    edited February 2017
    I haven't had too many weird cravings, but I ALWAYS want something spicy. Hot sauce, hot peppers, hot salsa, you name it. As far as what I eat, my appetite is huge, especially in the morning. I bring a ton of stuff to work with me. Everyday for the last week my breakfast at work has been a breakfast burrito (I make a big batch at home and freeze), ten strawberries, and a bowl of cereal. 

ETA: @chiquita928 I looove chicken salad, and yours sounds so good. That's one of my go-to recipes if I need to use up a leftover roasted chicken at home.
  • Options
    @JulyBaby17 try Clausthaler Amber nonalcoholic beer (can get at Trader Joe's) - when I'm wanting wine I have one of these instead and it totally does the trick! Seriously tasty stuff. I find NA wine to be gross.

As for me, I just spent half an hour designing a custom mix 1-pound box of See's chocolate online and now I don't know how I'm going to survive 10 days waiting for it to arrive.
  • Options
    +1 on the fruit! I can't get enough strawberries!!! I get a bowl of cut fruit every time I go to the store and it only lasts a day. Apples with peanut butter. Bananas and blueberries in my cereal. Give me all the fruit....

+1 on the cheese puffs! Total guilty pleasure.

+1 on the Taco Bell. Normally I hate Taco Bell, but I've had it at least 4 times this pregnancy. 

I've also been consuming 2% milk daily. Either in my cereal in the morning or a full glass at some point during the day. 

And the worst of all... Coke a Cola! This should have been my confession today. I've had a glass of Coke every day for the last 2 weeks  :#
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    @chiquita928 same here! Took the kids on a pizza lunch date because all I wanted was a super hot cheese slice and their amazing creamy spinach slice! Have also made the same chicken salad at least 1x a week for dinner.  I still can only stomach steak, shredded chicken and ground beef/turkey so poor hubby is getting pretty bord of my cooking.  

Also don't remember who posted the shredded chicken & salsa crock pot recipie but it save my life last week when I was beyond tired... 3 days of shredded chicken deliciousness with minimal effort!!!! 
  • Options
    Jimmy Johns is #1 craving right now. Also dipping everything in hot sauce.  (Or drinking it out of bottle)

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    Obsessed with fruit over here too! I can't wait for summer and the farmers markets to open and everything to be in season and cheap! 

Today on the way to the grocery store, DH said something about pancakes and I immediately wanted waffles!! But I'm saving that for breakfast tomorrow...or an after dinner snack!

I was a little afraid to open this thread,cause usually I see something and then have to run to the grocery store! lol 
  • Options
    Anything tart 
    anything spicy 
    anything full of carbs! 
  • Options
    Hint of lime Tostitos with Salsa. And clausen's pickles.