August 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in Week of February 13

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

I think we can kind of skip the intros by now, but do so I feel you'd like!

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: PGAL Check-in Week of February 13

• How far along are you?  14 weeks today!

How are you doing? Good other than I had to refill my Diclegis because my nausea hasn't gone away yet. 

When is your next appointment? Not until the 27th!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  my belly is officially out all the time. It used to deflate and be normal in the mornings. DH is obsessed with it and loves rubbing it so I guess that's fun haha

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH? No. I don't really see the point to Valentine's Day haha neither of us are very romantic. We're both very much realists. However, we'll probably go see Fifty Shades Darker this week so I guess you could count that as Valentine's Day stuff?
  • @mokay19  I hope your nausea goes away soon!  Also yay for the second trimester!
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks 6 days 

How are you doing? Pretty good.  

When is your next appointment? Wednesday 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am not really excited that it is Monday.  DD1 had asked me to make her a scarf.  So I ended up finishing a baby blanket, two scarves (1 for each DD,) and starting another blanket during potty training weekend.

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH?  H is definitely more romantic in the things he plans.  We don't have Valentine's plans.  He already took me out because we were potty training DD2 this weekend.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 sorry your nausea is still hangin' around. Why can't every symptom magically go away once 2nd tri comes along?

@hupp0013 I'm impressed with your quick knitting skills! I made a scarf once and it took me weeks. Needless to say that was my first and last knitting project. 

@dmbfan46835 thinking of you today! Hope this wait time till you can see your LO for your scan flies by!

How far along are you? 12 weeks today

How are you doing? I did my last progesterone suppository last night so hopefully that helps alleviate some of my nausea. 

When is your next appointment? just had my NT scan this am- everything looked great but baby must have known I had a two hr delay at work due to snow- wouldn't cooperate to turn and was so lazy hanging out upside down, looking at his/her hands. Took a good 20 mins of poking and prodding and coughing to get a profile shot. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: rant: still didn't get my first tri bloodwork or Panorama results before my NT scan this am, so I'm still anxious. Hopefully I'll hear today or tmrw bc on Fri when my dr's office called they said "48 more hrs."

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH? DH got me an early valentine's day present (tickets to John Mayer) and he's working tmrw, so nothing I guess. I always tell him we don't need one day to tell each other how much we love each other bc we do that the other 364 days a year. 
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks tomorrow!  ( I cant believe how far along I am!)

How are you doing? Not too bad, Ive had some pains in my hips and back, but we are getting a new mattress in a couple days, so I'm hoping that will help.  I was really hoping that I would get a few weeks of feeling normal before this . . .

When is your next appointment?  Not until March 17, for the anatomy scan! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  I am working from home again today, I haven't been in the office since last Wednesday, because of snow!  Definitely loving sitting on the couch and watching TV while working all day! I am also going out to get some maternity clothes this weekend, becuase I know I could pop at any point!

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH? No real plans, but we are going to make home made chocolate covered strawberries! Our birthdays are both right before and then our dating anniversary is right after, so we don't do much for valentines day. DH is totally more romantic, and always tends to surprise me with something (not always on valentines day).

**TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @mokay19 I'm SO glad I'm not the only one full on bumping already!! She totally popped over the last few days. Only a sweatshirt can hide it now. I've got other teachers staring hardcore at my middle section now trying to decide if they should ask me. I'm short in the torso so I'm sure that has something to do with early bumping. 

@szwill86 STILL NOTHING?! So sorry :( I know the agony BUT I'm glad everything went smoothly at your scan. I was amazed at how much they could see in the scan.  Also jealous of your 2-hour delay. We had one last Thursday and it was heavenly. We've had nothing else snow wise. Which I cant really decide if I'm upset about or not. 

This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you? 
    14+1!!!! Second trimester baby!!

How are you doing? 
    I'm starting to feel some peace with this pregnancy and just be happy. There are moments where I just can't kick the worries. This gestational week is the same time we lost our baby last year so that little devil on my shoulder is still sticking around. 

3/8! Feels soooooooooo far away. 

Raving that my husband is coming home this weekend for the long weekend. He's working in Alabama already until I move down there after school ends (couldn't leave my kiddos high and dry). Excited to see him. 

Nah. We're not big into Valentine's day, plus he's away for work anyway. I'm sure we'll Facetime. 

• dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited February 2017
    @szwill86 yes! That's great news about your scan! I actually thought about you this morning! So dumb about the blood test results tho. Come ON people! 

Im freaking out about my scan! Ahhhhhh! Longest wait ever! I did take half a day off tho. I needed to come to work so I wouldn't sit at home and obsess. But I'm also completely worthless here right now. Lol
  • @cmmiller531 so sorry about this being your previous loss week. Hopefully you can breathe after this week is over! That's so nice of you not to move until after the school year but I can imagine how hard it is on your relationship, especially during pregnancy! Glad you'll get to spend the long weekend together. 

@dmbfan46835 I get taking half the day off. Heck, I took the whole day off today just because my PGAL brain didn't know if the appt was going to be a negative one like last time which thankfully it was not. Now I have time to do things around the house I neglected over the weekend and go for a sushi date with the hubby! None for me,(chicken teriyaki bento box instead) but I can still drool over his eel avocado and spicy salmon rolls. 
    Make sure you check in after your appt! Fx for you!
  • @szwill86 my baby did the same thing for our NT scan last week. The tech was poking me, had me flip on my side, drink juice, empty my bladder, eveything! Finally he decided to flip just enough to get a good shot. He was just opening and closing his mouth, I think he was trying to signal that he was hungry! Hopefully you get your NIPT results back today.

How far along are you?
    15 weeks tomorrow

How are you doing?  Okay, I puked last night when brushing my teeth and still nauseous sometime...

When is your next appointment? Tomorrow!! Can't wait!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Can't wait to eat tons of Valentine's treats tomorrow!!! 

GTKY: Got any Valentine's Day plans? Who's more romantic, you or DH? Not really, I'll make DH's favorite meal. I was thinking of making a heart shaped cake but that's more for me than DH  :D
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• This thread is for August moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

How far along are you?
    Almost 16 weeks. 
    How are you doing? 
    Still really struggling with nausea. I've gone without dinner a few nights. It seems to really hit me early afternoon, and then I'm miserable in the evenings. 
    Tomorrow, however, it's  just a routine OB appointment. I see the MFM next Tuesday and they will remeasure the hematoma. 
    This reduced activity thing is already killing me! I feel so lazy and useless. 

On a positive note, I feel baby boy at least daily. So happy he's active. 
    We are going out to dinner. I got a gift certificate from a special client of mine, so we're using that. Plus I'm off work tomorrow. Otherwise, it would be like any other day. I'm definitely the more romantic. Well, DH is romantic room he's just a bad planner. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• @mokay19 I love that he rubs your belly!

@hupp0013 I am jelly that you knit. And apparently fast! I wish I knew how!

@littlebug2010 do you see a chiro? I stopped during my last pregnancy and regretted it won't my son was born. I had a helluva time getting my back in order after that. 

@szwill86 aannnddd now I want sushi!

@cmmiller531 you are going to fly thru this week and be past this milestone and moving towards that take home baby. Such an exciting time!

@a2003tiger so awesome you are feeling your little man already! That has to really help that PGAL brain!

How far along are you? 

12 weeks on the dot! I hate being at the end of the month, feel so far behind! 

How are you doing? 

Still nauseous and a fair amount of heart burn. This is starting to feel more and more real!!! I get to keep this baby y'all!!!!!

It was today!! Nuchal trans test today and they drew my blood for the cell free DNA test. Ultrasound was great!!!! Nasal bone was present and my NT measurement was .9 which the tech said was good? The baby was crazy active so no cool shots but I will take it!  What a wonderful Monday!!! I can finally breathe.  The high risk doc said all looked good and said he would recommend the blood test just to help with my anxiety but he didn't think I need it, even tho I'm old AF ar 35. Results next week sometime. 

looking forward to finally telling family about this baby. Maybe this weekend? So hate all the hiding and sneaking. And this blump is getting hard to hide! Lol

none. Neither of us are necessarily romantic. His love language is touch and I'm more of a service person. So that complicates things. Looking forward to firing up the dvr and watching some TWD
  • @dmbfan46835  I dont.  I have never needed to, but my dad has for years (he was a cop for 23 years and the vest and gun belt were killer for his back).  If the new mattress I get doesn't help, I might have to look into either that or massage. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • @littlebug2010 I've had scoliosis since I was young so weekly chiro appts are a must for me. I did stop when I got my BFP at the request of my OB bc shes heard stories about how an adjustment has gone bad with pregnant women. I'm lucky though bc I go to a place where they do "therapy" aka massage first for 20 mins before an adjustment and my OB was fine with me going back for just the massage in the second tri (pending one of the masseuses does prenatal). 

@dmbfan46835 yayayayayay for a good NT appt! What opposite babies we saw today! Hope everything comes back low risk for your cell free. 
  • @szwill86 a massage sounds beautiful right now! I think I need to really look into prenatal places around me! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • I think we can kind of skip the intros by now, but do so I feel you'd like!
    Hi ladies, hoping I can join you a little late. I just did an intro in the intro thread. I'm 34 and pregnant with my 3rd. I have a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old. I had a CP in June 2016 followed my a miscarriage and D&C in August 2016.

How far along are you? 
    15 weeks tomorrow :) 

How are you doing? 
    Pretty good. I still have morning nausea and sometimes night nausea. Overall still can't eat a lot BUT I'm generally feeling better about the pregnancy now that we got the results back from the Maternity 21 testing and NT scan. 

March 1st. 

I'm already showing which is crazy to me. It's for sure just some added cushion from starting a bit heavier then before but also a bit of a bump. 

We always usually just cook a nice dinner in. Honestly I got my husband a  fun "toy" because the last thing I want to do is anything sexual...probably tmi for my first post. Sorry ladies. 

I'm joining late! Previous mc in Aug 2012, then my rainbow in Dec 2013 (Christmas Eve baby); then mc in April 2016 so I'm hoping for my 2nd rainbow!

How far along are you? 
    12+5
    How are you doing? 
    Feeling better now that I'm past the 12 week point
    March 2nd
    I started telling people at work so it feels like it's getting real. Plus, on Friday we found out it's a boy! I definitely thought it was another girl. 
    No plans, especially since I get so tired by 7pm. And DH's bday is Friday so we will probably do something fun this weekend
  • @pinkyswife there is no such thing as TMI around here! Welcome! 

@bubblesmtu I was so exhausted today because I stayed up past 8pm last night! Haha
  • How far along are you? 
    12+1

How are you doing? 
    My nausea seemed to have peaked last week.  I still have nausea, but it seems more manageable compared to last week.  I'm still really exhausted.

I had a sono and blood draw for the cell free DNA today at MFM.  My next appointment with my OB is 2/24.

I just started feeling flutters.  This is baby #3 and I also started feeling flutters around the same time with DS2.  I've been so nervous with this pregnancy for a variety of reasons so it's nice to at least start feeling something.

DH is traveling OOS for work tomorrow and probably won't be back until pretty late.  I'm fine with not having plans.  

DH is probably more romantic.  He surprises me with gifts from time to time and writes really beautiful, heartfelt messages in the cards he gives me.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • szwill86szwill86 member
    edited February 2017
    **possible TW**

11 days later, I got my Panorama results back- low risk!! I'm so relieved. But the universe reeeeeally wants me to find out the sex- I left the box unchecked to find out the sex and when I just clicked on the "view results" link, this disclaimer came up:

I'm guessing because I did the extended panel test, too which looks at gender specific chromosomal disorders? Either way, thank you Panorama for that disclaimer! Now let's see if I can not peek at that till August...

*edited to add TW bc I forgot initially! 
  • dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited February 2017
    @szwill86 of COURSE they couldn't have been ready 24 hours earlier for you!

eta- awesome results too!! Wooohoooooo!!
  • @szwill86 YOU GOT THEM!!! YESSS!!! I don't know how you're staying team green! More power to you! My type A would come out screaming if I didn't know lol

@a2003tiger What does the baby's movements feel like? I am trying to decide if some of these feelings are like gas bubbles or baby. A few days ago I felt this really strange almost like stretching sensation right where the baby would be sitting. Sort of like she rolled from back to front or vice versa. Then sometimes I feel random thuds or pops. I'd LOVE to believe it's her in there, but I feel like nahhh it's too early. 
  • @dmbfan46835 thank you! Hopefully your bloodwork will be back soon and everything will be good news, too!

@cmmiller531 Believe me, I am soooo type A as well. But last pregnancy when I found out from a dr who accidentally told me, I felt like some of the excitement was taken out of the pregnancy. So I'm team green all the way, hopefully till the birth! I'm also selfishly team green because this will be my first living child and I haven't had a baby shower ever and I know my families- if they knew the sex, theyd all just cheap out and buy me color specific clothing instead of items off my registry that I really need. 
  • @cmmiller531, just like you described. Mostly thuds or pops. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• I feel like I'm less bloated this morning and of course instead of being grateful my PGAL brain just makes me worry. Is it normal to lose some bloat in the second trimester? It's just like the squishy puff that isn't as prominent but I still have a rounder belly.... if that makes sense...
  • @mokay19 is could just be what you've eaten since yesterday or that you had a really nice BM. Don't fret ;)

lLoving the new people! 

How far along are you? 
    14 weeks today

How are you doing? 
    Rough. I've had a lot of stress at work and home. I know stress is not good for the baby, so that makes me worry/stress more. 

Today.

I didn't post anything last week because of everything going on in my life, but I promised I read it!

I have not been getting along with two of my coworkers (I'm a teacher) and they keep saying it's because I'm pregnant. Nope. I just don't like you! 

And my hubby is still ill out of work (it's been over a month) thankfully, I carry the health insurance, but the lack of money is causing stress! Which makes me worrry about the baby. I was hoping PGAL brain would be gone after I hit the 12 week mark! 

we didn't really do anything for vday. Hubby is not working so gifts were out. I worked all day, and in the evening he had therapy with my stepson and my stepson's mother. She was so kind scheduled it for Valentine's Day. (One more stressor) 

• @mokay19 I'm always checking my bloat! @a2003tiger I am jealous you are able to feel the baby already. That's one of my favorite parts! 
  • So we are going to start sharing the news. Ugh. Freaking out. We don't have the blood test stuff back from the NIPT but the NT scan looked good so DH wants to tell his parents, who will in turn tell the entire northern hemisphere. DS is staying there Saturday night and we did the shirt thing for the surprise. But I just can't help but feel anxious about it. What if the blood test results come back bad? What if I lose this baby? I can't take this shit back now.  I liked that it was our little secret. Only a few people at work know and apparently that's just because if you spend 8 hours a day with people they start to notice things. I'm not sure if I'm ready to share with the world. 

And SIL is currently trying to get pregnant.  I'm not sure if they are having fertility issues or not. She has been saying since before I got pregnant with my son that she was going to start trying. Then every time we talk she says oh not right now, we may start trying next month. That's been a couple of years now. So I can't tell if they are having problems or just really haven't started trying until very recently. I told DH we should tell her first and then his parents. In case she would be upset but he disagrees. This is the second grandchild on both sides so his family is going to make a huge deal about it and I don't want her upset. 

ok, rant over. How'd you ladies get over the fear of announcing? It's so.... permanent. 
  • @dmbfan46835 I went through those same fears! Ultimately, my DH calmed me down (every single night for the week leading up to telling people haha) because he said eventually people are going to notice and it'll be more special to tell them and not have them guess or just ask. Which it was very special! But I still have fears all the time that I'm going to have to "untell" people. PGAL brain sucks but you can do it!
  • @dmbfan46835 I have all my test stuff back and I still haven't committed to telling the whole world yet. I'm scared too. It's okay to feel that way!
  • @dmbfan46835 it's really hard and I am still scared everyday! I just keep thinking that at least for work, i would have to tell them anyway if I lost the baby so they may as well know I'm pg upfront. With DD I felt so much better after the 20 week A/S. 
  • @dmbfan46835 We told the world right after the NT scan came back, and before blood work was back.   Both of our families knew about our MC because we were too excited the last time and told everyone at 9 weeks and then we lost the baby like 3 days later.  DH and I decided that we needed that support from people if I lost this one again, so we told family around christmas, and were only 7-8 weeks along at that point.  I was super nervous to tell the world after our NT scan, but I came to realization that if we go through another loss, then even more people will be there to support us, and that would be nice.  We have had to hide the first loss from people becuase we didn't want to tell them, and it gets awkward.  Sorry for the super long dear diary post, but I think you need to take all scenarios  and decide that if one of those happens, are you comfortable telling people it happened, and if you are, then tell the world, and if not then I would hold off until you are, and really talk with your DH about it as well. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @dmbfan46835 I agree with what @littlebug2010 said. Think about how comfortable you'd be in all positions. DH wanted to tell his fam this wknd but I just found out not all the microdeletion results were back from the Panorama test so we're holding off. You also might what to think about letting DH's parents know, but with some boundaries like, "we're telling you now, but please respect our wishes not to share our news with anyone else until we get all the results back and give you the okay."
  • @dmbfan46835, @szwill86 made a good point, set those boundaries! We made sure to tell everyone who found out early that this was not public knowledge and they couldn't tell anyone (even if that person would never tell) with out asking us first.  It drove our parents nuts, but they survived.  If you dont think that your in laws can handle that, then dont tell them until you are 100% ready. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 My parents knew for 5 weeks before we told anyone else and they asked on a daily basis if they could tell! I think they were more excited than we were!!

@dmbfan46835 I agree with everyone! Good luck PGAL brain makes it so difficult!  
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @dmbfan46835 I don't think there's ever a safe time to tell (PGAL brain) at some point it will just show, and people will know. A lady in my church has been showing for weeks and people have been talking about it. She finally announced at 20 weeks (she had a previous loss at 39 weeks) but really we all knew because it was pretty obvious, but no one was rude enough to say it....
  • Thank you all so much ladies! Love the support! We are going to talk about it again tonight. He is pretty hell bent on telling them. But I like the boundaries idea for sure. It will be a while yet before DH puts anything on social media, I myself don't do Facebook. And we won't tell my mom til we can do it in person next weekend so they will really need to keep the excitement to a minimum for a while yet anyways. I called the doctors office when I left work to see if my chance my results were in, knowing they wouldn't be, just to ease my mind a bit. But you all are right, even if they come back clear I still won't be ready. It's just such big news. It was nothing but pure excitement with DS. Now it's like being ruled by fear. Ugh. F you PGAL brain! 

Enjoy your weekend ladies! We made it thru another week!!  <3
  • Hello ladies, this is my first post on this particular thread. I missed the previous weeks, but I'm here now! I'll just give a quick intro: 

I'm a 39 year old mother of four from Portland, Or.
    My fiancé was diagnosed a year and a half ago with a rare autoimmune brain disease and we faced male factor infertility as well as 4 back to back early losses over the course of 2.5 years. We pursued an RE, had a failed IUI, was told we'd absolutely need IVF to have a successful pregnancy. We were really hurting for a while coping not only with his health and losses, but also because we knew we couldn't afford IVF any time soon...and then we got our miracle! 
    It feels great to be in the second trimester now and further along than our early losses.

How far along are you?
    14 weeks (tomorrow!)

How are you doing?
    I'm feeling much better now that we've had 3 scans and gotten back genetic testing indicating that we've got a healthy baby girl!
    I'm feeling achey and tired still. 

When is your next appt?
    March 13th 

Rants/Raves/Positive Vibes:
    Just sending out lots of support to all the women here, and to all women TTC at this time. Especially those that are facing infertility and precious losses. 

GTKY: 
    Valentine's Day was mellow. Made some dinner and gave the kids and my man some chocolate. He gave us chocolates and heart socks! Ha. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @dmbfan46835 My parents, two of our siblings and a few close friends know so far.  My NT scan at MFM looked good and I should get the NIPT results back this week.  I have a regular OB appointment on Friday.  My mom keeps asking about when I'm sharing the news.  I was planning on telling my kids next weekend at 14w assuming the screening results come back ok, but now I'm second guessing myself.  I really can't hide it at work much longer, but I'm still so nervous about something going wrong.  I thought I'd feel better about things the closer I got to the second trimester, but last year's loss has definitely affected everything.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers