Baby Names
Options

Priscilla

Is it too much? It's a family name and I would never have dreamt of it but I heard the NN Cilla recently and I kinda love it. I just know I'd never use the full name, which bothers me.

Re: Priscilla

• Options
    I like it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I like it
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't love it.
  • Options
    You said you'd never dreamt of using it and you would never use the full name. I think you answered your own question! Also, what if someday she'd ask you how she got her name, and you said, "well, it's a family name, and I didn't love it at first..."---and even if you grew to love it---wouldn't this be an awkward thing to disclose?
  • Options
    TBH it sounds a little harsh

What about Cecelia nn CeCe or Celia?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    It's harsh yet kinda frilly I'm not a fan but LOVE Cecelia as mentioned above

• Options
    I really am not a fan of it and makes me think "prissy." I do love Cecilia and think you could get away with Cilla as a nn for it.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. It would be predicated on using the full name so I think you are right- I answered my own question. So I may have to leave this one for another relative to attempt!
  • Options
    I knew a Priscilla growing up who went by Prissy, and she really was quite prissy. It's put a bad taste in my mouth for the name ever since.

• Options
    Ugh I would never let her go by Prissy hence Cilla but I know you can't control what others call your kid...
  • Options
    It sounds prissy to me.  Cilla sounds nice, but there would be lots of times people call her by the full name. Think of things like having her name called in the doctors waiting room, filling out documents, teachers calling attendance on the first day of school, etc.  If you dislike "Priscilla" in these types of situations, don't use it.  PP suggestion of Cecilia nn Cilla is a good idea.