Baby Names

Girl Name Poll

lifeislove87lifeislove87 member
edited February 2017 in Baby Names
DH is SUPER picky with baby names (not really with anything else). We finally have a list and I get the final decision from the list. 

Girl Name Poll 88 votes

Hayley
2% 2 votes
Jocelyn
28% 25 votes
Charlotte
18% 16 votes
Brynn
11% 10 votes
Eleanor (Ellie) not leaning toward this because it's a good friends new baby name
4% 4 votes
Claire
35% 31 votes

Re: Girl Name Poll

• bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited February 2017
    Claire is really the only one I care for. 

Ellie is soooo overdone I just can't get behind it. Charlotte is nice but too popular for me. 

Jocelyn is hard for me. I grew up with a male one and it is also masculine so I always have a hard time picturing it on a girl. Despite that being the usage in the US

Haley and Brynn just don't hold much substance for me. 

• If you like Hayley I would spell it Haley. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted for Jocelyn because it's uncommon (at least where I live) and I've read books with characters with that name, so it has a good connotation for me. Claire would be my second choice.
  • I like Jocelyn.  Charlotte too but it's too popular for me.  I like Clara a lot more than Claire.  Brynn and Haley sound annoying to me.
  • @mb0112 I love Clara too, but DH is a solid "no" on Clara. Jocelyn is actually a favourite aunts name
  • Charlotte- love, but overdone

Claire- really like

Joscelyn- NAF

Hayley- NAF

Eleanor- don't love the full name and Ellie as a nickname is very overdone

Brynn- I have always loved this name! Probably because of a little girl I used to babysit for who was so sweet and absolutely adorable

Do you have a middle name in mind?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @laurenm2123 not sure on the mn, thinking Anne (my moms name) or Carolyn (his moms name), I'm a huge fan of honouring people through names 
  • Voted Claire. Dislike Hayley and brynn. Like Eleanor and Charlotte but they are so popular... Jocelyn is a second. 
  • With middle names here is what I think could work:

Charlotte Anne (very pretty but popular)

Claire Anne (pretty not sure of flow though)

Brynn Caroline (not sure how you feel about changing to Caroline from Carolyn- but I love this name)

Haley Carolyn (not my favorite name but I like the flow)
    Haley Anne (not my favorite name but I like the flow)

Eleanor Carolyn

Joscelyn Anne (don't love, but flows with mn)

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I voted Charlotte but I also like Brynn, Eleanor, and Claire. The others are prettty but the spelling isn't for me 
  • I voted Brynn. I like the name and it's not super trendy or over done but still recognizable. I really like Claire too. The others are NMS or over used IMO.
    BabyName Ticker
  • With middle names here is what I think could work:

Charlotte Anne (very pretty but popular)

Claire Anne (pretty not sure of flow though)

Brynn Caroline (not sure how you feel about changing to Caroline from Carolyn- but I love this name)

Haley Carolyn (not my favorite name but I like the flow)
    Haley Anne (not my favorite name but I like the flow)

Eleanor Carolyn

Joscelyn Anne (don't love, but flows with mn)

Thank you so much for doing this! I'll run them by DH
  • joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited February 2017
    Claire is the only one I like on here. It's on my short list too:) short and sweet, no funny short forms etc.