Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In 2/13

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What does your dream home look like? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/13

• Options
    How far along are you?  31 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Football sized. Or 3.5 pounds or so. 

Appointments coming up? 
    Every other week now, so next week. 

Physically the pain and aches have ramped up. Back pain and hip pain especially. Reflux is still a beast. Emotionally I'm still feeling unprepared but I really think in the last two weeks I've been feeling really positive about meeting her and holding her. We had our childbirth class this past weekend and it both terrified me and made me feel more comfortable with what to semi-expect. I'm also clear on my stance with my birth plan now. Those things really help. 

My next milestones are full term, and also I guess leaving my job. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    The nursery is slowly moving forward. Soooo slowly. Hahaha. But it's getting there. First baby shower is this weekend! 

I think the home of my wildest dreams is located in a warmer climate, is probably a cape cod style, with a bedroom for all and multiple bathrooms. Laundry on the main level. I'd love a large backyard with a wooded area. And a hot tub. As for interior style, I love light and airy. Lots of windows. Open kitchen. And a big library with window seats and a fireplace.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w6d

How big is baby? 
    Today an avocado, tomorrow a navel orange

Appointments coming up? 
    None this week

Good on both fronts. I broke down and bought a home doppler and, honestly, it's the best thing ever. I don't think I would have done it earlier than last week but, by now, it's easy to find the heartbeat. I'm only letting myself use it once, max twice, a week but it's helping me get through this stretch of no appointments - which I am NOT used to after dealing with IF. I'm still tired but I'm making it past 9 vs. falling asleep at 830 so little wins. I also was able to introduce egg whites back into my diet this weekend - another little win.

Appointment next week, 2/23.

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Does anyone know how the Target 'complete your registry discount' works? We aren't planning on registering there but our nursery furniture is from there. So if I go in and register JUST for that - and my mom were to buy the crib piece - when/how do you get the discount on the other pieces? 

Quite honestly, I love our house now so maybe just make some pieces of it bigger!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @byrneme glad you're feeling a little better! The discount will become a coupon at a certain point.  I'm waiting on my completion discount still for Amazon and target. My Amazon one will become available on Thursday. Target I'm not sure but soon. I know on Amazon it will all be online but witt target I don't know if they'll email it to me or mail it or what. But I do think you have to use it on one big purchase and not several little ones, so make sure you get all the items you want at once. 
  • Options
    @HGRich Have a wonderful time at your first shower! 
    @byrneme
    I'm happy to hear that the home doppler is giving you some peace of mind!

How far along are you
    ? 35w3d

How big is baby
    ? Size of a lop rabbit

Appointments coming up
    ? Wednesday, Thursday and Monday.... Third Trimester + High Risk + Baby measuring small means 3 appointments in 1 week. I'll update y'all in my next check in, but say a little prayer for me that my LO has caught up in size and isn't still sliding down the growth percentile chart...

How are you feeling emotionally/physically
    ? I'm definitely on the struggle bus this week... Everything hurts and sleep is non-existent. Certainly struggling to keep a positive attitude. However, it seems like there is a lot of happy news all over this group lately, so that has been brightening my mood. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to
    ? Full Term in 11 days!!! 

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : I seriously cannot figure out how pregnant women figure out their baby's position based on movement. 

GTKY: What does your dream home look like
    ? It has a big wrap-around deck with rocking chairs, lots of land for children and dogs to play, and a huge open kitchen with lots of counter space, a huge island, and multiple ovens for my cake-decorating business! 
  • Options
    How far along are you: 7w5d; baby measured 7w6d on ultrasound yesterday!

how big is baby: between a blueberry and a raspberry

Appointments coming up: meeting a midwife next Friday! I'm excited for this one because I just "graduated" from my RE yesterday :-)

How are you feeling: over the moon after a great appointment yesterday. Also, very nauseous most of the time. And I wish I wanted to eat things that were healthy for me, like fruits and vegetables.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to: Probably the appointment next week. Or maybe the first abdominal u/s to hear the HB rather than just see it.

Rants/raves/questions: the days are really long. The weeks right now seem even longer. I don't want to rush the whole pregnancy away but it's hard to keep this big old secret! I'm looking forward to spilling the beans in mid March.

GTKY: what does your dream home look like: it's located somewhere in a major city that we love that has awesome public transportation and yet also can accommodate our car. It has a library with huge windows and a window seat. And magically, we have an awesome outdoor space that requires no work or upkeep on our part. (Hate yard work!!!)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks

How big is baby
    ? Size of a peppercorn 

Appointments coming up
    ? First appt is march 3...so far away...

? Doing OK right now. 

? First appt! 

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : No, kind of at that boring but nerve wracking stage :/

? Aww, lots of windows, and a cool porch, on a cute street, sigh, can't afford it where we live :( lol 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    How far along are you? 17w2d

How big is baby
    ? Turnip

Appointments coming up
    ? Anatomy scan 2/24

? I've been feeling a lot better emotionally, but with the a/s coming up the worry brain is coming back. 

? Anatomy scan!

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : Ugh, my bowel movement issues were gone for a week and a half but came back with a vengence yesterday. 

? I actually really like our house, but the one thing I would change is a larger kitchen with a huge island!
  • Options
    emgem819emgem819 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 7 weeks

How big is baby
    ? blueberry

Appointments coming up
    ? New OB appt. 3/6, fetus chromosomal test 3/13

? Since today's appointment (1st ultrasound), feeling a lot more emotionally relieved, but starting to worry financially about caring for twins!  Physically, MS has been coming on pretty strong the last few days, but managed to control it pretty well during the day.  Feeling hungry all the time for carbs!

? New OB appt.--hope to hear the heartbeats!

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : Need to catch up on sleep I've missed over the past week because I've been so nervous things weren't going well until today when I was able to see the two little ones on the screen.

? Like PP, I would love my dream home to be somewhere warm, and close to water if possible.  Lots of windows would be nice, a pool, screened in porch, and a big backyard with lemon trees! :)
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cpr79 I remember being so nervous for a/s. let us know how it goes!

@emgem819 twins!! Oh my word so exciting! Excited for you to hear little double heartbeats in a few weeks! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avocado or Action Figure if you are going on fruit

Appointments coming up?
    March for the 20 weeks scan

I still cannot seem to take a deep breath. I spotted throughout first tri so I keep checking and hoping I don't spot anymore in second tri. Physically I'm exhausted and headaches are almost daily

I cannot wait to feel baby move, hoping that will ease my daily worrying

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    whaf did you do to ease the stress/worry? I know we cannot prevent or change anything but man I just can't seem to relax

5 bedroom, 2 story, with a decent size backyard for the kids to play. 
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 Just remember that you (and your partner) have complete control of when and how you share the news. I know there is the "traditional" understanding that you have to wait until second trimester, but honestly who really cares? You share whenever YOU feel comfortable! So excited for you!
    @CPR79 I distinctly remember the panic I felt leading up to my anatomy scan... And then when the day finally came it was the best day of my pregnancy BY FAR. My LO was wiggling around like crazy and showing off my doing flips and waving at the camera - my whole heart melted on the floor and I was suddenly and instantly attached to that life in a way I had not previously felt in my pregnancy. I sincerely hope that your experience was as wonderful as mine - I am praying for you and your AS. Keep us updated next week (maybe even with a picture!)
    @emgem819 I can't even imagine how wonderful it was to see those two little beans on that screen!! I hope you are able to get a bit more rest now!
    @mamaof2hopefully Totally hear ya on the spotting fear... I'm 36 weeks and I STILL check my toilet paper religiously every time I wipe just in case. I'm excited for you to feel movement soon!!!
  • Options
    @mamaof2hopefully for me personally, distraction was a good help for daily anxiety. Plus prayer, for me. Plus I had a home Doppler I let myself use once or twice a week. Then you're right--that daily movement made a huge difference in my worry levels and I stopped using the Doppler eventually. There are still days when I worry, and days when she's too quiet for my taste, but it is quite a bit better. Thinking of you in this frustrating stage. Looking forward to hearing about your a/s! 
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 we have been sharing slowly with those who know about our previous losses. I let one new person in on the secret early because she is my supervisor at work (sort of) and that has been helpful! The hard part is waiting to tell others--colleagues, acquaintances, etc--and keeping secret how sick I've been! I'll be on vacation until 2/27 and if I look different when I return to work, I may announce a bit early. :)