Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC 2/17/17

What are your flame-free* Friday confessions?

*not actually guaranteed to be flame-free*
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: FFFC 2/17/17

• Loading the player...
  • @kiwi2628 same!! My parents have a tendency to always go to the same places as well. It drives me crazy, but they obviously love it or they wouldn't keep going back! There are places we've been that I would love to see again, but there's too many others that we haven't been to that are constantly calling our names! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @cdnrunning I take full advantage of having dark hair. It does start feeling gross midway through the second day, particularly if the heat is blasting in midwinter like it always is. I just shower when I get home, wondering if anyone noticed. Haha
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I'm actually one of those people...we've been to Hawaii more times than I can count. I just love it there, it's slightly familiar, and it's so relaxing every time we go. I like to travel to other places too but I also am very much a creature of habit!
  • @eggplantface She is certainly prolife but I didn't get the sense that she was confused about the bills intentions to criminalize abortions. I got the impression that she just didn't understand how the bills related to infertility treatments. To be honest, had I read the bills without reading the thread first I would have never thought of that myself. However, I think antoto's explanation was pretty clear in how these bills can have "legs" and could impact infertility (even if it's unintentional).... so maybe you are right and she just wanted to stir the pot.  
  • JJMNO1616 said:
    @eggplantface She is certainly prolife but I didn't get the sense that she was confused about the bills intentions to criminalize abortions. I got the impression that she just didn't understand how the bills related to infertility treatments. To be honest, had I read the bills without reading the thread first I would have never thought of that myself. However, I think antoto's explanation was pretty clear in how these bills can have "legs" and could impact infertility (even if it's unintentional).... so maybe you are right and she just wanted to stir the pot.  
    Yes, I could see that, given the people who wrote it didn't seem to see the implications to infertility either.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• adirat said: Did you guys read the link about the TN legislation to deny paternity to consenting husbands when donor sperm is used? It's that faction. While I hope it's a minority part of the anti-abortion movement, it's sure a vocal minority as the TN legislation makes clear. 
    Wait WUT!? Um no, I didn't read that but I'm about to right now. What the actual F. That is INSANE.   
  • I feel like some of us know and respect each other too well to flame each other for this stuff @hartmich @Pinky917

@pinky917 I think we've all had timing goals like that. I have no hard feelings about your goal to have your first child by 30; heck, I'm wishing and hoping that it happens for you!
  • @hartmich omg I am with you! I hate cleaning and I am so lazy about it, but right now we could afford a cleaning lady, it just seems too indulgent when I have so much time to clean. Once we have a baby though, BOOM, cleaning ladies, lawn people- all of it!
  • @Hartmich - oh I already have someone come to clean...lol. Depending on our schedule/guests in town/planning on having large number of guests over, it works out to 1-2 a month, so not super regularly.  Its wonderful and I love it.  

But I know if I become a SAHM, that luxury goes away.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @heatherdubrow I respect that! I can't even justify my thinking on the subject... it just is what it is.