November 2016 Moms

Baby fever already?

Am I the only one getting baby fever for a second kid already? Maybe I'm crazy or maybe it's because we had fertility issues and it took us 2 years and 2 rounds of ivf to get our little man but I want some Irish twins. LO has been super fussy and after 10 weeks we finally got his formula down and I still want one

Re: Baby fever already?

• I'm not ready for another baby but I do really miss being pregnant which is crazy considering how badly I wanted to not be pregnant the last six weeks. We'll probably start trying again in September so I will hopefully not have a long wait!
  • We are most definitely one and done. I was leaning that way anyway and then with the issues my H is having there is no way we would ever consider a 2nd. I do kind of miss being pregnant, as my pregnancy was pretty easy and I really didn't mind it.
  • Loading the player...
  • You're definitely not alone. It's weird because this didn't happen after our first but as we were leaving the hospital I was already thinking about #3. And I still am. DH originally said maybe to a third but quickly went to no when he was immersed back into infant hood. Now that LO has reached 2 months he's back to maybe. I'm not looking for Irish twins but I would love to have another soon. Granted, that requires ovulating, which I am not.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • My DH would get me pregnant tomorrow if I'd let him. 
    I am really looking forward to being pregnant and having baby number two. However the thought of two under two makes me nervous. But I don't think it will stop me! 
    However I am waiting until after I am back to work before I start trying again. In Canada you need to work 600 hours and then you qualify for one year maternity leave. So I want to make sure I'll be able to get those hours before baby 2 shows up! 
  • I've thought about number 2 as well, but I'm nervous! LO has been amazing, so I'm nervous that the next will be tough just because. I think having two near the same age would be cool for the kids, but I'm hoping to wait a decent amount of time for myself and H. 
  • I've thought about #2, but am waiting at least a year. I didn't like being pregnant and don't do well being sleep-deprived, but I don't want an only child, so will probably start trying again early/mid 2018. Also, I share @desoky01's concern over the next one being tough because this one is so wonderfully mellow.
  • Here's what I will warn: pregnancy with a LO running around is VERY different and super exhausting. Still worth it but very different. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ Thanks for the reality check! :D

I miss being pregnant so much, and have been thinking about the timing of trying again. (knock on wood) Our little is so dang good, though, that DH is hesitant.. afraid we'll have a "harder" newborn next time around.
  • We kinda feel  we don't want to get sleep back just to have it ripped away with another new born. Just keep sleep deprivation going
  • I am not thinking about another yet. H would want to start trying this year. As for me, I'm good waiting until 2018 or even 2019.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Our first was super easy and our second is almost exactly the same. The only difference is that there are two of them so when "it rains, it pours". But personally I'll take the unadulterated love and chaos any day. 

I am am glad they are two years apart because we really solidified a lot of our DD's wants/needs/personality/etc which has allowed us a little more head space to learn this LO (if that makes sense at all). Though, admittedly, I wouldn't mind another one next spring which is obviously closer. 
  • There's no baby fever happening this way! We have 2 girls and DH really wants a boy but I don't see that happening. (Realistically, we can't afford 3 with our current finances.) DD1 was a really easy baby but DD2 has been more challenging. In her defense, she has a milk intolerance that we didn't learn about until she was about a month and a half so I'm thinking that explained her initial fussiness. Regardless, I'm already overwhelmed from chasing after DD1, breastfeeding with an elimination diet and going back to work so I don't see myself catching baby fever anytime soon!
  • I go back and forth. I know we are done (although my husband STILL hasn't called his Dr to get a referral to a urologist for a vasectomy.. so I mean...).. if I didn't have gestational diabetes with this baby I'd be happy to have another, but that alone turns me off from trying for more. 4 is it for us unless we have another surprise.
  • @leighry my friend had a baby last year conceived a week before the husbands vasectomy! 
  • @kvruns haha oh no!! I guess that kid really wanted to be born. I better keep my fingers and legs crossed!
  • DD is #2 so I am 99% certain we're finished. DS was 3 when she was born so we had a big gap (would've been 6 months smaller gap if I hadn't of miscarried). DH is 2 and done, and I very very very rarely think a 3rd would be a good idea.
  • We have two daughters (3.5 years apart) and we had always discussed being two and through. Well, I had never minded three but he was always two and through so I got on board with that. Ever since DD2 was born (and really, during the pregnancy too) he keeps bringing up how he doesn't want to be done. DD1 has always been soooo easy that we thought #2 would be the opposite. DD2 has been a dream too. IF we go for #3, I want closer age gap and would want to start trying late summer, so we'll see how we feel then. 
  • I read that the recommendation now is to wait 18 months between pregnancies (as in don't get pregnant again before your first is 18 month old) which seems like a pretty big gap (for a minimum I mean). When I was pregnant DH would talk about when to have a second, and I'd be like "chill out, we're gonna do this one thing at a time, totally can't think beyond the birth of this baby right now!"  Now that I'm no longer pregnant and DH has gotten a taste of what taking care of a baby is like, the tables have turned. I'm thinking about when we might have another and he's like "let's get a handle on this little guy first!" Lol 
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • @leighry you must be a super mom! How is it really having them so close together?
  • Fwiw, our first was almost 4 when DD2 was born and I LOVE their age gap! DH would rather not wait that long for #3 and I just want 3, so I'll take whatever timeline

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I totally have baby fever! I thought I may be pregnant when my 3rd cycle never arrived, and I was freaking out because I thought my husband would freak. Turns out, he's down for one more and wouldn't mind them being close! I'm over a week late, but two tests have said negative so maybe this is just breastfeeding messing with my hormones.
    Weve decided to not use BC though. So, if we get pregnant, that will a welcome blessing!
    This happened to me right after stopping BF with our first. I had one period and then nothing and kept POAS. Turns out it was just hormones. 

Keep us posted!
  • Totally understand you'd be in shock. I too have PCOS and got pregnant with IVF, yet I got warned by my midwife that it would be possible to get pregnant 'easy' after giving birth. I am suddenly very regular and even feel ovulation as if I was taking hormones. 
    Hope this is a good shock for you @sarac986. My sister and I are 11 months apart and I love it (and of course as any sibling hated it too) but as a 'grown up' we are very close, but always get asked if we are twins.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• It is a good shock I think. We initially talked about having them right away then we got to thinking maybe we should wait until he is at least 6 months. I loved being pregnant mostly because it took so much for us to get to that point. This would only be my second cycle! I will keep you updated after the weekend.
  • @sarac986 have you thought about getting a digital test to know better? 

(hopefully this doesn't come out wrong) I watch the show My Big Fat Fabulous Life and the main character has PCOS and thought she was pregnant on a previous episode but it turned out it was just hormonal issues. I don't know much about PCOS but is that a possibility with something like that? 

For your sake I hope you get whichever result you want :) 
  • Am I the only one that doesn't know what PCOS is? 
  • Polycystic ovarian syndrome. You basically have imbalanced hormones and your eggs never fully developed. When you look at your ovaries in an ultrasound they have a bunch of small cysts which are undeveloped follicles
  • @MrsMaryK2016Polycystic ovary syndrome

@sarac986 I know on the TTGP board we said this a lot, a line is a line. However like Kvruns brought up, having PCOS could result in a false positive due to ovarian cysts. Also I have heard that it is easier to become pregnant shortly after being pregnant. I would say waiting to the weekend to test again is a great idea and then I would follow up with your doctor for a blood test and or ultrasound. FX you get the results you want!

@kvruns I just watched that episode too!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I have never heard that a cyst could cause a false positive. I have never had any large one just small ones that never bothered me. All my negatives were always a definite negative even when on meds like clomid. I'm way to distracted at work right now
  • I have pcos and had to use clomid for my first. I got my first period after we weaned at 1 year and fell pregnant right after. So for me it was true that it was easier to get pregnant the second time
  • Hihih, I watch that show too @kvruns, but she blames way to much on PCOS...

I haven't heard that PCOS can cause a false. I only know about the following reasons:
    - been pregnant/miscarried 2 months ago or less
    - when taking hormones
    - test past date or damaged packaging 
    - mixed urine with soap or chemicals 
    - waiting to long with reading the test 
    But must say...3 test being a false...What are the odds?
    I cross my fingers for you, I know the original plan was to wait a little, but what a gift :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @sarac986 keep us updated! I hope you get the results you are hoping for!!
  • Unless you still have HCG in your system from your last pregnancy I'd say a line is a line and pregnancy hormones are giving you positive test results. I have no idea how long it takes all the HCG to leave your system after you give birth...google says only 4-6 weeks postpartum though.
  • @sarac986 hoping you get the result you are looking for as well! Or that you find joy in whichever result. 
  • Thanks ladies.  <3
  • Thanks for the update. I'm excited for you! And have no idea why...