Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How do you know it's over? Or can cramping start up again?

Briefly: at 7w5d (Thu 1/26) I was diagnosed with a cornual ectopic, had a procedure where they inject the sac with methotrexate (terminating instantly, but not removing).

*lots of tmi*

I spotted from Thu 1-26 to Wed 2/1. By morning I was bleeding significantly enough to be considered CD1. By 2pm the cramping was intense enough for the full dose of Percocet. I started using a strainer for all bathroom breaks (if I had to go #2, I just wadded toilet paper and applied counter pressure on my vulva to keep anything from slipping out). Heavy bleeding and cramping Thursday, stayed on pain meds all day, clots were at most pea-sized. By Friday morning, cramping seemed to peak. At 11:30am I passed a smallish clump of fiberous/stringy grey and bloody tissue that rolled out flat, about 2.5" by 1". It seemed more like a decidual cast/placenta/possible pseudo sac than an actual gestational sac. I studied it a good 10 minutes, no baby. I saved it in the freezer because I figured I'd have more to add to it for burial later.

Anyway, I've had no cramping like that since. I do feel some cervical pain and sometimes pressure still.

Is that likely it? Or can the intense cramping come back, especially since I don't think I passed the sac, just the weird clot that condenses to the size of a large green grape but rolls out flat?

ETA: I'm just really confused. This is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the bleeding and clots I had with my 2003 5w that went septic, or the 9w2d that passed after the 8w1d u/s. Both ended with D&Cs, so I'm thinking that can't be it, right?

Re: How do you know it's over? Or can cramping start up again?

• Options
    I had three hours of intense cramping and passed the sac. My OB said that most likely I wouldn't be able to tell what was what because of all of the blood clotting. I ended up being able to see the sac but couldn't tell / see the baby. I was told just one intense session of cramping and that is it but I didn't have an ectopic pregnancy...
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. I guess I'll call in tomorrow and see if maybe they'll do a follow-up ultrasound.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited February 2017
    @GhanimaAtreides I went through labor on 7w4d, two days before my baby was delivered at 7w6d. I had contractions and lots of clots two days before passing the baby / sac. It was about as long as my thumb and I felt like I was going to have a BM after "lightning crotch" (my cervix dilating rapidly). I felt immediately better, but could feel where the baby was implanted for a while after while it healed and my uterus went back to normal size. This was about a month ago now. Many people do see greyish material, but I didn't. Mine was very dark. Hope this helps. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Fuck... yesterday my spotting was light brown (old blood) and nearly non-existent, appearing only 1/2 the time only when wiping, no transfer to liner which I switched to from pads 3 days ago. I was really dragging energy-wise all of a sudden around 11 today. I grabbed a coffee on the way home. An hour later I noticed I was getting kinda crampy, figured it was a caffeine-induced BM. Nope I have bright red new bleeding and passed another large clot. WTF. I thought I was done with pads, Percocet, and strainers.

I just want this to be over. 

• Options
    Ugh. I am so sorry. I hope this is all over soon :(
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    I miscarried at 12 weeks but baby had died at 8, I had about 12 hours of terrible contractions and then they pretty much stopped. A few hours after they stopped I suddenly felt a gush so I ran to the bathroom and out came baby and a while lot of blood and clots. I could clearly see the baby, but he wasn't in a sac or anything. Four days later (bleeding had way slowed down) I started having really bad cramps (took codine with paracetamol and was still in pain) and after a couple hours passed the placenta (a bit larger than a golf ball). In my case the bleeding and cramps later were because I retained tissue. 
  • Options
    Me too @rainbowwishes5

@Perfectypo No doubt retained tissue is a problem here. Never passed a discernible sac as it's firmly wedged in my cornua next to the tubal opening. Advanced repro doc wants to do an ultrasound once my HCG hits zero. I won't be cleared to TTC until sac is fully absorbed (from the few studies on my type of treatment, sac shrinks to 1/2 size at 3 months and disappears by the 6th month) and minimum of 3 months post treatment. At the same time she said she really hopes I pass it because she's "not keen on keeping necrotic tissue in there", which worries me that either it'll get infected or she'll want to do a D&C or cornual resection anyway if it's still visible on the ultrasound. Hoping for a sub 100 beta from my draw this morning.
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I bled on and off after my ectopic for 3 months.   I tracked ovulation with OPKS after HCG was at 0 and I didn't get a CD1 until 108 days after my first shot of mts.  What is your HCG at?  I also had random bleeding throughout that first cycle after my first AF.  
  • Options
    @justsuzie pre-op was 15,066, 1wk post-op dropped 71% to 4,303, 2wk post-op dropped 86% to 592. Today's 3wk post-op is still TBD, I'm hoping for at least an 83% drop to break 100. But I know that towards the end, drops slow WAY down and take 2+ weeks longer than typically projected off initial drops. I think the reason mine is dropping faster in comparison to yours is because of the straight-to-the-gestational-sac injection of methotrexate on top of the IM shot you had.

I'm still temping because doc won't approve the birth control patch until I reach zero, so I may only see an artificial shift from the patch vs ovulation. The OPKs would be unreliable for me still I think. Before this recent batch of bleeding my spotting was mixed with EWCM, but I wasn't going to start charting CM until the bleeding stopped.

• Options
    Update: The slow crawl drop has started. Only down 58% today to 251.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @GhanimaAtreides wow, that is quite the process. Sorry your HCG was not as low as you had hoped, thanks for keeping us updated. FX you are able to pass everything and there are no complications. So sorry you have to go through this

*edited because mobile bumping cut off half my post
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides I hope it goes quickly for you. I had bad contractions  and finally passed the rest two days later. Most of the bleeding and pain slowed / stopped pretty soon after that.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility