Baby Names

Is this name weird w the last name?

edited February 2017 in Baby Names
Idc I will share that my baby will have the last name Dunham after the father. 

Is Graham Dunham too weird? 

Since they both end with -ham, but they are pronounced differently as it's dun-um. 

Re: Is this name weird w the last name?

• I don't see an issue with it, especially since they're pronounced differently. Love the name Graham.
  • Graham is great! However, stylistically Graham Dunham is not my favourite combination. Pronunciation wise it's not a problem. Are you open to suggestions? Would Grant be an option?  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The sound doesn't really bother me but look kills it 

• edited February 2017
    The pronunciation is fine, but it looks off. Even though I know Dunham is pronounced dun-um, my brain wants to switch it to dun-ham when I see Graham next to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • catmommaccatmommac member
    edited February 2017
    I keep thinking of a bit by Jeff Dunham with Peanut about "Dun-ham dot-com" and that Dun-ham was the other other white meat. It was a funny bit.

edit the bump ate my post

no issued with pronunciation, visually it does look off, but not enough that I'd avoid it.
  • Agree with everone that there's not necessarily a pronunciation issue, but visually it's "off," like there could be other better options. It's similar to the name, for ex., Harrison Richardson. It's a little too close stylistically.
  • edited February 2017
    Funny you say that @SKZW because that is my last name and I love Harrison but automatically knew that was out because of the similarities. Lol (during previous pregnancy with my ex husband)
  • @brookedeyo: Ha! I was seriously just making up an example... that's so bizarre that happened!  :)
  • I agree. It sounds fine, but just looks weird. So weird that it would be a deal breaker for me. Grant is a great alternative.
  • Great name, no problem