July 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In 2/15

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around?

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup)

Re: STM+ Check In 2/15

• How far along are you? 17 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? My biggest "symptom" this week is my bladder control, which I posted about in the symptoms thread. Of course, I fell down the google rabbit hole and now I want to make sure I'm not leaking water/amniotic fluid. Thankfully I have a doctors appointment today. I'm almost 100% sure that I'm just peeing myself considering it happens after going to the bathroom and when I cough/sneeze and not all the time, but I'd rather just bring it up and be super relieved that it's nothing and deal with the embarrassment that I'm actually just peeing myself.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Doctor appointment today! Excited to hear the heartbeat again and schedule my anatomy scan! DD has to go in for her 15 month appointment (that we're a month late for) so I'm taking a half day and spending the rest of the day with her

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? Last time I had DH, my mom and of course tons of nurses. When I was actually giving birth to her, literally every doctor/nurse even the midwife who talked to me in triage (because she knew I wanted to do a med free birth) were all in the room because they were so excited to find out what I was having. They said they don't get many team greens and were all so excited. It was pretty funny, and thankfully I didn't give a f*ck at that point because I pushed for 2 hours and just wanted her out. This time it will be interesting because my husband will be in the police academy, so depending on what day it is he may or may not leave class. I told him if it's just class and he can catch up reading the chapter later than come, but if not, I don't want him to miss something that's more hands on that they only do training on a couple times. So my mom will definitely be there again this time (she's AWESOME!), and my sister wants to be there this time too since she was away at school last time. I don't know why she wants to be in there and see all that, but if she wants to I don't care. Best case scenario is baby comes on a weekend so DH can be there for sure, but of course that won't happen... 

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) Probably mascara. I just feel more awake if I at least have mascara on.

• How far along are you? 17 weeks today! 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? sciatica.  heartburn. Those are the biggies now.  If I don't take the unisom/B6 I'm still SUPER sick, but that keeps me feeling great! I finally have some energy back so that's nice.  Last pregnancy I had sciatica but it was much later.  The heartburn also started earlier this time.  And by this time last pregnancy I wasn't sick at all and felt amazing. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH is out of town again.  I hate when he's gone. 

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? I was very adamant about only my husband being in the room while I was laboring and we stuck to that.  Except for his mentor/pastor that married us/his bff drove 5 hours from alabama expecting baby to be here (32 hour labor that ended in a cs) so I felt bad and let him come in for just a bit. I'm not sure if I will have a RCS or a VBAC this time but either way, it will only be DH again.  

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) I rarely wear makeup anymore.  Such a change from before kids when I wouldn't go anywhere without it.  But I also work at a power plant and makeup just melts off of me.  That being said, I usually try to at least dust some powder on my face because I feel like I look sick/dead if not. 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Loading the player...
    • How far along are you? 17 weeks

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Peeing a lot, restless legs at night, still super tired.

Rant/Rave/Questions? we finally opened up our gender NIPT results on Monday and found out we are having boy #3. While I just wanted a healthy baby I'm sad for DH and the boys who were all hoping for a girl. We have two newphews so only boys in the family!

DH also just had his vasectomy last week so no more oops babies!

Anyone have diono car seat and can tell me which one you got? I'm having a hard time deciding between the rxt and the rainier. They are almost the same price when you buy the cheapest color on Amazon. I have a Nissan Pathfinder and will put a chicco keyfit between them. Right now I have Britax but not enough room in between for the keyfit.

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around?  Only DH. Last birth was emotionally really hard as my mom went into respiratory distress two days before I delivered so she was basically on life support. Same hospital but different building. She passed away a few months later but at least she got to meet DS2. I'm sad she won't get to meet DS3.

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) Mascara. Secondarily it would be my bare escentuals eye brightener.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?

19w+1d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Some tightness in the ute area for a few days. I don't remember this from my daughter. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I had to go get girl scout cookies this weekend, because everyone on here kept talking about them. They were not as good as I remembered. 

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around?

Just my husband, myself, MW, delivery nurse, and a baby nurse or two who showed up right at the delivery moment. I'd like it to be just as minimal this time as well. 

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup)

Moisturizer, for sure. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?

About 17 weeks give or take. It's fuzzy lol.

My flipping head is splitting open. And I'm crabby. Moreso than with either girl. I think it's the extra anxiety I've been experiencing.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I was curious when everyone plans to have siblings visit in the hospital? I had my oldest come every day last time and the first day was tough because I wasn't feeling great and she was a little freaked out. But I'd feel awful if everyone else met their sibling before they did.

I had two c/s so just my husband. If it was up to me I would possibly also have a birth photographer but I don't think my hospital allows it. I do wish they'd let him stay the whole time from before the spinal to when I'm ready to leave.

Oh my gosh concealer. I barely let my husband see me without it, I look seriously ill. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    19w4d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy?
    Just really dealing with the sore hips and super painful pubic bone (seriously, can that thing dislocate or something??) Otherwise, I feel fine, just huge. Although, @LuLiLaEv, bladder control is a serious issue for me as well. I just don't mention it here because it's definitely not a "new" symptom for me (has been a problem since 14 weeks).

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Rave, actually. My husband and I have been abbot on the rocks recently, for a whole host of reasons, surprisingly almost none of which are related to the babies. We went out for Valentines Day yesterday for the first time in ages and it feels like it may have been the reset we desperately needed. We had a long talk about some of the problems we've been having (mostly stresses revolving around my husband's job change that is coming up, financial strain from the move from Hawaii to Connecticut, and intimacy issues due to my pelvic rest and general body issues because I feel like a bloated tick these days). I feel like it opened a door for communication that let in some much needed light. I'm hoping things continue to improve from it.

Who did you have in the room for your previous birth? Who will you have this time?
    With my son, it was my husband. I'm hopeful that that will be the case this time as well. However, his military schedule is unpredictable and, as its twins this time, when I actually give birth may be unpredictable as well. If he's out to sea when I go into labor, my mother and sister are my backups.

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without?
    This goes back to my trichotillomania (a disorder that causes me to pull hair out - in my case, I tend to focus on my eyebrows, as I shave pretty much every other area that I target). So, I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I can't leave the house without filling in my eyebrows with brow gel and brow powder. I'm super self conscious if I don't have that particular makeup on. Probably second would be mascara. I'm take it or leave it on foundation (my skin is pretty solid generally).
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 20 weeks! 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Just feeling huge- I swear I look about 30 weeks pregnant. I can't imagine how I will feel three months from now.

Rant/Rave/Questions? We had our A/S today and so far so good! We found out we are having another girl and couldn't be more thrilled. This baby is our last and so I am trying to soak it all in.

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? DH and my mom were there last time. My mom passed away a few months ago so it will just be DH this time. In hindsight, I am so glad I got to share that moment with my mom with my first.

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) I have terrible skin, so foundation is a must.

• How far along are you? 18w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Started having uterine pressure just like with ds. Also got this awful pin from my belly button down in a straight linem. Happened last time, too, but much worse. Something about my muscles separating.

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH will be driving again next week after a year not being allowed!!!! (He had 6 seizures a year ago.) We're car shopping on Friday!!!

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around?  DH and hospital staff. I think 2 nurses, the dr, and a med student?

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) foundation

• How far along are you? 20+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Constant hunger, that's about it. Same with my others, although I think I was battling heartburn by this point with DD.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? Just DH, I don't even think we will have hospital visitors besides MIL (because she's bringing me my kids)

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) I don't wear any make up, so I guess I'd be screwed without my hair straightener 

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• How far along are you?

17w1d

Gassy as all heck. Dizzy spells. I honestly can't remember how I felt at this point with my last pregnancy. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Nobody I guess. My husband rushed me to the hospital after my water broke and the cord prolapsed. There, they just wheeled me into the OR as soon as we got there and he wasn't allowed to be there because they were putting me to sleep. The OB performing the section was there, an anasthesiologist, a neonatologist, and a bunch of nurses. When I woke there was only a nurse there, no husband, no baby. My last birth sucked. Hoping I get to have my husband there this time. The plan was for it to be me and him last time too. 

Hm. There's nothing that I use every single day. But I guess moisturizer. I have very dry skin in the winter and SHOULD be moisturizing every day but I don't get around to it every day. Thankfully my skin is clear so don't really need skin products. But I will slap some concealer on a pimple if one pops up. 

@nikkiandchris I'm hoping I'll be able to have my daughter there every day after her sister is born and I get a few hours rest. 

@Creedon778 we have the doino rxt and have no complaints. 

BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @Clio I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  My mom, too, has passed away since DS was born and I'm having all kinds of sadness about her not getting to meet this LO.  

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• @GeorgiaWife6912 Thanks so much! Your words of encouragement brightened my day. It is definitely bittersweet for me as well going through the pregnancy without my mom. After reading the post from @Creedon778 it sadly seems there are several of us in this boat. Hugs for anyone in a similar situation <3
  • How far along are you? 17 wks

Less nausea and indigestion. I overall feel much better. I am achey, but it is tolerable. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

How much to have DS visit us in the hospital? He will be 21 mo. 

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? Last time - One sis and husband. Mom, dad, and MIL were at the other end of the room in an area sectioned off with a curtain. Prior to delivery, I think a good 20 ppl came to visit. I couldn't believe the nurses let everyone back. That will not happen this time. Idk who will be where in the room for delivery. I didn't decide until the last minute last time. 

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) Foundation. 

• How far along are you? 

Tomorrow will be 18.

I can't think of anything right now except hungry and out of breath. I wasn't out of breath last time. Can't recall the hunger level though. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Just got my quad panel and the results are far away from the cutoff so that's good news. 

I really want to look for a new job but started showing quite a bit and feel awkward going to interviews like this but I don't think there's ever a good time. I'm also just dreading the process. It's scary. I've been pretty comfortable and content but I need more money and to learn new things. 

Just DH and the staff. Probably the same. He was amazing. I was really surprised how great a partner he was. I thought he would be terrified from my screaming (I was unmedicated) and if it weren't for him insisting we go to the hospital I would have given birth at home. To clarify, they sent me home and told me to see my obgyn in the morning. But I was back at triage within a few hours fully dilated. 

Hair dye. My gray hair makes me look sloppy and old. I'm not someone who puts any effort into my looks other than nice clothes, but I can't present myself with shabby hair like that. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamadcbmamadcb member
    edited February 2017

How far along are you?

19 weeks

Mostly the same. Out of breath quickly, starving at times, some RLP in the groin area. I was questioning my memory regarding movement because I could have sworn I felt more at this gestation with my son, and it turns out I have an anterior placenta which explains why I've felt less this time.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Saw a perfect, healthy baby boy at my A/S today. We requested/ got the same sonographer as last time because she was so great-- and she was again! Her enthusiasm was just great-- like we were the only people she'd ever done this for and it was just as exciting for her. 

Last time only DH was with me. I think if my mom were alive I would have wanted her there too, but I suppose she was there in a different way. Anyway, this time I'd like to have a video of the birth (I thought that sounded crazy the first time but have wished over and over that I could watch it happen. I wasn't medicated but all the adrenaline and the overwhelming physical/emotional sensations just made it into kind of a blur). I'm not sure if we'll just set up a camera on a tripod (and risk someone getting in the way) or if we should ask someone to film it. In that case, I'm not sure who I would want there for such an intimate thing... maybe my stepsister? Not a professional-- I'm too cheap for that :)

Moisturizer for sure, and eyeliner as a close second.

• How far along are you?  18 weeks today

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Haven't been feeling well the last few days, toothache and a dull pain in my jaw, and fighting a bit of a stomach bug (diarrhea-ARGH!). Luckily, both issues are starting to subside. I see my dentist on Monday, hopefully nothing too serious! With my first, first trimester was horrible with nausea and vomitting! With this pregnancy, overall, pretty good! Only mild nausea in the first trimester. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I want REAL food again! I really miss sushi! 

Who did you have in the delivery room with your previous birth(s)? Who will be there this time around? My mom was with me during my first delivery. We live overseas and I returned home to the US to give birth when I was 34 weeks. My DH was scheduled to fly home during my 38th week, but DS arrived a week earlier at 37 weeks. I was bummed DH wasn't there for the birth of our son, but he was able to be there the following day! Again I'm returning back home to the US for birth, so hoping DH will be there this time around (of course, my mom!)  

GTKY: What is one makeup item you couldn't live without? (or beauty product if you don't wear makeup) facial moisturizer!

Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 08/2011
    DS born 5/5/2014
    TTC#2 since 5/2016
    BFP: 7/17/2016 MC: 8/7/2016 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: 8/21/2016 MC: 9/19/2016 @ 6 weeks
    BFP: 11/8/2016 EDD: 7/20/2017