July 2017 Moms

July 2017 baby name ideas

Re: July 2017 baby name ideas

• @dancegurl1118 @chiquita928 I am probably about to ruin it for you. My only hold up on it is my sister said she will get made fun of because people will say "Oh, I'll Feel Ya". But that probably wouldn't happen until teenage years anyways and by then she will hopefully have thick skin like her momma and tell those boys to shove it ;)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 If kids want to, they'll mess with any name.  If they can't find a way to mess with a name, and they really want to mess with someone, they'll find something else instead.  I work in a high school, so I see it all the time.  I think that your sister's concern is stretching it a little...kids are usually not that clever.  Ophelia is a very pretty name, and it's not like it's a made-up name no one's ever heard of.  If you like it, do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @chiquita928 that's what I thought too. I feel better, thanks!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I agree with @chiquita928 that you can find fault with any name! 
    My name is Amber, and only once or twice I was called Hamburger! Lmao

The name we are thinking is Julian, and my mom insists that it's a girl's name and people will call him Julie! (Eyeroll) My coworker said they can only think of Julian Assange, which will be a super dated reference by the time it matters!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @rae1 I love Ophelia - I know an Ophelia (Lia) and she is a doll
  • @glitter fish I could see Jillian beING a girls name, but always thought of Julian as a boys name.
  • @Rae1 I LOVE charlie for a girl. If we were to have a girl we would have name her that. 
  • I'm getting tons of resistance for my name choice too partly because anyone who doesn't speak Arabic/Urdu/Hindi/Persian may not know how to pronounce it. And partly because my mum likes to control every aspect of my life.
    So I've decided I'm keeping two names, so in school it's not too bad and I can call him my name choice. I had the same situation for myself and I didn't mind it at all. 
  • @GlitterFish There was this really cute guy when I was in 4th grade named Julian. Go for it lol.
  • oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited February 2017
    @GlitterFish Julian is our favorite boy name as well, and it definitely doesn't hurt to associate the name with Julian Edelman. ;)

edit it because I was doing two things at once and my post was garbled. Also to say that if I ever mentioned that statement to my husband he would veto the name because he hates the patriots with a passion. 
  • yanchuss said:
    So my husband and I were set on girl names, but found out we're having a boy! We've narrowed it down to three names. I can't decide at all so I'm hoping to get some feedback. Our daughters name is Victoria. Boy names so far are:

Donovan John Michael (Don or DJ for short)
    Tobias John Michael (Toby or TJ for short)
    Leonardo John Michael (Leo for short)

The middle names are aftee my grandfather and my husband's father,  so those are the only names we're sure about.

We're open to suggestions for first names! I haven't found any boy names I LOVE yet
    Donovan is so beautiful! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Rae1 I love Ophelia! My immediate association is Shakespeare, so I picture a very worldly, well educated and classy woman! Although I hope the gruesomeness of Hamlet doesn't ruin it for you. 
  • @Rae1 I also love the name Ophelia!! Lia is a cute nick name, but I also love Ophelia as is. 

I've been overly concerned about nick names for a potential name I pick as well, but as most people have said, you can make fun of any name. My cousin's name is Nicholas which I thought no one would make fun of because of how common it is. Apparently he's been called dickless Nicholas,  nick the prick,  nick the dick, etc. 

I don't think kids would be clever enough to think of oh, ill feel ya. Regardless, I think it's a pretty name!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have absolutely no idea what to name my son. Like zero ideas. My husband likes the name Joel, but I'm not a fan, and when he says it, it sounds like he's saying "jewel", which is an even bigger turnoff for me. 
    I don't care if it's common or not, but most nice, common, albeit older names that I like are the names of people we know personally. Jonathan, Caleb, Michael, Noah, Tyler, Logan, etc. I love biblical names like Micah and Ezra but I can't get my H to be on board. I like vintage names but not too crazy, and nothing with weird spelling. I guess I'm just really picky with boy names :confounded:
  • We've had a boy name since day 1 and eventually came around to a girl name but I just can't get 100% behind it now, I'm not sure why.  It's still on my list. (Officially team pink now)  Rachel Ann has made an appearance and is in the top running.  Rachel is my Grandma (Dad's Mom) and Ann is my Nan (Mom's mom)  It meshes well with our last name too and DH is on board.  I think it's always best to have more than 1 picked out in case they just don't look like the 1 name you've chosen, if that makes sense.  However I feel like Rachel Ann might reign supreme in the end.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • DH and his siblings all have top 10 popular names, so having something a bit more unique is super important to him (and I tend to agree). We also don't want completely "yoonique" names so like a lot of people, we're finding girl names to be much easier (Team Green). He's also really against any name that would constantly get spelled/pronounced incorrectly which I find a bit ironic given some of the names he still likes for our short list. 

We have a list of a dozen of each sex picked out, and for girls we both love Ruby, Rayna and Miranda, though I also really like Liara and Emelia, while he's in love with Coraline, which I think is fine for a middle name, but not a first name. 

For boys he adores Max, but otherwise we're all over the place. I'll be honest, I really don't love any of the boys names, but our short list includes Zachary, Ian, Shane, Xander, Asher, and Troy. 
  • DH and his siblings all have top 10 popular names, so having something a bit more unique is super important to him (and I tend to agree). We also don't want completely "yoonique" names so like a lot of people, we're finding girl names to be much easier (Team Green). He's also really against any name that would constantly get spelled/pronounced incorrectly which I find a bit ironic given some of the names he still likes for our short list. 

We have a list of a dozen of each sex picked out, and for girls we both love Ruby, Rayna and Miranda, though I also really like Liara and Emelia, while he's in love with Coraline, which I think is fine for a middle name, but not a first name. 

For boys he adores Max, but otherwise we're all over the place. I'll be honest, I really don't love any of the boys names, but our short list includes Zachary, Ian, Shane, Xander, Asher, and Troy. 
    I like all your candidate names but what I really love is your screen name!! Please tell me this is a BSG reference :smile:
  • @mj8215 indeed it is! My tiny avatar is fan art of Six as well, that I found online and liked. DH and I are slightly obsessed, our cats are named Pegasus and Galactica :tongue:

I think people will be surprised to find our baby names are not BSG inspired, my friends already refer to baby as "the little Gaius" sometimes :lol: 
  • @CapricaAndrea I love Ruby for a girl!! That was on our list too. Of the boy names you mentioned, I think I like Ian the best!
  • I love Ruby too! Not with our last name but love the name!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • kat0607 said:
    I have absolutely no idea what to name my son. Like zero ideas. My husband likes the name Joel, but I'm not a fan, and when he says it, it sounds like he's saying "jewel", which is an even bigger turnoff for me. 
    I don't care if it's common or not, but most nice, common, albeit older names that I like are the names of people we know personally. Jonathan, Caleb, Michael, Noah, Tyler, Logan, etc. I love biblical names like Micah and Ezra but I can't get my H to be on board. I like vintage names but not too crazy, and nothing with weird spelling. I guess I'm just really picky with boy names :confounded:
    @kat0607 I'll chime in here because DS is Joel! My husband loved the name and I immediately vetoed it. It grew on me as my pregnancy went on and eventually, just after he was born, it just fit him. I love that it is an old biblical name and not very common. I get a lot of great remarks on it and haven't regretted it once! We call him JoJo most of the time  ;)
  • I need girl names!!!! I don't know why but boy names are easy for us. Girl names, there are just so many. I worry about popularity and trendy...I like timeless but so many of my close family/friends have a lot of the timeless used already. 

I love Ava. Yes, I know, it's been a top 10 or even top 5 name for over ten years. But I have never met anyone with the name that is under the age 12!! So, knowing this and my love for the name, I really want to use it but I'm really hesitating for some reason. 

I love Lucy, haha, get it?! No, really it's classic and beautiful. I like Sophie or Sophia but can't use it. I know soooo many Sophia's from newborn to 17 years old. About 20(I use to work with kids)! 

So based on Ava, Lucy and Sophie/Sophia, does anyone have any suggestions for us???? Our last name starts with a D, so I would like to avoid this initial. I also like 'short and sweet' names but it's not a must. 
  • @lovelee85 I am also a big fan of short and sweet names.  I like names that aren't easy to nn.  A few that got cut from my list were
    Kate
    Liza
    Ellis
    Lena
    Wren
    Jane
    Veda
    Lilah 
    Willa
    Lucy and Ava are both beautiful.  I like Eva and feel like you hear it less than ava but there are so many Evie's out there right now!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @MrsN092714 thank you! I also enjoy Eva but know dozens of longer names that people have shortened to 'Evie' 'Elle' names over the last few years, so that worried me a little. I enjoy Willa and Kate from your suggestions. 
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited February 2017
    @LoveLee85

Ariel
    Eliza
    Brynn or Blythe
    Clara or Cora
    Julia
    Sonia
    Nora
    Hazel
    Maeve
    Meg
    Lola
    June
    Emma
    Anne or Anna

ETA: Liz or Lizzie
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I like the name, IVY. 
  • We're going with Mia because I love the timelessness of it and lack of a nn. But we also liked 
    Maci
    Raegan
    Claire
    Cora
    Harper 

• @kat0607  We're the same way with biblical names! Our first is Judah Paul and our second little man will be Malachi Jack. Having biblical first names was really important to us. I love both of our boys names because they aren't common but not off the wall either. And I love what they stand for! 
  • AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited February 2017
    We are in trouble with having to think of another boy name. We like names that sound academic, old fashioned, uncommon, but not unfamiliar. The first time, my H made a list of about 10 names and there was only 1 that I liked. Help me come up with other names that have the same "feel" as the names on his list. These are the ones I can remember...

Julian
    Emerson
    Edison
    Ezra
    Alexander
    Grayson
    I wish I could think of the rest of the names he picked. 

I think these are all good names, but just not perfect for various reasons. Except Edison. I really don't like that one. LOL hope that doesn't offend anyone
  • @AdaByron Julian is clearly the best ;) I also love Alexander but its my BIL name.
    Jonah is my back up for Julian, so that's my suggestion!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Julian was our top boy name but it seems like it's getting really popular. It's a family name on DH's side, though. We are now leaning toward Isaac.  We have three boy names picked out (Ari is the third), and love all three.

Girl names, we just like them (Vivian and Alexandra). Actually, I love Vivian but it doesn't have a family connection, which makes me really sad. DH, DS and I all have very meaningful family names. We don't really have any usable female family names though. Well, Hazel - I just don't like the name, but wish I did. She was an awesome character in DH's family, though (flapper and world traveler). 
  • AdaByron said:
    We are in trouble with having to think of another boy name. We like names that sound academic, old fashioned, uncommon, but not unfamiliar. The first time, my H made a list of about 10 names and there was only 1 that I liked. Help me come up with other names that have the same "feel" as the names on his list. These are the ones I can remember...

Julian
    Emerson
    Edison
    Ezra
    Alexander
    Grayson
    I wish I could think of the rest of the names he picked. 

I think these are all good names, but just not perfect for various reasons. Except Edison. I really don't like that one. LOL hope that doesn't offend anyone
    Julian is a big favorite of mine! I picture a smart, masculine man who is as handsome as he is thoughful. HAHAHAH Realy, I love that name. It's everything! 
  • @AdaByron There are some names more popular here in the U.K. that might meet your criteria:

Alfred (nn Alfie)
    Albert (nn Albie)
    Samuel
    Maxwell
    Oliver
    Harrison
    George
    Oscar
    Archer/Archie
    Sebastian
    Callum

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited February 2017
    Xath said:
    @AdaByron There are some names more popular here in the U.K. that might meet your criteria:

Alfred (nn Alfie)
    Albert (nn Albie)
    Samuel
    Maxwell
    Oliver
    Harrison
    George
    Oscar
    Archer/Archie
    Sebastian
    Callum

Oh, thanks! Sebastian was actually one of the names on H's list the first time! I really like Oliver, but my cousin has a son with that name. And I really tend to like names that end in "son" but DS's name does also, and I think that makes for an awkward sibling set. Almost like rhyming. I feel like I can find something wrong with every name, and I don't know if I'm being too critical or not. I want to just tell DH he can pick whatever name he wants. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Maybe Vivian Hazel?  It has a nice ring to it.
    Yes, thanks! I like that a lot. DH thinks it's "too big of a name" but Vivian Rachael is ok. I find that odd...
    Yes, thanks! I like that a lot. DH thinks it's "too big of a name" but Vivian Rachael is ok. I find that odd...
    I'm side-eyeing your hubby, lol.  I think both are lovely.
  • glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited February 2017
    @AdaByron I got out my boy name list!

Julian / Jude
    Oliver (my great-grandfather, but too popular, IMO. Sad face)
    Carson
    Jacob
    Elijah
    Colton
    Elliot
    Callen
    Sawyer
    Sebastian
    Gabriel
    Judah
    Jonah
    Keaton
    Cassian
    Talon
    Perry
    Matthew
    Anderson
    Anson
    Benjamin
    Caleb
    Camden
    Carter
    Christian
    Easton
    Elias
    Ellis
    Garrett
    Gavin
    Griffin
    Gleason
    Jeremiah
    Wesley
    Josiah
    Kingston
    Kyler
    Levi
    Lucian
    Noah
    Pregnancy Ticker