July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms - Week of 2/13

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 2/13

• That's awful @MrsLa3!  So sorry you're going through that.  Sending good vibes and thoughts your way and hoping this is a blessing in disguise.   <3

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsLa3 I'm so sorry. That's a horrible position to be in while pregnant. I hope you guys are doing okay today!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsLa3 that's all super stressful. Keep your chin up, it will get figured out. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @MrsLa3 sending positive vibes your way, hopefully something turns up quick!
  • MrsLa3 said:
    @mrscate88 thank you!
    Of course, will do any little thing we can to help make these pregnancies go smoother! 
  • @mrsla3 I hope something good comes up for you soon! I know how stressful it was when my husband lost his job a few months ago, making it just my salary to cover for us and somehow all the new baby expenses. I can only imagine how stressed you must feel! I'll be praying that you all are able to work something out.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @MrsLa3 I'm so sorry about your job. I was the sole provider in our house until I got pregnant, and we had to switch over to my husband being the sole provider (I was stupid sick and couldn't really do my old job). Then he was getting pushed out of his position because the computer fucked up, then he only got a temporary job and it took almost a month to get another one. Thankfully that job has been going great, but we're still trying to stabilize and start saving after so much uncertainty and lack of income. I really hope you can find something soon, and wish you the best of luck in that search. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • hey @MrsLa3 I'm so sorry about your job!! I, too, am a big fan of / believer in "all will turn out for the best", but right now that's just awful... I hope you continue to stay positive and find something quickly! 
  • Sorry about your job, @MrsLa3.

I would love it if my kid would not kick me in the cervix and give me lightning crotch. Because that's been (not) fun today. 

You know a report is bad when both of your clients (myself and my counterpart at the base) rip it to shreds.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • DH and I are going to a funeral today to pay respects to his godmother's father.  MIL texts me this morning to tell me that I need to ask my mother if it's okay for me to attend a funeral while pregnant.

I don't know why, but that just made me start crying.  I just feel like I've lost autonomy over my person and that I've ceded my identity as an individual.  Everyone has something to say about what I should or should not do or that I need permission before I can do things.  I just keep thinking about that article about that lawmaker who said that once women are pregnant, they are just hosts.  That's what I felt like at that moment. 
  • @Twinkiedoll I'm not sure if it's the same thing but because of my husbands Navajo culture, I am not allowed to go to funerals when pregnant. There is a teaching that says pregnant women should not go to funerals or cemeteries because there are bad spirits that could affect the baby. I obviously don't follow that rule because I go visit my mom every week or so at the cemetery but my IL's definitely do not like it so I kind of get how you feel!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• edited February 2017
    DH and I are going to a funeral today to pay respects to his godmother's father.  MIL texts me this morning to tell me that I need to ask my mother if it's okay for me to attend a funeral while pregnant.

I don't know why, but that just made me start crying.  I just feel like I've lost autonomy over my person and that I've ceded my identity as an individual.  Everyone has something to say about what I should or should not do or that I need permission before I can do things.  I just keep thinking about that article about that lawmaker who said that once women are pregnant, they are just hosts.  That's what I felt like at that moment. 
    Why would she think being pregnant has anything to do with a funeral? And why would she say to ask you mom if it's ok?? Pretty sure you're an adult and can make your own decisions. Sorry you are upset about it, but I would probably just take it with a grain of salt. People are stupid. 

ETA @cssme13 I didn't even think of that!  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cssme13 I'm sure there is a Chinese superstition about it, which is why MIL told me to check with my mom.  But I think being there for DH and his godparents today trumps a superstition that I would not otherwise be aware of until today. 

And honestly, I just think it just triggered general feelings of feeling like I am losing autonomy and identity.  Between strangers wanted to touch your stomach, the guilt trip from MIL about the baby shower, and reading what politicians say about pregnant women, I think the funeral thing was just the triggering event of a meltdown waiting to happen.... 
  • edited February 2017
    @twinkiedoll I would say if you personally don't believe/practice whatever culture/religion the superstition exists in, I wouldn't worry about it. In the end, it's your body, your baby, and your decision. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @TwinkiedollI definitely get it. My IL's tried to tell me I couldn't attend the funeral of my husbands grandfather because I was pregnant when he passed but never actually told me why. It was annoying.

I get where you are coming from, just because we are pregnant doesn't mean we suddenly cease to exist, we are still people too! This should be a happy time not a time where people feel the need to micromanage our lives and criticize everything we do. I hope things start to get better for you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• My mom told me people tried to tell her she couldn't go to my dad's grandmother's funeral when she was pregnant with me. Apparently there's a superstition about pregnant ladies and dead people. Needless to say, my mom went and I'm (for the most part...lol) perfectly fine and healthy. 

I totally get your feelings @Twinkiedoll. I've been feeling like an incubator ever since my first pregnancy. Especially with my in laws. I feel like I'm just a catalyst to grandkids. It's super frustrating and hurtful. I'm so sorry you're feeling that way! 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @Twinkiedoll I'm sorry you have to hear such things from close ones. I know how you feel. If you don't believe this then don't stress yourself over it. However I fully understand why it's annoying when people say things when your in such a delicate/ important time of your life, there's plenty of restrictions already and we already try to keep ourselves so safe from everything that even limiting something like that is upsetting and nerve wrecking. 

The other day I was enjoying this eggplant dish at a get together and someone goes to me "btw that person had a miscarriage the next day because of eggplant, so be careful!" I had eaten eggplant before without issue but just hearing that made me cry a little on my way back home! 
  • @Mrsla3 pics or it didn't happen. ;P
  • @CarsonsMommy so glad you feel more comfortable about your repeat section. My repeat section with my twins was very similar (no clear sheet for me) and a completely different experience then my emergency section with DS. 

@MrsLa3 I love my baby trend infant seat!!!!
  • I feel bad I haven't been on much this week but I'm starting a 4-day weekend now! I have to go to the dentist and run a million errands today but I'll be checking in. 
  • @Twinkiedoll There's a long standing superstition that if a pregnant woman goes to a funeral the deceased will steal the unborn baby's soul. Maybe that's what she is thinking of. I do understand how annoying it is when people tell you what to do. This however is probably something that has been drilled into her for many years and probably didn't mean any harm by it. 
  • @Twinkiedoll  People have lots of superstitions, and whatnot, so I understand that she might worry about one of those.  I personally do not believe them, but I did refrain from going to the funeral of a family who lost their son while I was pregnant (it was a former student)...that was my own personal decision to not be insensitive to their loss.  Regardless, what I don't understand is why you would need to ask your mom.  Are you not a grown woman?  Why would this be something you need your mother's permission to do?
  • @Twinkiedoll  I totally get your frustration. My mom wouldn't let me walk back half a block to our house from the bank. Cause clearly something horrible was going to happen. It annoyed me too. I know she was just worried and trying to help, but it was way over kill. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • AW:  So excited!! After a bunch of seizures last year, DH was not allowed to drive for a year!!  Well, the year is up, and we went to buy him a new car today!  He's so happy, and so am I!
    CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad he's in the clear now :) My husband had a few seizures several years ago and couldn't drive for 6 months. We were so glad when that time was up! 
  • AW:  So excited!! After a bunch of seizures last year, DH was not allowed to drive for a year!!  Well, the year is up, and we went to buy him a new car today!  He's so happy, and so am I!
    HUGE weight lifted, very excited for you.
    Aww I can only imagine. congratsss!! 
  • @alcrimmins @chiquita928 Yeah, I'm sure there is a Chinese superstition about it.  But the fact that MIL ordered me to ask my mom for permission really irked me.  I'm an adult.  It's one thing if I'm superstitious about it.  I'm clearly not.  Why do I need permission to see if someone else's superstition prevents me from doing something?
  • @mrscate88 I'm so glad, although it stinks that they refused at first because the other driver was at fault. Insurance policies can be such a headache.
  • @mrscate88 I'm so glad, although it stinks that they refused at first because the other driver was at fault. Insurance policies can be such a headache.
    thank you! Yeah insurance is so necessary but so stressful. After months of fighting, we finally got it all sorted out. And for what it's worth to anyone here, Aflac is a lifesaver as well! 
  • @alcrimmins @chiquita928 Yeah, I'm sure there is a Chinese superstition about it.  But the fact that MIL ordered me to ask my mom for permission really irked me.  I'm an adult.  It's one thing if I'm superstitious about it.  I'm clearly not.  Why do I need permission to see if someone else's superstition prevents me from doing something?
    That's what I'm saying...totally ridiculous!  I would have been super upset, too.

Also, thank you guys!  BIG relief!