Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In - Week of 2/13

oxinfreeoxinfree member
edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF
Welcome to those who are new to this board!! 
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point, so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?
2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
3. When is your next appointment? 
4. Anything else you'd like to share?

QOTW: Do you have any family names (or naming traditions) you plan to use or incorporate? If so are you using as a first name, middle name or doing so in a new/creative way? 

Note: When you graduate up to the 2nd Trimester (woo hoo!!), write a quick post letting us know you are leaving. I want to keep the list updated, but don't want to delete names prematurely! smile              

(I just took over this board so if you are missing from the below list let me know!)          

Mommies to be:  
@carafeick  EDD 8/15/17
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 TWINS!!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 
@tiffanyw1783 EDD 8/30/17 TWINS!!
@tiffavis12 EDD 8/30/17
@Isthisthereallife EDD 8/30/17
@oxinfree EDD 9/3/2017
@harleyquinn0621  EDD 9/6/17
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17
@hopetobeashraderfamily  EDD 9/12/17
@Kp214 EDD 9/27/17
emgem819 EDD 10/5/17 TWINS!!
@SanBL EDD 10/11/2017 TWINS!!
@lady_grey EDD 10/13/17
mandmplus1  EDD 10/25/17
---
Started TTC April 2011
Me: 32, DH: 32
Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
  • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
  • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
  • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
  • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
  • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
  • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
  • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
  • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
  • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
  • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
  • TW below
  • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
  • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
  • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

Re: 1st Trimester Check In - Week of 2/13

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? I'm 11w1d, due Sept 3
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? nausea had gone away but seems to have come back for the last few days, been having some pretty saucy dreams (if you catch my drift), and my sense of smell is definitely on the up and up. 
    3. When is your next appointment? Feb 21 for our 12 week U/S and NIPT bloodwork (can't wait to find out gender!)
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I finally found the heartbeat on our at home fetal doppler and that has eased my mind so very much. Such a good investment! 

QOTW: Do you have any family names (or naming traditions) you plan to use or incorporate? If so are you using as a first name, middle name or doing so in a new/creative way? 
    We plan to use my mother's name as a female middle name (although we're tossing around the idea of using as our first potentially even since my mom goes by her second name). And if it's a boy the middle name will be named after both my father and Eric's grandfather, though again we are also considering it for a first name. 

Excited to hear how everyone is doing! :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree Thanks for posting, i've been stalking the board for this thread! LOL! And congrats on finding baby's hb. I have yet to find mine but I haven't lost hope yet.

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 9w+6, Sept 12
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Always tired. I'm finding it hard to get comfy in bed. My stomach just feels bloated and lying on it makes me feel yucky. But side-sleeping makes my knees hurt. I may need to buy one of those giganto-pillows soon.
    3. When is your next appointment? Thursday for the blood draw for the non-invasive genetic testing. OB next week and NT ultrasound the first week of March. So much stress to get to these appointments but praying for good results.
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? My best friends and I had brunch on Sunday and she bought me and DH books to prepare for baby. She bought the baby it's first Golden Book. I couldn't ask for more supportive and wonderful friends. And it's the first baby item in our house ever!

QOTW: Do you have any family names (or naming traditions) you plan to use or incorporate? If so are you using as a first name, middle name or doing so in a new/creative way? If we have a boy, the middle name has to be Eugene. (I know!) It's the middle name for the first born son on DH's side. So I have to make sure the first name is SUPER cool. LOL. If we have girl, her middle name will be Ann. Ann is in every woman's name in my family. 
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? I am 10w3d, with a due date of Sept 8, 2017.
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? acne issues and sore boobs- but my fatigue seems to be better than it was! I was queasy a few times over the weekend but today so far, so good. I read that around 10 weeks your HCG drops or levels out, so perhaps symptoms are supposed to lessen?
    3. When is your next appointment? Feb 24 is our 12 week scan and non-invasive testing for chromosomes and gender! 
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? My next appt is 11 days away. It seems like 11 years away! Seriously how do yall get through all the waiting? Waiting will only get harder in the future- I don't know how to make myself believe the baby is still in there. Ohhh, post-infertility anxiety. 

We don't have naming traditions exactly but we have discussed what we want our boy's name to be- if its a boy- which will be a name from my husband's family, then a family name from my family for middle name. Girls names we aren't sure- but, I want the middle name to be Elizabeth- that was my grandmother's name, whom I was quite close to, and she passed last year. Her birthday is September 8, just like our due date, so I feel like its a sign <3
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?
    11w5d aug 30th
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Slightly tired but other than that feeling pretty good
    3. When is your next appointment?  Feb 20th 1 week to go til first appointment with OB after graduating from fertility drs
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I just got over the stomach bug NOT FUN especially while pregnant luckily symptoms lasted about 12 hours and was able to keep fluids down today.

QOTW: Do you have any family names (or naming traditions) you plan to use or incorporate? If so are you using as a first name, middle name or doing so in a new/creative way?  Marie is a family middle name which we will use if we have a girl. 
  • 1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 8w+5d; 9/27/17
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Morning sickness. I think morning sickness is a form of torture. My re has called in a higher dose of zofran. Hoping it helps. 
    3. When is your next appointment? Thursday!  Our last appt with the re. I know she will be glad to be rid of us. I ask a lot of questions. 

We aren't planning on using any family names. Our last name starts with a P, so no names that start with a P or a T. 
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• I'm with you @Kp214 - I personally am not a fan of alliterative names, so wouldn't use G names since our last name starts with that. Luckily none of my fav names start G.  I'm so sorry to hear you are having such bad morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!!!!! 

@tiffavis12 - ugh, the stomach bug is the worst. I'm glad you're bouncing back. 

@omarismyhomeboy - ya I had a bit of morning sickness over the weekend too, but less so, and for sure starting to feel more energetic than I was previously. I think you're right that it has to do with hcg, but I've read it's as the placenta takes over for the body or something, so it's filtered through the placenta instead of us!? I don't think I'm saying that right. At any rate, grateful to be feeling more perky... I left the house today! :) that was an accomplishment haha. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree could you add me please?

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD?
    I'm 5w6d with TWINS! Due Oct 11.
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?
    I'm really exhausted and MS started over the weekend. First vomiting this morning! Yay! I feel it's gonna be a long 2 months lol
    3. When is your next appointment? 
    This Friday, 02/17, hoping to see the heartbeats!
    Saturday I switch from PIO to endometrium vaginal insert and Sunday I had brown spotting all day. I know that brown is ok and that's probably irritation from the vaginal insert, but it still made me freak out! I was happy when it stopped!

No, we don't have any special tradition.
  • edited February 2017
    @SanBL I have had brown spotting periodically- I HATE seeing it, but every time I call my RE or, now, OB, they tell me it's nothing to worry about- and baby looks great. Brown is old and you will be fine :)
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• @oxinfree - I think you might have grabbed the list of names from the First Tri post the week before last - The list in the Feb 6th thread has everyone that should be there/should be taken off other than taking myself off that list! :)
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Thanks @omarismyhomeboy! It's just so scary to see blood!! 

• @SanBL  I know. It is an awful feeling and I hate it! But all signs are it is NO problem! xx
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Happy Valentine's Day ladies!! 

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 12 weeks and 5 days. EDD is 8/24
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Major headaches
    3. When is your next appointment? 2/21
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? We have officially shared our pregnancy with everyone! It feels so much better now that it's out there :)

If it's a boy his middle name will be after my dad and grandpa, if it's a girl her middle name will be after my grandma

@SanBL I had spotting on and off for about 2 weeks. It has stopped for a few weeks now and everything is still going well! It is scary but as long as it's brown and not soaking a pad in under an hour you should be fine. 

• Hello I'm new here! *wave*
    1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 4 weeks (tomorrow). EDD is 10/25
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? I'm exhausted and nauseous.
    3. When is your next appointment? 2/15
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I just got my BFP today after IUI on 2/1. I'm nervous because of previous losses but this worked once before so I'm hopeful it works again.

• Siggy Warning: Loss, Living Child, Pregnancy mentioned
    • TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #1, D/C December 2012
    • IUI #2, Natural MC March 2013
    • IUI #3 BFN
    • IUI #4 BFP Due April 2014
    • Rainbow Baby DS1 born April 2014 via emergency C-Section
    • IUI #5 February 1, 2017.....BFP due 10/25/17 with TWINS! --9w5d vanishing twin. 
    • Diagnosis: PCOS, Factor V Leiden Syndrome

• Welcome @mandmplus1 !! Congrats on your success. <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Thanks for the reassurance @Stars2016!

Welcome @mandmplus1! Wishing you a strong beta today! Keep us posted! :)

• @SanBL Thank you! Beta was 106 today. Going back Friday to check again...

@oxinfree Thank you! I'm happy to be here!

• TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #3 BFN
    • IUI #5 February 1, 2017.....BFP due 10/25/17 with TWINS! --9w5d vanishing twin. 

• Yay congrats @mandmplus1!
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Awesome @mandmplus1! Congrats! :)
  • @mandmplus1 that's awesome!  Congratulations!

afm, I graduated from my re. I've been really nervous about today's u/s, but everything looked great.  
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• @Kp214 fantastic! Early pregnancy is riddled with nerves. Glad to hear all went well. <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• emgem819emgem819 member
    edited February 2017
    Just had first ultrasound today and so cautiously joining this board! Excited to be with you all! :)

1. How far along are you? 7 weeks
    What is your EDD? 10/5/17
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Tired, morning sickness has been pretty bad last week or so before I eat anything, sore boobs, etc.  Also feeling hungry all the time but very limited in what I actually want to eat. 
    3. When is your next appointment?  March 6th is my first appt. with OB at 10 weeks.  Also have a prenatal non-invasive blood chromosome test on March 13th to test for abnormalities. 
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? We're a bit in shock over learning both embryos stuck and we are having twins!  RE told us there'd be a 10% chance both would stick so I guess that 10% happened!  We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment with my DH's son so we're going to have to look for a house and make some big changes soon!

QOTW: Do you have any family names (or naming traditions) you plan to use or incorporate? If so are you using as a first name, middle name or doing so in a new/creative way?  William for middle name if a boy, this is my dad's first name. 

Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emgem819 glad you decided to take the leap and join us. Congratulations!!! I'm sure twins seems overwhelming but glad you're taking it in stride. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @Kp214  @SanBL @omarismyhomeboy  Thank you guys! I'm happy to be here. 

• TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #3 BFN

• Good luck with second beta today @mandmplus1 !!! 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• *lurking from 2nd trimester* because I want to welcome @emgem819 to PAIF! I'm so excited for you girlie!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Thanks @wifeinraleigh28 for the warm welcome! :) Certainly wasn't expecting twins but after a long struggle with infertility I am thankful for 2 little ones and hope things continue to go well.  So excited to be on the PAIF boards now.
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats @Kp214 on graduating from your RE! That's a big step!

Congrats @emgem819! I'm feeling exactly like you, that's tough! My RE told me: well that's what you asked for! Well I guess lol. Can't wait to sleep all weekend! Lol

I had my second US today. Both babies are mesuring right on tract and heartbeats were 112 and 122! From what I read it's pretty good for 6w2d! :)
  • That's great measurements for 6w2d @SanBL...awesome news!  A friend of mine I told had the same reaction: "Well that's what happens when you put in 2!" Well...not always!  I know what you mean about sleep:)  Love it!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies!
    I almost missed this weekly check in.  I'm getting in right under the wire.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  

1. How far along are you? What is your EDD? 6 wks and 2 days.  10/13/17. 
    2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? Nausea started this week!  I've been keeping saltines on my night table and need to sip ginger ale to keep it at bay.  Also trying ginger snaps (my MIL recommended them!  Made with real ginger).  Also, headaches - bad ones - with lightning bolts in my vision.  Craving peanut butter, pickles, salty foods.  
    3. When is your next appointment?  Tomorrow!  My first ultrasound.  
    4. Anything else you'd like to share? I'm just so grateful that this is real life!  

We will probably incorporate our parent's names in some way.