July 2017 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 2.16.17

• MrsLa3 said:
    I don't like Beyonce.
    I used to like Destiny's Child just fine when they were on the radio, but I have no idea how she became some superstar...? I think she just started saying it and sheeple followed suit?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsLa3 said:
    I don't like Beyonce.
    Mehhh I don't either. And she's not even the greatest artist out there so I don't know why some people bow down to her. She's definitely successful but I'm just not a fan. 
  • I think musical tastes are so variable. Maybe Beyonce isn't everyone's cup of tea, but clearly she's enough people's' thing to be as successful as she's been. 
  • Rae1 said:
    LuLiLaEv said:
    Push presents are stupid. 
    Your reward at the end of labor is a baby.
    Push present?! I have never heard of this, but I can figure out what it is based on your comment. 

The only push present I want is a large glass of wine. and maybe some taco bell. 
    An ice cold IPA and some spicy tuna!
    Salmon, tuna, and yellowtail sashimi!  I've already told DH to have this on deck. LOL.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supermom83 totally agree, I don't see the point of wasting so much paper when everyone communicates each other via so many other ways that don't include paper!! There are plenty of other ways to say thankyou

However, I don't mind paper invites on rare occasions such as weddings...but I think that will change soon too. 

I think the beyonce and forever counting your babies years in months has been mentioned before and agree with both. Beyoncé is gorgeous but that's where it ends for me. 
  • AdaByron said:
    Along the same lines, 
    I <3 Taylor Swift. 
    I'm embarrassed to admit it most of the time
    No shame. I love Taylor, I wasn't fond of her Red album. I think bc she was in the middle of crossing over, but I loved everything she had country and 1989 to now.
  • Sheesh, apparently my UO is that I love holidays, special occasions, little gifts for big moments, etc. etc. etc. I'm pretty sure my DH is planning on getting me a push gift, and I think it's super sweet. It's a small momento to remember the day. We don't go super crazy with anything, but these things are fun for me and us, and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of you. I get that a lot of it is all "commercialized" now, but there is totally a way to celebrate and make life special without getting caught up in the commercialization. What in the world is so wrong with small gifts/celebrating special days/just taking some time to do something nice for someone??? The fact that it's on a specific day just makes it easier to remember and nice to be remembered. 

@supermom83 I HATE thank you notes. Hate them with a firey burning passion. It is 100% fake, means nothing, and wastes paper, postage, and a ton of time. I will always thank somebody in person for gifts, be super appreciative, even re-mention things I've gotten that are super useful. I often wear the things people bought me when I see them so they know I wear it and appreciate it. But those stupid pieces of paper. And it is totally considered rude to not send them, but I couldn't care less if I get one or not. I bought you the gift because I care about you and wanted to. I don't even need you to appreciate it. Oh, and in my family, you send a thank you gift to people even if they just showed up. "Hey thanks for coming to the party that I invited you too!!" No, I wasn't expecting a gift, but do I really need to send a note just for them showing their pretty faces?? I talked to them while they were there, I said thanks for coming, I let them know I appreciated it.... how much more do you need? It's not that I'm not grateful, it just seems like it's overkill. My grandmother sends a "thank you" card for spending Christmas with her. Or having her over for dinner. Seriously? You told me in person. Everyone gets all in a bunch over gifts and parties now, especially for weddings and baby showers. You don't like it, you don't like me, you don't want to bring a gift, fine. You do, then do it and stop expecting all this extra nonsense and special appreciation just for being a decent person and doing a nice thing. Why does it have to be such a big deal to spend a couple hours, get some free food, and bring a nice gift?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  •  @mrsla4 I dont either, she sings like she is constipated with her flat rifts.  I have no idea what her " performance " was on the grammys - a self serving last supper? No thanks, over her, never really like her, a couple songs are ok, but not her. 
  • @AdaByron I like Taylor Swift too!  Not embarrassed though... Wonder if I should be?

My UO:  I can't stand when people use months for their child's age after 2.  That's just ridiculous to me when I see someone post on Facebook about their 32 month old. 
    Mine is anything after 1.5.  I see people saying, "My kid is 26 months."  
    2!!! YOUR KID IS 2!!! lol 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • My UO: I think it's crazy to actually celebrate every single month your baby reaches. One of my friends does this for her daughter; gets a cake that says Happy Birthday, balloons and has a get together.... Her daughter is 4 months old. 
    I would get it if it was like the 1st, 6th and then year. But every month....
  • stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    @supermom83 I hate writing them but don't hate them in general.  We had a housewarming party and people brought money, gift cards, gifts etc. which we were not expecting at all so thank you's were really important for me personally to send out.  And once we bought what we wanted (some large decor pieces for the house) I posted a pic on Facebook for them all to see.

I only like receiving them so that I know the person actually got my gift.  It won't irk me if I don't get one but for me it's a "sigh of relief" moment when I do receive it like my money/gift didn't get lost somewhere haha! 

But an bothersome moment ... my SMIL asked me if I send so-and-so a thank you card after the wedding.  I told her I did only to be browsing through my wedding box like a year later to see that a handful of cards were still in there written, but not sent.  Oops!  My bad.  It put me off that it was such a big deal.  So I understand both sides of the fence.    

@BusyZee I work in events and am super creative so I did my wedding invites myself.  Pocketfolds and everything and I had a TON of fun doing them.  I received lots of compliments.  Could care less if people throw them out (haha!) but I'm also a big scrapbook'er so I like to keep the invites of weddings I've attended. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I feel stupid when someone asks how old DS is saying 20 months. I say 1, 1 1/2, almost 2 etc. past two is ridiculous and I hate math so for all of us just stop at 24 months if you must go that long. I have a FB friend that posts the monthly photos with the "_ month" stickers and went all the way to 24 months...cringe... 

My UO I hate bacon. Like a lot. 
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited February 2017
    Yikes, I guess my UO is that I love cards (including thank you cards). I'm a nostalgic person, I keep all greeting cards that are sent to me. I love being able to read personal messages, or even just see the handwriting, of friends and loved ones... especially after they're gone. Having cards from my grandparents that I look at now is very meaningful. And I don't find thank you cards to be fake or wasteful either... I enjoy keeping the tradition of etiquette alive.
    *I also love paper invitations and real (printed out) photographs! Call me old-school  ;)
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I also hate bacon! Although, I'm really not a huge meat eater, so that could have something to do with it. It's almost become a "cool thing." There's bacon soup, candles, etc., and it seems a bit over the top. It doesn't smell good enough to require a candle. 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @stokesm21 oooh I want to see!!! I totally look forward to wedding invites. I love any form of creativity so that's super cool that your creative. Id like to think I'm creative too teehee.
    I remember wedding invites used to be so fancy in my family and I had mine all planned out until someone we really respect made a point it was a waste. We kind of had to obey lol 

@LM1007 woah, your friend loves cake she's just making excuses to celebrate. 
  • I hate it when women say they are prego. No, you are not a spaghetti sauce, and it's not cute. At all. Preggers is a bit better, but how hard is it to say "I. Am. Pregnant." 

Trump sounds like a self centered douchebag. My one year old eats a piece of toast and claps about it. When Trump does it, not nearly as cute.

The electoral college needs to be abolished, what is wrong with just going by popular vote? It was created to benefit slave owners, if my understanding is correct. Why was slavery ever even seen as okay? What was okay about forcing another person to work for free or for table scraps. Absolutely despicable.

+1 on seriously disliking "prego" and that also includes preggie, PG, pregs, and preggers.  Just not my thing at all.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @CarsonsMommy uggghhh I agree. I didn't want to get all political but I've been so so So annoyed with trump this entire week. I really wish Trudeau had yanked his arm out. He's on another level of disgusting. Iv never seen someone so despise worthy and it's getting to me. 

Edit. Ugh my fingers are quicker than my brain. 
  • @CarsonsMommy Totally agree! I cringe when I hear/see people use that!
  • Lollll @alcrimmins I was sort of confused by that too, I didn't think the pictures were any different/bigger either. 
  • I remembered my UO.

I hate when people post ultrasound pics of their baby's private parts just to prove that it's a boy or girl. You can say that just as well without posting that picture.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • BusyZee said:
    Lollll @alcrimmins I was sort of confused by that too, I didn't think the pictures were any different/bigger either. 
    They aren't. I'm super annoyed right now so it's unnecessarily aggravating me right now. Lol
  • @alcrimmins hahaha I am soo guilty of that..I guess I just always assume other people are using a computer. Idk why I assume that. Also when I first joined I saw other people saying it so I thought it was like a courtesy to mention it :joy:
  • @alcrimmins I think I said this one time because I noticed everybody says it, and then I thought... Why am I saying this?  If the pic is huge surely they know I'm not trying to take over the board with my giant photo.  I have a hard time mobile bumping and keep this up on my work comp during the day, but I've never noticed anyone's photos being obnoxiously large either way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol! I'm just super annoyed that dd won't nap today for some reason. I don't know why it struck a nerve today. It usually doesn't bother me but it seems redundant when it's the same person that always says it.