Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check In: Feb. 13

pdbirdpdbird member
edited February 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What is on your to-do list this week that you want to accomplish before your LO(s) arrive?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@NurseTMD85 EDD 2/17/17 with a little girl
@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with one bean
@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/20/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl

Big congratulations to:
@chicandbubbly, Baby Carter born 2/12/17 at 3:23 am. He weighs 6 lbs 2 oz and is 19 inches long!

Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In: Feb. 13

• This Tuesday I will be 34 weeks. This Friday I begin seeing the OB once a week and also have an NST scheduled. My cold is finally dissipating and I'm heading into the coughing phase.

QOTW: Finally settled on a paint color for the baby room and hoping to have the room painted this week or next. Then I can finally move the changing table and dresser into the room. Everyone keeps reminding me I have time, but inside I am panicking over not having a single thing ready for this kid. Oh well, I'm trying to breathe, make lists, and in the words of Elsa "Let it Go, Let it Go . . ." :)
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi there, I haven't posted on this forum since the end of my first tri, but I've spent the last week lurking and catching up on all that I've missed. I'm due 1st May with a little boy, so I am currently 29 weeks today. I'm from Australia, so we do things a little differently over here, I am seeing a midwife rather than an OB and have just come back from a check up which means no more appointments for me for another 3 weeks. 

I've been "blessed" with all the usual third tri complaints, back pain, indigestion, heartburn, reflux, broken sleep due to being uncomfy not to mention I'm starting to feel a little fatigued. Has anybody else had the response "this is what you wanted" thrown at them when they mention any of these little things? I wasn't complaining about them, I was merely answering the question "how is everything going" and then to have that thrown back at me... some people

Anyway, QOTW: I am trying to push hubby to get the nursery painted, or at least started this weekend and I'm also anxiously waiting on the people organising my shower to get organised. I don't want to be rude and push but I want to be organised for baby.  

Sorry for the long post!
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• Loading the player...
  • Also, glad to hear your cold is starting to clear up @pdbird  
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• Monday again, which means another week closer to our babies!

I am 31+2 today with my three littles. It's amazing to think that I've made it this far without too many major problems. Sure I have lots of heartburn but it's manageable. Yes, I have to use a CPAP to sleep, but it actually helps keep the heartburn away. Yup I'm wearing wrist braces every night. But I'm at home. I'm mobile. I can drive myself to the store for groceries. I can still somewhat cook. And my babies are still in the best place for them. Today marks 5 weeks until the week my OB wants to schedule my c-section. Yikes. That seems like a long time, especially being super pregnant, but we still have basically nothing ready for the babies. We have everything they need, but it's all still in boxes, so if they came today and came home today they'd have to sleep/get changed/hangout on the floor.

QOTW: I think my FIL is going to come over one day this week and help put together the cribs, so I'm going to ask my SIL if she'd like to bring her son as well to help (he is 6 and likes building furniture) with the dresser and changing table. I also have a washer full of baby items to be washed today, and I have more stuff to go through in the nursery. I really need that dresser put together so I can start putting stuff away. Grr!

@pdbird I think it's normal to start freaking around this time. Especially since LO could come at any time.

@teriulbricht welcome back! Glad to hear you've made it to the third tri! I'm sorry that when people ask how you are and you're honest they get weird.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited February 2017
    @teriulbricht - Welcome back! Glad to see you here. I'm sorry you have to deal with people who aren't supportive of your symptoms. It's not like you're complaining, you're just telling them. I know I've had to deal with a little bit of that. The responses I get are more like, "Well, you knew this was coming, it is your second kid". But, every pregnancy is different. My first kid I literally had no symptoms and didn't even think I was pregnant until I went into labor. Hahahaha. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about your shower. You still have time to get that together. Maybe it's a surprise and you would hate to spoil it if you mention it to people. Maybe drop a hint that you created a registry in case anyone was going to throw a shower for you. Just a thought . . .

@AandDM2014 - Craziness that there is 5 weeks left! I will be delivering in 5 weeks as well if the little guy stays in there for that long. Fingers crossed. I told my Mom last night about my freak out and she says, "You only need some diapers and a blanket really once the baby comes home. You have time . . ." Ugh, I'm starting to really hate that line, "You have time." Hahaha! And I realized I just said it to @teriulbricht (sorry :))

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird Sure, that may be all you need to keep them warm and dry, but what about where they're going to sleep? You kinda need a place for that! If someone told me I had time, I'd tell them that no, no I don't. Triplet pregnancies usually go to 32 weeks, which I'll be on Saturday!!!!! I don't have time! I could go to my appointment on Wednesday and have my doc tell me it's time for them to come now!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited February 2017
    @AandDM2014  - Hahaha, your situation is way different than my one bean. You definitely need the cribs. I set up the bassinet the other night by myself to curtail the anxiety, so if he did come early, I have a bed. But I haven't washed any clothes, set up the changing table (which I could really just use our bed for), or the crib. But it will come together. I will just keep hounding everyone. ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi all, 32 weeks tomorrow. Ob's expressed his desire for me to scale back commuting to work since I have 12 hr days between the bus, subway and my office. My manager is emailing HR just to make sure me becoming a telecommuter is ok and in the system. Hopefully no issues there, my back can't handle the bus much longer. 

Qotw: my shower is on the 25th so I'm not stressing about anything until after that. The dressers are in the nursery so I'll have the crib delivered and set up sometime after my shower and then I'll worry about the clothes. The bassinet, car seat and stroller are all being held at the store the cribs coming from so I'll pick a weekend and get them and have them instal the car seat base too. Just knowing it's all waiting for me is good enough for now. 

@aanddm2014 and @pdbird I can't believe you both could be delivering in 5 weeks, I'll only be a couple weeks behind you but 5 weeks sounds so close to me. 

@teriulbricht welcome back! I don't know what people expect you to say when they ask how's pregnancy going. Most ppl just expect you to smile and say great and that's the end of it. You have every right to talk about the less enjoyable aspects of pregnancy too without feeling shamed by someone. 
  • @AandDM2014 so glad that all four of you are doing well! I can't imagine what it would be like carrying around an extra two little ones everyday along. I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you at all nervous about life with triplets? 5 weeks! That gets me excited, I am soooo looking forward to meeting my little guy after all these years of trouble conceiving, so I can imagine you'd be feeling the same, but also hoping that those little ones stay put for as long as possible.

@pdbird don't worry about the "you've got time" comment. It's true, I do have time, but when I think back to the start of the journey it seems as though those weeks have flown by! I also just realised that its mostly guys that I get those type of comments from, you know the ones who have never been through a pregnancy or had a partner go through it. As for the shower, I know my mum, sister and close friend are organising it, I just don't think they've got very far. Honestly I would hate it if it were a surprise, so I really hope it's not!  

As for the nursery, I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to feel a little unorganised! I must admit beside the nursery not being painted and set up I have spent the last week washing and sorting all the clothes, wraps and sheets I've been gifted and we bought and set up our travel system and bassinet, so I feel somewhat organised, but its all sitting in my dining room making the house feel messy hehe.   

@ale9687 are you ok with scaling back the commute? I know when I saw my midwife yesterday she said that she recommends that as soon as her clients are financially ok to stop work they should and the earlier the better. Everyone is different though and some are happy to continue working almost right up to their due date. I'm only part-time but my job requires me to be on my feet for the entire shift which places a lot of strain on my back and feet, so I'm glad I'm only part-time. With your shower, did you organise it or did someone else organise it? I wanted to kick back and let others organise it but my mum mentioned the other day that "we" needed to start organising it.  
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht Thanks! It's quite interesting/heavy to be carrying two more babies than most people do! I am super nervous! We moved a few weeks ago to be closer to our families, so our furthest ones are now about 25 minutes away. We're lucky that we're going to have a lot of daily help, and very lucky that our families are all so excited about triplets. There is no way we could do this on our own, which is why we chose to move even though DH still works in our old city. 5 weeks or less scares me a bit, but we'll manage somehow! We are very excited to meet them, but want them to cook as long as possible!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Glad you are feeling better @pdbird!

Welcome back @teriulbricht ! Glad you are doing well!

@AandDM2014 so crazy that you have been blessed with such a smooth (for triplets!) pregnancy so far. I hope those little babies stay snugged in for 5 more weeks and that you can get a few more things ready before they arrive :smile:

@ale9687 my shower is on the 25th too! I am keeping my Sunday open for going SHOPPING!!! for anything I will still need following the shower (biggest thing really is the bassinett, but I would like to get most of it before she gets here)

I would love to know how you (and any others!) put on work restriction have had their bosses react to limitations. My doctor wrote me a letter limiting my work to 10hours per day, which sounds like plenty of time still, but we are short staffed and my managers and not doing anything (it feels) to help me get out on time....but conversely the human resources person said that I can't legally stay past 10 hours. My doctor wrote the letter so that I would not work too much and be stressed and now I am stressed every day trying to get out of work on time....anyone else have similar issues?

QOTW: I crossed off the last big thing on my to do list, but I still feel like there is so much I want to get done. Our crib/dresser set doesn't arrive until March and then we can build and arrange the room, I do try and remind myself that besides diapers, onesies and a place to sleep we really don't need anything else....but it's hard to let go some of the worry lol

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @teriulbricht with my job I can work from home full time, as long as my manager is ok with it which he should be since they let people in my job work from home all around the US even with offices 10 miles away. I picked the date and place for my shower and organized the guest list and tables. The rest is up to my mom and two sisters. This will be the 3rd shower at this place so we know how everything will be set up and run. 
  • @AandDM2014 its so nice that you will have all that support and you were able to move closer to family. My parents live only a couple of streets away so I'll be thankful for that when baby arrives. You'll be great! I reckon it might take a little while to settle but you'll get the hang of it in no time. 

ergh @2legbaby I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles at work. I've been with the same company on and off for a long time now and its a small company so I've gotten to know the bosses really well which means they've been super supportive of anything I need. Even my co-workers are always looking out for me and making sure I take breaks if needed. I wish I could offer some more insight. What type of work do you do? Is it easy to leave stuff until the next day or is it the type of job where you have set tasks to complete each day and that's whats making it difficult to leave on time?

@ale9687 so nice that you're able to work from home, that 12 hour day sounds awful! Thank you, maybe I'm being a bit too much of a princess with this shower hehe. I might offer to help out with a few things, I've given them a bunch of dates and will put together a guest list also. I just liked the idea of being completely free from organising it. I've just been maid of honour for my friends wedding which meant lots of organising of showers and hens nights so I'm a little over it.
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @2legbaby apparently my body does well being pregnant once it actually gets pregnant! I do feel that I've gotten it pretty easy, and the symptoms I do have are manageable.

@teriulbricht yes, it is going to be so nice halving both moms so close! How great that your parents are so close to you!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @telriulbricht I am a veterinarian at a specialty hospital so my days are very unpredictable, I can block off my schedule but we get transfer cases from ER and you have no way of knowing if that will be 1 or 7! Even with my appointments, some need procedures like endoscopy/ CT and some don't.....I have been there 11 years and did my internship in 2002 there as well so I am sad/frustrated/waking up thinking about it.Ive told them more than once if I keep feeling this way I will quit (which I don't want to do,even though I work with sick animals,  it's a great job!)

I am so glad your work is taking good care of you, that is so important when you spend most your week there! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @2legbaby i plan on shopping and exchanging the Sunday after the shower too! That's rough with work. Is there any way your doctor can give you a note to go out on disability so you can show them either reduce my hours or I'm forced to leave right now? I keep telling my boss either let me work from home more or I'm going on disability and then you'll just be screwing yourself over. I think my boss and his boss is thinking they have all the time in the world bc no one has even started talking about who's taking over my workload or how they're going to survive without me. 

@aanddm2014 I'm glad you're having such a smooth pregnancy especially with three little ones in there! 
  • @2legbaby ah right, that would definitely make it hard to ensure you leave on time. It's such a shame that they're causing you all this stress and you feel like the only way to change that is to leave. Do you plan on going back to work at any point? I'm just trying to decide that now, it would be a massive help on the budget if I did, but I'm not sure I want to. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Thanks for all the well wishes ladies! 

I'm blessed to work from home the majority of the time. My boss really doesn't know, but I don't think he really cares as long as I am getting my work done. He knows I have an hour and half commute each direction (trains, buses, and walking a mile), so I'm pretty sure he's just turning a blind eye. I do try to get up to San Francisco once a week or once every two weeks (via a carpool) as I have two co-workers in the office. They're super supportive and don't hold any animosity which is nice. I came into the office today and told them that I will come up for the next couple of weeks, but plan on working from home permanently in March as I'm terrified of going into labor early and not being close to my hospital.

I think all of you ladies are amazing on how you are handling your pregnancies, whether you are caring multiples, working on your feet for 10 hours a day, commuting, etc. I think you are rock stars! :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a fear of going into labor while at work and being so far away. NYC is really an hour from my hospital but not when you rely on public transportation. 
  • 2legbaby2legbaby member
    edited February 2017
    @ale9687 sadly the note my doctor wrote for 10 hours is reduced compared to my normal schedule! If I go on disability then I will be using my FMLA time that I won't get with baby,. When I spoke to my manager yesterday she kept saying they support me and that I have to leave at 10 hours but they aren't helping me do that! (And I was told when asking for help to stop saying "because I need to leave on time" because it's rubbing my coworkers the wrong way -arghhhhh!)

@teriulbricht I am actually the bigger earner in my family by a good amount, so while we could try and have me not work it would be a big change....plus I do want to go back eventually...just wish we had longer than 12 weeks...times I wish I still lived in Canada as I would totally stop working now and still have 10 months off...silly 12week maternity leave!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @2legbaby I'm sorry your experiencing such issues with work. The whole maternity leave and disability in the US really does suck. 
  • Hi Everyone!

Quick update -

Had my first shower last weekend in my home town!! Family and some friends. Was so great seeing everyone!! I almost cried about 5 times and then actually shed a tear whenever I read my best friend's card (lesson learned - read cards LATER lol). She has been my best friend since we were 18 months old... the fact that we are still in each other's lives just made me very emotional. So surreal!

Got some big ticket items from registry and some essentials like diapers, travel changing kit, and diaper bag! Starting to feel much more at ease. My hubby's team gave us a $500 gift card to Babies R Us too... so we are buying changing table and topper this weekend! Beyond grateful for all the people we have in our lives. This baby is so loved!

@2legbaby sorry you are feeling stressed with work lately, but if it helps, I'm insanely jealous of your job. I've always wanted to be a veterinarian - I just got kind of lost during my college years. I hope things work out for you!

*TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @babylonghorn16 Woah, go hubbys team! How amazing of them to get you such a great gift card!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Congrats on the successful shower @babylonghorn16! I can't wait to get together with all my friends/family to celebrate this little miracle next weekend!!! Being a vet is great (most days!) but it is a demanding profession mentally and physically!

Thanks ladies for the support, I am just going to try and not focus on how frustrating the lack of support is, do my job as best I can and get out after 10 hours :)
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @2legbaby only 12 weeks? It really doesn't seem long enough to settle into parent life. I'm not sure how parental leave works over there, is it government funded or does your employer pay? Over here we have 18 weeks government paid parental leave but its at minimum wage only, some employers offer their own parental leave or supplement the government scheme to meet their normal income. Maybe we should all go live in Canada hehe
    Take each day as it comes and try to keep those stress levels down (I know, I know, easier said than done  ;) )

@babylonghorn16 sounds like you had a great shower! You've got a few showers coming up? I'm also feeling the love from all the family and friends, such a nice feeling!
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Also, what's everyone's thoughts on the whooping cough vaccine, what family members are they asking to get it before spending time with baby(ies) 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Hi, ladies! Here's my quick update.

I will be 29 weeks tomorrow, and tomorrow is also my birthday! I would love to celebrate with a glass of wine, but I am too scared to risk it... 

QOTW: Not exactly baby-related, but my goal this week is to finish my dissertation. Something that definitely needs to get done before the baby arrives! I am super close to finishing and hope to send it off to my advisers tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

@teriulbricht DH and I got the vaccine as well as grandparents who will be coming to town to stay with us after the baby's arrival.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @teriulbricht government leave for having a baby in the US sucks. And only applies if you work for a company that has more than 50 employees and you've been there more than a year. And it pays pretty pathetically, not even close to minimum wage. As for vaccines, I got a booster, DH had the shot just over 6 years ago so he's good, as far as I know DHs family also got the shot a little over 6 years ago when nephew was born. Not sure about my family... I guess I should ask them if they've had it. We will want people who are going to be over a lot to have the tdap and the flu shot and when people come to visit we will ask that they only do so if they or anyone in their house hasn't been sick in the last week.

@BlueEyedDreamer happy early birthday! I hope you find a fun way to celebrate!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @teriulbricht Thanks! Yes, we have a shower this weekend in hubby's hometown, one at work the following week, and one in San Antonio (where we live) in March! So 4 total lol. Seems overkill, but I'm not going to decline parties being thrown in my honor :)

I asked immediate family members to get TDAP and flu shots. Hubby's brothers both had babies this year, so no issues there. Last weekend the boys (my dad, bro, and hubby) took a trip to Walgreens to get their shots... BOYS TRIP lol! That way if baby comes early, they are good to go.
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @blueeyeddreamer good luck finishing your dissertation.

@teriulbricht the 12 weeks is how long your employer has to hold your job. My employer pays into short term disability pay but the execs at the company believe you're only disabled 6 weeks so that's how long I'll get partial pay for. After that I can decide to use paid time off or go unpaid. I'm going unpaid for those 6 weeks so that I can save my pto for vacation, illness, dr's apt's, or when I'm just too tired to work haha. 
  • The pay in the US varies by state. I know living in California, I get the short term disability (8 weeks since I'll have a scheduled c-section, otherwise it's 6 weeks like @ale9687 explained). Then I'm taking paid parental leave for an additional 6 weeks through California's State Disability. Then I'll prob take a half month of unpaid, so in total I think I'll be out about 16 weeks (4 months).

I wish I could move to Canada (have you seen their prime minister?! ;))

We all got the whooping cough vaccine/boosters. My FIL is stating he doesn't need to get one, but he's the one that I always see coughing, so that is irritating me. Plus, he's old, he could probably use it in general.

@BlueEyedDreamer - Get her done! Good luck on the dissertation. 
    @2legbaby - I worked at a vet hospital in the ICU as a Vet Tech Assistant to see if I'd enjoy being a Vet Tech. If it wasn't for the low pay, I would totally do it. Just couldn't swing it living in California and being the primary bread winner in my family. But Kudos to you!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird Oh Prime Minister Eye Candy! Yum! That's great that you're going to get such a long paid leave!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Thanks everyone. I was always going to make the grandparents and hubby get it, but wasn't sure if I'd ask my immediate family. my brothers girlfriend hasn't been vaccinated for anything because she had a bad reaction when she was little and her parents decided not to vaccinate, so asking her to get it is most likely going to cause a drama (we've had talks before I was pregnant about how unfair she thinks it is that new parents don't like her seeing their kids). I like the idea of asking them if they've been sick or had sickness in their house not to visit. I think that's only fair. 

@BlueEyedDreamer good luck with you dissertation!! Hope you're able to finish it this week and send it off!! Also, in regards to the wine, on occasion (maybe twice) I've had a couple of sips of bubbly, I actually didn't really feel like a whole glass anyway. Do what you feel is best, and Happy Birthday!!

It sounds like I should be really grateful for the parental leave scheme over here. Although I'm lucky enough to not need to be working full time at the moment otherwise the pay cut would be an issue. When I start my leave at the end of March I'll be taking my accrued holiday pay and then after my 18 weeks I'll be taking unpaid leave probably until early next year. I work shift work and I just really don't want to have to work over the first holiday season with baby. Although that could change depending on how we're coping financially. 

Did just google the Canadian Prime Minister... very easy on the eye hahaha
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• oh and @babylonghorn16 I wouldn't decline multiple parties thrown for me either!! Sounds like you have lots of people who want to celebrate with you!
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @BlueEyedDreamer good luck with the dissertation! That seems like a big item to tick off the to do list before baby :smile:

@pdbird vet techs get paid poorly for what they do...heck- vets get paid poorly compared to their human counterparts, I did an internship and residency and specialized and that is reflected in my salary, but overall a very underpaid profession

@teriulbricht 12 weeks is way too short :( I work on commission so my time off is unpaid (I have had a short term disability plan for the last 2 years since starting to try and get pregnant so I will get a little from that)

and yes...our Canadian prime minister is a hotty :smile: I saw a few memes showing him with Kate Middleton and with Ivanka Trump and in the pictures they are eyeing him up like he is candy (despite being married women), but I don't blame them!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @teriulbricht Yeah, definitely wouldn't let the brothers girlfriend around much if she refused to vaccinate.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @teriulbricht - welcome back! I'm going to get my tdap after delivery (plan to breastfeed) and everyone around babies for the first month will have theirs. 

@pdbird - glad you're feeling better. 

@AandDM2014 - had a mini freak out this week after some intense and frequent BH contractions and suddenly there feels like no time left to get ready. 

Qotw: pack a hospital bag, which meant ordering diapers (don't have any), a gown for Neto wear at the hospital, going home clothes...I kept thinking I'd get everything after our 2 showers at 33w2&3d (one co-ed Friday night and one girls only on Saturday of the same weekend) but now that feels like waiting way too long!

also still have to arrange breast pump and pediatrician....and line up tasks for people taking over at work....and we are going from hospital to my in laws house after babies are born (one story vs 3 story home) so have to think of/pack/move the things that will make me feel comfortable there for the first month or so. 
    My last shift working is scheduled for 35 weeks exactly, but I don't know if I'll make it. 
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BlueEyedDreamer - good luck with your dissertation!
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 28+1 today with one little girl due 5/8/17, and so excited about being in the 3rd trimester!

Super brief synopsis:  Had cancer/froze embryos/FET failed, magically got pregnant 3 weeks later, much to my RE's surprise.

I had my GCT this week--on Valentine's Day, of all days!  I got the call this morning saying I passed, so yay!  My hematocrit is low, which is a bit of a bummer.  I had a routine follow up with my oncologist right after New Years and my hematocrit was 30%, so they had me start on iron.  It is still 30% now, so no change.  I'm going to double up to iron twice a day and see if that helps.

I did get some semi exciting news at my 28 week appointment on Tuesday--my doctor wants to do a growth ultrasound --basically another anatomy scan, because I'm old.  No actual concerns with anything--heartrate, fundal height, etc are all exactly where they should be, and our 20 week anatomy scan was picture perfect, but she wants another one, and who am I to refuse an hour long scan looking at my Little Miss??  I'll get the scan at my 30 week appt coming up.  Anyone else experience something like this?

As for this week's plans, we finally put together the crib and most of the glider (it was missing 2 of the bolts needed to put the ottoman together).  Still need a mattress for the crib, but it's a start.  We have been given a Pack and Play and an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper, so the nursery is a bit full right now.  We'll move most of that out of there (I think the Pack and Play will live downstairs, while our bedroom/nursery are upstairs, and the co-sleeper obviously goes in the master bedroom), but for the moment the room is pretty full!

Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Thanks @Happydays13. I know the feeling about not thinking you have enough time and I'm not having twins so I'm expected to reach full term. I think the fact I've hit 3rd tri that I've started to feel like the countdown is on. I'm getting so excited for baby's arrival. Is the move to the in laws just temporary or permanent to help out with the twins?

Welcome to the third tri board @PNW12RN glad to hear you passed the glucose test. I got two extra ultrasounds compared to normal pregnancy because of IVF, one at 28 weeks and one at 34 weeks. So good to see baby again..  
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011