Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: UO Thursday

• This is not really a UO, but a burning question from yesterday and I didn't want to resurrect yesterday's WTF thread: @FLAshley what is baking soda finger???

I guess it could be an UO depending on what it is!
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• Loading the player...
  • @LuND That food thing would drive me nuts! I actually enjoy planning a menu and making the food, so I'd be pissed if people just stepped all over it and brought whatever anyway. Just ask first! That way you could maybe actually bring something helpful. Ugh!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @LuND That food thing would drive me nuts! I actually enjoy planning a menu and making the food, so I'd be pissed if people just stepped all over it and brought whatever anyway. Just ask first! That way you could maybe actually bring something helpful. Ugh!
    EXACTLY!  I had ONE person ask what to bring, which was actually helpful. I enjoy menu planning and cooking too, so its very frustrating when people step all over it (I like the way you put that!). Of course DH just thought I was being a giant bitch about it. I mean, I would never be rude to someone if they showed up with unnecessary or redundant food, but I ALWAYS make a point to ask the host first when I'm attending other gatherings. 
  • @LuND YH just doesn't understand what goes into planning a menu for a get together  :D It may seem like we are petty bitches, but please don't bring your caramel sticky buns when I have already planned to make homemade cinnamon rolls!

@cdnrunning I am headed to Vegas next week, and I promise I will not touch the slot machine screens! (Not that I ever did, but...) 

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • @ag90 I'mma just recommend you Google that. It's insane. :)

@cdnrunning @alysapuggles I will just say that some of the good slots (like the rumble seat/surround sound ones) have Easter eggs in them when you touch the screen. For example, on the Ghostbusters one, if you tickle Slimer, he does all sorts of charming things. Laughs, farts, you know, Slimer stuff. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @Kiki75 I've always just thought the lurker and dirty lurker status was more of a "sorry to eavesdrop" pleasantry or to indicate to new members who may not recognize them that they don't regularly post on TTGP (but I see how that could also give off the "other" vibe).  I will say the siggy warning thing really confused me when I first starting lurking though because I'm almost always on the App and I had no idea what a siggy was. 
  • @kiki75 I don't see the "lurker" designation as a dig, or KU vs not, because there are some lurkers who are TTGP but just don't post. I see *lurker* as just a warning that "you probably won't recognize my screen name." I'd rather get the warning than see a screen name that hardly posts commenting on something, because I'd be like "and who are you?" and side-eye them. "Dirty lurker" is just tongue-in-cheek, because they're acknowledging they're being creepy.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @alysapuggles @Tennis11785 I'm glad I'm not the only one!  Why is so hard for some adults to follow simple directions (i.e. bring booze not food)????
  • @alysapuggles omg. Babycenter google search is amazing. Can't. Stop. 
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• @Kiki75 I don't personally have any attachment or opinion on using it vs not using it. I was just sharing the way I interpreted it... also LOL at "Nancy New Girl". 
  • @Kiki75 I agree that it definitely makes me feel separate. I wouldn't mind getting rid of it for those types of threads...
  • I see what you mean about the type of thread. I was thinking mainly of when lurkers pop in on the drive-bys to post a snarky comment, which is usually when the TTGP non-participants post. But yeah, if you're posting on a loss thread because you know the person, it's not needed. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @LuND That drives me absolutely effing BANANAS.  I'm with you!  I always take time to plan menus and I hate when people bring unauthorized food. I realllllly hate when they come late and then need me to stop greeting guests in order to show them where platters are and find room for their stuff!  And I REALLY hate when they arrive early and need to mess up my fully clean and party ready kitchen with their cooking!  Omg rant over.  
    @eggplantface thats how I always interpreted the lurker/dirty lurker warnings, but hearing others (@kiki75, @adirat, et all) opinions totally makes sense too. 
  • @Kiki75 I think that having grads put their tickers in spoilers instead of having TWs is helpful. What do you think? *TW That's what I did because I couldn't quite grasp the idea what I was gone for good, although I may not be in a situation similar to others. I kind of knew staying pregnant was always going to be a challenge for me. I also get nervous seeing grads come back because I worry something went wrong, so that trigger warning tells me they are okay. *TW*
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I'm seriously late to the party here, but I tend to use the lurker/dirty lurker when I'm on a board that i clearly do NOT belong on (i.e. my BMB each month lol)

I could totally see how it could come across both ways though. Personally, I'm gonna just follow whatever you ladies decide!  :p
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don't think we'll be able to stop it from happening, or police it without going hoarse from repeating ourselves. It will likely remain a cause of annoyance to rant about in FFFC :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18