August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 2/10

gosh I suck at starting these!!!

anyways....
How far along are you?

Tell us about your other children.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? 

Re: STM+ check in 2/10

• How far along are you?  14w 5d

Tell us about your other children.  DD is 6.5 and DS is 2.  DD is thrilled about having another baby. I think DS is just starting to understand what's going on. 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  I'm super lucky to have easy pregnancies.  This one is very similar to my first.  I had slight nausea with my second, but nothing with this one. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Nope

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having?  

It's a boy!  We did genetic testing due to AMA.  I would have put money on it being a girl, because my symptoms (or lack thereof) are so similar to my pregnancy with DD.  Guess my gut was wrong!  Lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 10 + 5

We have 2 boys, Noah & Liam, 10 and 5 respectively. Our daughter Piper is coming up on 17 months. Noah is a trouble maker & Liam is the complete opposite. Liam is our non-gender conforming kiddo, who loves hello kitty dresses, barbies, princesses, and everything pink, but also digs the Paw Patrol. 

What symptoms are you having? 
    All of them. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Apparently the Panaroma test I took last week was insufficient at separating the fetal blood from my blood & therefore I had to repeat the test today. Will have to wait another whole week to find out the results. 

Yes. I want another girl, so therefore this baby will be a boy. LOL 
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks today 

I have a daughter Peyton, who turned 2 last month. She's the spitting image of me when I was 2 in looks and personality. Wild child with a strong opinion and the determination to get what she wants. Praying this 2nd one is a little more like my brother (content lazy and easy going). According to my in laws my husband was sickly and whiney so hoping baby #2 takes after my side. 

Nausea is more extreme and in the evenings (morning w/ first), exhaustion is worse this time around probably thanks to the 2 yr old. I also get moles when I'm pregnant, noticed my first this go around yesterday. After I have the baby they dry up and flake off...so weird 

Rant/Rave/Questions? My husband gave me his cold...he's lucky he's still alive. 

We we have our ultrasound March 27th. My practice is very particular about waiting till 20 weeks.  I don't have a gut feeling but he's always a boy in dreams so we will see. I don't hold much faith is my dreams though because I would have a golden retriever puppy in cute footie jammies if my dreams were right with my first. 
  • How far along are you? 13wks today

Tell us about your other children. I have a son Wyatt who will be 3 in May. He is a very stubborn independent and smart toddler. He's makes me and my husband laugh when he cracks himself up. 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Let's see, nauseous just like my first, but let's add on fatigue, acid reflux and heartburn

Rant/Rave/Questions? I hate my husband for getting me sick with his cold, I keep throwing up mucus! I told him to stay away from me so soon as he got sick. I also hate the feeling of I'm suffocating because my nose is clogged up. 

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? Not going to find out, team green. At first I was thinking girl, mainly because a psychic said girl, but now I'm thinking boy. So who knows. We didn't find out with my son, and at my last ultrasound at 40 wks when I saw the face I knew it was a boy. Maybe I'll know then again. 
  • How far along are you?
    14 weeks today! 

My son Landon will be 2 in May. He's just anazing.... such a sweet little boy to everyone with such a great personality. He gives hugs and kisses to everyone and has the best dimples when he smiles. 

Cramping has come back with a vengeance.  Never had that with my son. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm over winter. Bring on the warm weather!

We are team green! We were with my son as well.  Gut feeling tells me this one is a boy, I had a dream that I had another son named Connor, which is on our list of names, sooo......  secretly I'm hoping for a girl, but as long as this baby is healthy I will be beyond happy with either sex. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?  14+1

Tell us about your other children.  Henry will be 2 in June. I can't believe that. He's hilarious and sweet.  He talks like crazy and is too smart for his own good.  He talks about baby a good bit and kisses my belly.  He loves other kids and I can't wait to see the bond these 2 form. 

What symptoms do are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Way less nausea and drama overall.  I had an SCH at around 6 weeks with DS, got rear ended at 9, had to go to the ER for a migraine and dehydration around 12/13 weeks.  It's like I'm waiting for something to happen because it's been so much smoother this time. I am happy I am getting to enjoy it more this time.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm really concerned about the flu.  DS and I got shots but DH never did.  Apparently there are some bad shot resistant strains going around and in Georgia. It makes me want to be a hermit.

GTKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? Yes, I'm dying to find out. I want to do an early ultrasound at 16 weeks but I can't get DH on board.  I don't have a feeling this time.  I was convinced DS was a girl. DH actually argued with the ultrasound technician because we couldn't believe it. I'd like to have one of each, but another boy is ok, too.
  • How far along are you?
    11+6

I have 2 boys who are 8 and 4.5.  My older one is easy going, sweet and very bright.  He loves sports and playing the piano.  My younger one has a big personality and is very high energy.  He's stubborn and difficult, but also sweet and a snuggle bug.  

My biggest symptoms are nausea and exhaustion.  I've been queasy every late afternoon/evening for at least 6 weeks.  The nausea is worse than with DS2, but I've only gotten sick once.  With DS1, I got sick every day for a few weeks.  I'm definitely ready for my nausea to end and my energy to come back.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My eating habits really need to improve.  Carbs are the only thing that seem to help with my nausea, but I feel like I go overboard especially at night.  I was pretty happy with my weight/body before getting pregnant this time around and I gained a lot with my other pregnancies.  I was hoping to not gain as much this time so it was tough to lose the last 20 or so after DS2.  It's hard to see the scale go up quite a bit already.

We're Team Green for the third time.  I love the delivery room surprise.  I'm going to assume it's another boy just because DH and his family seem to have almost all boys.  I was leaning towards girl with my first and was 50/50 with my second so clearly my gut means nothing.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you?  14+4

Tell us about your other children.  Natalie turned 2 in Nov. She is the love of our lives. She changed our whole world and everything we knew in it to be normal. We've had a very rough 2 years with her as she's been diagnosed with more than 15 life threatening allergies, and there's been too many doctors visits and ER trips to count. But we love her more than life itself and we are so excited to introduce her to her new best friend in August.

What symptoms do are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I've had about the same symptoms except I've been more tired and less nausea. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I work an insane amount of hours and I've just been questioning whether I want to continue down the career path I'm on. I don't want to get to the end of my life and regret not being with my kids more. It's been weighing heavy on me lately.

GTKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? 26 days until we find out. Not like I'm counting but yes, I'm waaaay to much of a planner to not find out! I have to know! I have a gut feeling it's another girl, but I was totally wrong with my gut feeling for my first so we will see. I don't care either way -I just want a healthy baby!
  • How far along are you?
    ** 15 weeks today! (But measuring farther along. I will know for sure next Monday)

**DD is 13 months old with the attitude of a 13-YEAR-old

**Currently, only symptom I'm having is sore breasts. Oh! And I'm ALWAYS tired. Same as my last pregnancy but I didn't have nearly as much morning sickness with this one as I did with my DD.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    **How many mommies found out their baby's gender at 16 weeks? I found out my DD'S that early, but the hubby couldn't stand waiting a couple more weeks to ensure we would find out, and my doctor only does one ultrasound unless another is necessary.

**Hopefully! I have a feeling it's a girl, but we will see!
  • @jsaffer01 the feeling of suffocating is the worst. My husband gave me his cold as well. I'm still having nausea and vomiting from pregnancy so having a stuffed nose and vomiting is awful. Feeling like I'm suffocating to death and mentally freaking out when you can't breathe is awful! Hope you feel better soon. 
  • How far along are you?
    14+3, but baby was measuring 2 days ahead later u/s

DS is 2. He currently loves temper tantrums over nothing, Donald Duck, reading, climbing and doing things himself.  New words are coming out everyday.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Some naseau, but mainly gone.  Had a few wicked headaches.  Some spotting, but seems to be gone.  Acne.  Really don't remember any acne last time.  I don't think I broke out this badly as a teenager.  I am embarrassed to go in public.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Yes. I will and my husband won't.  I refuse to tell anyone since DH wants to be surprised and my mom is calling me selfish. *Sigh*   We had the NIPT bloodwork because we are a bit older and I know with 95-98% accuracy.  Waiting until my next appointment and the anatomic scan on March 16th to confirm.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks

Tell us about your other children.  DS is 3 and very sweet and funny.  He is very attached to me and DH (he is the one who screamed every time I left the first 2 weeks of preschool).  We go to a co-op preschool so all the other parents know him and always tell me how great he is doing now and what a nice sweet kid he is.  I am hoping number 2 isn't quite as attached.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  I had debilitating nausea with DS and I am taking Unisome this time around.  I am still sick but can function but I am tired all the time.  I can't wait until 18 weeks because that is when if let up with DS.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Totally not baby related but has anyone ever had a quote from a contractor?  How long did it take to get back to you?    

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having?   I am AMA so I already know we are having a girl.  Before I knew I would only let myself contemplate it being another boy because I wanted a girl and didn't want to be disappointing.  I am excited to have one of each, they will be 4 years apart and if they were closer together in age I would have wanted 2 boys.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mharper0614 we found out we are having a boy today at 15w2d. It was clear as day!!! We went to a private ultrasound office that specializes in gender and 4d. 

• How far along are you? 12 weeks 2 days

Tell us about your other children. DS is 2.5 and we just found out that he got into Montessori preschool for next year! So relieved :)

just got over the stomach virus from hell!! I don't remember my suppressed immune system giving me this much trouble last time. I missed 3 days of work this week... which has never happened even as a student. So glad for that to be over!

Rant/Rave/Questions? now that my sickness is over I'm starting to feel like a normal human again! Even the first tri symptoms are beginning to subside. 

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having?  we haven't decided if we are finding out this time. Last time we were team green and LOVED it! DH is leaning towards finding out and I am starting to also. Although I just had a friend who had her baby yesterday and was expecting a girl but got a boy! What a surprise. That's not the first time I've heard that happening, but I know it's rare! I'm leaning towards finding out for the sake of preparing DS. He wants a sister and calls the baby "Sissy" on his own accord. We are all convinced LO is a girl but if it's not DS may need a heads up lol.

congrats on the baby boy! @morgy_bee

• @JCPSand2B I am doing much better now. I can breathe. I don't have that suffocating feeling in my nose and throat anymore. I'm still congested but not as bad. I also haven't thrown up mucus since Thursday so that's a plus. 
  • How far along are you? 15 + 3

Tell us about your other children. Our blonde, curly-haired, DD will be 3 in June. 

Still heartburn every now and then (different than first pregnancy). Otherwise I'm doing pretty good. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Why doesn't it never fail that DD sleeps in when DH needs to get up with her?  Then the next day she wakes up an hour early for me. Ugh!

Team Green and no gut feeling. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 12 weeks 5 days

Tell us about your other children. I have a DD who is 4 and a DD who is 2.5.  

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I was more sick overall through most of the first trimester, with less skin breakouts that I remember anyway.

Rant/Rave/Questions? We are potty training DD2 right now and she is doing pretty good!  I don't feel like I am ready for her to be this old though  :'( .

We are not planning on finding out right now.  My initial gut reaction was boy, but it could go either way the way I am feeling right now.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 12 w 5 day

My sweet pea is 3 years old and I love her personality. A lot of love, a ton of sass and to smart for her own good. But don't all mom's say that. She really is a sassy pants. 

Symptoms: headaches, exhaustion and body acne. 

Rants: i just want to be lazy all day. Boo work

Gtky: yes we will find out but it's still 5 weeks away. 
    My gut is this feels like a girl, but I'm scared to get my brain set on that so I'm trying to think boy vibes to so my brain is prepared for both results. It was the same with my daughter too, felt like a girl and I convinced myself it could be a boy. Everybody thought she was a a boy and everyone thinks this one is a boy too. This one heart rate is just so high, even higher then DD it's hard for me to ignore. If you had boys with high heart rates please tell me to help squish my feelings. Haha
  • @hupp0013 GL with potty training!  Hopefully it sticks!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Thanks @bumpybump!  I don't want to say how it is going so far might jinx it  ;).  The process isn't nearly as bad as I remember it being the last time.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 13wks 1d

I have 4 children, DD 19, DS 18, DD 13, DD 9 1/2.
    My older two are in college and are super excited for a baby to come into our family. The younger two are obsessed with the idea! It's pretty awesome. They are all really sweet and kind people and they get along well, the age difference doesn't seem to divide them much. I'm really thankful for that. 

What symptoms are you having?:
    Headaches this past week. Trying to stay hydrated. My nausea is so much better the past few days. I've discontinued using diclegis which I've been on for the past 6 weeks (three times a day). I do still take unisom at night. 
    Waking up super early every morning between 5-6am to pee and then I can't go back to sleep.
    Also, starting to feel baby move around!

Rants: 
    I do wish life were a little easier right now, my fiancé has a rare autoimmune brain disease and so we are at a lot of drs Appt's....last week he had oral surgery to replace a bridge that broke. Then he slipped on ice, dislocating his shoulder and chipping/fracturing it! Not looking forward to coming up for an extra 1500- in the next 7 weeks! 
    Not to mention he's been out of commission all week. I feel like one of the original pioneers that made their way out west encountering a multitude of obstacles and hardships. (Okay, maybe it's not THAT bad, but you get the point.)

GTKY:
    We found out last week with our genetic results that we are having a healthy girl!
    We've had a name picked out for 2.5 years now (which is how long we've suffered losses & infertility), her name is Fiona Sparrow Mae.
    Really excited to be here  <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @PinkPrincessPiper
    I had to do mine twice too.  The first time they did the blood draw through my hand and when I went back for round two the nurses told me this test had to be drawn from the arm.  Such a waste of time but totally worth it to know baby is healthy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be 15 weeks on Wednesday.  
    My daughter is 6 going on 16 and is in first grade.  We also have a 4 year old son, starting Kindergarten next year.   My son is probably more excited for the baby out of the two..
    Symptoms/rant all in one:  I have had three colds in the last 6 weeks.  I am so over being exhausted and sick on top of it.   We need spring so I can open up the windows.

I am AMA so we had the testing done and found out we are having a boy.   Super excited.  
  • 14w 4days

I have two boys who are both firery red heads.  My oldest is 7 and looks like Opie.  My youngest is my little politician and is 4.  

Symptoms: I am exhausted all of the time.  The baby moves all night and is keeping me up from excitement.  

Rants:. I am exhausted and am having a hard maintaining a clean house.  My husband is not as understanding as he could be.  He forgets I am 7 years older than my first pregnancy.  

GTKY:. We are having a girl!  Confirmed by blood test.  We are over the moon excited!  She was a big surprise that we were not expecting but she will complete us.  We are leaning toward naming her Clara Rose.

• How far along are you? 13 weeks 2 days

Tell us about your other children.  I have 2 year old boy who is the love of my life. We had a missed miscarriage in August.

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Finally getting over all day sickness.  Last time I was sick the entire 9 months.  Still feel pretty crappy in the evening but hoping to turn the corner and get back to normal.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  We told
    my husbands family last weekend- my father-in-laws immediate response "I knew you were because you look so
    much heavier."  Gee thanks.  (I'm probably 5 lbs heavier.). 

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? We're having a girl- still adjusting to the idea.  I was shocked and thought for sure it was a boy.  Just can't see myself raising a girl.
  • How far along are you?
    13 wks

B14 shy, in Karate; G13 plays flute, loves drawing; B11 into any kind of rubiks cubes, magic, etc; G9 my drama queen and precocious bookworm; B4 sweetheart, still likes to cuddle mommy, loves games; G1 fiery temper to match her fiery red hair. 4/6 are little redheads, all do great in school. We are definitely blessed.

What symptoms are you having? Some nausea, fatigue, headaches started up a week ago (i hadn't had any before that which was a miracle for me), and the bloating! How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? About the same. Not quite as bad a last pregnancy thankfully!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'll keep it positive...my husband is an absolute saint. 

GYKY: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby? Absolutely! Do you have a gut feeling on what you are having? Feeling like it's a boy. We do have a pattern after all. A girl would be a little easier though. We will be happy with either of course. 
  • How far along are you? 11w5d

DD is three and such a little monster. Too smart for her own good and is so excited to be a big sister.  

Really I'm just tired. Some times I get dizzy/nauseous but other than that so far so good.  With DD I was sick allllll the timeeee. So I. I'm not complaining. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

We're team green this time but my gut says a boy! I've dreamt be was a boy and DD swears he is too so he shall be a boy until he pops out a girl:) 

@kristenk727 that's how we named DD!! The night before we found out she was a girl I had a dream that she was and that we named her Elena Jane. So we did 
  • STM There's a recall on Britax strollers

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/health/britax-stroller-recall/

Britax Child Safety Inc. has recalled 676,000 strollers due to a fall hazard, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Thursday.

The recalled models include Britax B-Agile and BOB Motion strollers when they are used with a travel system with a car seat carrier attached. The recall also includes an additional 41,100 strollers sold in Canada and Mexico.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018