Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check-in Week Feb13th

Re: IF/Testing Check-in Week Feb13th

• @wabash15 Thanks! This is the first time I've ever brought him, I've always had someone to watch him before. I'll be talking to my sister and closest friend about next cycle since it'll be a lot of office visits!
  • Loading the player...
  • @GiddyUp82 Welcome back although I'm sorry you have to be back.

I'm curious as to why your doc (RE right?) doesn't think IUI will work simply because of a great SA? They will be doing a sperm wash to inseminate the best sperm anyway so I don't understand their thinking.

Either way, I hope that it works for you and your stay is short.
  • @JuneRoseRuby it seems like the awful just keeps piling up on you, friend. I'm so sorry for this latest update. I hope you can find a good genetic counselor to help you navigate this. Big hugs
  • I'm so sorry @JuneRoseRuby and I echo that you have every right to be angry. I wish I could change it for you, it's not fair. So many hugs.
  • @JuneRoseRuby I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, it really isn't fair. Hugs to you.
  • @juneroseruby oh girl, I'm sorry you got bad news today. You and DH have the right to feel all the feels. We are hear for you as you discern what the right path is. Hugs and love your way
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @JuneRoseRuby I'm so sorry for what you are going through!!

@adirat I keep wondering if I know you IRL because I spent my whole life on LI up until a year and a half ago. It always seems like everyone on LI knows each other through somebody  :D
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• BababattyBababatty member
    edited February 2017
    @JuneRoseRuby Oh no! I am so sorry to hear you got this news! I understand how frustrated and sad you and H must be right now. Do you live in or nearish an area where there are urologists who have seen this? It might help to get an opinion from one of them, too. At least to confirm the treatment plan you have now is best? Thinking of you and hoping you get some better news soon.
  • @JuneRoseRuby I'm sorry for your bad news. I hope some changes will help improve things, or you can come up with a plan to still get where you want to be. I'm so happy to hear you told your parents and how supportive they are. I've been upfront with mine from the beginning and they've been a great source of support, minus their slight ignorance about how babies are made despite having kids :)

Welcome back @GiddyUp82! Your name does sound familiar. I'm glad you got through your testing! I have the same question as @TravelingCouple about why IUI won't work if sperm is awesome. Is that their backhanded way of saying "It's you"? It's good you have IVF coverage, even if you have to endure the IUIs first! Does your insurance also cover IUIs?
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Guys the hits keep coming... DH sat down to do our budget for the year last night, well it turns out he made a mistake in the budget last year and we overspent by 10+ thousand dollars last year. (we were getting some money from his grandmothers estate that was not supposed to be factored into the budget but was, so we had the money, we just don't have it this year). That means we have to cut way back unless DH finds a job that pays better because as it stands all the money he makes is going to daycare. It also means we can't afford fertility treatments.
     So that's it  we're done. Its going to be hard letting this dream go. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 oh no! I am so sorry. It's such bullshit that these treatments cost so much. I'm sorry you're going through this.

@JuneRoseRuby I'm so sorry that you seem to have bad news piling up. I hope that your appointment with the geneticist goes well and provides you with a plan.
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @wabash15 I'm so sorry love! I'm rooting for you so hard that this medicated cycle was a success!!
  • @wabash15 and @JuneRoseRuby I am so sorry for the bad and discouraging news! :(
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• edited February 2017
    @wabash15 oh girl, I'm so so sorry to hear this news.  <3

@JuneRoseRuby I was really hoping the urologist was going to give you good news. I would seek out another urologist who might have more experience (if it's possible). Wishing you peace as you begin to think about next steps. This TTC stuff is no joke.  <3
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @wabash15 NO!! I am so sorry!! That's horrible to have your dream crushed like that. I really hope this cycle is the one for you. It's complete BS how the insurance works (or mostly doesn't work) for this. Rooting for you so hard!
  • @wabash15 Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear it. I have everything crossed for this IUI to be the one. 

• @wabash15 I'm sorry to hear your news. Hopefully this is your month and you won't have to worry about it. Sending creepy Internet hugs to you.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @aurora1973 Congrats on the elopement! Can't wait to hear about it. I am the one whose AMH increased. I can't causally attribute it to the It Starts with the Egg advice but I hope that was the reason and it'll work for you too. 

• @heatherdubrow This is an out of the blue question for you, but I know you've mentioned you have PCOS and have done IVF before obviously. Did you ever try IUIs? If not, was there a reason you went straight to IVF? Obviously I want to plan out of my entire TTC life before even getting in to see the doctor  ;)

• @aurora1973 At first I was super overwhelmed with It Starts with the Egg and was like "F this, I can't throw out all my makeup and hair products." But I started with not using plastic containers/water bottles anymore - that was easy. Then I did some research and found most of my makeup is phthlate-free... so that was awesome. I just ran out of shampoo and conditioner and body wash, so I found some at the store labelled phthlate-free and am starting to use that. So in conclusion, I was totally freaked out and against it but it really wasn't that bad. I'm sure there are more things to replace but as I run out of products, I will take them one at a time. 

• @hartmich yea the waiting is awful. By the time we started ivf I was sooooo ready! Especially since our insurance covered nothing so I wasn't a fan of continuing to waste money. When is your appointment?
  • I just got off the phone with both pharmacies.. one has my Femara ready for pick-up. The specialty pharmacy is shipping my HCG trigger to arrive tomorrow. We are armed and ready for next cycle as our first medicated cycle. As of right now we're going to do TI rather than IUI but we'll see how we feel as it gets closer. Still waiting to even O this cycle..

Question - for the trigger shot, did you do it yourself or have your DH do it? When the RE told us about the shot, DH pretty much freaked out thinking about needing to give me a shot in the butt. I told him it's no big deal, but he's freaked. I have several friends who are nurses, but they don't know what we're going through so I'd rather DH just do it. Just wondering what everyone has done?
  • @TravelingCouple I think I did it myself...but I'm s nurse.
    If he's really freaked out either so it yourself or ask one of your friends? 
    Im so excited for you to start your medicated cycle!! Wishing you so much luck!
  • @TravelingCouple I always do my  own trigger shots...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @laurad75  I'm so glad you've got a plan moving forward and your going to try again! Is your RE going to switch up your protocol?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Thanks @heatherdubrow @wabash15 Is it just stick it in and push (heh)? I was watching a video on the RE's website and it looks like you put the needle in, pull the syringe back to check for air?? and then push all the way in. I'm not sure why they're adding an extra step. But if it's just stick the needle in and push the syringe..I can handle that myself I think. I did pass out the last time I had blood work done, but I think this'll be different.