February 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun - week 2/6

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun - week 2/6

• VastraVastra member
    edited February 2017
    @becbec28 Yeah, poop issues here, too. From the Friday morning we left the house to have my C, to Wednesday afternoon, I had not even the feeling of needing to bm, and the thought of straining or pushing was too horrible. But I've been regular-ish since Wednesday, and I've been eating as much fiber as possible to keep it squishy. I think the stool softeners they gave me in the hospital ultimately helped too. Would a fiber supplement work for you?
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @Vastra I might need to get some. I don't really have a problem going but it's like it comes on suddenly when I do need to go. And I get pain like really bad gas in my stomach when I have to go. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Starting to get horrible migraine headaches, not sure what's up with that. 
  • @Jab3 I had horrible migraines before I was pregnant. They got better while I was pregnant but now that LO is here, they have returned with a vengeance. Mine are worse in the spring and fall as I have weather as a trigger. 
  • Question: I'm 6 weeks pp, bleeding stopped around 4 weeks but has started again over the past few days. Is this a period, a resurgence of locchia, something else? I'm breastfeeding and also started back on the pill 9 days ago. Just wondering if it's worth a call to the doctor or no big deal.
  • ColeBug89ColeBug89 member
    edited February 2017
    @lemieuxk Something very similar happened to me! I bled for 3-ish weeks then stopped for 4, then it picked back up again. I just assumed it was my period since everything checked out at my 6 week PP visit. I go on Thursday for my IUD and will bring it up with my doctor, but I personally haven't felt the need to call. Are you getting cramps? I didn't have any cramping, but had I had major cramping I probably would have called in.

ETA: I'm EPing so I was not sure if that would delay a period like BFing can.
  • Jab3 said:
    Starting to get horrible migraine headaches, not sure what's up with that. 
    Have you checked your blood pressure? Just make sure it's not post partum pre-eclampsia. 
  • @homemake I think that's normal,  hormone adjustments.   The sweating being hot definitely is.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ohstars, I will have to check it, between the headaches and the swelling, it needs to happen. My BP was fine all along luckily, but I know that could change at the drop of a dime. 

@purplewriter, I get them during allergy season really bad too, that's why now I'm like what is this? Has to be postpartum related...
  • homemake said:
    i think my body isn't regulating temperature well. I'm either freezing or sweating. Anyone else? 
    MEEE TOOOO. And it is like, teeth chattering cold
  • homemake said:
    i think my body isn't regulating temperature well. I'm either freezing or sweating. Anyone else? 
    MEEE TOOOO. And it is like, teeth chattering cold
    I'm freezing too!! I'm on blood thinners so I assumed that was the reason, but interesting that other people are cold too. When I was pregnant I slept with the house at 68. Last night it was 72 and I slept in a sweatshirt. 
  • @jab3 hormones are a really common migraine trigger, I think getting them postpartum is fairly normal. I've been struggling with them the last week or two. I'm mad because I only got one or two during pregnancy (I usually get them monthly), but when I did, I just assumed triptans were off limits during pregnancy. Well I looked into it now because I've been having lots of headaches and wanted to stop them. Turns out triptans are totally fine during pregnancy but not while breastfeeding. So frustrating!
  • homemake said:
    YES. Freezing during the day and I get all the night sweats. So annoying. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • I haven't gotten the night sweats yet, but I do suddenly get really cold. I also get lightheaded pretty often.
  • I've been getting gnarly migraines too! They last like 2-3 days then go away a couple days and come back. 
  • @poetryandoceans, oh man! It figures :0 
  • Can we talk sleep for us? We just came home tonight after 5 hospital days... I cannot lay flat in bed. Cue tears after 10 uncomfortable minutes of trying tonight. Is it normal for CS mommas to live/sleep in a recliner for a few days? Any tips? 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl its so uncomfortable trying to sleep in your own bed after a cs! I used pillows to prop myself up & wedge around me to try & get comfortable. We have a co-sleeper which made lifting the baby for motn feeding a lot easier. It does get better, hang in there! Xxx
  • Can we talk sleep for us? We just came home tonight after 5 hospital days... I cannot lay flat in bed. Cue tears after 10 uncomfortable minutes of trying tonight. Is it normal for CS mommas to live/sleep in a recliner for a few days? Any tips? 
    It was definitely uncomfortable for a few days. It does get easier, day by day. I'm 19 days PP and the pain now is so minimal and can pretty much bend and sit/stand up without being in agony. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

@WinchesterGirl, you are one tough mama for giving it a 10 minute try! I still can't lay flat 13 days after CS. I'm a side sleeper, and I can't comfortably do that yet either  :( Use your pregnancy pillows and prop yourself up in bed. It makes it a little easier to get out of bed too.
  • Strangest postpartum symptom-when your stomach still is visibly moving even though your baby is no longer in it. So weird. 
  • Strangest postpartum symptom-when your stomach still is visibly moving even though your baby is no longer in it. So weird. 
    Lol! I never experienced that one! Maybe there's another one in there?  :p
    Yes! I remember the phantom kicks I felt last time after!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I cannot believe I seriously developed my 3rd case of PUPPS at 38 weeks.   I thought I was imagining it but now the rash on my lower belly is really obvious.  I swear I thought this was a one time and done thing!   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • homemake said:
    Strangest postpartum symptom-when your stomach still is visibly moving even though your baby is no longer in it. So weird. 
    The nurse said it's my organs settling. So weird. 
  • homemake said:
    Strangest postpartum symptom-when your stomach still is visibly moving even though your baby is no longer in it. So weird. 
    The nurse said it's my organs settling. So weird. 
    Crazy! Post partum body is so nuts. 
  • Constipation and gas... how long does it take to have a normal BM???
  • Anyone want to talk about the joy of hemorrhoids?   That is my main pooping roadblock I think! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo I'm almost 4 weeks pp and it's still not normal. It's better, but not like it was before. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @Gretchypoo my ass is bleeding more than my vag now AND when I have gas it's like crippling pain like when you have the stomach flu but for a tiny fart
  • @PerraSucia and @becbec28 me after reading that:

Perra- YES! Little gas bubbles are driving me insane. They HURT.
  • I wish spring would hurry up. Thankfully, it'll be in the 50s for a week starting on Saturday. But I'm tired of being holed up in the house all day because it's 20 degrees out. It's also flu season and LO doesn't get his immunizations until 2 months.

20 days pp and I'm tired of watching TV on an uncomfortable couch all day holding my LO.

i wish DH had paternal leave. Or that some friends or family lived a little closer and had time to come visit...one person at a time. 
  • I wish spring would hurry up. Thankfully, it'll be in the 50s for a week starting on Saturday. But I'm tired of being holed up in the house all day because it's 20 degrees out. It's also flu season and LO doesn't get his immunizations until 2 months.

20 days pp and I'm tired of watching TV on an uncomfortable couch all day holding my LO.

i wish DH had paternal leave. Or that some friends or family lived a little closer and had time to come visit...one person at a time. 
    While I don't have the weather issue, I agree with everything else. It's a little lonely being home all day. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• Random shooting/stabby pains in my armpits when the letdown reflex kicks in starting around 10 days pp are driving me batty. It feels like there's something biting me in the armpit every time I'm nursing. Also the letdown reflex itself has become nervy/stingy/painful. LO's latch is fine, it also happens when my boobs just decide to erupt and also when pumping. More annoying than serious but still :(
  • @MrsLittleMac same. Told DH it felt like a bunch of needles. Not something I enjoy at all. 
  • Breastfeeding headaches. :(
  • lemieuxk said:
    Question: I'm 6 weeks pp, bleeding stopped around 4 weeks but has started again over the past few days. Is this a period, a resurgence of locchia, something else? I'm breastfeeding and also started back on the pill 9 days ago. Just wondering if it's worth a call to the doctor or no big deal.
    With both my other kids I stopped bleeding around 3-4 weeks and both times my period started at 6 weeks. (I EP though) With our son I went into my 6 week PP check-up and when I went to go pee I actually started my period right there in the office. I ended up needing to ask the nurse for a pad and they rescheduled my exam for 2 weeks later lol. I'm glad the Dr this time wants to see me at 4 weeks because hopefully it'll be in between bleeding. 

I'm 9 days PP and I've been hyper emotional. At first I thought it was just from the initial rush of feelings from delivery, then I thought it was because I was over tired, but now I'm not sure. Yesterday we talked about me running to the store and leaving the baby home with my H, but I broke out in tears. So instead we loaded the baby up and we went together to the store. Then last night my H had to return to work and I started crying when he had to leave. It wasn't that I was left with the kids or anything, I feel comfortable taking care of everything at home, but it was more just that he left. I didn't do this with our other 2 and when my husband asks me what's wrong, I just say IDK, because I really don't. Before I even had the baby I put him on PPD watch, but I read it's normal to be weepy and stuff for 2 weeks. 

I also have the night sweats. I wake up and am soaked but don't have the extra energy to care to change lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsLittleMac I have the same- though it's subsided now a little in the past few days. I describe it to DH as little shards of glass passing through my nipples and radiating all over the breast/armpit. Ugh.

@kswiger06 be patient with yourself love ❤️ Those hormones will regulate so soon! I was a shitshow for 2 weeks then suddenly I realized I hadn't been weepy or anxious for a full day, then 2, then more. You're doing an amazing job I promise, and if you ever need anything you have my number ❤️
  • My tearing was internal (vaginal), on the sides, and I'm wondering if anyone else is facing similar stitches. My ability to walk seems very limited and the discomfort there is the main thing keeping me taking pain meds.  They said the absorption of the stitches would take till my 6 wk check and maybe beyond.  Wondering if that means my pain will last as long.  
    Pregnancy Ticker