September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 2/15

If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself. 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...)

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 2/15

• Loading the player...
  • introduce yourself.  this is pregnancy #3. #2 was a MMC at 9 weeks which was discovered at 13 weeks in the summer

How far along are you? 9+6

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) we are on vacation right now so doing well! I've been lucky on the symptom front this time. My EDD for my loss is coming up so I'm not looking forward to that. I've been doing fine but not sure how that day will hit me

When is your next appointment?  Tuesday the 21st

Rant/Rave/Questions? in the back of my mind I'm worried. An out of province relative is going to visit this weekend so I'd like to announce but am also scared to before my appointment

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? we never do anything for Valentine's day. Neither of us remembered for a long time yesterday, but we're away and barely know what day it is anyway. Lol. Christmas is my favourite!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself. 
    I had a MC at 5 weeks in August. My due date was on my husbands birthday and I lost the baby 2 days before my sons 1st birthday. 
    How far along are you? 9 weeks 

I was doing terrible. I stopped my celexa and I kept having terrible anxiety.  But I've calmed down a lot 
    My next appt is in 3 weeks 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
     I'm so ready for this baby to be here. I have bad baby fever 

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? We chilled at home for Valentine's Day. We will do something later. Halloween is my favorite! It's so much fun and I'll be able to dress a new born up for Halloween this year! 
  • @Seapb, @MyNamesTaken, and @kelseyrayray - Welcome! I'm sorry about your losses and understand your fear, but you all sound hopeful as well and that's a good thing. :smile:

@Seabp - I wish I could give you some advice on how to brace yourself for pushing through your previous loss week. But those things always seem to be in the back of our minds, and they come right back up to the front during pregnancy. What you said is perfect: no pregnancy is the same and history doesn't have to repeat itself. Try to stay positive and good luck!

@MyNamesTaken - In regards to your upcoming previous EDD... I remember feeling a bit sad when mine came around, but I was also pregnant with DS at the time, so I found that I couldn't be too sad. No, I wouldn't be meeting that first baby, but I had another to look forward to. So maybe that will help a little? Sorry if it doesn't.

@kelseyrayay - I'm glad you've been able to gain some control over your anxiety. Hopefully that will continue to get better as your pregnancy progresses. Sending good thoughts your way!
  • Hello ladies. I'm not one to ask for help unless I really need it, but this time I really do.

Please keep me and baby in your thoughts and prayers. After my check-up this morning, I've been put on bed rest due to a large subchorionic hematoma. Doc says this is a high risk pregnancy because, if I start bleeding, the hematoma will carry baby out with it. 

As for the check in...
    How far along are you? 
    10+5
    Alright, considering. I feel good. No pain, no bleeding. I'm hopeful.
    Next Wednesday, the 22nd.
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Anyone have experience with subchorionic hematomas? Was the outcome good or bad?
  • @BigBadWolf12 - I'm so glad to hear it went well today! That's great news!
  • Not new, but MMC at 5.5 weeks discovered at 9.5 week ultrasound.  Naturally miscarried within a few days.

How far along are you? 
    9 weeks

Really well.  I saw the baby & heartbeat in the ultrasound last week, and never got that far with my loss.  And since I have no personal experience with loss AFTER that milestone, I'm feeling like 100% fine.  It's weird.  I would not have expected to feel so confident now.

we go in tomorrow for a two hour appointment.  I think we talk about genetic testing and what else is to come. I'm not entirely sure.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     See GTKY

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday?
    DH was incredibly sweet yesterday and I feel like a TW.  He wrote this incredibly sweet message in my card about how I'm a great wife, his best friend and how I'm going to be a wonderful mother.  I just wrote 'i love you xoxo jen' in mine.  :#
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @ellekh - praying for you! Glad the doctors are keeping a close eye and being cautious. 

If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself.  I've posted, but not sure I introduced myself. I lost my son at 26 weeks last August due to a chromosomal deletion. 

How far along are you? 10 weeks tomorrow

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) I've been distracted, so mentally that has been good. I'm starting to get more anxious as I get closer to my mfm appointment next week. I was 12 weeks when we discovered something was wrong with my loss. Physically - ok! eating everything in sight. 

When is your next appointment? 2/23 with a new MFM. Nervous to say the least. 

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? We're one of those lame couples who don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I got my son some fun stuff, but nothing between DH and I. I love Christmas. Hands down my favorite time of the year. 

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Thank you, @blessdtxas! And welcome! I'm so sorry about your late loss. That must have been incredibly difficult. Fingers crossed for a perfectly healthy and uneventful pregnancy this time!

@LaceyC1020 - Good luck today!
  • @ElleKH thank you! Lots of prayers for you and your baby! I have a SCH too that bled a good bit a couple weeks ago. They're checking it today. It was small, but if it makes you feel better, both my ultrasound tech and doctor had large SCH's and they have healthy children now :smile: 
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• How far along are you? 
    9+5
    Mentally, doing great. Physically exhausted.
    3/8

DH planned an amazing surprise for me last night. He make lasagna with garlic bread and had a relaxing romantic evening all set up and waiting for when I got home from work. He is amazing!

• How far along are you?

7 + 5 with twins 

Physically today I woke up feeling good. I actually made a good breakfast and by the time it was ready I didn't want any of it because I was nauseous. So that's fun. Otherwise it's more of the same. Fatigue and nausea.

Mentally I'm hanging in there. I'd really like to hurry up and have another appointment already. When I had my first ultrasound at 6+3 we saw two sacs and two babies, but no talk of heartbeats. So I think I'll have much more peace of mind once I see that fluttering on the screen. 

One week! The 22nd. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DH has been fantastic as I have been the most worthless when it comes to any kind of cleaning or cooking. I'm looking forward to actually being able to do things around the house and with my 3 year old. 

I just made brownies and we played a new game with DD. We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. 

My favorite holiday is Halloween! I love dressing DD up and all the fun and spooky things that go along with it. I also really love Thanksgiving. I love the time spent with family without any pressures or strings attached. Just good food. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks 3 days!

Oh I am an emotional wreck. Can't sleep worth a damn and am so tired and DH is still gone and I just am being so needy I can't stand it. I go from fine to feeling like death to crying in like seconds. Yesterday I was laying in bed after work because I felt like death and I just started sobbing because I need to finish laundry. Also, I have like zero appetite for dinner lately, I don't know if it's because I'm just so tired? So I basically have to force myself to eat something.

March 10th! DH will be home and i should also be having my NT Scan so he will finally get to see baby!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Not really. I just am ready to start feeling like myself again, that'd be nice.

Nope! DH is in San Diego right now. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love that it is a holiday surrounded by giving thanks and it brings family together but you don't have to buy any gifts, just food. I grew up in a household that loves cooking so Thanksgiving is always a big thing. I didn't grow up near any family (dad is Navy) so this was the 1 holiday we typically had family all together as Christmas was a lot harder to do together.

• How far along are you? 9+2

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) much better after an ultrasound yesterday! 

2/28...NT scan and genetics 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I can't figure out the best time to take vitamins...day time I burp and they make me feel bloated/nauseas and at night I toss and turn and get headaches...it's pissing me off.

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? Hubby and went out for lobster on Saturday and then last night we packed...currently waiting to take off and head to Denver for the week! Fave holiday...Halloween and Thanksgiving (cuz TURKEY!!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • @Texafornian Turkey is the best. We did a TurDuckEn this year from scratch. We were cooking for 5 days! It was amazing we had 28 people all together! 
  • @ElleKH Prayers to you!
    @blessdtxas I also had a stillborn at 26 weeks, due to preeclampsia in my case.  So sorry for your loss <3 (and everyone's loss here)

How far along are you? 10+2

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Tired, food aversions, pimply, back aches, tired!  Mentally...one day at a time.

When is your next appointment? I am getting some bloodwork done today, but I see my OB, MFM, and Hematologist next week!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I wish this wasn't such a long process!

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? We made dinner at home and I made my mother-in-law's delicious cheesecake as a special treat for my hubs as a thank you for stepping up the past few weeks!  Dinner was complete with sparkling grape juice and chocolate covered strawberries :) DH said it was the best Valentine's we've had yet! 

My favorite holiday is Christmas.  DH is a "Christmas Elf" and we always have tons of decorations and really get into the spirit :)
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!

• How far along are you? 
    9+5!! I can't wait to hit 13 weeks, even though I know the second trimester cutoff for miscarriage risk/telling people is actually arbitrary. 

All right. Feeling a bit better mentally until I was sitting on the train to work this morning and really imagined what it would be like to hear bad news at my next appointment, so I started welling up. Then I told myself if I'm going to be over-imaginative I should over-imagine something good instead. 

Physically, I cut down from a full unisom tablet (25mg) with my 25mg of B-6 (the DIY Diclegis combo) to a half tablet last night. I've perhaps unsurprisingly been slightly sicker feeling all day, but it's bearable so I'm going to stick with it. 

Next Tuesday first thing. Can't come soon enough. I'm actually not sure if I should expect an ultrasound-- we had one at our first 7-week appointment-- but I think I might throw a fit if there isn't one so hopefully I get one either way, or at least a doppler check. Also need to schedule the NT test for that week or the week after. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     When do ultrasounds switch from transvaginal to abdominal? 

Nah. Not a big fan of the marked-up restaurant prices on Valentine's Day. We're going out for a fancy dinner on Friday instead. 
  • @ElleKH will be thinking of you. please keep us posted. 
  • @LaceyC1020 - Oh, I hope yours has resolved itself! Please let us know how it went today. And thank you so much for the prayers and hopeful message! Hearing that really made me feel better. You're wonderful.

@JNR6510 - Lasagne and garlic bread! You lucky lady!! And @texafornian, you're giving me serious food envy with that lobster dinner. You too, @cmar1006 - brownies sound amazing! I hope you weren't too nauseous to pass on those! I hope you start feeling better soon.

@lahearn18 - You poor thing! The hormone rollercoaster hit you hard. Hopefully you'll start to balance out in another week or two. Hang in there, girl! And in the meantime, it is perfectly fine to cry over unfinished laundry. 

@sableeg and @zetega - Thank you both so much for your thoughts and prayers! They really mean a lot to me.

• @ElleKH I am so sorry about the SCH! I haven't had one, but that does sound quite scary! Try to rest! and yes, I am such an emotional roller coaster right now, i shouldn't be allowed to socialize, but here I am at work!

@BigBadWolf12  I am so happy everything went well with the u/s. Previously my OB said only the dating scan & the anatomy scan, but he is letting me get the NT Scan if I want it, so I am totally taking advantage of the extra scan. Especially because DH couldn't be at the dating one.

@Seapb I had repeat losses the same week of pregnancy, i distracted myself with everything possible that week this time around, but was a complete mess when it came to U/S day. I just did breathing exercises and kept busy. It's not easy, PGAL brain sucks.

@jmn1985  we didn't do anything for valentines (3rd one in a row he's been across the country for). Our wedding anniversary was last month and DH sent flowers then a week later I got chocolates, and he said it's for both...I rolled my eyes. I usually send him a card with super cute stuff, but i didn't do that this year, just a text. 

@sableeg so many other mammals have shorter gestation times and their babies come out more self sufficient...but I hear that once we get out of this dreaded 1st trimester it starts to go by faster then at the end days feel like months...so there's that...

• Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited February 2017
    @BigBadWolf12 So happy for your great u/s!!!

@Seapb Welcome! I stayed really really busy.

@elleKH Praying for your SCH to heal without complication to baby.

How far along are you? 
    11+0

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) I'm SO bloated!  I cannot pass gas to save my life. Some cramping at times due to dehydration or holding my bladder for too long. I'm TIRED.

When is your next appointment? Next Friday the 24th. 12 week doppler and NIPT 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     The bloat is a rant! Haha. Painful gas. Driving up to Kansas today for my uncles funeral and I can't really fit in my clothes anymore! 

No, I worked. I went over to our small groups house and they had some valentines cookies for all of us, and then I got some chick fil a to go for dinner at 9 pm. Then we packed for our trip until after midnight. So romantic!

ETA: My favorite holiday is Christmas!!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @ElleKH Hopefully the SCH resolves itself quickly. Sending sticky thoughts and prayers your way!
  • How far along are you? 
    10+5
    I have been ok.  Energy levels are starting to go back up.  Nausea comes and goes but I am able to eat just not much because I seem to get full quickly.  Lunch has to be my bigger meal of the day because that is when I feel best.  MFM checked my thyroid levels on Friday.  It usually lingers around 4-5 but I refuse to take medicine.  My TSH came back at a 3!  I was so happy! It has never been that low!

March 1st with the midwife.  Finally get to hear a heartbeat!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
     Had some cramping on and off yesterday.  It scares the heck out of me!!! 

Nothing fun.  DS was home sick recovering from a small tummy bug from over the weekend.  My husband did pick up some macaroons from a local bakery.  They were so yummy!  Both DS and I LOVE Halloween!  I start getting the fall/ Halloween decorations out Every September 1st.
  • If you are new this week... Welcome! Please introduce yourself. 
    Since we do have some new people... this is my second pregnancy, natural miscarriage on Halloween at 8 weeks. 

How far along are you? 
    10+6

Mentally.. I'm doing surprisingly well despite the scares the past couple of days. The brown discharge seems to be less today, so I'm taking that as a good sign! 
    Physically... the nausea has been getting a little better, so I'll take it! Trying to drink more because I know I've been a little dehydrated, but... y'all... its hard! 

Was scheduled for Friday, but since I went in Monday and they did a full work up, she cancelled Friday's and scheduled my next regular OB appoint for March. REALLY hoping I don't have a reason to go before then. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Believe it or not, I'm just excited that I got to come to work today! 

Our Valentine's Day was, quite frankly, a disaster, lol. I was on bedrest all day. DH was on my nerves. He tried to go get what I wanted for dinner... they messed my order up and I couldn't eat it. Oh well, we aren't big Valentine's Day people anyway. 
    I love all things Christmas! And, I really love Halloween, even though that's when my miscarriage happened last year. DH said he would turn the porch lights off and we could ignore the trick or treaters and I cried... I still wanted to give out candy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ElleKH I've seen several people mention having those. Hopefully it resolves itself without causing any further problems!

@Seapb  Getting through the week of my last loss was really hard, but once I got to the next week I did feel relieved... all the worry wasn't gone, but it definitely lessened! 

@kelseyrayay  I stopped taking my Zoloft when I got my BFP... my anxiety has shockingly not been too terrible, but the first couple of weeks seemed rough. 

@zetega I'm REALLY looking  forward to 13 weeks, too! Even if it is just all in my head, I feel like that will be a weight off my shoulders. My Dr's office starts doing abdominal US at 10 weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ElleKH thanks it's been hard trying to control it. @HollyGolightly09 yeah the first few weeks were pure hell. I really struggled with it. But I'd rather have a healthy baby and learn to control my anxiety. 
  • jlf1019jlf1019 member
    edited February 2017
    I just introduced myself two days ago on last week's PGAL post, but I'm going ahead and participating again today. Makes me feel better :) 

How far along are you? 11 weeks 2 days

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Still really tired and my boobs are still tender to the touch, but other than that, my nausea has tapered off a lot. I can't help but be paranoid and analyze lost symptoms even though, nearing the end of the 1st tri, it's normal for things to calm down. I'm on loose pelvic rest (primarily just no sex and not lifting anything heavier than my toddler) due to a small SCH they discovered at my 8 week ultrasound. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting since the week before my last appointment, so I'm praying the SCH has absorbed already. 

When is your next appointment? One week from today -- in the morning thankfully, so we don't have to wait all day. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just so ready for my appointment next week. Agh. 

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? My husband and I used to go on big dates when we were dating, but ever since we've been married, we've made it a tradition to just order pizza and stay in. It's honestly my preferred option anyway. Our daughter is two, so I picked up pizza on the way home from work and we watched A Goofy Movie lol :) Afterwards, I'd like to say my husband and I watched a movie on our own, but instead he fell asleep on the couch watching the UK game and I played on my ipad :) My favorite holiday is definitely Christmas. 
  • @ElleKH My SCH is either gone or too small to detect. I'm still on no heavy lifting restrictions, but all looked well! I updated in the ultrasound thread. Have faith, those stubborn little SCHs can get smaller and just absorb into your body. Stay hydrated and pretend your bed-rest is a vacation! (I know, easier said than done!)
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I've had two losses, one at 12 weeks in 2009, and a chemical pregnancy in May of last year. We've been actively TTC for 4 years.  

How far along are you? 
    10+3

How are you doing? (Mentally, physically...) Mentally I'm ok, just really, really tired. Like, so insanely tired I can barely think. And when I get overly tired, my anxiety ramps up, and I just don't need that right now. Physically, other than the exhaustion, I'm ok as long as I keep my nausea medicine in my system. If I am even half an hour late, I can't keep anything down. Also, I now have acne running down my sides. Like a little trail of tiny, angry white heads down my sides. What the hell is that?!  

When is your next appointment? March 6th. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm just ready to feel human again. And I'm ready for my hormones to level out a bit. I have a count down to second tri on my bulletin board, and I'm just holding out hope that it all eases up then.

GTKY:  Did you do anything fun for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite holiday? We went out for sushi, just a chill little place that wasn't busy. It was low-key and nice. DH also brought me flowers and chocolate, because he's nice like that. And then we went home, and were both passed out by 9:30. It was perfect.

My favorite holiday is Christmas, and Thanksgiving is a close second. However, I'm unexpectedly excited for Halloween with a LO to dress up! We had a great Halloween party last year (we went as Bob and Linda Belcher from Bob's Burgers and won a costume contest!), and it was one of this nights when your friend group has more fun that you ever thought possible. But even with all that, were were talking about how much better Halloween would be with a kid. And now, here we are. :smile:  

• Welcome to everyone who is new! I'll reintroduce myself. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I had DS in 2010 and I had a loss in December at about 5w. 

How far along are you? 
    9+6

Physically, slightly better as far as the nausea. Everything else is about the same. Mentally still taking things one day at a time. 

Early March for NT scan and bloodwork. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Just really wish I could truly enjoy this pregnancy like I did with DS. PGAL brain sucks. 

We went out to dinner and just hung out for as long as I could stay awake (which wasn't long, sorry DH!). We don't do a lot on Valentine's Day usually. 

My favorite holiday is Christmas, with Halloween a close 2nd. :) I love decorating for both and we always plan out what movies we're gonna watch that month, especially for Halloween. I love scary movies. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 
    11w

Mentally pretty good. Physically my nausea has gotten worse, starting on diclegis (insurance approved it yay!) and I've been getting terrible headaches 

MFM next Thursday for cell free DNA testing which I believe includes a scan

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Started my promotion today, so excited! Can't wait to see my first paycheck for it next week. 

H wasn't feeling well so he just picked me up some pasta from the Italian place down the street. And he got me flowers which was a surprise, however I think the smell of them is contributing to my headaches. We're not big on Valentine's Day celebrations and gifts. 
    My favorite is Christmas! I love everything about it... the happiness, music, lights/decorations, parties, etc. I start decorating/celebrating the day after thanksgiving. 
  • @ElleKH One of my good friends had a pretty substantially sized SCH, even had a few heavy bleeding episodes, and had very healthy twin boys who are now almost 4 years old. SCHs are scary, but there are a lot of success stories. It's encouraging that you haven't had any bleeding yet, and I'm glad you're feeling hopeful. Take care of yourself and LO, and definitely keep us updated!  

• @ashley2824  My brother got me some Lillies once... they were the most beautiful flowers but they killed me, lol.  I had headaches for days before I realized what it was. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

•  I feel like I need to get everyone diamonds, when I just want... Like a pack of lint rollers or something. 
    Haha, this is so me! I want to give everyone their favorite gift they've ever gotten... every single year. This isn't possible. And then I'm just over here saying "ummm... I like lipgloss" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ahhh, my 2 year old just kneed me in the stomach really hard, it was an hour ago and still feels sore. Should I be concerned with the baby?
  • Ahhh, my 2 year old just kneed me in the stomach really hard, it was an hour ago and still feels sore. Should I be concerned with the baby?
    No worries. Baby is nestled behind your pelvic bone until 12+ weeks. A knee to the stomach won't hurt baby although it certainly isn't fun.