July 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday 2/15

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday 2/15

• @MrsLa3 Without asking?  I don't understand why anyone thinks that's okay. 

I just had a mental image of a stranger touching me.  In that daydream, I grabbed imaginary stranger's boob and said, "Oh, is this weird for you?  I thought maybe today was Unsolicited Touching Day.  My bad." 

In reality, I would probably end up in jail or something if I tried that.  One can dream.
  • @Twinkiedoll Unfortunately, I would totally be the type to do something like that, or at least if other person has a pouchy tummy, feel and rub theirs too. Lol my hubby isn't one for rubeing my belly, so it feels even more awkward when someone else does that.
  • Loading the player...
  • OK, so because showers are coming up as a topic item, I need some help! I'm a STM and I am working in a new office since the first kiddo and I'm worried that they are going to try to throw something for me, but I'm not sure how to avoid it... recent scenarios: a STM had a work shower where everyone put in $ for a giftcard they did a big cake. Same happened with another STM but she got a taco bar party. And, a FTM didn't want a shower because she was senior to everyone and didn't feel comfortable- I totally get it, they threw one anyway. I'm a STM and by the time it gets close, I will have finalized my promotion and be making 40-60k/year more than most people in the group of people that would be throwing it. I'm just not sure how to say to our cupcake lady and party organizer "if you're thinking of it, please dont." Suggestions?
  • I never mind when people touch my belly if it's done quickly (no one has touched me yet this pregnancy). But if you hold both hands on my belly and linger there for more than two seconds?? That is too much, back off please. 
  • OK, so because showers are coming up as a topic item, I need some help! I'm a STM and I am working in a new office since the first kiddo and I'm worried that they are going to try to throw something for me, but I'm not sure how to avoid it... recent scenarios: a STM had a work shower where everyone put in $ for a giftcard they did a big cake. Same happened with another STM but she got a taco bar party. And, a FTM didn't want a shower because she was senior to everyone and didn't feel comfortable- I totally get it, they threw one anyway. I'm a STM and by the time it gets close, I will have finalized my promotion and be making 40-60k/year more than most people in the group of people that would be throwing it. I'm just not sure how to say to our cupcake lady and party organizer "if you're thinking of it, please dont." Suggestions?
    Honestly, if people are hell bent on doing something for you, they're going to do it. I think a gift card and cake from coworkers is a really sweet gesture and I would just accept it politely. Who doesn't like to eat cake?? But, if they ask for your input, I would simply say you have everything you need and would prefer to skip it. I have no problem being blunt like that, but it would depend on the circumstance for sure. In most cases, if it was just a small polite gesture from the team, I would just roll with it. Congrats on the promotion!! 
  • @JmUDuuuukes 07 I have found that sometimes the party planners just want to throw a party, even if it's just a gift card and cake. I'd let them do it if it's the norm for your office. Sometimes they can get super offended if you decline. Tread lightly but if asked, tell them you already have everything you need, like mrscate88 said. 
  • My MIL insists on throwing a shower. I am not due until July 23. MIL wants to have the shower when SIL is in town so she wants to do it the last week of April. That seems too early to me and I just feel like anything can happen. but it's important to MIL that SIL is there. Is it weird to have a shower that early?
  • A random lady at the gym always touches my belly and it's usually when I'm lifting or doing something so I can't run away. After or while touching my belly she always says, oh sorry. 
    W.T.F!!! She touches your belly while you're lifting??? She sounds completely psycho. I would talk to the front desk and complain that you're being inappropriately touched by another member. That's completely unacceptable! 
  • A random lady at the gym always touches my belly and it's usually when I'm lifting or doing something so I can't run away. After or while touching my belly she always says, oh sorry. 
    I just read this. Is this person ... well... sane?! Is she old? I'm so confused while imagining this. And you don't say anything?! How often does this happen. Her doing this is crazy enough but you honestly shouldn't be allowing it! 
  • @Twinkiedoll I don't think that's too early as long as you are comfortable with it.  I had mine at 29 weeks last time because I was flying to MD from HI for it and it was tough coordinating schedules with my cousins who were throwing it.  In some ways it was nice to have it early because I had plenty of time to wash the baby clothes and set up the nursery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My MIL insists on throwing a shower. I am not due until July 23. MIL wants to have the shower when SIL is in town so she wants to do it the last week of April. That seems too early to me and I just feel like anything can happen. but it's important to MIL that SIL is there. Is it weird to have a shower that early?
    My sister had her "sprinkle" for her late March baby in November! I'm trying to picture having had my shower already! haha
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • So it's Thursday, but this happened on Wednesday.  I was SO pumped last night because I left work and knew I was going to drop by a neighbors house to pick up a fetal doppler she had and wasn't using anymore.  I have really been wanting to hear my baby's heartbeat and my next appointment isn't for three weeks.  She had to leave so she left it on the porch in a small bag for me with extra gel (so, so sweet).  When we went to pick it up it wasn't there.  Some asshole ran off with it.  I cried the whole way home.

What made me the most angry was that someone grabbed it and ran, probably opened it and was like WTF is this? and dumped it in a trashcan.  I was so ready to get that thing up and running and my mother is a pro with those as she used to work in an OB/GYN office and was a L&D nurse as well.  DH was so sweet and started calling every Babies 'R' Us in the area to see if they had any and of course they didn't, but he made me feel better.  My mom surprised me by ordering one from Amazon and it'll be here on Friday, so at least that'll be a good ending to the week.  But THAT was my seriously WTF Wednesday.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline I stand by my statement that people are A$$holes!  So sorry, but look forward to Friday and you'll get to hear the heartbeat whenever you want!!! (We got our doppler on Monday and it was the sweetest pre-valentines day ever!)  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @supermom83 @BusyZee She used to be my trainer so she thinks it's ok. I glare at her every time and she apologizes. It's still weird though. 
  • Hahaha this is making me laugh More I think about it. Crazy people @alcrimmins