February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread/Labor Watch/Stillpregnant Chatter w/o 2/13

Re: Symptoms Thread/Labor Watch/Stillpregnant Chatter w/o 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • Haha same here... every time I get up at night to pee he goes "are you in labor?"
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @peachesnbean Mine told me they would rather me not take Emergen-C and just get vitamin C through normal food/drink sources. I have been drinking some warm water with lemon though and that seems to be helping a bit! I'm glad your contractions stopped while you were sick! Isn't it amazing what our bodies know to do?!
  • I think I'm starting to lose my mucous plug! I'm excited and hope she'll come on her own so otherwise we're inducing in Friday.   

Zumba? I'm sooo impressed!
  • I love my family but every time I get a call or text....are you in labor? is baby coming yet? any signs? it's like AHHHH you will be told when I am giving birth. It is frustrating to me lately because although I am 75% effaced I am still stuck at 1 cm dilated, and if I don't give birth by Monday, my dr will be scheduling my induction at my Monday check up. I tried pep talking this little one to come out, and I did have my show yesterday....but other than some spaced out stronger contractions today...nothing seems to be going on.  
  • Now I'm being told my fluids are high and we need to watch it.  Anyone experiencing this?
  • All those fun contractions I had Sunday and Monday, went away on Tuesday and unfortunately haven't returned  :/ . I have an appointment tomorrow and I am going to ask her to do a membrane sweep, if she doesn't offer first. I know I'm only 39 weeks, but I am so tired and ready for this baby to come out! I hate not having any energy to actively play with my 2 and 3 year old, let alone do all the other house crap I'm supposed to do. 
  • edited February 2017
    @jlellis603 I feel the same way about the possibility of having a march baby. Ds2's second birthday is Friday and that's the only day I'm hoping he won't come out, other than that, I hope he comes soon. Like others too, my patience is wearing thin and I'm in a bummer, crabby mood. 
  • @jlellis603, I didn't have any progress on the day of my appointment when I was overdue and had a baby like 6 hours later. So no progress doesn't mean it won't happen on its own!! But I'm the same as you with the LEEP and contractions (and previous fast labor) and nervous about when it will happen!
  • i hear you @MissMerciBeaucoup. up until this point i have been super anti-induction for myself. Because I am AMA my doctor offered it after 38 weeks. But now on day 10 of prodromal labor and officially 40 weeks today that induction is sounding more and more enticing.

My post date induction is scheduled for Feb 25. Can't promise I will make it to then especially if night time labor that does nothing persists. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Can I just say how happy I am that most of my family doesn't have social media or the knowledge to text me on a cell phone to harass me about baby coming? That sounds so rough for all of you going through it, makes me glad I am not working anymore and hearing, "how are you feeling?" 50 times a day.
     Those Zumba videos posted look awesome and I might have to try them soon because I am not walking nearly as much as I should be lately. As for baby positioning and progress, well I'm still only at 38weeks, and I have an appointment this Friday, but I don't think I am that much further along. I was looking at my tummy today and kind of thinking I might have dropped a bit... though that might all be in my head.  I know I have no new symptoms, save for noticing how hard it is to move in certain ways and bend over, can definitely feel that baby is bigger. I guess it's just keep on keeping on. We're all doing awesome I think :)
  • jlellis603jlellis603 member
    edited February 2017

Here's a fun new symptom today: I can't breathe. It feels like someone is stepping on my chest and/or throat and I can't get a deep breath in. Which is strange because the baby dropped a long while ago. I guess he's probably just getting so big that I have no space left? I don't know but it sure is annoying.

• CornchipLACornchipLA member
    edited February 2017
    @krob My dr said she'd induce during the 39th week due to me also being AMA and she pushed it to tmr (39+5) this kid is huge I can't wait.  I can appreciate what you must be feeling 
  • +1 anti induction with this kiddo since I was induced with #1 at 37wks, and still have regrets about not fighting it a bit longer.
    However, now that my due date is almost here (19th) and I'm more pregnant than I've ever been, Oh how tempting that offer would be if it was given to me now! My midwives won't induce till 42wks... so it's mostlikley not going to be an issue--but boy is the patiently waiting for natural labor hard! 

• Have any of you noticed LESS Braxton hicks? For awhile I was having them all the time and the closer I get to my due date, the less frequent I feel like they are becoming. Maybe just because soon they will be real contractions instead? 
  • lfrank12 said:
    Have any of you noticed LESS Braxton hicks? For awhile I was having them all the time and the closer I get to my due date, the less frequent I feel like they are becoming. Maybe just because soon they will be real contractions instead? 
    I've definitely had less lately. It can be discouraging, but I am trying to keep the "i trust my body, I trust my baby" mantra in my head and not stress.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• kjd291 said:
    +1 anti induction with this kiddo since I was induced with #1 at 37wks, and still have regrets about not fighting it a bit longer.
    However, now that my due date is almost here (19th) and I'm more pregnant than I've ever been, Oh how tempting that offer would be if it was given to me now! My midwives won't induce till 42wks... so it's mostlikley not going to be an issue--but boy is the patiently waiting for natural labor hard! 

I am super anti-induction. My MW said we can push it to 42 weeks... maybe a day or so more. I am trying not to think about it. I am 3 days post dates, DD2 was 8 days post dates and she came just fine. I keep reminding myself of that. 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• I am invited to an all weekend bachelorette party about 2 hours from home in a month. I literally responded to the invite yesterday with "I am starting to feel like I could STILL be pregnant so sorry not sorry but I am not going to commit to anything right now" ... I have been lucky, I haven't had any real discomfort (my back pain is less even now than when I am not pregnant- I have back issues) and my biggest complaint would be my heartburn, but even that is only a couple times a week and pretty minor overall.

I am due 2/19 but my husband is home this week and goes back to working out of state Tuesday if baby isn't here, so hurry up already little guy!!!

Also, I really don't mind getting asked 50 times a day when this baby is coming-- I work in a nursing home, sometimes the same resident might ask 5 times in one day when I am due and I think it's kind of cute-- BUT. Last week when I was checking out at a store, the cashier asked when I was due and then asked if we are excited. Ummm? I kind of wanted to respond with something really snarky. Little late to not want a baby, don't you think? Could you really not be excited for a baby to be here when you are over 39 weeks pregnant? I totally understand being impatient for baby to be here or being uncomfortable- but would anyone really say they arent excited???
  • @krob I'm so sorry you are going through all the prodromal labor with no obvious progress!  I can't imagine how frustrating that must be!  But hopefully it is preparing your body, and your actual labor will be of the easy and quick variety!
  • +1 to noticing less BH. BUT I am having more contractions and they are getting more painful the further I get. They aren't doing anything as far as progress goes but I my fiancé keeps saying the baby is just getting ready so they are less frequent and more intense... I'll take it I guess ;)
  • @CornchipLA this is quite the experience isn't it???

Dr visit today was better at least. 1cm dialated 70% effaced. Had some watery leakage/discharge last night so had to be checked with speculum to see if it was my water. It wasn't. 

Grabbed some lunch and walked up a hill a few times since they said baby was high. Had a much bigger leakage/discharge after that. Gonna give it an hour then probably head in to the hospital to be checked again. 

Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • +1 to less BH also. . . it makes me feel like I'm going to go past my EDD (2/22). Glad to hear that others are have less too. Maybe it doesn't mean anything!
  • To those of you who are AMA and being offered inductions at 39 weeks: Have they mentioned the reasoning for inducing early? I just turned 36 yo. and am seeing a MW practice and it's never been brought up. . . but I don't want to be putting baby or myself at risk
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    +1 to less BH!!

@peachesnbean sorry you're post dates again-but it's nice to know your body has done it once before, and can do it on its own again! (Although Im sure it doesn't make it any easier to be doing it again) Hopefully any day now!
  • Good luck @krob pls let us know what they say.  Maybe that kid will surprise you tonight!  

+1 for less BH but she's so low now I have that new discomfort 

@margie2210 there is some opinion that there is a higher risk of still birth in AMA moms that go 40 weeks or more but if your dr monitors you closely the risk is less (my understanding from what my dr said) I think it's still rare but check with it dr as that may be more for moms over 40.  
  • Anyone have super sore nips at 39 weeks? I haven't touched them at all and they like ache constantly. They look normal and I am not leaking or anything either. I'm slightly terrified of what happens after the baby comes if they hurt now just resting comfortably in a bra! 
  • Still preggers here too! I went to my appointment yesterday and I'm still only like 25% effaced and 1 cm dilated. (3 weeks in a row!) My OB did try to do a membrane sweep but she said it was really hard to do anything and it was super painful since I wasn't soft or dilated enough for it. I think I'm going to go for a long walk and eat some pineapple lol. Maybe that will spark something. I just hope he's not like his brothers and go over 40 weeks because I'm super uncomfortable. 
  • Ugh, just got hit with a sudden migraine - nausea and all. And feeling a little dizzy and very tired. I'm not sure how I'm going to make through the rest of the work day staring at a screen.