February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (2/13)

Re: Weekly Randoms (2/13)

• Anyone doing anything exciting for Valentine's Day? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @madamerwin nice!! congrats on your new car :-)
  • @madamerwin, congrats on the new car! We went car shopping when I was 36 weeks pregnant (the weekend before my ECS) and that was brutal. I can't imagine being 39w!

I'm stuck in the house with the baby, so it doesn't look like H is getting a Valentine's Day card (or gift) this year. Ooops. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @madamerwin congrats on the car!

We're ordering in. Going to eat a ridiculous amount of Chinese food and open up a bottle of wine. I'm only having a small glass but looking forward to it none the less!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @madamerwin congrats! In Afghan tradition you have to eat something sweet in your car to bring sweetness to your being in the car
  • Sigh. This is more of Monday BF /FWP. But every day at around 3 I waddle to the 3rd floor from the basement to make my cup of RRL tea in the office with the good tea kettle. Today I forgot my tervis cup and they don't keep cups in there (BYOC) lol. So I thought, okay, I'll go to the coffee cart in the building next door and get a tea but add my own bag. I get over there and realize I forgot my wallet. I could go back (and back again) but it's chilly outside and I'm sick of running into people who feel the need to make "the joke" AKA - "wow! Still no baby? She's going to be in there forever!"

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Since we didn't start a BF this week I'm posting here. Totally FWP but in combination with the fact that I am still pregnant, having prodromal labor and showing no signs of moving things along, I feel like I am entitled to my complete overreaction at the moment.

Back in November Uppababy released its new line of Vista strollers in new colors. I fell in love with the Henry/Blue Marl and placed an order even tho it wasn't scheduled to be delivered til Feb. 

Called the store today to check and see when the strollers were being shipped and was told that my color is on back order due to inventory issues til March or April!!!! WTF!!!!! 

I can't decide what to do now. Logically the choice would be to just pick another color. But with all the aforementioned situations/emotions I am currently experiencing I want to throw a full on temper tantrum. I don't want another freaking color!!!! 

Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @krob, are they back ordered everywhere or just that store?  I love our Vista and the new line is gorgeous

• i may have found one nordstrom on west coast that has one. i have to wait til 10am PST to see if they have it. 

just got got off the phone with Uppababy and they were completely unhelpful 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @krob I'm sorry you're having issues with your store, but I just wanted to say, solid stroller choice. The weather is finally letting us test out our vista, and it's a great stroller. You'll love it, no matter which colour you get in the end...
  • @krob no advice, but I just looked it up and what a sexy stroller. I'd be pissed too. Totally justified. The blue is great with the tan on the handles too. I'd wait it out, if possible. That's definitely the best color! 
  • Since there is no appointments thread this week and I'm too lazy to start one, I'm just going to leave this here...

I had my 39w appointment yesterday, and since I have GD, they want to induce me at 40 weeks. I had a cervix check, and I am 1-2cm dilated, cervix is "super soft," baby's head is "super low" (she could easily touch it), but I am not terribly thinned out yet. Bishop score was a 7, and they like you to be at an 8 before induction. She stretched my cervix a little bit, and if I don't progress any more by Monday they will insert a foley bulb to stretch me out more before inducing.

Going to acupuncture today, going to do a LOT of walking, and hopefully I will either go into labor before my induction, or at least progress on my own enough that it goes smoothly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @krob Oh damn, you inspired me to go check out the 2017 Vistas. Those are gorgeous. I'm glad I didn't know about them before I found mine on craigslist. I woulda caved and got the Bordeaux one for SURE. My husband would have been furious that I bought a stroller to match my favourite coat, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I will tag on your BF with a Vista related one of my own. That lovely bassinet? The one that I was planning on being able to use for at least 4 months? If kiddo keeps growing at his current rate (all length) he will be too long for the stupid thing by next week. It's crazy. He's going to outgrow the vista bassinet and the Halo WAY TOO SOON to justify the money I spent on them... whoops. 
  • @krob I'm a huge baby wearer so my kids almost a month old and never been in a stroller. I'd hold out! 

We have a 2013 vista and love it. 
  • @krob I'd be pissed!! I can't believe they'd be back ordered that long

No big Valentines Day plans here, although I may surprise DH by straightening my hair and putting on makeup for the first time since DD was born lmao. MIL is throwing a hissy fit because she assumed she could come over for DD's first Valentines, umm no? This is after she showed up unannounced on Saturday demanding to be let in when she was SICK! Nose running, coughing, the works. And then she got all butt hurt that DH sent her away and didn't let her see DD. She's got baby rabies big time and I don't want to see her for months. I can't handle her whining and "me first" attitude.
  • @perrasucia when did you start him in a carrier? I tried my ring sling last night but got too nervous like I was making him all smushed and uncomfortable so I took him out. 
  • Agreed on the squishing. My wrap is like a magic calm-down spell when nothing else works
  • @homemake I even used my ring sling toward the end of DS's NICU stay to cuddle him while keeping my hands free. Both my babes have loved to be worn right away. 
  • @homemake I even used my ring sling toward the end of DS's NICU stay to cuddle him while keeping my hands free. Both my babes have loved to be worn right away. 
    When I tried it, it felt so awkward - maybe I'm not doing it right? I got nervous about his legs and hips being in the right position. 
  • @chef'swife @poetryandoceans and @PerraSucia and other wearing mamas-- I have a moby and a ring sling. we tried the moby yesterday - is there a trick to getting them in the hug hold in a correct seat? just practice? And I'm worried about head support- any ideas?

*I can move this to the babywearing thread if ppl want*
  • Pictures work best to help us figure out fit.  Maybe a FB babywearing thread?  

done!
    ^^that sounds like a good idea 
  • @homemake immediately when we left the hospita!. They want to be squished babies love being squished. 

@krob that's awesome. Who knew riverside would ever be exciting :p
    LOL 
  • If anyone wants the Uppa Vista on a discount, Albeebaby has the 2016 version 20% off.  Not the nice new leather handles, but still a fabulous stoller

• Started packing up the clothes today that baby never fit into...

And, sadly, all our newborn prefolds!!! We're already into size small of the GMD cloth-eez. Thank goodness I swiped the newborn size gently used! 

Also, @krob nice glitter fart!!! I'm so glad Nordstroms came through for you! 
  • @Patience7150, I prepped our size smalls yesterday because we have outgrown on newborn prefolds too.  We got a good month of use out of ours though!

• DS has decided the nipple shield is his. It's cute, because he wants to hold it in his sleep... but now that the milk is actually coming in, his grabbing it as soon as he lets go has resulted in him almost getting milk up the nose twice.  :D I have acquired ninja burp cloth skills to dab the raining milk.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @kswiger06 that's standard fare here :|
  • DD poops right after we give a bath every time! 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• This little guy seems to make it his mission to pee or poop everytime we change his diaper. No matter how prepared I feel to catch his pee before it's all over the place, it's all over the place. I lost count of number of times he's peed on everything around, but he has pooped 3 times now either mid wipe, or as I Vaseline him.

@WinchesterGirl I used to do spongebaths for our kids on our bed, so in my head as I read your story I was thinking "oh no, what about the comforter" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha @kswiger06 We did it on the kitchen counter with a travel changing pad and towel under him for cushion. You are brave to do that on your bed!  :#
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!