December 2016 Moms
Options

Moms with Toddlers - 2.13.17

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your baby(ies) this past week? 

What's your biggest challenge this week? 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What's one goal you have for yourself right now? Open question
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 2.13.17

• Options

Ok.  We have had lots of snow as of late, so theres just a lot of TV time and just hanging around the house.  But overall I feel like we are managing...

Reducing screen time.  We have gotten in the habit of having the TV on most of the day.  I want to be able to do more activities with DD1, but DD2 can be really demanding on top of trying to squeeze pumping in and just the day to day household stuff.  I think working toward a solid schedule/routine is what I need to do...

Rants/Raves/Questions:

The Ok to Wake clock has been working well!!  I highly recommend it for anyone dealing with sleep regression.  I will add that we also put a gate up in front of DD1's door now at night just for safety purposes since she was getting up in the middle of the night and wandering.  So sometimes we deal with her opening the door and yelling for us from the gate, but overall she understands that once the clock turns green its ok to get out of bed.

Next item to tackle soon will be taking the Paci away.... any tried and true methods?  She only has it for nap and bed time but its going to be a tough habit to break...

Get my pre-mommy me back.  I am saving up for my next tattoo which is helping me feel a little more like "me" and a good reminder that I am more than just a mom right now... I still have an identity that precedes that. And then working toward getting my body back before summer. Pumping is helping to keep weight gain at bay, but I am really not putting as much effort as I should be into making healthier eating choices. 

• Options
    Doing pretty good! We've found our new normal and DS has adjusted well to the baby

Returning to work Monday (today), closing on a house this Friday and moving this weekend...!!!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Being happy with myself, as is. Not the weight I want to be, the size I want to be, the Pinterest mom my son's peers mom's are....just me. I'm pretty cool, as I am
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Christinaruth74 we also need to break the paci here. She was only getting it for naps and bed but she regressed and now began for it whenever upset (which seems like it's all the time now). We put them up where she can't reach them and let her scream or ask if she's ready for bed because pacis are only allowed in bed. It's not going so great. 

I might just toss them all and deal with the screaming. Or cut the tip so she doesn't like it. I've read about having a send off ceremony like tying one to a balloon and releasing it but I'm not sure DD would tolerate that.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @sourlemon some mom's from my other BMB brought the pacis to the store and had their LOs pay for a new toy with the old pacis. We've toyed with doing something like that... I'm just terrified of the repercussions!