July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 2/14

Happy Valentines Day, Mamas!  I hope that all is well.  <3

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/14

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Ftm in our mid-30s, mmc in July2016 (should have been 12w, baby measured 9w2d), passed naturally

How far along are you? 
    18w5d

How are you doing? 
    Pretty good!  My belly finally popped last week.  I can still wear some of my pp clothes that are looser, but a lot of shirts are too short now.  With that belly comes interesting challenges getting comfortable in bed, while lying around with my laptop, etc.  This plays games with my pgal brain a little (now its more obvious to others, what happens if...)

Next Thursday, anatomy scan and monthly check in with my doc

The boutique baby store in my town is doing a President's Day sale, so we went and ordered the crib, dresser/changing table, car seat, and stroller this weekend.  We had been debating on their nicer, solid wood furniture versus cheaper stuff from Target/Ikea, but with the sale the prices they were within $50 and we decided to go with the nicer things.  It feels good to have some of these big purchases decided.  Now only a few hundred more smaller things!

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
    My office overlooks a graveyard!  I work in a building that used to be a catholic orphanage, and apparently these things were situated near one another?
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    I'm 23 now, husband is 20. We had a miscarriage in January 2015 at 5 weeks, natural. 

How far along are you? 
    19 weeks now! 
    How are you doing? 
    Waiting on that viability date. 
    Next Tuesday AS scan... can't even wait! 
    Can I rant for the upteen milionth time about the fact that I still have m/s and have days of horrible food aversions? I have oodles of food in the house. I want none of it. I'm probably going to have to go buy a bag of chips or something, and maybe a pizza just so I can actually consume food today. Even PB crackers taste like garbage to me and I couldn't stop eating them yesterday. It's killing my ability to budget for food and actually stick to it, it's stressing me and my husband out, and I never know when it's going to happen again. How do you plan for this crap!? I buy a couple days worth of groceries, I plan my meals for the week, all is going along fine, and then BAM. I wake up one morning and I can't eat any of it. 
    GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
    I don't have an office, so I guess my kitchen? Can't see much really, but the squirrels are sometimes amusing. 

Are you and I the only PGAL mama's left, or are we just the only ones participating?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  19w4days  I had a natural mc in July 2016 at 8weeks.

How are you doing? I'm here, but just keep missing these threads! Cruising along, just a bit of right lower back pain. Yoga seems to help, so I need to keep going. Bought some maternity jeans at H&M last week and they are so nice to wear. All my others were driving me crazy, even unbuttoned with a bella band. Have not need to trade out my shirts yet, just packed up the ones that were to tight on the boobs. 

When is your next appointment? AS on March 1. We are waiting to go public on social media until after then. I keep thinking something bad will happen as soon as I post it. Even though all our family and close friends know.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We are trying to buy a house before baby gets here and just learned it takes 60 days to close in NY. That means if we find something in March, we will be moving in June. That is soo close! 

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? I'm in NYC, so I mostly see other buildings. One of the windows in the building across the street at work has two cups of what looks like cut up watermelon and pineapple. It has been there for weeks. 
  • @mjacks16 I was waiting as long as possible to buy maternity, but I had to go get more shirts this weekend. I just had to pack up another 15 or so of my shirts because they were too small/too short. I'm trying really really hard to make it to Spring weather (I'm in PA) so I don't have to buy pants, I can just buy capris for maternity. If I can get to like mid March, I should be able to make it. Also, seriously?? Is it the same fruit?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @mjacks16 we just did a social media announcement yesterday, and I had an appointment today. I was sweating over it thinking I jinxed something but everything today went great. It's hard with PGAL brain!

Have not posted in I think two weeks here. Sorry ladies. I think I've been trying to pretend like I wasn't pg after loss for a little. Is that awful? idk. sigh. 

History - Two previous M/C. One at 6weeks and one at 9 weeks with D&C at 11 weeks. 

How far along are you?  19 weeks

How are you doing? I am doing well!! I definitely have my moments and get really nervous from time to time but everything is on track so the excitement is building v. the worry. 

When is your next appointment? second anatomy scan in two weeks. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Had an appointment today and got to see the babies in 3-d!!! IT was AMAZING.

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? Rockefeller Center! I watched ice-capades this morning on the rink. Not a bad view. ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    STM, lost my may baby in September.  

How far along are you? 
    18w1d

How are you doing? 
    I'm still sick, can't shake this sinus cold, still rocking the ms... the pgal worries don't appear much anymore however I think a lot about my May baby and torture myself by looking at the may hdbd pics every week.

AS on the 28th! Staying team green but there's a little peice of me hoping to catch a crotch glimpse! Lol.  I just don't want them to come out and say it.  Hahah

beautiful weather today, had a wonderful Der full Valentines day at home with my boys.  

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
    I can see the neighbours cows.  Lol.  We can't see anyone's house from ours.  The other morning there were 2 foxes playing in my front yard and last week there were 4 deer.  I love it out here
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @irishrose54 It's not bad. We never told any family that we had a loss, and it's nice to be in their space sometimes, where this is the first baby and there is no sadness with it at all. I was just worried that some other PGAL moms might have lost their babies and just never posted about it. I'm glad to here people are still here and doing good with their pregnancy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008

I actually don't know if I've posted in one of these before.  37 (almost 38), DH 35 (almost 36). Had a MMC in my first pregnancy that passed naturally at 9.5 weeks although baby was only measuring 6. 

How far along are you? 
    17w2d

How are you doing? I'm hanging in there.  Nausea still sticking around, but getting less tired which is nice. The PGAL brain is gone most days now, but with my A/S next week I'm starting to worry again. 

When is your next appointment? Anatomy scan 2/24

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: If my constipation/hemorrhoid/BM issues are this bad now, what are they going to be like in the 3rd trimester and after??

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?  Although not every office in my building has a window and I consider myself lucky to have one, it just looks out onto an internal courtyard so my view is of the offices across the courtyard, not very interesting. 
  • I agree with all of you.  Now that we are all further along, I think that the worries are less frequent but still pop up.  My guess date from my first baby was last week, so that keeps popping into my head.  I also have the jinx anxieties all the time (we did the social media announcement in the parking lot right after an appointment, just to get one last official verification that all was good before everyone knew).  There are days that I try to hide my bump, just in case.  {that paragraph makes it sound like I'm stressed all the time, but really I am doing ok}

Like @kerils said, I still really appreciate having this community with those who are in the same headspace (have had a loss and are doing well now in the middle of a pregnancy).  I don't think that there are other spaces like this.  TB's PAL board has women who are just getting over their loss or ttc.  Other groups have women who have lived through this, but have their rainbow babies, and it's harder for them to remember what it was like when they were X weeks pgal.  Sometimes it's really nice to have a group that's where you're at. :)
  • chamomile-2chamomile-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    35 FTM, MMC 3/2015, then no luck for a year+ so moved on to IUI and IVF, FET #1 worked!

How far along are you? 
    19 weeks 5 days!

How are you doing? 
    Still can't figure out how to eat! If I eat too much at one time I get a bad stomachache and if I eat fatty food I get a gallbladder attack because of stones I developed during the pregnancy (so, so painful). I'm down two pounds overall though at almost halfway through second trimester so I have to start putting on weight! Really hard to balance those, but thank goodness baby boy is measuring ahead at anatomy scan so he's certainly getting what he needs.

Just had anatomy scan last week which went great, next is a routine check March 8.

Finally told work and got really nice responses from my 100% male workplace! I work in a tech-heavy medical field and they've never had a woman in the division before, let alone a pregnant one, so I was a bit worried but they were all really happy and haven't treated me any differently since then.

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? My office is in the middle of the hospital so I don't have a window, boo. Out my door I can see the Keurig machine so I've been stocking decaf K-cups :)

@CPR79 a funny thing that finally got my very stuck GI system moving is kiwis! They were on sale so I was eating two a day as a snack, and combined with increased water intake and switching my morning English muffin to whole wheat, that has made a big difference for me!

@optbaby2017 and @kerils I totally agree about how helpful it is to hear from all of you who are balancing the mix of joy, fear, regret, and excitement which can be overwhelming at times. Those with a recent loss or those already hugging their rainbow babies are definitely at different places than we are. Hugs to all <3
  • How far along are you? 
    19w+2d

How are you doing? 
    Good! Been starving lately, which is a good change of pace.

Not this monday, but the following monday for a/s. 

None this week

My office window is frosted, so I can't see out of it. I can sometimes hear it when it rains lol. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was actually looking for this thread last week and must've missed it.

MMC March 15', resulted in D&C
    How far along are you? 
    will be 21 weeks tomorrow
    How are you doing? 
    Overall - great. I've been very lucky so far. Biggest thing I'm dealing with these days is being tired and achy as things continue to shift and get bigger. Sometimes notice it's been awhile since I've felt baby and start to worry a little and have to keep reminding myself it's totally normal. And then baby will be active for a ridiculous amount of time and all is well again :)
    Tuesday - follow up with OB post 2nd level A/S. 
    Rave: Baby seems to be perfect so far (see below).

Rant/Positive Vibe: Any little thing regarding possible diagnostic info that isn't 100% makes your head spin and it's annoying. Currently still unsure if my baby has a nasal bone or not, but I've decided after searching Dr Google that it's something difficult to find anyway on occasion and other tests rule out the main indicators of major issues, so I'm going to just go with I have a healthy baby looking and acting perfectly normal for now and be happy.

Rant: Having a low lying placenta with possible previa is annoying since I'm a little more restricted from here on out. Not that my body was physically going to let me go crazy or anything, but being told you can't do certain things is always hard. 
    Depends on the day and what window I choose at work. Last couple of weeks they've been planting trees, which has been an interesting process to watch (mature trees using trucks, not by hand).  At home I generally have a fairly good selection of wildlife (esp. birds) to see. Lots of cardinals and squirrels lately. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga