June 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change - 2/15

Wednesday ladies... I think we missed our check in last week!  I hope everyone is doing well.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How do/did you (and your partner if applicable) go about the process of selecting a name for LO (family names, meanings, cultural, Duggar/Kardashian style first name scheme, etc)? 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 2/15

• How far along are you? 23w

How big is baby? A grapefruit

Appointment updates?  I had a growth scan yesterday to check for IUGR from the 2VC issue.  Baby is doing great (large and in charge at 1lb 6oz) and my cyst is gone!  I have an appointment with my OB on Friday to review the scan and have this month's prenatal visit.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Heartburn is getting worse... way worse.  I'm still tired and eagerly awaiting any semblance of an energy surge. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I hate my house and can't wait to sell it!  So many issues in such a short span of time.  Definitely a money pit.

GTKY: How do/did you (and your partner if applicable) go about the process of selecting a name for LO (family names, meanings, cultural, Duggar/Kardashian style first name scheme, etc)?   All middle names are after family members we're close to (eg DS's middle name is my brother's name).  During our 3 years of IF treatment, we had lots of time to think about first names.  We want 5 kids so we started with a list of 5 boy names and 5 girl names.  All first names are Celtic in origin - DS is Maddox, DD is Mackenzie.  This LO will be Aiden for a boy or Bridgette (or Bridget... still flip flopping) for a girl.
  • How far along are you? 25 weeks, 14 to go! 98 days!!

How big is baby? Size of a prairie dog, 13.5 inches and 1.5 lbs  

Appointment updates? Had routine last Friday. Scheduled c section date and glucose test for next appt.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Just getting larger and harder to do daily tasks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I'm super super bummed that the hospital will not allow photographers in the OR. Rave: C section date is scheduled! I can arrange family/pet care.

GTKY: How do/did you (and your partner if applicable) go about the process of selecting a name for LO (family names, meanings, cultural, Duggar/Kardashian style first name scheme, etc)? 

With DD, we had one name picked out (Stella) because my husband drank the beer so much. A week before she came, he threw out the name Evelyn. We had two names on our list and the moment we saw her, we knew she looked like an Evelyn. 

With this guy, it's been a struggle. We go back and forth. He wants to name the little guy after his dad ( Everett). I love the name but I don't want my dad having hard feelings. I would name him after my dad ( Sam) but husband shot that down. So far we have settled on Weston James.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Elyse1384 I have a friend who is pregnant with a two vessel cord. Her DD is doing remarkably well too! I'm so happy to hear your LO is doing great. Will you have to start more frequent monitoring soon? Will they induce early if growth slows down? Are you taking anything for the heartburn? Zantac 160mg has been working great for me!!
  • @itsfine congrats on the schedule c section date!  I know my SIL always had a wave of relief when she got her dates nailed down and could plan accordingly for her other kids. 

My OB mentioned that I will have monthly scans until the 3rd tri (so I guess one more in a month) and then we will discuss more frequent monitoring plans.  If they note lack of growth, they want the baby out early and the plan would be to induce and let me birth vaginally.  He did mention the off chance of a c section if the baby is breech and/or shows any issue during NSTs which I think I will get more regularly near the end?  Is your friend having that done as well?  

Sadly I've tried almost everything for heartburn and nothing has worked (Tums, Zantac, cutting out trigger foods).  The same thing happened with my last pregnancy.  Ugh... the worst!  My reflux/heartburn was so bad with DD that I developed chronic cough and actually bruised my ribs a couple of weeks before delivery.  Boy did that hurt!  My side looked nasty after a very loud "pop" one night.  Praying I don't have a repeat.   
  • @Elyse1384 my friend is around 29 weeks right now and she will start we bi-weekly NSTs. She will get growth scans every two weeks. If at any point they notice distress or no growth they will induce her and let her delivery vaginally. Doctors are being hopeful and think she may be able to make it to her due date! 

I'm sorry about your heartburn. I had it horribly with my first so I know just how you feel. Water even gave me issues. The things we go through for these littles...
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks!! V-Day!! *happy dance*

How big is baby? Cantaloupe or GI Joe

Appointment updates? Next week regular check up!

Any new symptoms or changes? Hopping on the heartburn train.. whoo-whoo! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 16 weeks to go!!!! 

GTKY: How do/did you (and your partner if applicable) go about the process of selecting a name for LO (family names, meanings, cultural, Duggar/Kardashian style first name scheme, etc)? With DD we decided on a variation of my mom's name (Aleida). Her middle name has DH's name incorporated. With this baby we might do another A name after DH. No idea yet on the middle name.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• It's been a while since I've posted on the weekly.  Sorry!!!
    @elyse1384 So glad the cyst is gone, but the heartburn and money pit suck.
    @yailani23 Yay for V-day!
    @itsfine Congrats on the c-section date!  I'm sure it's nice to get that in the books.

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? a guinea pig or a corn on the cob

Appointment updates? Nope, still good for a few more weeks.

Any new symptoms or changes?  I'm starting to have trouble getting out of bed or off the couch.  Bending is a whole thing.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? As long as snow holds out for the weekend forecast in Mass, I will head down to NJ for the weekend.  My mom had surgery yesterday (she made it out and has so far recovered wonderfully!).  I was told by her that if there is any snow in the forecast I am not allowed to make the drive (DH has to work all weekend).  Friday night I'm going to try and get to my 8yr old niece's last basketball game and surprise her.  My sister has facetimed me for a few minutes on a couple of them and she is a nut on the court, so I'm eager for that.  I didn't tell anyone outside of my immediate family that I'm coming home too, so it will be a strictly family trip and that makes me happy.  Fingers crossed the forecast doesn't change.

GTKY: How do/did you (and your partner if applicable) go about the process of selecting a name for LO (family names, meanings, cultural, Duggar/Kardashian style first name scheme, etc)? I really like to use family names if we can.  We decided we wanted one of the names to be in honor of MIL for this LO.  In Jewish tradition you use the first letter of the deceased's first name for the first letter of the middle name.  So the middle name will start with S whether boy or girl.  Going forward I don't know what we will do.  
  • I haven't posted here in a while either!
    @Elyse1384 such great news! And that is really fun that you are naming your kids from a Celtic origin.
    @itsfine so crazy that you know the day your baby will be born now! Did you pick one day over another for any reason or was it just like "here is the day you need to do it"?
    @berg I am with you on the difficulty getting up and down. I don't remember it starting so early with my others.

How far along are you? 
    22w today

How big is baby? 
    A coconut, and it feels like it, too! TB app says baby should be around 15.1 oz right now and since I was tracking like 1.5 oz more than what they said at my 19w scan, I am betting my baby is over a lb! That is so exciting to me.

Appointment updates?
    Nothing worth noting until 28w when I do the glucose test and get another u/s due to a placenta issue I have.

Any new symptoms or changes?  
    My heartburn is so so bad. It's so crazy to me how I can NEVER have it when I am not pregnant but as soon as I am halfway with every pregnancy it becomes a pretty much daily thing no matter what I eat. I think I need to take @itsfine suggestion and get on some Zantac. I've just been taking Tums but some nights I take 3 in an hour!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I jinxed myself on the board yesterday by saying we hadn't had any sickness yet this winter...literally spent all last night puking. :(

We haven't picked a name yet but speaking of the Duggars, my first 2 have J names and people cannot believe that we have no intention of naming the third with a J. I actually had a friend tell me this weekend that they are going to have a complex because I didn't stick with the naming trend for them. Give me a break!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016