Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread [Week of 2/13]

izza2izza2 member
edited February 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Welcome, new members!

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP, and about our community here on TB.

Once you feel comfortable, feel free to jump in to any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Please introduce yourselves, and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. 

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Newbie Intro Thread [Week of 2/13]

• @darkrose88 Sorry to see you back, but welcome.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • @NYTino24 Thanks! I'm so sorry to see you are back here too :(
  • darkrose88 - I'm so so sorry to see you back here.  I hope your trip back here is short and you get your take home baby soon.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • **TW** Foster/adoption/MC/family death mentioned

Good evening everyone. I'm Heidi, I am a very new lurking member. 

Ages (you and SO): I just turned 35, DH just turned 50 (but acts like he is 12 most of the time)

How many months have you been TTC? about 26 months this time. (I was married before and my ExDH also had MIF, we tried for a family for a few years (3-4?) then we tried foster adoption and XDH stopped us from moving forward after a failed placement- he wanted nothing more to do with what he believed was a rigged system) At that time I was quite to lurker (and occasionally commented) on adoption and foster boards. So when we decided to get some professional help starting our family I thought I should see what support groups are out there. My current DH was also married prior (20+ years ago) and his ex wife had lupus. They MC about 4 times before my DH was informed of why. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? IUI this month (I am currently on day 4 of 5 with 50mg Clomid) Ultrasound on Monday to check progress, will find out then when I can take my trigger shot. This is our first "assisted" attempt.

I am self employed (16 years) and love it. Crazy job in Escrow but wouldnt ever change it. My husband is Australian and between us we have 5 bur babies... My parents died when I was young, my DH has no family here, but is also  was not close to his family after he left home for the army at 16. He comes from a very TWIN HEAVY family. DH Parents had twin girls, single girl, twin boys (premie, my DH was the only one to survive) and then single girl. His older "single" sister has twins (boy/girl) and I believe there is another set of twins, but I cant recall who had them. All naturally occurring. 

Very few friends even know about our fertility struggles. My DH is private, doesnt like to share. Its a hard balance for me. I want the information and support, but everyone we know already have their families and none had issues. They are well meaning, but its awkward too.

Since we don't have family, we have both always been very community minded with volunteer work. My husband is a Vol FF, an FF instructor and Tx A&M TEEX, I was a EMT, we both serve in various capacities in church (Worship team, Sunday school etc) and we work with a TX St Bernard Rescue.

When not at work or volunteering, remodeling has been a fun past time for me. (DH tolerates it)

• Welcome @Knottie83687999! Log into The Knot and change your username so we can recognize you and tag you easily. Hope your stay here is short and sweet! :)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Ages (you and SO): 

I'm 26 and DH is 25

How many months have you been TTC?

0, we're not trying officially until May but we're not preventing 100%

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tracking my cycles again because I didn't have a PP period for almost 9 months. 

We have an almost 10 month old son and can't wait to give him a little bro/sis to play with! We'd really like our children close in age. :)

• Thanks NYTino!  I just changed it, but not sure if that means any posts prior to changing it will show the new name or not!