July 2017 Moms

Weekly symptoms 2/13

2»

Re: Weekly symptoms 2/13

• @PurplePumpernickel  My doctor said NO to cocoa butter lotion.  There is a correlation between fetal heart arrhythmia and women that use cocoa butter.  I was using it but stopped and opted for just Shea butter instead.   
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @PurplePumpernickel
    no, but maybe I should consider it - it snuck up on me because I wasn't checking my boobs for it! So far haven't had any where else. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • @PurplePumpernickel  My doctor said NO to cocoa butter lotion.  There is a correlation between fetal heart arrhythmia and women that use cocoa butter.  I was using it but stopped and opted for just Shea butter instead.   
    Huh, I didn't know that. I thought stretch marks are genetic anyway?

Yes to everything you ladies are describing. Bleeding gums, loss of bladder control (blowing my nose is awful! I'm a STM, but no bladder issues before this pregnancy - @LuLiLaEv)...and tonight, I had a foot cramp for about 10 minutes that brought me to tears. I'm already taking magnesium :/

On the plus side, my headaches have finally subsided. I'm 20+2, and haven't had one in at least a week.
    I hadn't heard of this either but will ask my OB about it. I just use coconut oil. 
  • @mrscate88 & @virginiaunicorn11 I hadn't either, but after we left the doctor, I did a quick goggle search and there is was.  I called my sister (she's an NP) and she looked up some studies (non-goggle) as well.  There is caffeine in the cocoa butter and even thou it's a low dose because of how your body absorbs/metabolizes it, it can cause issues. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @virginiaunicorn11 Whether or not you will get stretch marks is mostly genetic, but moisturizer and staying hydrated can't hurt ;)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @virginiaunicorn11
    For the foot cramps, I like yoga toes!   They're the as seen on tv but they work......I haven't had a ton yet.
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    I can't with the bladder control issues that started this week! I had a really hard time with things like running/ jumping jacks etc after having DD and it took several months to finally be able to do those types of things again and now when I sneeze or even just going to the bathroom I feel like my bladder is emptied and I stand up and pee a little more! :| I don't even know what to do to try to help now cause the only thing that worked was time after having DD. It's going to be a long time until July if this keeps up...
    Any STMs have this issue or am I just special?!
    Mine have been here for a long while....any time I puke with morning sickness, I instantly pee. A few times this past week we have all had influenza and I have full on peed myself coughing. It's so horrible!!!! My husband said I should get depends...and I think I might. It's getting to be insane. I'm terrified it will happen in public. Honestly, I never got my bladder control back after DS. Ugh..
  • Can I rant for the upteen milionth time about the fact that I still have m/s and have days of horrible food aversions at 19 weeks? I have oodles of food in the house. I want none of it. I'm probably going to have to go buy a bag of chips or something, and maybe a pizza just so I can actually consume food today. Even PB crackers taste like garbage to me and I couldn't stop eating them yesterday. It's killing my ability to budget for food and actually stick to it, it's stressing me and my husband out, and I never know when it's going to happen again. How do you plan for this crap!? I buy a couple days worth of groceries, I plan my meals for the week, all is going along fine, and then BAM. I wake up one morning and I can't eat any of it. It seriously tastes like garbage to me, and I can't stomach more than one or two bites. Otherwise I would just fight through it, but it's impossible. Then I try to convince myself for 2 hours that I can eat something else I have while I get hungrier and hungrier and finally break down and go buy something else. This normally lasts for a couple days when it hits, but there is no rhyme, reason, or schedule to it. This round has been going on since Monday and it's only gotten worse. I'm sure it will get better again, but I'm just so tired of it. 

Just a side note: I am extremely grateful that I have only vomited twice in this pregnancy (one time barely even counted).  I'm also extremely grateful that nothing else has gone wrong with this pregnancy. But this is total and complete nonsense. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Does anyone else have a lopsided bump?  I woke up this morning and my right side is sticking much farther out that my left.  It's a lot higher than where baby is - like in the middle of my torso about 3-4 inches above my belly button.  Must be organs shifting or something, right?
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy Mine goes lopsided, but I'm pretty sure it's due to the baby. It's never been that high for me. Did it straighten back out? Mine normally does within a few minutes, which is why I think it's the baby. And I've felt him move in that area when it's bumped out, and actually saw my stomach move when he shifted once. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Iv realized that iv lost all tone in my lower abs and I want to build it back, what should I do? Sitting around and eating and practically doing nothing is catching up to me and I realized this last night. Couldn't sleep that well after that lol 

• @kerils It hasn't shifted back yet - still lumpy lol.  My torso is incredibly short so there's not a lot of extra room in there.  I'm guessing it's an organ or something that's just been shifted out of place.  Hopefully my left side catches up soon because this is weirding me out!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy Lol maybe. My diaphragm, way higher than baby, is puffed out unnecessarily and it's weirding me out. I almost want the baby up there just so the extra bump/roll doesn't look so weird. Of course then I won't be able to breath. I used to have a noticeable indent between my ribs, but not anymore.
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @spongeworthy  Mine is usually lopsided in the mornings, but I am pretty sure it's baby girl nestled up on one side or the other from me sleeping on my side (because, gravity) and it usually evens out after I stand up for a few minutes. like @kerils said, mine isn't that high though, it's usually where I assume the top of my uterus is. It first happened 2 week ago I think and it was about an inch below my belly button. Now recently it's been right about at my belly button maybe a smudge higher. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Two odd symptoms and not sure if they are related. I thought I was having Braxton-hicks last night but it was more like a tightening feeling (like that knot you get in your stomach when you are really anxious or embarrassed) that was constant and it was my whole midsection it felt like. It lasted all night and was better by the time I woke up. 

Secondly my bloat/chub (I seriously felt only fat this pregnancy) turned very hard/firm -  the way my pregnant belly has been in the past almost overnight a couple days ago. Had you touched my belly on Friday you would have thought tacos, now it's baby belly. Even DH noticed. 
  • BusyZee said:
    Iv realized that iv lost all tone in my lower abs and I want to build it back, what should I do? Sitting around and eating and practically doing nothing is catching up to me and I realized this last night. Couldn't sleep that well after that lol 

Honestly, it helps if you still suck it in, it is good for your posture to keep your core engaged as well. It won't hurt baby, and will help you bounce back more quickly as well.
  • Yes to the bladder control issues! I finally had it back in control after dd and it's starting all over again! Lol

I'm sure it's just my joints loosening and such but my left hip keeps popping out of place and I can barely move when it happens. My chiro just has me pop in quick and resets it without an appt or charging. Yay me! Ha!

Also, I'm having so much arthritis in my left (dominant) hand. Mainly my ring finger through my wrist and inbetween my thumb and pointer finger to my wrist. 
  • Andddd the left upper butt Cheek pinching pain has started again. I wonder why it goes away and comes back again so annoying. 
  • @BusyZee Not to be the bearer of bad news, but sounds like it might be sciatica. It comes and goes because it depends on whether the nerve is getting pressed on or not (aka baby moves). I couldn't walk last Thursday, but then it got better, and I haven't had it again since.It's almost definitely going to come back and get worse as the baby and uterus gets bigger though. But you can use a heat pad, or cold pack, and do some stretches to try to help relieve it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I agree with sciatica! I had issues with mine during my last pregnancy. I sat in the recliner with my feet up for about twenty minutes and it went away. I think a chiropractor helps with it too. 
  • @kerils I had bad food adversions my entire last pregnancy...and I'm creeping 20 weeks with daily vomiting still with morning sickness/and whicked food adversions. There about nothing I can eat. So frustrating. You are not alone! It sucks and I'm sorry. I use to vomit all day and night so a few times a day Isn't seeming to bad, sadly!!!!  
  • @kerils
    @LoveLee85
    I have been throwing up with my cold or well constantly runny nose but not daily....and understandably thankful its not as bad as it was earlier. I messaged my OB and said night vomiting isn't so bad...but is baby ok? She assured me :)  It usually starts are coughing and I echo the bladder control issues too.  Pregnancy isn't always fun.

I feel like we should come up with best ways  to excuse yourself from a work meeting to pee or puke and then also to bring snacks to random meetings. I don't have that down because I feel like I may look pregnant but not pregnant enough its obvious yet--aka I don't automatically get a seat on the train, etc. 
  • Tail bone pain. Constantly. Never ending pain and discomfort. Everyday and all day.

also getting a crampy, painful feeling in my right buttock. Sometimes so bad that it's hard to walk. Sciatica pain in my right side probably. 

I feel like my body is falling apart.
  • I accidentally bumped the other thread with this question. Forgive me?

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else's abdomen is sensitive/tender? Anything presses against my uterus and it kinda hurts. I don't remember this last time.
  • @CarsonsMommy I had a very sensitive abdomen last week...almost like a stripe of pain from just above my belly button and down.  I had it last time, but it was more painful then.  It was my abdominal muscles separating and stretching.  The doctor I saw then did not speak English as his first language, and told me it was the muscles "spltting."  I almost had a heart attack until I realize what he meant.  He told me it doesn't hurt most women, but I got lucky.  When it happened this time I thought, "Crap, not this again."  It went away after a few days.  Similar feeling for you maybe?
  • @CarsonsMommy yes I feel the same, I thought it was psychological. Anytime I brush against something or even touch it myself I feel an annoying dull pain. 

Looool@ splitting muscles that made me laugh out loud literally 
    @chiquita928
  • It's so much fun when you start laughing hysterically at AFV and then, because you've been laughing so hard, you start sobbing and crying. That's the second time this is happened. This, and the fact that I've gotten way more aggressive in my driving, show me that my amped up emotions are just below the surface.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @CarsonsMommy I had a very sensitive abdomen last week...almost like a stripe of pain from just above my belly button and down.  I had it last time, but it was more painful then.  It was my abdominal muscles separating and stretching.  The doctor I saw then did not speak English as his first language, and told me it was the muscles "spltting."  I almost had a heart attack until I realize what he meant.  He told me it doesn't hurt most women, but I got lucky.  When it happened this time I thought, "Crap, not this again."  It went away after a few days.  Similar feeling for you maybe?
    Hmm, I hope it doesn't come back for you. It is only when I press against something or my son jumps on it, it's at any angle really.

@BusyZee I think it's like what your feeling. It isn't sharp, just like "oh, owch".