1st Trimester
Options

Hcg not doubling

Help! I'm starting to panic. I got my BFP and had my first hcg blood work last Monday at 3 weeks 5 day that was an hcg level of 45. Then 2 days later on Wednesday , 4 weeks, it was only 66 and another 2 days, 4 weeks and 2 days,   it was only 75. My progesterone is 39. I had my 4th lab today and am anxiously waiting to hear the results tomorrow. 

Is this a for sure sign of miscarriage? Today would be 4 weeks 5 days since last menstrual. I'm a hot mess right now with the uncertainty of it all! Any comment is appreciated!  

Re: Hcg not doubling

• Options
    It can take 48-72 hours to double, but that does seem low. Hopefully they will get the results back soon and your levels are up. 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    bafanni said:
    Help! I'm starting to panic. I got my BFP and had my first hcg blood work last Monday at 3 weeks 5 day that was an hcg level of 45. Then 2 days later on Wednesday , 4 weeks, it was only 66 and another 2 days, 4 weeks and 2 days,   it was only 75. My progesterone is 39. I had my 4th lab today and am anxiously waiting to hear the results tomorrow. 

Is this a for sure sign of miscarriage? Today would be 4 weeks 5 days since last menstrual. I'm a hot mess right now with the uncertainty of it all! Any comment is appreciated!  
    @bafanni

Like PP said, it can take 48 - 72 hours to double. And yes your numbers seems a little low but you're also 3 / 4 weeks along.  Does your doctor seem concerned at this point?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    purpleyepurpleye member
    edited February 2017
    I don't know I am just guessing could it be possible you are testing before the 48 mark as in the gap between the two is less as in 40hrs-45hrs, even 3hrs make a lot of difference when changes regarding to the body is concerned.

I hope your next levels are reasuring of a healthy pregnancy.