June 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms! 2.13

Alllll the symptoms!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms! 2.13

• I am finding that my muscles are getting sore much easier these days. My arm/shoulder is sore from using a basket at the grocery store instead of a cart... I've learned my lesson.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @neludelu sounds like a symptom to me. At least anytime I'm moody now I always blame pregnancy hormones. It's not like my husband can refute the claim from experience. ;)
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I was vomiting until about 16 weeks along. I got sick again a few weeks ago and then felt better. I'm now experiencing nausea again! I haven't felt like I'm actually going to be sick, but I'm back to only being able to handle fizzy drinks and carbs. WTH. 

@neludelu that is most definitely a symptom! The second trimester burst of energy myth was created by a man and I hope he rots. 
  • Feeling the heartburn (?) this week - it's like a burning sensation creeping up my throat. Gross. I've been trying to watch what I eat.

Also - moody as all hell. I find myself getting irrationally frustrated, mad and upset (mostly at DH). Which in return makes me upset that I can't control my emotions.  :s
  • I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction today.   Toooooooo early for that sh*t!  Also, my ob said my headaches would go away by 20 weeks.  Lies. ALL LIES.
  • @graceriesz I'm with you. Sooooooo much heartburn. I've had it somewhat all along, but this past week in particular has been really bad. I've put a bottle of Tums beside my bed so I can take one while still half asleep at 4am, which seems to be a common time for it to hit. 
  • I have been in bed for 45 minutes and gotten up to pee 5 times. He must be tap dancing on my bladder tonight. 
  • @CapricaAndrea I was wondering if tums were OK. I have a doctors appointment today, so I was going to ask. Mine seems to be like an hour after dinner. 
  • I forgot to ask about Tums as well.  I keep getting nasty reflux that comes up into my mouth like hours after I've eaten.  Fortunately it's not all day long but it still sucks.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • I have the same issue with muscle soreness. I also find that working out is getting harder. I feel like my whole body burns the whole time. But I do feel much better afterwards.

Does anyone else just get an overwhelming feeling of being uncomfortable. I can't even describe one specific thing that bothers me but a lot of times in bed at night and during the morning hours I just feel SO uncomfortable. 
  • @LMMama yes, I feel uncomfortable a lot of the time now. Mostly at night, when I wake up and when I've been in the same position for too long. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, my morning sickness hasn't gone away and I'm 22 weeks. I spent about five minutes throwing up before I left for work today. 

And I also had the brilliant idea to step on my scale this morning because I felt like I wasn't gaining weight. Wrong! I am now up 30 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm afraid of how much I will gain before it's all said and done! 
  • Feeling the heartburn (?) this week - it's like a burning sensation creeping up my throat. Gross. I've been trying to watch what I eat.

Also - moody as all hell. I find myself getting irrationally frustrated, mad and upset (mostly at DH). Which in return makes me upset that I can't control my emotions.  :s
    I have been so moody. I wasn't like this at all when I was pregnant with my DD. Totally even-keeled and most of the time pleasant. Now I can feel a dark cloud coming over me at least once a day for things that really shouldn't bother me. 
  • @LMMama liking out of commiseration 
  • @meg2704 I feel you on the weight gain!  My midwife gave me the side eye 2 months ago saying I'd gained a bit more than I should have for how far I was.  I only ate carbs during the first tri and it showed in my weight.  I've since slowed it down.  Trying to keep it at 2-3lbs a month now.  My Fitbit scale thinks I'm my husband.   I was looking at myself naked in the mirror yesterday (I felt brave)... my hips and thighs are showing all those first tri carbs as well  :s
  • @Wearmi1 and @meg2704 I hear ya the weight gain is hard to take for sure. Weeks 15-19 I had food aversion so that helped slow things down a bit but now im back full swing and trying to scale back. Blah!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn my food aversions are very specific. Baby doesn't like lettuce or fruit or grilled chicken. And the majority of my pre-pregnancy diet was healthy, like grilled chicken salads and fruit for snacking on throughout the day. It's rough! But the weight will come off eventually. Baby needs her carbs I guess! 
  • @LMMama, yes. I get this uncomfortable, skin-crawling sort of feeling when I sit still. It's probably the source of my insomnia.
     Must. Keep. Moving. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • For those of you asking about tums, my dr said they are fine! I sometimes take them before and after a meal!

on the subject of weight gain, I hadn't gained any weight until 3-4 weeks ago! I went up almost 10lbs pretty quick! Now I'm watching what I eat a little better. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm still down 10 lbs from when I got my bfp but I'm definitely expanding. I'm probably losing shit tons of muscle.
  • I was an emotional trainwreck on Sunday. I likely cried more than three times. 

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Just coming home from the doctors who said it was OK to take tums - just adding to the confirmation of it being ok :)
  • tums only go so far, i have had to take famotidine and ended up asking the max dose last week as 10 mg a day wasnt working for me either and according to my OB she says she normally prescribed 20-40mg daily with no problems so for those who are maxing out on tums....yes that is possible read the bottle (ultra is 5 tabs daily)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Anyone else having restless feet / legs? Mine have started to drive me (and DH) completely crazy when we're sitting and watching tv at night. He has also asked in the morning if I've had dreams about running away given all of the movement....
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Kylieslip24Kylieslip24 member
    edited February 2017
    Ugh I get the worst heartburn while pregnant. I went through so many tums with dd and I'm already on the second bottle with this one. A tip though, try the smoothie ones, way better than eating chalk! I've been exhausted and I've had a relentless headache since the weekend. And this boy is so low, I feel like he's going to fall out! It hurts. I've got to get a support belt or something. Ugh not turning out to be a good week.
  • I had an overwhelming urge to burst into tears this morning at the idea of having to drag my ass to work...does that count? Though this has been the general sentiment with work since the beginning of my career...but pregnancy hormones seems like a much more acceptable reason! Why can't I just stay in bed with my chocolates and rub my belly and watch mindless reality TV all day?! I am truly waiting for the day that my dr says 'you're just getting too big....stay at home and rest until the baby comes out'....bliss! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aches, cramps, and pains. Particularly my calf muscles. No amount of stretching has worked. I read it can be a magnesium/calcium deficiency.  Probably magnesium considering that it's not in a lot of things. My prenatal has 10%. I just ate Raisin bran for breakfast and that came to 25%
    Other foods are spinach and nuts and things like that. Seems difficult to get to the daily amount though. 
    Anyone have muscle cramp remedies?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg my nighttime anxiety is on the verge of being out of control.  I put my kids to bed and suddenly spend the next couple hours endlessly worrying about the dumbest stuff!
  • @CurlyMommy416 same. And I feel so bad for how it could affect the baby. I try to take deep slow breaths
  • jennas312 said:
    Aches, cramps, and pains. Particularly my calf muscles. No amount of stretching has worked. I read it can be a magnesium/calcium deficiency.  Probably magnesium considering that it's not in a lot of things. My prenatal has 10%. I just ate Raisin bran for breakfast and that came to 25%
    Other foods are spinach and nuts and things like that. Seems difficult to get to the daily amount though. 
    Epsom salt baths. Whenever I'm hurting I take one and it helps a ton! Your skin absorbs magnesium really well that way. 
  • I spoke too soon earlier in the thread, I do have a new symptom. For the past 2 days I've had very dry mouth which is apparently common, but rather annoying. 
  • jennas312 said:
    Aches, cramps, and pains. Particularly my calf muscles. No amount of stretching has worked. I read it can be a magnesium/calcium deficiency.  Probably magnesium considering that it's not in a lot of things. My prenatal has 10%. I just ate Raisin bran for breakfast and that came to 25%
    I take a magnesium supplement, it helps for cramping, headaches, and constipation.
  • @CurlyMommy416 same here :( I will feel so tired earlier in the evening but when we actually shut off lights and plan to sleep my mind just raced and I'm wide awake. It's exhausting. 
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• I feel like first trimester exhaustion has returned.  I could've shut my eyes on  Break today
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sevenn @Knottie42089123 Hugs all around!!!  These damn hormones.
  • New symptom this week... my lady bits have developed night sweats.  I woke up last night straight up sweating down there.  I told my hubs this morning and he had the most disgusted look on his face and said he didn't want to know anymore.  Brought such a giggle to me that he was grossed out :-) 

Had my monthly midwife appointment yesterday.  I took a list of questions with me I'd been writing down on a post to remember to ask.  I inquired about versions and what there policy was on them since this little one has been breach my entire pregnancy anytime we've seen her on ultrasound which is every 3ish weeks or so.  I also asked about how long they would let me go overdue before inducing me.  I guess if I haven't had her by my due date they will then set an induction date no later than 41 weeks.  I asked about what to do about restless legs, she said to take a magnesium/calcium supplement everyday and that should really help.  Also asked about swelling in my feet and lower legs.  She suggested keeping my feet propped up as much during the day and that also compression socks might help.  I also have to go take my glucose test in about a week and a half.