Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 02/14/2017

GoldenKeysGoldenKeys admin
edited February 2017 in Trouble TTC
Happy  <3  day to everyone!

Hugs to anyone who needs one today, and congratulations to any BFP's.

Please welcome @kd0202 to the checkin...

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@blessedmomma88: dx: PCOS, anovulation Rx: Clomid, Metformin
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@CrunchyBaby2: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@eadams08: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx: Letrozol 5mg+trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone
@iloverocksalot dx:High FSH/PCOS/Auto-Immunity, DH low morphology, Rx: DHEA + Microdose Lupron +
IVF/ICSI
@Jaje09182010: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid w/IUI
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@jojomama25: dx: MFI Rx: supplements + TI
@JRB3: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@Kay6519: dx: PCOS rx: testing
@lablover78: dx: unexplained/irreg and MTHFR
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@madasm0530 dx: PCOS Rx: Provera+Femara+IUI
@MamaMunn: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + TI
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx: metformin
@meli123k: dx unexplained  Rx:  IVF + ICSI
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@MrsMcMilkshakes: dx: cysts, testing
@MurphyGrace dx: Unexplained Rx:  Letrozole + Menopur injections + Ovidrel+ IUI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine to lower TSH
@NikkiPSU: Unexplained Rx: TI
@Plainjanie: DX- mild MFI. Rx- Monitored cycle with TI.
@pretzel2plus1: dx: Endometriosis Rx: laparascopy
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: low AFC + MFI and Rx: letrozole + testing
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI
@Starlight811 dx: DOR Rx:  Menopur + Gonal F + Ovidrel + Progesterone suppositories + IUI
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@vssbrm: dx: Minor Vercosis, morphology, high prolactin  Rx: Clomid + IUI + ovidrel + prolactin meds
@Mrs.RedHead dx: Unexplained Rx: Testing with RE
@PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx:Clomid + IUI, acupuncture, supplements
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@avocuddle dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@kmallery08 dx: unexplained Rx:Clomid, GonalF, Trigger Shot, IUI and Progesterone
@greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
@KariShoe dx: Unexplained Rx: Preparing for testing
@kaitlink33 dx: IR pcos Rx: Femara + trigger + TI
@Spaniard: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@BunnyW23: dx: vasectomy (reversal) Rx: IUI
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@RunsUponATime: dx: in testing Rx: Clomid
@whenwillieversleep: dx:low progesterone Rx: Testing, suppositories
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
@lindybird: dx: low hormone levels Rx: homeopathic treatments
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
@MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

QOTW: What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 02/14/2017

• Thanks for the tag :)

We've done some more testing and in addition to the MFI, my doctor is now concerned that I may have PCOS.  More testing underway for this.

We are proceeding with IUI#2, this time a clomid cycle, which I started today (CD4).  I go back in on CD12 for a follicle check, and hopefully we'll be scheduling the IUI.

Blegh, Valentines Day.  Nothing special planned, I woke up with a migraine in the middle of the night and my meds make me feel miserable, but I'm at work anyway because I keep missing so much for appointments.  Looking forward to going home and sleeping!

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• :) 

CD 31 for me, and not loving it. I had some spotting over the weekend, and have now taken 3 HPTs, and all negative. I suspect I'm just having a long cycle - that the clomid has made everything longer. I'm scheduled to go for a beta at my clinic today, but I don't want to: I just don't want to be told that I'm not pregnant. 

QOTW: we had hoped to go to a movie (Cheap Tuesday!), but part of our fridge has died. If we can't have it fixed (service guy is coming this afternoon), looks like DH and I will be on the hunt for a new fridge this evening. Ah, romance!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had an awful time sleeping the last few weeks so I'm gonna try magnesium like someone suggested and hopefully it does the trick. I tested out my trigger shot and it was gone today so now I'm gonna try and wait out the rest of the tww. 

QOTW: nothing today, we celebrated it on friday/saturday since I'm working until 7 tonight. Friday we went to dinner and a movie and then Saturday DH gave me a necklace, a bear, and made me chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    @pawcall- GL on IUI #2.  Fx this one does the trick
    @funkykey- Sorry about the BFNs :(
    @kaitlink33- I hope you get some better sleep soon. I know I'm always a bear when I don't get enough sleep.

AFM- I am in the dreaded TWW.  We had IUI #1 yesterday.  I had 2 really good follies, one on each side, and DH's sperm sample was another good one so we are feeling cautiously optimistic.  I have to say, it was a weird experience all around.

I couldn't help but think about those scenes in the movies where the couple are discussing when exactly they got pregnant. You know, the woman says: "I think I know when it happened" and the guy gives that shifty grin, remembering some particular steamy rendezvous  "Yeah, me too."  And there I was, stripped from the waist down, feet up in stirrups while the doctor puts a catheter up my hoo-haw, injecting sperm from the vial I had, until that point, stuffed in my bra to keep it warm.  Oh well.  Whatever works at this point.

QOTW: We plan on doing dinner in tonight.  We have king crab legs that we are going to make, along with asparagus and salad.  I also picked up some goat cheese and smoked salmon that we are going to do on crackers for little appetizers and a bottle of Alcohol-removed champagne.  I got DH a card game as a gift, which we will probably break into as well. It's called "Flapjacks and Sasquatches" and is super fun...I would highly recommend it to any board game fans out there.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @pawcall good luck for IUI! 

@funkykey sorry about the BFN :( good luck finding a fridge if you end up needing a new one. I am one of those weirdos that likes shopping for applicants so doesn't sound like a terrible way to spend the evening to me haha 

@hoffmanr7 GL for IUI #1! FX for you! Your "how I got KU" story made me lol 

AFM, nothing new here. My surgery last week went well, so now we are just waiting out the next few weeks. 

QOTW: Today is actually my birthday, so we are not super big on celebrating Valentine's Day. Also my DH is out of town for work so I am flying solo tonight. But I am taking the end of the week off and I'm flying out tomorrow night to go meet him! So we will have a nice long weekend getaway! 
  • @Kim41313 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D:D I like shopping for some appliances, but in this case, we would have just needed something to get us through to when we gut our kitchen in about a year... Luckily, service guy came and fixed it. ;) Which means I can get back to thinking about fantasy appliances. DH is hustling for a fridge with a water dispenser on the front; I am hustling for one of the fridges that is hidden in the cupboards. Decisions, decisions!

@hoffmanr7 - that dinner sounds delicious. We had asparagus on Sunday - it always makes me feel like spring is coming. :) Now I'm wishing we had it with goat cheese and smoked salmon and crab legs. Yum.

@kaitlink33 - ugh. I usually sleep like a rock, but since I've been on clomid, I've had interrupted sleeps. I'll wake up abruptly at 3am or 4am or whatever, and it'll take me a while to fall back asleep. The worst! I'm learning what it's like to be a bad sleeper, and I am not enjoying it. My DH has had some success with melatonin for sleep; he struggles more than I do.

• @hoffmanr7 fx iui #1 is it for you!
    @funkykey I've tried melatonin before and it does diddly squat for me unfortunately 
    NTNP since 2012
  • Hey guys, thanks again for all the support and kind words last week.   I started bleeding today which I'm happy about because that means my body is doing what it's supposed to. We got good news from the RE clinic and they are letting us turn our ER and fresh transfer into three FET.  I hope we don't need all three but I'm happy we have that many to work with. Still not sure what's next but happy we have options. 

@Kim41313 happy your surgery went well!

@hoffmanr7 good luck with your TWW, hope you get your BFP! 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• @kaitlink33  I hope magnesium helps you. If not, I use Valerian Root to help me sleep so it might be worth a shot. 

@hoffmanr7 Yeah, your story made me laugh out loud. It was just too much truth. 

@Kim41313  Happy Birthday!

This is our first IUI cycle. I finished Letrozole yesterday and I go in for my scan tomorrow. If we don't get KU this cycle I think we are going to have to take off a couple months because I am running out of sick leave at work, sorta. I actually have 20 sick days still, but the school district I work for considers anything over 8 sick days in a school year "excessive". Hopefully we won't come to that though! 

QOTW: We went out for a nice dinner on Sunday and tonight we just ate at home and got ice cream. We are pretty low-key about Valentine's day. 

Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• @MandyBeeSLP thanks for that! I'll have to keep that in mind in case the mag doesn't help.
    NTNP since 2012
  • I am so done. I had two periods on my own, got excited that my thyroid medicine was helping, and now here's another anovulatory cycle. I'm frustrated because my RE has made it about weight so I don't feel safe or comfortable going back to her, but she's the only one around. And I am just angry and afraid of never having kids.

I will get over it.

It sucks watching everyone else play and I'm over here on the bench. FOREVER.

QOTW: What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
    No plans. My husband is not romantic and I have given up forcing him to be a long time ago.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• @Mythril I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable going back to your RE. My first gyn definitely thought losing weight was a key factor and always made it a point to bring it up, I would always get so upset and eventually starting seeing an RE instead. In 2015 I had a bad few months at the end of the year and ended up losing almost 40 pounds. A few months later I started getting periods on my own again. So while it's upsetting that they bring up weight, looking back I do think my gyn was right. I never responded to clomid or Femara until I started to get periods on my own. I'm not saying everything is about weight, but try to take it with a grain of salt. Keep your chin up, girl. Also, I am seeing my 3rd RE and second gyn because I didn't like certain things about the othersame and I drive 2.5 hours so he's not exactly close. If you feel like you need to switch then I would look around and see what you can find, the drive is worth it for you to feel comfortable.
    NTNP since 2012
  • @funkykey what fun when your body decides to stretch that TWW! 
    @hoffmanr7 I do hope you put that story in the baby album one day  :D
    @Kim41313 Happy Birthday - hope you spoiled yourself in style yesterday! 
    @Worldtravler0522 great news the clinic are being flexible.
    @MandyBeeSLP That's crazy that you have accumulated sick days, but are discouraged from using them. I can't imagine I'd take that very well... how annoying! 

I got a positive OPK on CD9, which should be too soon to test (POAS-obsessed!). I just assumed it was a false-positive from the meds, but I haven't had a positive OPK since, and I'm now on CD16. I'm mostly just nervous I've got a faulty batch of tests, and I don't want to screw this up for next months IUI. 

Bad sleep last night too (I feel you @kaitlink33) as it feels like my pelvis is about to explode - almost like trapped wind pain. Has anyone experienced that feeling from fertility meds?

*TW*
    Yesterday THREE separate friends enquired about the occupancy of my womb, two of whom (knowing about my IF) followed up with their own BFP announcement. What is it about V-day?! 

QOTW: We went for a 4hr drive to go have blood tests as a couple... the lab tech thought this was hilarious, which made me smile too! But I made it home in time for gymnastics class (the best therapy), and DH cooked a surprise dinner whilst I was out, including pickles :)

Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MountainLady when you say trapped wind pain you mean like gas pain? Because I totally know ALL about this. The other day I was like omg holy cramps they were getting pretty bad at work them about an hour or 2 later I realized it was gas pain. My bad. Lol also, I hate when people who know about my IF ask then talk about their own bfp's and/or pregnancies....I'm too sensitive for that stuff. It gets under my skin real quick.
    NTNP since 2012
  • @pawcall l'm sorry about the migraine and the possible PCOS. What is your doctor's reasoning about the potential diagnosis? Will it change anything about your protocol? Good luck with this IUI! 

@funkykey I'm so sorry about the BFN. :-( I'm glad you were able to get the fridge fixed, though. Not that these two things are equal, of course. Just glad your Valentine's Day was not spent at the store.

@hoffmanr7 LOL! Your story perfectly sums up IUI. You should share that with your kids one day. :-D Tell me more about this game! We love games and I'm always looking out for more.

@Kim41313 Happy (belated) Birthday!

@Worldtravler0522 Still thinking about you. I'm glad you got some good news from the RE and that you still have more options. All the luck in the world to you!!

@MandyBeeSLP My sister's district has a similar rule. I asked how that could be legal. What happens if you really get sick?? So obnoxious.

@Mythril Oh no, I am so sorry about your cycles falling apart again, and that you're still benched. If you can't find another RE, is there an OB you can see about IUI at least? I know it's so not ideal and I wouldn't normally recommend it, but if you're really stuck maybe it's a way out.

@MountainLady I can't give much advice about the OPKs, but I'd say just see if your luteal phase ends up seeming normal. Then you'll know if the OPK was right. I got a positive OPK at CD12 last cycle, which was really early for me, but I had a standard (for me) 10 day LP so I know it was right. Also, did it correspond to your CM? You could also be having a longer than normal cycle and you haven't ovulated yet, so I'd just keep testing until you get your period.

AFM CD 4, so clearly last cycle was a bust. Again. DH had his follow-up SA on Monday to see if the clomid is working. They have the results already, so we're waiting anxiously for a call from the nurse. I will feel so bad for DH if it's not an improvement. He's been feeling really low. 

If it's improved enough, next cycle we'll do IUI #4. Otherwise, I think we need to start thinking about IVF. I wanted to hold out, but I think this is wearing on us both mentally. 

For Valentine's Day we ordered in and watched "Modern Family." Then I sent DH to the gym while I waited for our FreshDirect delivery. We're clearly not really Valentine's Day people, haha.
  • @Mythril I'm sorry your RE doesn't make you feel comfortable. With such a delicate process they should have a little more empathy and make you feel more comfortable. While losing weight is obviously the ideal situation if it were just that easy to do we would all just do it. Weight is just one factor and I think it's an easy one to blame because it's the most "controllable". I had an OBGYN tell me if I lost 40 pounds I'd get pregnant just like that. Well I lost 50 and still no kids. I might look into new REs but I know that can be tough when there aren't many around. Big hugs! 

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• At the risk of sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, it makes me so angry when I hear about the health care overweight people receive. Like, yes, extra weight can exacerbate underlying medical issues - that's true. But it's also true that obese people are often victims of discrimination and can be medically undertreated. There's lots of evidence to support this: 
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2001.108/full

Obviously, I don't know if that's the case here, but @Mythril keep at it! As @kaitlink33 said, keep your chin up! :) Good luck, and I hope you find someone who makes you more comfortable, or at the very least can question your RE. Everyone should be treated with dignity.
  • Truth be told I was terrified to go to an RE because I was convinced they would just tell me I'm too fat and that's why I'm not pregnant, lose weight and then we will help. Thankfully it's never come up but it is super stressful and I've constantly beat myself up over being overweight thinking it's caused my miscarriages or issues. It's a big struggle! I appreciate you being on our side @funkykey

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @funkykey exactly... at least it would be funny if it turns out that way! but ouch for now...

@Mythril you should never have to feel that way -  judgement on top of everything else is definitely not going to help! I hope your RE gets their act together.

@Bababatty you're right... I just need to wait and see. Ugh. I don't seem to get EGCM every month anymore... I used to, but it just doesn't show up reliably anymore. I should probably return to temping so I can have a better overall picture :/ Good luck to your DH on his results!
    TXX:

• @Bababatty So Flapjacks and Sasquatches is a card/dice game.  The goal is to "cut down" as many tree cards as possible.  Everybody gets a tree card to start, as well as a number of other cards.  In order to start cutting down your tree, you have to have an axe card.  Once you do, you roll the dice, which tells you how many swings of your axe occurs.  The dice also has "breaks" on them, if you get a certain number your axe "breaks" and you have to wait until you get another axe card.  There are also a number of cards you can play to protect yourself, increase your swings, or play on other players to hinder their swings.  It's a bit complicated at first, but super fun!
    Unexplained Infertility

• @Worldtraveler0522 - my husband is a tall guy, and like a lot of tall guys, was chubby as a kid. NBD, right?
    Wrong.

Some of the stories I've heard - like people throwing food at him from their cars as he walked home along the side of the road when he was like 13/14 (he's from a small town) - my jaw dropped. The worst stories I've heard have been from his friends, not even from him - like he's blocked them out. Like many overweight kids, there were other factors at play (not just pre-growth spurt) - probably depression and his response to stuff happening at home with his parents, poverty, etc. Regardless, all the bullying did was make things worse, make him feel more ashamed of something that was, really, beyond his control. I dunno.

He's the same person now as he was then, but how people treat him, and his experience of the world - it's totally different. People are so much nicer to him, and treat him so differently. I think on some level, it's made him kind of cynical - this knowledge that if he looked different, if something were to happen and he gained the weight again - he wouldn't be dealt with as fairly. He only had a small taste of what others experience, but it sounds like it was awful.

I know his experience isn't uncommon, and as I've said, I know that extra weight can exacerbate some conditions - so I think a lot of doctors are just trying to follow best practices. But it's such a sensitive subject! And as you've said, and as studies have shown, a lot of medical professionals get lazy when faced with an overweight patient, blame the one factor only, and don't provide the same standard of care to overweight patients as they do to others.
  • (Hope I didn't over share there, sorry ladies... I may be getting too deep into the forums)
  • Ugh, I hate this app. Want to respond to everyone, but keeps deleting my posts....argh! 

@funkykey so sorry about the BFNs. It's like they are extra white, just to be jerks about it. 

As a provider of healthcare, I can tell you that our bodies do work differently when we are overweight and I completely support advocating for healthy changes with patients. however!! How you work with someone to encourage healthy change (regardless of whether it's weight, life choices, drugs/substances) is as important as advocating for that change. As a nurse I feel like I'm constantly rushing in behind the provider to "mend" the relationship they have so carelessly ripped apart by being insensitive and even rude in their delivery of information. No one has the right to be rude to you or make you feel stupid, even if you're pregnant and doing meth. Everyone is worthy of compassion and respect. Period. 

AFM: I've been a little MIA on here because I decided to start working a second job to help our finances now that we are all in with IVF completely OOP. Our clinic requires us to take doxycycline at the same time in case one of us has some rogue STD and we are currently in the middle of our 7 day course.....so far I am nauseous for an hour after each pill and my tongue/mouth feel like they've been burned by acid. The BCPs make me super agitated, riled up, and seem to have increased my natural "wetness" about 200%!! Can't wait to find out all the "treats" stims will bring :P

QOTW: both my SO and dad sent me the most amazing flowers. I got my SO an electric toothbrush.....we watched The Walking Dead and snuggled before collapsing in bed at 9pm. It was perfect. Haha. 

@GoldenKeys can you change my tx to IVF? Thanks!! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Update: I triggered last night/morning and my first IUI is scheduled for tomorrow at 2:00. I'm so nervous! I know that's probably irrational but there it is. 

@Bababatty and @MountainLady It is really annoying. I think generally if you have a good reason your principal just goes through the "slap on the wrist" motions. I've been talking about telling my principal about IF treatments for months but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't have to explain myself. 

Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• @Mythril Im so sorry you're having a bad experience with your RE. Im actually going to an RE tomorrow because I haven't had a great experience with my OB so I know that can be frustrating. She wants to see my through two more cycles before officially referring me but I had a good friend encourage me that trying to conceive is hard enough without feeling misunderstood by your providers. I hope you find someone else that works for you and know we are here to support you!

@Worldtravler0522 congrats on your good news! Feeling hopeful is such a blessing in a journey that seems riddled with disappointment. 

Well the clomid did cause me to ovulate earlier in my cycle and consequently lengthened my luteal phase to 12 days but still nothing in the ole baby box this month. AF is raging her way through my womb as we speak.  But the good news is that my first RE appt is tomorrow! I'm just so excited because I feel like we may finally make a plan I feel good about.  A good friend recommended this RE because she used him and loved him. She told me he starts off with an hour consultation getting to know everything about you and making a plan. That's a far cry from the 10-13 mins my OB has been spending with me when I go. 

QOTW: My husband and I got married on valentines day 3 years ago. He unfortunately had to work on the V day this year but we have dinner reservations for tomorrow at a nice restaurant. He sent me beautiful flowers with a card. Im so lucky to have this man. 

<3  Me: 30 | DH: 28  <3
    Together since 2013 | Married 2014
    TTC since March 2016
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN 
    Dx: unexplained & mild MFI | Rx: Femara w/ trigger & IUI
    1st IUI:  BFP. Chemical Pregnancy
    2st IUI: BFN
    3rd IUI: BFN
    1 round femara 7.5: BPF!
    Due date March 2018
  • @kaitlink33 Losing weight would be ideal. I lost 45 lbs at the beginning of 2015 and it did not help. I got a job and put the weight back on. I'm currently trying to get back into the swing of things that helped me lose weight then. It's hard. But my weight is a symptom of my infertility, and not the other way around. I have always been large. I took steroids for asthma at 2 or 3 and have always been much larger than all of my family members despite being as if not more active. I don't know what it's like to be at a healthy weight. If I put everything in my life on hold because I was overweight, I would not have gone to prom, gotten married or done anything else in my life.

@bababatty I'm not at the iui situation yet. I have never ovulated, and didn't respond to Clomid. The next step, according to my RE, is letrozole and metformin.

@Wroldtravler0522 At least my RE told me that it would be hard work trying to lose weight. She said I couldn't have cheat days and that every work out I have to sweat and I'm not allowed to treat myself like most people can. She seemed to understand how difficult it can be, at least. But that was the extent of the help.

@funkykey How interesting. I've gotten it everywhere I go. My mom took me to a psychiatrist when I was a pre teen and all they talked about was how I was overweight and I should go a day without eating because the psychiatrist didn't believe I knew what being hungry felt like. So annoying.

Thanks for your support, everyone.
    Me 28 Him 28
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    1500 MG Metformin

• @Mythril ugh I'm sorry.  I want to punch your RE in the face for you.  

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @PoeMasque - I am keeping my FX for you!!! Sounds like a lot, even before the stims. Good luck! Hang in there!

On the healthcare note, my best friend is a doctor, and was telling me a story about her work the other day. She was working with another doctor, who she's pretty sure is on the spectrum, his bedside manner is so bad.
    *******TW********
    They walk in to talk to a patient who was crying because she'd just miscarried. His response?: "Well, could have been worse. Could have been your second or third MC." 
    Um, what?! Can you imagine if your doctor said that to you?!
    My friend was like: "WTF!" (I'm not even sure she kept a straight face) and tried her best to console the patient, before taking him aside, like: "What were you thinking?!" 
    *******End TW**********
    It was one of those stories that made me laugh when she told me, just because it's so, so awkward- boggles the mind. I mean, it's one thing to get that from your socially inept friend, it's another thing to hear that from your doctor. Like, let's focus on the facts, please, sir - you know?
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited February 2017
    @funkykey 

(I have no idea if that is huge.) anyway, oh wow. That is some terrible bedside manner right there!
  • Not sure if double dipping on the thread is taboo or not but I had my RE appointment this morning and was really pleased with the doctor. He suggested that while I may have something going on that's causing unexplained infertility, he says we also have male factor happening too. My ob said DH's levels were fine but the RE said that his levels indicate we should go to IUI. He is recommending Femara with a trigger shot and IUI. This cycle will be a break for us while we get some additional tests and I get an HSG and we will start next cycle. This plan feels much better than what my previous OB had us on. 

TTC since March 2016
    Due date March 2018
  • hoffmanr7hoffmanr7 member
    edited February 2017
    Unexplained Infertility

• @kd0202 I'm glad you liked your RE! Can you remind me what your H's levels were? Did he suggest seeing a urologist?
  • kd0202kd0202 member
    edited February 2017
    @Bababatty Volume 4.5 mil, concentration 13.5 mil, motility 31 percent, % normal 27 %.

My OB said they were right on the line, but the RE said the "line" she was using was an old reference range and that these days those numbers would be considered low.  He said if we wanted to see the male fertility doc at his practice we can, but it wasn't necessary if we went the IUI route since his numbers were plenty for successful IUI

TTC since March 2016
    Due date March 2018
  • @Mythril Im sorry if you took my response wrong, but I in no way meant for you to put your life on hold due to being over weight or saying that you're infertility is due to you being heavy or anything of the nature. I clearly deal with IF as well and am still on the heavier side even after losing weight, so I know all about it. I was just throwing my two cents in about my experience from losing weight.  
    NTNP since 2012
  • @kaitlink33 Oh, no! I hope you didn't misunderstand me! I didn't think that was what you were implying. I'm just trying to explain myself better. I'm defensive, usually. But I didn't think you were trying to be anything but helpful. Sometimes it's good to hear the other side so you don't forget we're all people.
    Me 28 Him 28
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    1500 MG Metformin

• @kd0202 Ah yes that makes sense. Our doc also said it didn't have to be in the normal range as long as we got over 4 (or was it 5) million motile sperm. Which we never did, but it sounds like is not a problem for you.  :) Glad you can do the IUI!
  • @Bababatty Thanks! Im glad too. I just wish we could do it this cycle but RE wants to test me for rubella and chicken pox immunity and get an HSG done before we IUI so it will have to be next cycle. 

TTC since March 2016
    Due date March 2018
  • Just felt like putting an update on here. So I had the endometrial biopsy. Actually, I first had an endometrial biopsy FAIL - they were unable to get through my cervix on the first attempt (ouch) and said I had cervical stenosis. However, the doc swore it has nothing to do with fertility since sperm are tiny. 

I had to come back again for a second attempt, which this time succeeded  without a hitch. For round 2, they gave me a Percocet and misoprostol (an agent that's supposed to soften and 'ripen' the cervix) beforehand, so they had no trouble getting in. 

Otherwise, emotionally, I'm having a bit of TTC fatigue. Going through a phase of feeling numb and used to disappointment and unable to imagine positive outcomes or some level, not even caring to imagine positive outcomes. It's actually a relief to feel this way. Sadly, I'll probably start caring again tomorrow.

My DH periodically refers casually to the children we'll have someday. Today I asked him why he's so confident that we're ever going to have children - his optimism baffles me! He said nothing, but later, when I asked again, he pointed to two lines on the palm of his hand and said that his mom told him those lines meant he'd have two kids.

Sigh... Would be cute if it weren't nonsense! :)
    Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.

• Love reading everyone's updates...

@PoeMasque Wow, a second job... sorry to hear that. It sucks that there's a financial side to this IF awfulness... Hope it's not too stressful.

@funkykey Yikes, what a failure of empathy by that doc. In addition to his own issues, which are plentiful I assume, people don't get socialized on how to react to others' IF or miscarriages. I mean, imagine telling someone after their dad died that 'well at least your mom didn't die!' or some variation thereof. We all know we're not supposed to say something like that. 

@kd0202 : Sorry about the mild MFI, but on the flip side, nice to have a possible contributor to the trouble TTC (especially one that can be worked around!)

@Mythril and others - does not surprise me at all to hear that there is discrimination around weight issues in health care and other venues. It's unfortunate.  
    @Bababatty : good luck with the repeat SA
    @MountainLady - I can't get over how awesome your sig pic is. As good as the last one!

and anyone else - good luck with the challenges this week!
    Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.
  • @notamyrtle ouch! I know what you mean about the disappointment... in some ways despair so much easier than hope. 
    TXX: