Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms 2/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • @haylsbayls Ooooh I love Scandal! Some of the story lines get a bit old in Season 4 (I think) but I still love it :)
  • @lulu1180 I love 80's cartoons!! Ahhh the good ol days!
  • @shortstack930 One of my friends just got back from 6 weeks in St. Louis and discovered chic fil a is full of hot mommas. Is this true ??

For me, DF has barely spoke to me in two days. Very annoying. It's over something SO stupid. Usually I would be initiating conversation but I am definitely not this time. He will either open up or get the F over it. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @FLAshley Ugh - sorry your DF is being such a jerk :(
  • I NEED to watch the TWD premier but if I watch it tonight I will dream about zombies and get 0 sleep.  I did however watch the John Oliver premier and nearly peed myself.  He cracks me up.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• @NYTino24 your boss freaking rocks. I'm glad you have that kind of support at work!
  • @FLAshley You are a patient woman. If DH tried to not talk to me for two days...well, he'd better not want to talk to me ever again...lol.
  • @FLAshley haha that is probably true! It is definitely SAHM hang out during the day, especially since they have the play place. Although tonight it was me and DD and like 30 teenagers that must've just gotten out of a high school sporting event. I felt bad for the manager because he looked torn between trying to provide excellent customer service and running away with his tail between his legs. 

Also, I'm sorry you're fighting your DF! Hope he comes to his senses and talks to you soon. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @lulu1180 That gif is fantastic...and is further proof that the sloth is definitely my spirit animal.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• @lulu1180 Love that gif! And I'm not sure how it worked but somehow it inspired me to get out of bed and do a bit of yoga before work :)
  • @lulu1180 I am absolutely the sloth.

Sooooo I don't have cable. H and I have a smart TV so we have hulu, netflix etc... anyhooters, I missed that FX thing The People vs OJ and it just came on netflix and I am watching it now. About a billion years late to the party, but OMG
  • @kiwi2628 Right?!?! DH made fun of me for watching it for a few weeks but then one week he watched with me and he was hooked too. 

• @kiwi2628 we don't have cable either and DH just discovered that show on Netflix and is obsessed!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @adirat Its so good! Also, I love how DNA was this mysterious, not real thing back then. I just wanted to yell at the TV. Also, how on earth did he get off? Like, seriously?
  • @NYTino24 I am glad that your boss is being supportive now. That makes things slightly easier.

@lulu1180 I am most definitely the one on the right. I love yoga, I am just not very good at it.

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Ugh...my 2 year old started throwing up this morning. This is going to be a long day.
  • @adirat I completely agree with you regarding the Casy Anthony trial. I spent more time then I would like to admit following that case and although I 100% believe she did it, as you pointed out there just wasn't enough real evidence to find her guilty. Although it pains me, I think the jury made the right decision based on the way the judicial system is set up to work (as crappy as it may be).  

I was too young to know all the details about the OJ trial so I will have to watch the show sometime! 
  • @adirat see I havent finished, so I still have no idea about the white supremacist thing! I am like 5 or 6 episodes in
  • @kiwi2628 @adirat I would highly recommend watching the real OJ documentary from ESPN called OJ Simpson Made in America. It was really interesting, but incredibly brutal and graphic in parts. It's a 5 part series that are about 1 1/2 each. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @adirat how do you feel about Amanda Knox?

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• PS - If I could ever have a super power, it would be the ability to mind-read. I would find all these maybe-murders and figure out if they did it or not (Amanda Knox,  Ryan Ferguson, OJ, and a bunch of Dateline peeps)

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• adirat said:
    @kiwi2628 You know, it's funny -- had the exact opposite reaction after watching the show. I was technically alive during the trial but I was a little kid and paid it no attention. All I really absorbed was the cultural consciousness of white people that he definitely did it and got off for no reason, like it was a punch line to a "bad jury" joke.

After watching the show, though, I thought he absolutely had to be found not guilty. I believe that he did it. I don't believe he's innocent. But with the police incompetence involved in the investigation, the fact that a white supremacist cop was targeting him, the whole glove incident -- it's all reasonable doubt. While I personally believe that he did it, I also believe that our justice system has to abide by the standard of reasonable doubt and in this case, his acquittal was appropriate. 

I had a similar reaction to the Casey Anthony trial. I believe that she did it. But you can't try someone with no murder weapon, no cause of death, and no rebuttal to the defense's alternative theory of the crime and expect the jury not to see reasonable doubt. It is vital to Americans' freedom that we hold our criminal courts to these high standards and as sad as it is, that means acquittals when the police or legal team screw up. 

Anyway off my civil liberties soapbox now! It's a great show no matter which side you come down on.

H and I have arguments all the time about the rule of reasonable doubt because he's more "fry 'em all" and I'm more "show me the evidence." I just keep quoting to him "Better 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man go to jail."
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• adirat said:
    @kiwi2628 You know, it's funny -- had the exact opposite reaction after watching the show. I was technically alive during the trial but I was a little kid and paid it no attention. 
    Oh girl you make me feel ancient! LOL
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• lulu1180 said:
    wabash15 said:
    adirat said:
    @kiwi2628 You know, it's funny -- had the exact opposite reaction after watching the show. I was technically alive during the trial but I was a little kid and paid it no attention. 
    Oh girl you make me feel ancient! LOL
    I was a freshman in high school and my choir teacher found a TV that we could watch the verdict on.  Our choir room wasn't fitted with a TV like most other classrooms.  
    It's sad, I also remember "Where I was when the verdict was read," it truly was a defining moment in our generation, until 9/11. I was in pre-algebra class. Someone went door to door, telling each class the verdict.

Sidenote: Thinking of that reminded me of my teacher for that class. She as an old lady who used to touch the boys inappropriately (shoulder squeezes, punches on the arm) and everyone hated her.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @haylsbayls, I know you didn't ask me, but I have very strong opinions about the Amanda Knox case and I spent far too much time reading about it, lol.  

In my opinion that case was the biggest farce of a criminal trial I possibly have ever seen. How the prosecutor was even allowed to try the case is beyond me (not least of all because he was under investigation for tampering with evidence in a different case while the trial was ongoing). That whole ordeal made the Italian court system look like nothing better than a Kangaroo court.  I personally don't think she did it, but even if she did, there was just too much wrong with that case for any reasonable person to have found her guilty (except, apparently, for the Italian jury...).
  • @haylsbayls I actually don't know anything about the Amanda Knox case. Should I look into it? I was a freshman in college during 2007-08 and definitely didn't watch the news, ever at all, that year. Then during the murder trial in early 2009, I was doing study abroad in a country that had zero media coverage of that case. @zwink1 It does not really surprise me to hear that the Italian justice system is crap.

@wabash15 Sorry :( It was 1995 so I was six. Definitely not up on the national news back then. 

@jsnakehole I hope you feel better soon and there's no penalty for staying home! 

@eggplantface Yeah, that's what 9-11 was like for me... I was in seventh grade I think and it was...insane.

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited February 2017
    @lulu1180 I was in seventh grade with the OJ case and I'm shocked they put the tv on in the library for us to see it. 
    @jsnakehole I hope you feel better!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility