Birth Stories
Options

Any Ohio State University births?

Just curious if anyone on here has given birth at OSU, and your experience with them. Curious about the rooms/midwives. Were they pushy during your labor in regards to letting you make choices VS what they recommended?

Thanks!

Re: Any Ohio State University births?

• Options
    This response is too late, but I gave birth there in November 2014. I went with the midwives through out my pregnancy. I liked them although I wish I had asked to see the same 1 or 2 midwives for the entire pregnancy.  I ended up seeing four, and add in my social awkwardness and it was harder to bond with one in particular.  When I delivered the midwives I'd seen couldn't make it so one came from another location.

They weren't pushy about doing anything. They asked once or twice if I wanted something for the pain and once I said I didn't,  they did not ask again.  They let me choose how to deliver,  which isn't saying much because I hardly knew a thing about delivery positions.  Something I'd like to change this time around.  The nurses do check on you for what seems every half an hour after baby is born and your trying to sleep.  But that wasn't the midwives fault.