July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• @oheliza44 I think some people mentioned it earlier in this thread but movements are not expected to be consistent this early in the pregnancy. Unless there's something else going on (cramping, bleeding, etc) I wouldn't be concerned. But if it really does worry you, you could always call your OB. They'll likely tell you the same thing but sometimes hearing it from them can be more reassuring lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @oheliza44 I went through this at almost the exact same time, I stopped feeling movement after feeling it pretty regularly for a couple weeks right at the end of week 18/beginning of week 19 which had me panicked. As soon as I went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat, that night baby started moving again. 

I dont think the doctors worry about consistent movement until the 3rd trimester - at this point there is still a lot of cushion between you and the baby, all they have to do is turn a certain way and it's hard to feel them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited February 2017
    @oheliza44 I messaged my doctors office last week and a nurse responded saying at 19 weeks 5-8 movements per hour is normal...and it may not be every hour. She said I could drink something sugary, lay down, and count kicks and then come in if I was concerned, but basically she was saying that it's still sporadic at this stage. I've been feeling more frequent movement since my original comment, so I'm not worried!! Like others have said, I'd give it more time, and you'll probably start noticing movement more frequently. 
  • Thanks for the responses, everyone. I actually asked a question on this board related to movement frequency a bit ago so I apologize for being redundant. I guess what prompted this last post was the dramatic shift between SO much movement to basically nothing for a few days in a row. It's so hard not to go to the "is something wrong?" line of thoughts! After posting my question, I felt a lot movement Sunday evening so I think everything is ok. (Evidently the baby gets excited by tax preparation... who knew. Maybe I'm carrying a future CPA? lol) I have an appointment this week and plan to discuss it with my doctor. 
  • I'm 16w4d with #3 and still can't feel movement. I thought I felt something 5 days ago, but it's only been that once. 
  • I'm 16w4d with #3 and still can't feel movement. I thought I felt something 5 days ago, but it's only been that once. 
    Ditto. 16w6d number 2. Baby measured 5 days ahead of that in an early scan. But nada. I'm totally jealous of everyone here. I think I probably have another anterior placenta which is a total bummer. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• 18 wks tomorrow, FTM, and still nothing 
    :/
  • I went to the doctor today so I feel a bit better. All the anticipation for movement was worrying me so hearing the heart beat made me feel a lot better. Doctor said it's completely normal not to feel any movements and said just enjoy the small aches and pains take them as reminders  and tell yourself that things are getting bigger inside so baby can start moving around more.
  • 18+3 and the movement I felt sporadically has stopped the past few days. Thankful for my doppler to calm any fears. This stupid-ass anterior placenta....
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • 19w6d and I'm pretty positive the odd stuff I've been feeling lately is in fact baby.  Nothing else would explain the party going on down there :P  Definitely feels more like rumbling and a bit of flopping fish haha!  Just glad to know that baby is still alive and kicking lol
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • baby movements are way more regular these days (20+3), but there are certain periods that are far more active, and hours will go by where I won't notice anything. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • I've not felt movement  yet either, not even a fish flop. :/ I have experienced random pressure in that general area, but I think that is more likely to be RLP.
  • I got really excited because after 8 days I felt what I'm again 96.5% sure was the baby moving around.  It was several small pops and then a big one followed by more little pops.  I was sooo happy. I texted my mom about it and she said, "Are you sure it wasn't just diarrhea?"  I know it wasn't obviously, but that really deflated me.

@PurplePumpernickel I get the pressure part too.  Not sure what to make of that.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So...much...movement today. I can't be annoyed that it makes me have to pee every 20 minutes because this is the first day of super acivity and it makes me so happy. 18+5 STM with anterior placenta (which I'm assuming has moved mostly to the left from what I'm feeling, will see at AS tomorrow) for reference. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • 19w6d - I learned that my kid likes hip hop music. There was a lot of dancing while waiting at a traffic light and Taio Cruz came on the radio.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @lfk2013 lol I have found that certain foods make my baby dance around like crazy. Not sure if it's happy dance or angry dance, but I'm voting happy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils I've noticed the same! So far it seems my baby likes bacon and chocolate chip pancakes... a girl after my own heart! Lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• So exciting!  Yesterday at 18/2 I felt the first 'kick' from outside.  It was more like baby was really stretching and I could feel him/her behind my belly button.  I pushed on the protruding lump and baby must have curled back up and it felt like a little jgirl mp back in.  I've felt it 3 times from the outside now!  Can't wait for hubby to feel <3
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @PurplePumpernickel and everyone else who hasn't felt anything yet. I just saw my midwife a few days ago at 21w exactly and she was pleasantly surprised that I had felt movement already as a FTM. It's definitely not something to worry about yet if you haven't. She also said it's very common for baby to be really active one day and then not at all the next. 
  • Thanks @CapricaAndrea ! My midwife actually said the same thing yesterday. She asked if I'd felt anything, I said no, and she said, "don't worry, that's not out of the ordinary." I'm sure I'll be tired of kicking soon enough :D
  • I don't get too concerned if I don't feel her for a while.  I'll get a bit around lunchtime but she's most active at night between 9-11pm.  If I place my hands there long enough I'll feel slight movement on the outside but no real noticeable kicks yet.  She was sleeping during my A/S scan.  FTM's they do say it can take up to 25w so I wouldn't worry until that point.    
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I don't feel anything !!! 
  • This is round two for me so I'm not unusually worried about movement, but I did feel the first little flutters after dinner last night at 17w5d, which is a huge jump for me! Last time I had an anterior placenta and didn't even feel flutters until 21 weeks. This time it's posterior and my belly feels so HEAVY! For all of you anterior placenta ladies, I say enjoy it. I wish I had an anterior placenta again. 
  • I felt flutters a week and a half ago, and nothing since.  *sigh*  I know it's coming, but it was really cool.
  • I'm 20 weeks Monday. I have been feeling movement a lot the last several weeks. UO: I do not enjoy it even a little. I didn't with my last pregnancy either. 
  • This baby won't stop! The last 3 days or so it's been out of control with the kicking. DH was able to feel the other day. I am 19+5 STM 
  • Feeling some movements finally as of yesterday!
  • Laying in bed last night cuddling hubby and baby kicked/punched. Hubby sat straight up and was super stoked - no doubt he felt the baby, I didn't even say anything. Yay!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Just hit 18 weeks and I'm finally feeling regular flutters! No sharp kicks yet, just light flutters every evening. This pregnancy is so different from my last, I really wonder if it's a boy or girl!! 
  • I am reasonably sure that I felt something today. I was in bed, marveling at how big my bump felt this morning (bigger than my hand, definitely bigger than I have felt it before) with my hand on my tummy. I felt two 'pops' right in a row, and about a minute later I felt a third 'pop' in exactly the same place. Then, this afternoon, I felt another, stronger bubble in almost the same spot. I know it could still be gas, but I choose to believe that it was baby. My husband swears that he can hear fluid moving around when he puts his ear to my bump and talks or sings to it, and my doctor always has a hard time getting an ultrasound or hearing the heartbeat, because she says that baby is super active. So excited!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Forgot to post an update last week, but I have been getting A LOT of more distinct movements recently (probably started getting real/consistent movement around 19 weeks - anterior placenta). I am loving it. She is most active early morning and then night time (9-11 pm) which from what I have read is pretty common. 

DH was also able to feel her on the outside the other night!! I was shocked just since I have an anterior placenta, I wasn't expecting him to be able to feel anything for a while. He cant' feel her all the time (which is still frustrating for him), only if she's kicking really hard. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @sehp8b the multiple "pops" in the same spot sounds just like the first movements I was feeling which convinced me that it was baby and not gas. Kind of like popcorn kernels popping inside you? I'm pretty sure you're correct that it's baby. You'll feel that more and more in the next couple weeks along with some other added movements; a lot of times it feels similar to having a twitchy nerve (to me at least) or something that I can't quite describe but it almost definitely baby flipping over. 

My husband does the same thing trying to listen to baby. I keep telling him it's probably digestive noises and even the midwife said it's unlikely he can hear anything without a stethoscope, but he insists on doing it anyway :smiley:
  • I'm pretty sure I felt movement two nights ago! like many of you I was laying in bed and all of a sudden I felt repeated pops where the ultrasound tech said his feet were just that morning. @CapricaAndrea - popcorn popping inside is a really good way of describing it! I could even feel a few of them externally. I was thinking about calling my hubby into the room but I decided to enjoy the first experience for myself. :)

I definitely didn't expect to feel anything this early because I have an anterior placenta and I was 17+6. Haven't felt anything since then but I'm looking forward to the next. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haven't felt really any movement in the last few days, but was laying in bed last night with the doppler when baby kicked it twice.  I was pushing in pretty hard and felt two thumps that made the doppler jump up.  Craziest feeling!  Then I guess baby got mad and turned away because I couldn't hear much after that lol.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Felt legit karate chops from the outside yesterday. Never fails to make me laugh to see DH's face when he feels them. Definitely only felt the first fish flops around this GA last time and didn't feel this type of movement until like 24-25 weeks. ANTERIOR PLACENTA BE DAMNED! It's still not consistent because it's only on one side due to the placenta but it's better than nothing. 
  • Am I seriously the only person who doesn't enjoy the movement?!?! It's painful most of the time and I'm just not a fan. 
  • Nooo movement!!! I feel a slight pain every now and then maybe that's movement like you say ? @LoveLee85