June 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest!

Re: Monday Bitchfest!

• DD yelled about it being too dark at 4:30am, and I never went back to sleep. Oh, and it does look like I'll be heading to the dentist this afternoon for a root canal (or two...can't seem to figure out which tooth is the problem, and both of them had cavities filled a few weeks ago which have never stopped hurting). BOO.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • c1tym0m22 said:
    DD yelled about it being too dark at 4:30am, and I never went back to sleep. Oh, and it does look like I'll be heading to the dentist this afternoon for a root canal (or two...can't seem to figure out which tooth is the problem, and both of them had cavities filled a few weeks ago which have never stopped hurting). BOO.
    Yuck i am sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am at work with a full week ahead.  I am also so irrationally annoyed that the students are off Monday the 20th for Presidents' Day, but is teachers have a stupid full day of training.  So lame.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Wino0920Wino0920 member
    edited February 2017
    Today is my son's Valentine's Day party at school. First, I bought the cards that are impossible to write on the back due to the glossy finish, wtf? Then, bought a bag of suckers to compliment the cards, only to come up 2 short. Now I have to rush to store before school to buy a whole new bag for 2 dang suckers. 
  • DH woke me when he came into bed at 1:15 and then proceeded to tell me DD felt warm. So I went into anxiety mode checking her temp with the ear thermometer while trying not to wake her (temp was 99.5) and then worrying she would be worse by morning. I was up until 4 worrying and my alarm went off at 5 for work. She had no temp when she woke up. 

• My leave balance got messed up when I transferred agencies. It's been an on going issue for a few months. They conducted an audit a month ago but they won't give me the results-they keep moving the meeting. I vented to my manager about the meeting (it's out of his hands) and his response was obnoxious. It started out with HR is dealing with more important situations than yours. He then said that I will "either have enough leave or won't so just prep for the worst". Then followed up with the most insane comment... he no sh*t said "what's your obsession with 12 weeks, why are you so fixated on taking so much time off? Even if you're only able to take the 7 weeks- that's a long vacation." I kept it cool but I did nothing but simmer all weekend long about this. 
  • @neludelu That would have made me SO angry! Let me guess - he doesn't have kids?
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • c1tym0m22 said:
    @neludelu That would have made me SO angry! Let me guess - he doesn't have kids?
    Yep
  • @neludelu what an a-hole.  Hope you get it straightened out.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • jesselayne8jesselayne8 member
    edited February 2017
    My 3&5yr olds really need to learn to include their little sister.  I am over hearing about how she ruins everything.  I'm going to need the 3 of you to play in harmony come June.  Mmmmmkay thanks! 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • @Wearmi1 That's no fun at all - I'm glad you could escape. Have you had prior conversations about her smoking around you (and the baby!)?

Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • I'm about ready to lose it on people at work.  Listen kids, you have a job to do, and I have a job to do. My job DOES NOT include doing YOUR job for you!  Do your own shit, I'm not here to hold your hand! 

June seems so far away...

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Ugh, I'm sorry, @Wearmi1.

My MBF is about my mom as well. I cut ties with my mom yesterday. Haven't seen or heard from her in weeks. Yesterday I get a text from her at 8am 'what's up for today?' I reply 'I'm not sure.' She says 'ok?' Well, listen, it's 8am, I haven't planned my day yet. So she gets snotty and says 'are you going to be around or not?' Yeah, I'm not doing this. So, I say 'clearly you know by now I have some issues with you, I don't want to pretend and play nice.' She says 'get over it, you always have issues with me, sorry I don't live up to your expectations.' 

Cool, say no more. I'm over it. She keeps going. So, I let her have it and I'm not very nice. She takes zero culpability nor tries to rectify or fight to see my girls, she just says 'sorry you feel that way, will always love you and the girls, wish you the best. 

I feel pretty much at peace with my decision, but I have so much guilt at the same time. My girls ask about her all the time, but I don't feel it's fair that it's when it's convenient for her and then when she does come over and they ask her to play, she declines and wants to gossip about her life instead. 
  • @neludelu I am usually one to convince myself to just let things go at work... but that comment would be going to HR too. There's just a little bit of a difference between vacation and maternity leave, not to mention the fact that you shouldn't lose leave time because of someone else's error!! 
    @Wearmi1 Sorry you had to deal with that. 

My MBF is that I'm back at work after using sick days Thursday and Friday and everything is a mess.... I suppose I should have expected it. 
  • I'm sorry @Stankonia2014 :(  You're doing what's best for your mental health and I'm sure your girls have lots and lots of other people in their lives who genuinely care for them and want to spend time with them.  Hugs for you!
  • So sorry you're dealing with that, @stankonia2014.  Just know you're doing what is best for you and your family, and that's ok!  I totally get the guilt, but you have nothing to feel guilty over.  Huge hugs.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• @Wearmi1 so sorry you got that response from your mom... but that waffle sure sounds delicious!  You did the right thing, I get you are in her home but she should not be smoking around you.

@Stankonia2014 I knew you were concerned about your plans for delivery if you couldn't count of your mom... then add the general, emotional stress the relationship has on you and your family.  ::hugs:: I hope you feel at peace with taking a stance and standing up for yourself and family.
  • My bitch is that I have what is either terrible allergies or a cold right now that is absolutely brutal.  I need to take the good stuff and cannot have the good stuff and it is the wooooorst.  I haven't gotten more than 5 hours of broken sleep in any given night since Thursday.  I took a nap while DD napped yesterday and woke up feeling worse.  Uuuuuuugh.  At least when I'm on maternity leave and am not sleeping I can breathe through my effing nose.  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOSE??  CAN YOU GIVE ME ONE NOSTRIL TO BREATHE THROUGH PLEASE?  IS THAT TOO MUCH FOR YOU? 

And since we're currently in the thick of home renovations which will likely include ripping the roof off at some point this week, I can't even work from home because they keep having to cut electricity at random and I lose the Internet connection when that happens, obviously.  So I have to get up at the ass crack of dawn and drag myself into the office every day.  I hope it's just allergies, because I don't need DD getting whatever this is.

• edited February 2017
    @c1tym0m22 I've always hated my moms smoking.  I think it's the most disgusting habit.  She's smoked my whole life.  I did not specifically talk to her about not smoking around me but it seems like common sense.  There are so many harmful chemicals in cigarettes why would you want to expose your pregnant daughter to it.  I mean she was even smoking while I was in the car with her.  I had to roll my window down and dam near hang my head outside like a dog to get away from it.  

Edited.. autocorrect got me 
  • @Wearmi1 Ugh smoker parents are the worst.  I can totally sympathize.  My parents both smoke and we don't go visit very often because their house stinks so bad.  They don't smoke in the house while we are there, thankfully, but I still get a sore throat every time just from the residual.
    I laid down the law when I was pregnant with DD and said if they smoked around me or DD that we would never come visit again.  And I mean it.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @Wearmi1 @Stankonia2014

Kudos to both of you for standing up to your Moms and setting your boundaries.
    I wish you both peace as you handle your respective situations

• This happened awhile ago but it still really bothers me. I went to the pharmacy to buy some pain killers and b/c I've had pregnancy brain I decided to double check with the pharmacist that acetaminophen was the correct pain killer to get for a pregnant woman. When I asked, his response was "it's just Tylenol, of course it's safe for pregnant women" :angry: What about "just Advil"? Or "just aspirin"? What a jerk. 
  • I did indeed need a root canal this afternoon. Numbness is wearing off, and I think I'm really going to wish for something stronger than Tylenol. A colleague suggested whiskey...
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @Wearmi1 My Mom smokes at home too.  When I was pregnant with my first I told her we wouldn't be bringing the baby to her house because of the smoke and she would have to keep a change of clothes at our house to change into before she held the baby.  She was really upset at first but she came around.  She got her house deep cleaned and the vents all cleaned and bought a super expensive air purifier.  We slowly started taking DD over there and she never smoked when we are there or stay the night.  She knows I cannot handle it and don't want my kids around it. She still smokes at home when we aren't there but with the air purifier it really doesn't smell as bad.  I definitely have to wash everything after we visit.  It just smells like stale smoke.  That's been our compromise . I hope your mom can come around too!! And I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and got some sleep! 
  • I think it's awesome that some of you ladies have been able to stand up to your parents! That is tough stuff.

@CapricaAndrea how freaking rude. I would have definitely been snotty right back. 

My BF is that Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday. Why can't it just be like, the second Saturday of every February, or something? I completely forgot about it until tonight and I'm pretty sure DH has forgotten about it as well considering he asked if I wanted to go to IKEA with his mom tomorrow. 
  • @c1tym0m22 glad you got it taken care of, hopefully the pain goes away quickly! 

• I had a meeting with my former principal today. He informed me that our district is being sued by an outside company for copyright infringement. I'm not being named in the lawsuit, but I might have to be called in for questioning as a witness because my name as well as other teachers in the department came up when they searches emails dealing with the company. Even though it probably won't be a big deal, it has me on edge! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Wearmi1 @Stankonia2014 Good for you guys standing up to your moms. Whatever happens, establishing boundaries against destructive behavior is always going to be healthiest for you and for your kids. Stay strong.
  • @Wearmi1 and @Stankonia2014 I'm sorry you're both dealing with crap with your moms.  Family can bring the most stress!  

AFM - I'm giving a giant middle finger to my POS house.  We have been here coming up on 4 years.  In that time the water heater has went, the furnace has went, the gradation had to be redone, the retaining wall and walkway had to be completely redone, the wood framing around Windows and doors had to be replaced due to wood rot and softening, the front door had to be replaced for wood rot and softening, the roof has leaked from the asshat ice dams in 2015 and we're pretty much in the woods so we've had two infestations of wood boring bees.  Those are just some of the "bigger" things.  This weekend, we woke up to a small flood in the basement from a condensation pump that died.  Then we came home from Home Depot (with new pump), only to realize my garage door wouldn't open because the springs completely snapped.  Technician came out yesterday and the entire system had to go!  Tonight we heard "drip... Drip... Drip..."  Another GD leak from more ice dams that crept up on us after back to back storms of 8"+ each.  F this house!  Can't wait to sell this POS.  
  • @Elyse1384 ugh - sorry about all the house problems. Hope you catch a break soon. 
  • Thanks ladies.  Ugh my grandma just called me all panicked about where was I and did my mother know where I was?  I appreciate the concern but I'm alomost 35 years old and I didn't just run away from home or something.   I checked into a hotel for my health.  Why must it be such a huge deal?  
  • @Elyse1384 I'm sorry about your house.  I moved into my hubbies bachelor fixer upper that never got the fixed part taken care of and we have a lot issues too. Something's always broken and my husband can do everything himself he works too much and doesn't have a lot of time for it.  
  • So pissed right now. I just got a notice on the mail saying I am being sent to collections for a library fine. I was extremely sick during the beginning of my first trimester and could barely get out of bed so I couldn't return a couple of dds books. They were a few weeks late and when I turned them in I was up to $13. According to this notice since I haven't paid yet they are wanting us to pay $70 and sending us to collections! In the two years living here I have owed more than a dollar so I had no idea this could happen. I have to call and straighten it out tomorrow. But now I guess I know why none of my friends take their kids to the library anymore! 
  • @Elyse1384 I sympathize on the POS house problems.  Our house is 30 years old and never renovated so we are having to fix all of the problems that crop up.  It's just one thing after another.  And we have no money for some of it (like rotten windows) so they just keep getting worse. 
    @Kylieslip24 I am a librarian and I think that's ridiculous!!!  I'm pretty sure we would never (at my library) send someone to collections, especially for just a couple books.  What we do is just put a restriction on their account and say they can't check out books until they pay the fine.  Maybe bigger libraries are more aggressive?  I guess every library is different but I just don't get the point of such an extreme action.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @kdanjou I think it's because I'm in California. I know our libraries have no money and are only open 4 half days a week at most locations. That's why I always try to support them. Our library it tiny too! The size of a livingroom. It has a children's shelf instead of room. Lol I have no problem paying the late fees, but I can't afford to just give  them $70 that's insane. If they can't work with me I really won't be able to go to the library anymore, which is sad because dd and I love the library. But I just can't risk that happening again. 
  • @Elyse1384, ugh, that sounds awful.  I can commiserate, we recently bought what I deem a money pit, but your issues are on a whole different level. I'm sorry.