July 2017 Moms

Anatomy Scans Thread

Re: Anatomy Scans Thread

• @ThePecks I also have placenta previa and they said not to worry bout it too much now. The high risk doctor will recheck in three weeks and if it hasn't moved at all we will talk pelvic rest at that time! And the same thing happened with my
    little guys heart. My doc said the angles of the pics can sometimes be a bit hard to get all the right shots. I've also read that if your placenta is anterior it is more likely to move- mine is not. And I found out my MIL had it with my husband which is interesting! Let's hope we both get good news at our follow up!  
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a ball of nerves!  My scan is first thing in the morning!!!  Love seeing all these results!
  • good luck @caribbeanmama!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I'm right there with you, @caribbeanmama! My stomach is so nervous - my scan is 8:00 am Friday and I keep coming back to this thread to see all the happy, normal results, hoping to reassure myself.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats @abmommy15
    prayers and don't be nervous!! @ktewart @caribbeanmama
  • @caribbeanmama @ktewart I feel you both, I am also tomorrow at 8AM and I don't think I'll sleep tonight with the anticipation! Praying everything goes well, good luck to both of you!

I have not felt the baby move yet so I'm looking forward to confirmation that it's all normal and real, we are also finding out the gender. I'm nervous but excited!! Will post an update after. I'm hoping to breathe a big sigh of relief after this one. 
  • Off to my scan in about 1/2 an hour. @Knottie17204904, I'll be thinking of you today! Sounds like we're in at the same time!

@caribbeanmama, I've been thinking of you! I hope everything looked beautiful!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2017
    @ktewart thanks for checking in!  The tech said eveything looked normal on the scan!  

Hope you and @Knottie17204904 have good results!

Whine: The tech was zoomed in super close and kept freezing the frames, so I didn't get to see the baby in full body profile moving around much :( I'm still irked about that - as silly as it sounds I feel like I didn't get to check and see that the baby looked okay.

edit: posted too soon.
  • @ktewart Congrats!!! That's amazing news!  So happy for your family!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy for great news all around!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Hooray for good news!! 
  • Yay! @ktewart so exciting!!
  • @ktewart YAY! I love seeing your updates, as a fellow mama expecting twins (B/G here too!). I love the names :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Woohoo BG twins!! So exciting! Congrats @ktewart ! Can't wait to hear how your husband reacts :). Bummer about the renewed pelvic rest. Hope the placenta moves up. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Yay!!! So happy to see good news from everyone. I'm going on Monday morning and very nervous/excited as well. It's a good reminder that most of the time everything is fine. I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. For  those that are anxiously awaiting scans... I hope we find lots of distractions and have good news soon
  • Mine is on Wednesday ahhhh!!! The suspense is killing me, but Im happy to see so many good results on this thread so far!!
  • @kat0607 @Bostonlady good luck!!!  Mine is in march the waaaaiittt. 
  • Congrats @yanchuss!!! So exciting!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm starting to panic about the possibility that the ultrasound tech won't tell us ANYTHING about whether or not baby's systems are looking normal. The absolute last thing I want is to be left in the dark during the whole scan. Maybe an irrational fear...but my next doctors appointment is in a week, and I don't want to wait that much longer to learn if everything is okay or not. I'm probably jumping to worst case scenario, but I'm afraid the tech won't even answer our questions like "does that look normal"? Im just really scared to have a bad experience, because it's not as exciting for them as it is for me...it's just another baby on a screen to them.
  • @kat0607 I had the same fear for both my NT scan and the anatomy scan. I had two different techs for each so I asked in advance "will you be talking us through it or will we wait to hear from the dr." That way, I knew what to expect off the bat and didn't panic if she wasn't talking us through it. Maybe that could help you as well. I know the anticipation sucks though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My scan is Friday and I am a ball of nervous. I keep googling "false negative NIPT". Even without a trisomy there are so many anomalies or issues...it's scary. What if baby has a severe cardiac defect? Am I emotionally ready to make a decision regarding quality of life and termination? Cue the week long panic...and I'm off starting tomorrow for the rest of the week so I don't even have the distraction of work. 

So so happy for all the wonderful news so far, ladies!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • My scan is Friday and I am a ball of nervous. I keep googling "false negative NIPT". Even without a trisomy there are so many anomalies or issues...it's scary. What if baby has a severe cardiac defect? Am I emotionally ready to make a decision regarding quality of life and termination? Cue the week long panic...and I'm off starting tomorrow for the rest of the week so I don't even have the distraction of work. 

So so happy for all the wonderful news so far, ladies!
    Big hugs to you!!!!! It is so nerve wracking. Prayers  for you! 
  • Can I ask----has anyone ever had the 1 in 10 chance of a bad gender scan aka they didn't see it was a boy?  :) I am guessing that's the only way that runs.
  • Can I ask----has anyone ever had the 1 in 10 chance of a bad gender scan aka they didn't see it was a boy?  :) I am guessing that's the only way that runs.
    My SIL elected to have an early scan at 15 weeks so she could tell family sooner and they said it was a boy. She had her A/S around week 22 and surprise! It was a girl. She's almost 4 now. In that case, it was that she went too early and not that the regularly scheduled anatomy scan was wrong, though. 
  • kat0607 said:
    I'm starting to panic about the possibility that the ultrasound tech won't tell us ANYTHING about whether or not baby's systems are looking normal. The absolute last thing I want is to be left in the dark during the whole scan. Maybe an irrational fear...but my next doctors appointment is in a week, and I don't want to wait that much longer to learn if everything is okay or not. I'm probably jumping to worst case scenario, but I'm afraid the tech won't even answer our questions like "does that look normal"? Im just really scared to have a bad experience, because it's not as exciting for them as it is for me...it's just another baby on a screen to them.
    This was how my scan was with DS. The tech wouldn't give me ANYTHING and it was so frustrating. She kept saying, "I can't say because I'm not the radiologist that will read the images". She wouldn't even say, "and this is the ____"... I would have to ask "what am I looking at?" I felt sad when I left and went crazy until my appt with my OB a few days later. Like a PP suggested, maybe just ask the tech from the beginning what you can expect so you can be prepared. I wish I had been more of an advocate for myself buy reminding the tech that this is my first time and while I know she can't say if things look ok or not, I'd love for her to walk me through what we are looking at. 
    Yeap! My friend was told boy just like @Texascat quite definitely and she then had a girl! She was quite shocked! 
  • @Katie______ I've also got a story that doesn't pertain to me personally. My brother and his wife were told at the anatomy scan that they were most likely having a girl (granted they said they weren't sure). Their baby BOY came home to pink bedding lol. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• ^ and that's one of the many reasons I wanted to do a NiPT test aswell, not that it matters but I'm a planner. 
  • @Yellow_Daisy
    @BusyZee
    @Texascat
    Thanks! I guess it runs both ways! My sister was supposed to be a boy but we're in our thirties and back then it was the doctor really felt......strongly.....and well doctor's intuition isn't the same as our scans! :)  My baby did have their hand right in the spot at 12 weeks and someone asked --is it a boy? We were all like no...it's a hand!  Just curious as I have been staying pretty gender neutral and maybe that's good and surprises are fun (and yes we're finding out!)
  • Follow up level 2 A/S yesterday gave a little more clarity. I have a low lying placenta and not a total previa, so I'll go back in 6-7 weeks for a follow up to see if it's moved or not. Also got the quad screening blood work back and that was negative for the NTD, DS, and Trisomy 18. They still couldn't see a nasal bone or get the look they wanted on that, so still might be something, or it just might be that baby is just behind on growing that part. Google tells me it's one of the hardest things to see, so I've decided to not worry about it for now since the blood work and everything else looks normal. Feeling much better and can stop stressing about this for now!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @ThePecks glad your bloodwork came back negative!

Does anyone know if there is a timeframe to perform the a/s? My appointment is currently scheduled for Friday, however my DH is having a work crisis and may be out of town. I don't want him to miss the scan- it's our first baby, and I don't have any family in the area so it is important to me that he is there. I don't know if he will be unavailable so have not called the office to reschedule just yet... They are booked months in advance so I am nervous about getting another appointment in the near future. I'll be 19+2 on Friday.