July 2017 Moms

Weekly symptoms 2/13

Getting this started early bc I have a question!
Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 

Re: Weekly symptoms 2/13

• Last night at 2am I woke up with an intense cramp feeling on my left side (where baby seems to hang out), exactly where I have been having pain since the beginning that my OB has called "RLP". It was really bad, radiating into my back and down my legs, and I also woke up nauseous, maybe from the pain? Going to the bathroom (#2) seemed to help a little bit, and I was able to get back to sleep still in pain after about an hour.
    This morning it still feels like an intense period cramp on the one side, not really nauseous anymore though.
    Any ideas what this could be? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I'm not sure I've had anything quite as painful, but I definitely get pains on the left side that seem to be related to #2. I'm not sure if that area is just getting squished, maybe something is laying on some nerves, or maybe the progesterone is just messing it with it somehow. Whatever it is, I've been having it since at least 8 weeks. Not all the time, but when it does happen, drinking more water and going to the bathroom seems to help. I haven't asked a doctor about it, so I'm not sure what it is, but I have had a similar problem. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • So I had a cold....that seems to be over, but I just have a constant running nose- seriously like a faucet of clearness. It stinks! I have organic vaporub for at night/elevated head or even I tried my feet/ breathe right strips but not much helps because its just runny. I did go back on my claritin, but that can't be it, because it would slow down some.  Any advice?  I work from home but if I was in an office, I'd be sent home I swear.  That and fun symptom- I tend to be craving biscuits. This kid may be full of biscuits.
  • Last night at 2am I woke up with an intense cramp feeling on my left side (where baby seems to hang out), exactly where I have been having pain since the beginning that my OB has called "RLP". It was really bad, radiating into my back and down my legs, and I also woke up nauseous, maybe from the pain? Going to the bathroom (#2) seemed to help a little bit, and I was able to get back to sleep still in pain after about an hour.
    This morning it still feels like an intense period cramp on the one side, not really nauseous anymore though.
    Pelvic girdle pain? 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pelvic girdle pain? 
    I just came back on to say that's what I think it is! I definitely did a lot of laundry and stuff yesterday, and my hips had been hurting last week, which I attributed to being in the car too much and of course doing fieldwork.
    When I google that though, I mostly come up with articles from the UK or Australia - do we have a different term here in the US?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I can't with the bladder control issues that started this week! I had a really hard time with things like running/ jumping jacks etc after having DD and it took several months to finally be able to do those types of things again and now when I sneeze or even just going to the bathroom I feel like my bladder is emptied and I stand up and pee a little more! :| I don't even know what to do to try to help now cause the only thing that worked was time after having DD. It's going to be a long time until July if this keeps up...
    Any STMs have this issue or am I just special?!
  • I just came back on to say that's what I think it is! I definitely did a lot of laundry and stuff yesterday, and my hips had been hurting last week, which I attributed to being in the car too much and of course doing fieldwork.
    When I google that though, I mostly come up with articles from the UK or Australia - do we have a different term here in the US?
    I haven't heard it called by any other names, but I think it can be misdiagnosed as sciatic pain, so that's worth a look at too for research/treatment. I had a co-worker who had it, a support belt worn during the day gave her significant relief. Hope you feel better. 

• Been having some dizziness lately but nothing too concerning, I need to get in the habit of keeping a snack on hand at all times. My lower back also hurts and gets tired really easily if I'm on my feet for too long during the day. I feel like this could have been prevented if I would have stuck to my original workout plan and started yoga earlier. I've also been feeling baby move so much this week...but DH hasn't caught a kick at the right moment yet.
  • I just came back on to say that's what I think it is! I definitely did a lot of laundry and stuff yesterday, and my hips had been hurting last week, which I attributed to being in the car too much and of course doing fieldwork.
    I haven't heard it called by any other names, but I think it can be misdiagnosed as sciatic pain, so that's worth a look at too for research/treatment. I had a co-worker who had it, a support belt worn during the day gave her significant relief. Hope you feel better. 
    Thanks for the info!!
    It seems ridiculous bc I don't feel THAT big yet! But one article I just read said that hypermobility in the joints in a possible risk factor and I've definitely always had that. Darn, this really sucks! Must be my payback for minimal morning sickness...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hellllooooo swelling.
  • LuLiLaEv said:
    I can't with the bladder control issues that started this week! I had a really hard time with things like running/ jumping jacks etc after having DD and it took several months to finally be able to do those types of things again and now when I sneeze or even just going to the bathroom I feel like my bladder is emptied and I stand up and pee a little more! :| I don't even know what to do to try to help now cause the only thing that worked was time after having DD. It's going to be a long time until July if this keeps up...
    Any STMs have this issue or am I just special?!
    Yes yes yes and yes. I have a cold too so whenever I blow my nose too hard I pee also. It's horrible. And I frequently will go to the bathroom, empty my bladder, walk back to my bed and have to pee again. And I'll go a full bladder amount! It's crazy!
  • I'm a FTM and I peed a little on myself yesterday after a particularly hefty bladder kick... I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until later?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    lol it happened to me last week, it was so embarrassing, I was wearing a maxi skirt and we (me and H) were in the kitchen and I sneezed and.. 
    my husband laughed at me for an hour for being so embarrassed. 
  • my teeth bled a a decent bit last night while brushing  and I'm worried I should not take too many supplements (I was going to take vit c for the bleeding) what are you guys doing about it? I'm sorry if I missed an earlier tips. 

Also im not sure if the bleeding is really my teeth since I'm having nose bleeds too (is there a connection could the blood be in my throat ?) 
  • Carpal tunnel anyone?  I've waken up multiple times in a night now for about a week straight with numb, tingly hands.  It seems a bit early for this as I remember having it last pregnancy but later on.  It's driving me nuts and really cutting into my sleep.  Argh!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I woke up this morning and my entire body just ached. I didn't want to move so I told the office I'm working from home. Now I feel completely fine except for the nagging backache.  

Is is this a sign I should invest in a Snoogle?
  • @Twinkiedoll I just ordered my snoogle!  I slept hooooorribly on Saturday night.  I could NOT get comfortable and I was sore and just yuck.  I was in a not-so-fun mood on Sunday because of it.  I'm hoping this pillow will be my knight in shining armor.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BusyZee I am having the nosebleeds + the gum bleeds here and there. My nose bleeds every.single.day. I have to ask my dr about it bc they have me taking baby apsirin everyday so I think that may be a contributing factor. I am so over all the blood. UGH. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MrsLa3 said:
    Hellllooooo swelling.
    Same here! I woke up with some swelling in my hands and feet for a few days. I couldn't wear my wedding rings for 2 days. Doc says all is fine, just to remember to take my rings off and not force them on lol. 
  • @cielaw89 I worry about that!  I hope it will be obvious when I can't wear my ring anymore.  I try to take it off every night. But what if I suddenly swell after I have it on? I don't want to lose a finger!  
  • @Twinkiedoll I mess with my ring unintentionally all throughout the day, so I take it off and put it on multiple times. I just don't like the idea of having to cut my rings off or lose my finger lol. Usually I can feel the swelling coming on when I move my fingers. I guess if your fingers swell when it's on, run some cold water on your hands and try to wiggle it off. My husband has used butter and soap on his own ring when he swells lol
  • @irishrose54 yes nose bleeds every single morning! I'm so silly I just came back from the doc and forgot to ask her!!
  • Anyone still getting headaches? I'm 17 weeks. Thought I'd be past them at this point. 
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited February 2017
    @satsumasandlemons 18w1d and they are finally letting up.

ETA: *knock on wood*
  • MamaRN13MamaRN13 member
    edited February 2017
    @satsumasandlemons mine are finally giving me some relief. I will still get a naggy one if I don't drink enough water but they aren't nearly as terrible as they were. Fingers X'd you're almost done with them!

Edit because words are hard 
  • @satsumasandlemons mine are still around, but only one this week which is an improvement. (19weeks tomorrow)

• The restless legs are already starting!! 
  • @BusyZee I don't have nose bleeds but my nose is always so dry, and if I blow my nose it's slightly bloody. But my gums definitely are bleeding when I brush my teeth. 

@mrscate88 Yes! Restless legs mostly in the evening and at night. 

For me mainly, my sciatica is through out the whole day everyday. It is so much more intense this pregnancy than my first. Does anyone have any tips for relief? 

• @satsumasandlemons I didn't even start getting headaches until the second trimester! But headache days usually mean no nausea, so I'll take it.
  • @maybeitsmadeline Lol I get distracted by my pulse if I'm trying to focus on baby moving. He moves dramatically enough now that I don't have to be real quiet to notice, but if I am I get confused if I'm just feeling my pulse in my hands/chest or if I'm feeling baby moving. (side note: I don't have high BP at all, so it must be the extra blood) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • BusyZee said:
    my teeth bled a a decent bit last night while brushing  and I'm worried I should not take too many supplements (I was going to take vit c for the bleeding) what are you guys doing about it? I'm sorry if I missed an earlier tips. 

Also im not sure if the bleeding is really my teeth since I'm having nose bleeds too (is there a connection could the blood be in my throat ?) 
    Extra bleeding is due to hormones but def watch the teeth to make sure it's nothing elee. My gums bleed a ton when I'm pg(my third) and I'm currently in braces lucky me as well as with the last. They actually told me to add a cleaning into the year bc the hormones make your gums tender and more swelling. Therefore harder to keep clean. Never skip flossing :) I also get a few nose bleeds nothing bad though. 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @Cejiml I think I should be more vigilant with flossing! My nose bleeds aren't that bad either, only one was a bit more than usual but it's also mostly just dried up blood like @LM1007 said!

@maybeitsmadeline I don't feel baby moving yet but I am definitely more aware of my pulse now
  • BusyZee said:
    @Cejiml I think I should be more vigilant with flossing! My nose bleeds aren't that bad either, only one was a bit more than usual but it's also mostly just dried up blood like @LM1007 said!

@maybeitsmadeline I don't feel baby moving yet but I am definitely more aware of my pulse now
    Get a pack of Floss Picks, they are so easy to use and so flexible between the teeth. I floss twice a day now and never forget, just because there is no hassle anymore. 
  • getting tired more easily as time wears on. RLP in full force on the left side, some days worse than others. Started getting boob tingling randomly and noticed I've developed stretch marks on one of them already! Otherwise, been doing pretty well lately. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @Mrscate88 I love those floss picks!seriously makes flossing fun!
  • @Mrscate88 I love those floss picks!seriously makes flossing fun!
    I know, whoever created them is brilliant (and probably very rich)!!! 
  • @ThePecks have you started using stretch mark lotion? I've received two different types from mom friends - after the second I just said "fine" and used it on my likely-to-stretch areas, in anticipation of the growing. I have the Burt's Bees Belly Balm and Cocoa Butter lotion.
  • So something I've started noticing... I can constantly feel my pulse.  I guess it's the extra blood pumping through my body, but I feel it all the time.  I'm trying to concentrate to see if I can feel baby move, but I get distracted by my pulse!  Anyone else?
    Yep - I distinguish the difference based on if its rhythmic or not. Your pulse will obviously be rhythmic, while baby moving will not. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker