Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie

Re: Monday Bitchfest 2/13

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    Everyone had a good weekend?!  lol 

Okay well.  My cousin came down to visit and while she wasn't sick literally everyone she visited got the flu.  And I mean everyone!  One of my Aunt's told me my other cousins had it last week so we suspect that she caught something while visiting them and brought it back here to me, my Mom, my Aunt (and her family) and my Nan.  I haven't come into contact with any of these people in the past month or so, so I didn't catch it from them.  What pissed me off the most was I spent a month planning my Dad's 60th birthday bash on Saturday and I couldn't even go.  Neither could my Mom.  I was soooo disappointed.  He ended up having an amazing time while I was stuck at home puking my brains out.  *sigh*  But as long as he enjoyed it that's really all that counts!  :)   

Okay so maybe it wasn't her fault but it sure seems that way.  This is not the first time she has come down and got our entire family sick though.  Just odd that we all got sick.  Every last one of us.  All at the same time.  RIGHT after seeing her.  Needless to say I had my first meal in 2 days today and it was wonderful haha!  I was able to at least keep water down and sipped on Pedialyte over the past 2 days to make sure baby was getting what it needed.  I know they will suck the life from you anyways (haha!) but I thought it would help and each sip did make me feel better.  

ETA:  Not actual influenza.  The stomach flu.   
  • ^Lol ugh im sorry you had to go through that. 

Iv been extremely anti social for the same reason, I don't understand why people try to meet each other while they sneeze, cough, blow their nose near your face. Stay at home. Keep the germs to yourself please. Iv been trying to avoid one of my closest friends for the first time, she has bronchitis and she's not doing much to take care of herself either which is annoying. 

She wanted to make me some if my favourite ethnic foods but I had to tell her this weekend that I don't feel comfortable her cooking me meals while she's coughing and sneezing lol
  • Loading the player...
  • MY MBF is that I'm getting irrationally annoyed by whatever my mum says to me. How boring right? But I'm so annoyed !!!!

I know she's the type to stay on the pessimistic spectrum (she thinks having your hopes high is stupid) but she's going a bit extreme this time. I'm far far away from family and I don't need to hear it during this time. Especially not over FT.

She keeps saying I don't believe in the NiPT results, what if you had twins and now your left with the girl twin so don't be sure (so annoying ) 

also, don't buy anything and keeps judging me for buying my diaper bag "already" and thinks it's too lavish (She has the biggest hand bag collection ever so what hipocracy seriously) 

then she goes your bump looks kinda low that's not how a boy stomach looks (wtf my bump is barely there I don't know what she's talking about)

the last straw was her talking about beautiful baby bumps. okay I get it but are you seriously comparing me to people's bumps now?! 

Then, she's "concerned" about my baby name choice because no one else has it and it seems a bit "out of tradition".... like it's taboo or something. 

My sister is the worst person to share anything with her brain is always wandering somewhere else. 

I'm making a long list of complaints to my dad right now maybe he can keep her check. Also he's a good listener. Ugh I feel so annoyed  :'(

• I fell last night because my dumb dog left her chewy in the middle of the rug in the living room. Her chewy is a light beige color and so is our rug. It was night time and I just didn't see it. I stepped dead on it and I slammed down on my knees so hard that both of them are super bruised and they're sore. They ache every time I walk. I'm so pissed, but glad I didn't get hurt worse. I threw a massive tantrum last night over it because I came dangerously close to hitting my stomach on the giant wooden ottoman. We now have a rule that the dog is no longer allowed to have chewies unless she's actively chewing on it. 
  • MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm starting not to like work. Everything is starting to pile up and I'm just done. June can't come soon enough.

Eta: words are hard today.
  • @MrsLa3 I'm counting down the days, too!  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Yesterday night, our fence was destroyed by 60+mph damaging winds. Two whole panels flew off, and three posts were completely bent and broken. It's probably going to be very pricey to replace. Blah :(

Also, I have a cold AGAIN! I'm about ready to just buy myself a plastic bubble so I can keep away from all these germs. It's like my body has zero ability to fend off any sickness. 

Sorry for the monday bitch, but it's been a doozy of a Monday so far! 
  • My MBF is that the woman who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall REEKS of cigarette smoke at all times. Thankfully a lot of what she does takes her out of the office for most of the day. But everyone who sits around me is a smoker and I have no sympathy when they start coughing up a lung when they come back inside. I'm about to stand up and spray Lysol directly on her. My nose being extra sensitive just makes matters worse. I just cannot stand the smell of old, leftover smoke. Or even fresh smoke. Ugh.
  • kat0607 said:
    My MBF is that the woman who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall REEKS of cigarette smoke at all times. Thankfully a lot of what she does takes her out of the office for most of the day. But everyone who sits around me is a smoker and I have no sympathy when they start coughing up a lung when they come back inside. I'm about to stand up and spray Lysol directly on her. My nose being extra sensitive just makes matters worse. I just cannot stand the smell of old, leftover smoke. Or even fresh smoke. Ugh.
    Ugh. I have zero tolerance for cigarette smoke, pregnant or not. I am such a snob about it. 

maybe bring in a reed diffuser or something to try to mask the smell?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1, that's a good idea, but I've been so sensitive to smells lately, I don't want it to be overpowering! Either that or smell smoke AND the reed, then I would just have a pounding headache all day. I need some sort of fan or something. 
  • kat0607 said:
    My MBF is that the woman who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall REEKS of cigarette smoke at all times. Thankfully a lot of what she does takes her out of the office for most of the day. But everyone who sits around me is a smoker and I have no sympathy when they start coughing up a lung when they come back inside. I'm about to stand up and spray Lysol directly on her. My nose being extra sensitive just makes matters worse. I just cannot stand the smell of old, leftover smoke. Or even fresh smoke. Ugh.
    No, if you can't throw it in the washer or the tub, then just "wash her with febreze!" But seriously, I feel for you and I cannot stand that smell either and I totally feel for you. What type of job do you have? Could you complain about second hand smoke and maybe move somewhere else?  
  • @kat0607, I'm sorry about the cigarette smoke. That sounds horrific. I think the idea of a diffuser is great, and hopefully that helps. 
  • @kat0607 So sorry about the cigarette smoke. I have no idea how you deal with it. My favorite restaurant is downtown, and every time I go there there are always people hanging around outside this other building, smoking. I cough every time, try to hold my breath, and actually almost got sick from it when I still had really bad m/s problems. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited February 2017
    @CarsonsMommy I wish I could move...but our wing of the office is pretty tight and there's really no where for me to move to. Also, I'm pretty low on the totem pole here haha so I can't exactly ask to trade spots with someone who has an actual office with a door (instead of a cubicle). Maybe I'm just too shy to ask hahaha

@kerils before I announced I was pregnant, a friend took me into a coffee and cigar shop to show me around, and I basically was going to pass out from holding my breath :lol: they let you smoke inside and I was still so early in the pregnancy, I was like "I need to get out of here" haha. I feel for you! 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    I know @yellow1daisy and @kat0607 it's such a horrible way to go around things . I love girls! She's being absolutely psycho and it's hurtful. Very Hurtful! She did the same thing when I was born (backround) so tomorrow my husband and I are going to talk to my dad to just tell her to stfu. I want my parents to enjoy whatever I have so I also want to be polite because I know In the end she's just going to say "gosh your so hormonal" 

i feel horribly down today. 
    Honestly i feel like tellin her boy or girl she's not welcome if she doesn't stop with this nonsense. 
  • My MBF is rhat I'm trying to work from home but am having periodic power and internet outages. It's been happening all weekend. The power will just flicker and I have to wait forever for the wifi to reboot. Since Saturday, we just flat out lost internet for hours at a time. We had a big rainstorm pass through so I assume that's causing the problem. 
  • My MBF is that the guy who was supposed to come clean the carpets did not come! And now it's after hours so when I called the housing office they told me to call back in the morning. The carpet is starting to smell and I hate being here with it like this.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar
    i hate when that happens!  We ordered a new fridge and range for the kitchen.  Delivery date was supposed to be last Friday.  Home Depot called the day before to tell us the fridge was backordered. However, they failed to mention they weren't going to deliver the range at all.  They didn't show up.  When we called, they said, oh the delivery of both is tied together so they're just going to wait until the fridge arrives A MONTH FROM NOW to install both unless we pay them extra to make separate trips.  
  • I threw my back out on Friday, and it STILL hurts.  I went to the chiropractor twice, and had my physical therapist give me a neck and shoulder massage.  They both said I have a lot of knots and tension in my neck and shoulders, which is why my back isn't getting better.  I have no idea what to do to help it, shy of scheduling a prenatal massage.  I think I'm going to make a call tomorrow.  Happy Valentines Day to meeeeeee!
  • I finally called the nurse at my OB's office to see if they thought I should see a chiropractor or something for this awful pain, and all she said was Tylenol and heating pad and its too early for pelvic pain. 
    And then kept hanging up on me bc she "couldn't hear me". :(
    I would still say I'm in agony if I try to move at all. Thankfully it moved more into my back though so it feels less like cramping.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @twinkiedoll wow a whole month? That sucks! They should have at least let you know up front that that was what was going to happen.  

I'm even more annoyed because H was home and could've called all day but didn't and then once I got home he was suddenly all concerned that I was smelling the musty/wet carpet because I'm pregnant. If he was so concerned why didn't he just call when there was something he could do about it?   
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    2nd bitch post: My cousin is pre-med. Only a month in and it has seriously gone to her head. She's insulting everyone's intelligence left, right and center. I'm about to tell her right where to shove it. I can't even be supportive because this is her 3rd or 4th time going to school for things that are COMPLETELY unrelated to each other. I roll my eyes at how much of her parents money she's wasted.  Her high horse is seriously irking me.

+1 to the work thing. This job was advertised and sold to me as something that it's not. I don't think it was intentional on their part. I sincerely think they just think everything runs grand there. I would love to fire the entire management team and take over.  I'm not normally a cocky person but I am when it comes to my professional life. I know I'm not coming back after leave so I'm just trying to patiently ride this out. Thankfully my colleague who does the same job is supportive and I have an outlet. She's decided to quit when I go on leave because she doesn't want to deal with the "drama that will come" when the management team absorbs my position temporarily. (Ha! Permanently)  I practically begged my manager for a bigger (substantially bigger) workload and she went off about how "we share the workload here." Yeah well,  that's why nothing ever gets done! I've more than proven myself and I know that because my boss is opening a second location and wants me to take on my current job (again, not what I was told it was going to be) at both. But I'm not going to stick around for a job I don't even enjoy. Not to mention he's cheap AF and will never pay me what I'm worth. My manager might be okay with waiting for him to "come around" but I'm not. (Wow. Totally went on another Bitchfest there LOL sorries!)

ETA: This isn't a case of me wanting money for nothing (I'm an "older" millennial, but a millennial none-the-less) I have more to offer then they want me for. I have excellent skills that aren't being put to good use. I don't even care about the money as long as I'm doing what I enjoy and am good at, which involves real work that is challenging and keeps me busy! That's why I took this job. Ad was great, interview was great, pay was shit but I thought the job was something it turned out not to be. 

@BusyZee I'm sorry your Mom is being so terrible! Just tell her to keep her opinions to herself?! My mom will be the first to tell you that I've always "marched to the beat of my own drummer" and she would never say such ridiculous stuff to me. She knows how strong willed I am and that I would NOT put up with shit like that.  I do think that going to your Dad is a good first option but if that doesn't work then silent treatment her for a while. When she asks you should be honest with her. If she still doesn't get it then I'd be hard pressed to want her anywhere around my children. Big hugs cause I know we need our Mama's and it's hard when the ones who should support us the most are bringing us down.  
  • Thanks everyone for listening to me, and sharing the anger haha! It honestly made me feel better! 
    Im also very strong willed but my mum is on another level. She has to downplay all of my happiness always for some twisted reason. She's a proper control freak. She even ruined my wedding dress because she took over and it was the worst thing iv ever worn which she admits. She didn't learn her lesson though. 

My dad called me a bit earlier and said that I should have never told her the gender test in the first place and was like don't you know what she's like? And gave me fifty other examples she's been this way and I have to agree, I should've never told her. But I thought she would be so happy because we never had a brother. Oh well. 

@kerils same here there's this restaurant in a hotel I love going to and ALWAYS there's people smoking outside of the building and walking through them is a pain. It's pretty disgusting. @kat0607 I don't think you should have to deal with passive cig smoke around you, maybe you should ask them. Do they know your pregnant? That's the least anyone could do for you (in my opinion 

@stokesm21 your situation sounds a bit like my husbands, they are over working him without giving a clear picture of his future prospects. He's had 4 bosses rotated and the company seems like a mess. At this point they are just using him I think.
  • Ughhhh I found a great deal on a double bob on Craigslist a few weeks ago and I was all set to pick it up this weekend (it was 4 hours away but I happen to be passing through there for the holiday) and it sold today!!!!  There's nothing else online that's in halfway decent condition anywhere near me and the new one is over $700 once you get the car seat adapter and snack tray.  EFF!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ESG7417ESG7417 member
    edited February 2017
    This was the weekend from hell. I spent more time in the Police Headquarters than I want to say. I got caught in a road rage situation. He was driving erratically, but he would not go away.  The guy would not let me go on a narrow one way street. He had what it seemed like a mental breakdown and was trying to take my picture and video tape me, He was screaming and telling and  threatened to take me to court for being " a bitch" .  This was in a city, luckily people saw this happening and came to my aid ( taking his Lic plate number, which I had taken a picture of) , but he still would not move his truck.  I was about to call 911 and my husband, then a fire Battalion chief came up behind me and scared him off and the FD followed me home.  I called the police and they came  to my home. But I was all out of sorts, until a detective called me and urged me to file a formal complaint against this man. He had been harassing 5 other people, one got a restraining order, ( must have been a direct neighbor) At least I know it was not me, since he was going to other people,but very freaky.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    Woah. That's. Scary!!! @ESG7417
    they should've confiscated his phone 
  • @ESG7417 omg how scary! I'm glad there were other people around to witness how crazy he was being and to help you! I'm sorry you experienced that. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @ESG7417 That is so scary!!!  I'm so sorry you had to deal with that and hope they get that guy off the streets and far away from you.  Just crazy.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ughhhh I found a great deal on a double bob on Craigslist a few weeks ago and I was all set to pick it up this weekend (it was 4 hours away but I happen to be passing through there for the holiday) and it sold today!!!!  There's nothing else online that's in halfway decent condition anywhere near me and the new one is over $700 once you get the car seat adapter and snack tray.  EFF!!!!
    This is my dilemma, also. I'm honestly going to try to go without(?!) because I'm cheap and can't find a used one yet, and refuse to buy another brand new BOB. I feel like we just bought the first one! Lol DS will be 21ish months when baby is here. I walk all the time and keep day dreaming of the double BOB. I'm going to try to keep searching. LO just feels too young for the standing board attachment still not even being 2 years old. I'm sorry about your BOB luck...hopefully it will turn around!!! 

Sode note: my cousin has a cheaper, small plastic wheels double stroller(where they are not side by side but one in front of the other). I used it on my son and her daughter, same age, and it was the biggest pain!!!!! We actually left the mall early because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Hahah. They were 13 months old, it was heavy, the front baby I couldn't see and kept grabbing everything from the stores and knocking it down. It wouldn't turn, and it took every ounce of my energy to push it around! My favorite part of the BOB is it is effortless to push and maneuver on any surface. I feel like it's once of those things, once you have the BOB, it's hard to go back. 
  • BusyZee said:
    @stokesm21 your situation sounds a bit like my husbands, they are over working him without giving a clear picture of his future prospects. He's had 4 bosses rotated and the company seems like a mess. At this point they are just using him I think.
    Ohhhh I am not overworked LOL!  Very, very under-worked more like it.  Other people might enjoy sitting around all day but I do not. :P  
  • @ESG7417oh my gosh how scary! So glad there were other people around to witness it and help you out and that you are okay!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @Dcwtada Epic.  
  • I'm with all of you on the Facebook lovey dovey posts. I know a couple who in the real world is constantly on the edge of divorce, but on FB it's all 'omg my spouse is the beeeeeestest'.  Puke. 

My MBF is also a symptom I guess and it's way TMI but we are all pregnant ladies here so I think I'm good. A few weeks ago I was having major constipation issues and got an anal fissure as a result. If you haven't had that pleasant experience they can take forever to heal. I had had over a week of thinking it was better and then today Bam! back with a vengeance. Sometimes pregnancy is just the worst!
  • I agree with the Facebook posts. I have a very close friend who is always posting the extravagant gifts that her and her husband buy each other but they are currently struggling to make ends meet and have had her parents and his parents paying their bills for a few months now. I love her and her kids are like my niece and nephew but goodness it's common sense, quit buying expensive crap to post on Facebook and pay your mortgage!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017