Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 2/13

2»

Re: TWW Monday 2/13

• **lurking from WTO**

@dragonfly87 that sounds like a horrible experience. My eyes bugged out reading some of that. I feel like doctors need to be empathic, and ob/gyns even more so. They are dealing with very sensitive topics and female doctors especially should be able to at least stop and think about how they would want to be handled if they were the patient. I'm so sorry you were treated that way. I just can't get over how some folks, not just doctors/nurses, but people in general can be so blasé about the way they talk to others.

Me:31 ~ DH: 28
    Swiped Right: 6/2014
    Married: 9/2016
    TTC # 1: 11/2016 
     BFP: 5/2017
    Baby Boy: 1/2018
    Link to FF Charts
  • Loading the player...
  • @dragonfly87 ugh that is awful I'm so sorry you had to experience that. If the providers only knew how much people look forward to those visits for answers and clarity maybe they wouldn't be so lighthearted with everything.  Nothing is more frustrating than having everything brushed off like that. *TW* I had the same thing happen with my CP like they acted like I was never pregnant like I'm not dumb I know how to read a pregnancy test and even the digitals were positive. Just so irritating and frustrating *end TW*
  • @dragonfly87 I want to smack that nurse. 

I would definitley follow up with your dr about your experience. I would also call and make another appointment with your dr. It sounds like the nurse was reviewing your chart and the two of you were clarifying what you and your dr have alread gone over. This is such a sensitive topic and for you to leave that appointment in the same place you were when you went in is not okay.

Lots of hugs to you
  • @dragonfly87 so sorry your appointment didn't go as planned. I would certainly let your dr know that the nurse you saw wasn't very sensitive. Hugs, girl. 

@LuND WTF H?? Sorry he still isn't a former smoker. Regarding your question about the app, you have to login in order to love tit or comment. 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• @BertieMeetsGertie yeah I did log in initially, but when I go to the TTGP group it won't let me comment or love tit. It said that I may need to log in again, and I try to, but when I enter my username and password and hit "enter" it just loops me back to a blank log in page. 
  • @LuND I primarily use mobile and that's happened to me a few times. I changed my password and was fine after that. It's a pain in the ass but it might be worth a try.
  • Thank you ladies for the kind and supportive responses! Reflecting on the appointment, I am trying to see the positive that at least she ordered the blood work and I can start to get some answers.

She wasn't intentionally trying to be rude and actually had typical courteous bed side manners. I think she just didn't realize what she was saying could be received as insensitive. I got a feeling she was trying to be "upbeat" about getting pregnant soon, (which I know I should be optimistic about since I do not have any known fertility issues), but I think its just hard when I feel like something is off with my body or my hormones given my symptoms.

I will hopefully see my doctor at the end of this week for the results of the lab work. I will let her know that while her RN was well intentioned, I felt hurt by some of the carefree comments. I do not want her to get in trouble by any means, but if I were interacting with clients at my work and having a negative effect on their experience, I would want to know myself.
  • @Redpuma119 See my above post about the percentage of false negative tests at 9 DPO.  That's pretty much what has stopped me from testing this far

@shortstack930 Yay for yoga!!

@dragonfly87 I'm so sorry the appointment wasn't quite what you expected, but I'm happy that it appears you are moving forward and hopefully you will get the answers you're looking for at your next appointment 

@adirat Somehow it doesn't surprise me that your favorite toy was a microscope lol

@sbarluccico Happy early birthday!  I'm sorry you're not quite where you wanted to be but I completely understand.  I hope YH has something special planned to celebrate!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @dragonfly87 Awww, I'm sorry you had a hard time at your appointment. I would definitely say something to your doctor on your next visit. I guess some people don't realize how deep their insensitive words cut. Hugs girl. 

@cdn running Does cdn stand for Canada ?

@sbarluccico Those announcements are a killer every time. I have been very rarely logging onto FB and when I do I instantly regret it. Having the upcoming birth coming up must be tough. My best friends wife had their baby in December and I haven't met him yet. It probably makes me a really terrible friend. 

@LuND I would totally be pissed. Has he ever tried a vape stick ? DF has one and it works. He said he would never have another cigarette again. Well, he actually said "When I was workin for away in ______, _______ gave me a smoke. I had two of them and they were gross and I am happier using this!". I was pissed but glad he didn't enjoy his darts. Hope Mr. Brows actually puts some effort into kicking the habit. Lord know the men don't have to do shit when TTC besides have orgasms. MMmmm tough life. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @LuND yeah that's happened to me a few times too. Every once in a while it makes me log back in but it's not daily. 

• @dragonfly87 definitely give that feedback. As a brand new nurse I once told one of my cancer patients 'it's gonna be ok.' She called me out big time right in the moment, and I never used that phrase again. As a nurse I definitely want to know if what I'm saying is hurtful or I'll received. 
  • @FLAshley Yes! I was born in Winnipeg but now live in Dallas

So apparently I'm CD1 ***cue violins and tissues. WTF body? A six day luteal phase? Not sure what's up ***TW I guess my hormones are still normalizing, maybe? It's been 4 months since I last pumped and my cycle prior to this one was normal, albeit a bit long, even for me. I had to be on progesterone before so I wonder if I'm not due for another trip to visit my dr. ***end TW.

Off to WTO and my pity party.
  • @cdnrunning Aww sorry for cd 1. TTC really messes with our bodies. Hugs girl. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @cdnrunning sorry friend! Can you post a picture of your chart? That's really surprising!!!
  • Thanks @FLAshley & @beachbunnyxo123 I'm mostly disappointed that I can't figure out what my body is doing. 

Not sure how to share my chart. The spike is a fever from the cold I'm battling...

[url=https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/57fc81/]My Ovulation Chart[/url]

• @cdrunning: Wow, that's really odd. TMI, but does the flow fully resemble your normal period? 
  • Mrs6309Mrs6309 member
    edited February 2017

This is my first post so forgive me if I did anything wrong but hi everyone!  :)

Month/Cycle: 1/1, I'm brand new to this!

CD/DPO:  20/5

Timing: basically ED

Testing: not until after AF is late but getting impatient!

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 06/28/2014
    TTC Since: 02/2017
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited February 2017

This is my first post so forgive me if I did anything wrong

@emilysinnen: Uhh..I am confused...what did you do? 

ETA: Welcome. You should check out the Newbie Guide and introduce yourself in the Newbie Thread. (Click on the words and they will link to the threads). This is a great community, will amazing ladies who can become good friends and resources. But be sure to lurk a lot, avoid one off threads/questions, post in the right sections (refer to the Newbie guide) and get to know everyone.

Also, if emilysinnen is your real name...I would suggest changing your username to something more anonymous or creative. 
  • Mrs6309Mrs6309 member
    edited February 2017
    @dragonfly87 ahh sorry! At first it wouln't let me copy and paste but it's fixed now. :)
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 06/28/2014
    TTC Since: 02/2017
  • @dragonfly87 yep, it's very similar and now I have the AF cramps to go along with it. I O'd CD27 last month, so I didn't think anything of the late O this month and I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Back in 2015 when I first started temping, I had a handful of luteal phases that were on the shortish side (like 8-9 days) but never anything this short. I've always been pretty irregular so maybe this is just another anomaly. I'm due for a pap so I'll mention it to my doc during the next visit
  • @cdnrunning ugh, sorry lady. 

@lulu1180 so my stylist told me she is opening her own salon in her house so I get to stay with her! Yay!

• @BertieMeetsGertie Yay!!!!!  So glad you don't have to find someone else!!  Finding a good stylist can be harder than finding a husband for some people lol

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @dragonfly87 wow. . I'm in shock. . She does not sound qualified at all!  Maybe she is brand new in the profession and doesn't have any experience yet?  So sorry you had to deal with that! !! 

@haylsbayls GL for your appointment! 

@FLAshley oops. .. it is normally me who dishes out the silent treatment ... but it is something I'm working on as I'm terrified something happens to either of us during that time!  

Month/Cycle: 2/2 and NTNP for 4 years 

CD/DPO:  cd25/10dpo

Timing: -2 -1 O

Testing: I'm one of the addicts... hoping to beat statistics. . So will POAS till  AF arrives 

R/R: had a bit of an emotional cry at SIL's on Sunday. . She was surprisingly very supportive! !

CS/Q: nopes

GTKY: What was your favorite toy as a child? 

Don't think I had a favourite. . But loved everything with horses. 

Me 38  3 DH 31

Married 2012

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• **lurking from WTO**

@dragonfly87 - I'm sorry that you had such a shitty day. I hope that you feel better when you get your results and can talk to your regular doctor. Sending you lots of creepy internet hugs!
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker