Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY - How did he propose ??

So ! How did he do it ?? Tell us the juicy !!

Me 27 <3 DF 44
TTC post VR Sept 21/16
SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

Re: GTKY - How did he propose ??

• Loading the player...
  • I love these stories. So much romance !! 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• These stories are JUST what I needed this morning! 

DH is a really shy guy, so I never thought he would actually propose to me at all! Haha!

We went to Universal Orlando for me to see the new Harry Potter park. I wanted to ride my favorite coaster (which is always the first thing we do when we get to the park), and he was adamantly against it for some reason - complained about being hungry. Very unlike him, but I was oblivious. On our way to the Hogwarts express from eating lunch he decided he wanted to stop in a photo booth and get photos made (again, very unlike him - but I was still oblivious). He let me pick the frame, and then grabbed the ring out of his pocket and asked me right when the picture took - it was super sweet and romantic, and since he's not a showy guy it just made my heart melt that he'd do it in that way.

I actually didn't even say yes - I said "dude, are you joking?" Haha! It was such a special day.

Me:30  DH:30
    Married: 4/16
    TTC #1: 7/16 (NTNP 9/15)
  • These stories are JUST what I needed this morning! 

DH is a really shy guy, so I never thought he would actually propose to me at all! Haha!

We went to Universal Orlando for me to see the new Harry Potter park. I wanted to ride my favorite coaster (which is always the first thing we do when we get to the park), and he was adamantly against it for some reason - complained about being hungry. Very unlike him, but I was oblivious. On our way to the Hogwarts express from eating lunch he decided he wanted to stop in a photo booth and get photos made (again, very unlike him - but I was still oblivious). He let me pick the frame, and then grabbed the ring out of his pocket and asked me right when the picture took - it was super sweet and romantic, and since he's not a showy guy it just made my heart melt that he'd do it in that way.

I actually didn't even say yes - I said "dude, are you joking?" Haha! It was such a special day.

@kaylev0430 OMG yours is almost exactly like mine!!
  • @cherryblossomgirl507 OMG it totally is!! How crazy is that?!
    Me:30  DH:30
    Married: 4/16
    TTC #1: 7/16 (NTNP 9/15)
  • @ladystinson that is such a beautiful story!!!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @Aurora1973 Congrats!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thanks @NYTino24!  I'm pretty excited.  But, we've had to delay until next Friday.  There is a local emergency going on here that affects my DSS and his mom and grandmother.  DSS is with us until everything is OK again (which I love...that little boy is a joy and has my heart), and his mom and grandmother are staying near us in a hotel.  Looks like they'll be here through the week, so OH doesn't want the drama and awkwardness of trying to complete our secret mission with everyone around.  I'm less than thrilled that his ex has anything to do with the decisions we make, but I don't want the day ruined, either.  So next Friday it is!!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks