Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Monday 2/13

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:  

Timing:

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What was your favorite toy as a child?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: TWW Monday 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • @beachbunnyxo123 nothing like starting the week off with a crappy sleep :neutral: Maybe an extra coffee will do the trick??
  • @lulu1180 we all have our FX so hard for you!!

@cactusblossum happy birthday to your H!

@kiwi2628 sorry for the BFN, I feel you on longer cycles, the waiting game is hard!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Sorry to post and ghost this morning, but heading off to my annual exam and hoping to start getting some answers about my short AFs, insomnia and other issues. I will respond to all you ladies later today!

Month/Cycle:   5/5   3TTCAL

CD/DPO:  CD 19 / 8 DPO

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Testing: not sure--but I will be going to dinner with friends tomorrow night and they will want to drink, I know it's super early (only 9DPO), but would you ladies test?

R/R: 

Slept so so, but the insomnia is creeping back now that I am at 8DPO, happens every cycle at this point. Still using Natural Calm, so it isn't as bad, but still noticeable. 

Rave: Well, my temp shot up this morning. Not sure if it was due to the insomnia (though I temped after a 3 hour stretch), but around this time of the cycle my temp usually starts rising...so probably nothing.

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: What was your favorite toy as a child?

Probably my Lite Brite

• Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO:  24/  6

Timing: -4, -3, -1, O, +1

Testing: still trying to hold out till the 20th. I started testing out my trigger last week and the line was pretty faint yesterday so I may test tomorrow to make sure it's gone. If it is then I won't test again until it's time.

R/R: I have been sleeping terribly for the last few weeks and I'm not sure what to do. Melatonin doesn't work for me and I don't get 8 hours of sleep to be able to take anything else. Plus, I think I may be getting sick. The last two nights I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible nausea and felt like I needed to vomit but willed myself not to and I had the worst hot flashes during the night last night.

CS/Q: has anyone that has ever taken the progesterone suppositories had it make your nipples sore? Mine have been incredibly sore and tender the last 2 or 3 days which I usually only get for a few days right before af. 

GTKY: What was your favorite toy as a child? Not sure

NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @lulu1180 no, I havent. Maybe I'll give that a try tonight.
    NTNP since 2012
  • @dragonfly87 GL with the dr today.  Its still early enough that I would probably just have one drink and not worry about it. But do what you feel comfortable with.
    @flashley I hope you guys can stay warm and out of the storm. Hopefully DF gets over the fight
    @lund oh girl I would be pissed too! hugs
    @kaitlink33 yes the sore boobs can totally be from the progesterone.  It will/can give you all kinds of fun pregnancy symptoms.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @kaitlink33 yup, magnesium can work wonders for anxiety and sleep issues. Be aware, however, that it can also have a mild laxative effect.

Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate are the best forms for relaxation and sleep. 

• @wabash15 I figured that's what it was. But OMG they hurt so bad, like just to wear a bra for the work day. Damn that progesterone.
    @LuND thanks for that. Maybe the laxative effect will help my bloating. Lol 
    NTNP since 2012
  • Thanks ladies <3<3<3 Sorry I'm being a downer today.

I called and made a pre-conception visit with my gyno for next week. I know I may be jumping the gun but it may help ease my mind to speak with her about it. My mother had troubling conceiving, having pcos and endo (took her four years with my brother, and three with me) and she had to get a full hysterectomy after I was born. DH's mom *TW* had a history of MC's while TTC *end/TW*. I know these things aren't necessarily passed on genetically, but I would like to get things crossed off the list as early as possible.

• @haylsbayls Don't ever apologize for your feelings!  I'm glad you're taking steps to talk with your Dr next week and I hope that you're able to get some answers or at least a plan.  Remember we are here for you on good days and bad!!  Hugs friend!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @LuND  I love that everyone is on the magnesium train! I tell everyone to take it for everything (except adirat because she's not a fan ;) )

• @lulu1180 Thank you!! I can't gif today but so many hugs back. I'm rooting so so so so hard for you this month <3 

• dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited February 2017
    Ok, ladies, I have to run to a meeting and will come back later, but wanted to do a quick update.

Today's appointment did not go as planned and was a hot mess of emotions for me. I managed to keep it together until I got to my car and then I cried. I am not an emotional person at all, but damn this was not the start to the week I wanted.

My doctor wasn't available today, so they plugged in an RN I have never met before. She was nice and well-intentioned, but I felt like she either wasn't informed or very non-nonchalant about her approach. Here is my best recap:

*****TW*****

1. She asked if I was on birth control (my chart says I got mirena out in October). I said no, we are TTC. She said, "It looks like you came in December to see Dr. A****." I said, "yes, I had a chemical pregnancy and was following up." She said, "So, you may or may not have had a real pregnancy?" I said, "well, I was pregnant and I miscarried." She said, "So you got a positive pregnancy test?" I said, "Of course, otherwise I would not have come in." Her response, "Well, at least you know you can get pregnant. So your body knows what to do, but just needs to keep doing it." 

2. I mentioned my periods have gone from 5 days to 1.5 days after my CP. It has been 3 periods that are that really short and spotty. This is not "my normal." She said it didn't seem very concerning, our bodies change sometimes.  I said, "well, I am concerned because my periods in my entire life have never been this short. I know my body may be adjusting after the CP, but 1-1.5 days does not seem normal." Her only response was "You should be happy to not bleed for multiple days, as long as you bleed every 21-30 days, don't worry about it."

3. Given my insomnia, heart racing/beat issues, short periods and other things, I mentioned I wanted to have blood work done for thyroid and progesterone. The nurse said, "Yeah, it seems like your hormones may be imbalanced after coming off birth control." To which I said, "feels that way." And her response was, (I KID YOU NOT), "Well, you just need to get pregnant! That will help balance out those hormones." It took everything in me to just smile while internally I thought, "I AM FUCKING TRYING!!"

*****TW*****

I then left and cried on my way to work (no real reason for the crying, just overwhelmed). All that to say, the appointment was not great. I feel like a coward for not having said something more direct to her, but I just wanted to get out of there. The only plus is I got my blood drawn and should hear back in a few days about the results. I am never seeing that nurse again. 

FML.

ETA: grammar/spelling
  • lulu1180 said:

Month/Cycle: 9/10 month rollover day ughhhhhhhhhh barf

CD/DPO:  cd18/2dpo

Timing: eod

Testing: won't do it.

R/R: Friends I am FURIOUS about the legislation @antoto linked. What it isn't enough to ban abortions and block birth control, now we need to ban IVF and tell IUI kids they don't have fathers? What the actual fuck. How is this what people want to legislate right now? How is this real? 

CS/Q: Nah but weirdly I already have creamy cm at 2dpo which has never happened to me before. "Could I be pregnant?" said 2dpo adirat before slapping herself. 

GTKY: What was your favorite toy as a child? One year I got a handheld toy microscope with a special slide you could put water in. I inspected all the water in our yard for microbes. I think it really grossed out my mom.

@kiwi2628 Ugh with the mindfuck! I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

@haylsbayls Hugs. We'll be here any time. Also I would love to get all these magical magnesium benefits but I just can't handle it. I hope your appointment goes well.

@lund Ugh your husband. I would be furious too. 

• @dragonfly87 wowwwww that is so not okay!!!! I'm so sorry you had such an awful appointment! Is there anyone you can complain to about that nurse and maybe get seen by your actual doctor??
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930: I have thought about filing a complaint, but she wasn't mean or rude in tone. It was just really insensitive and carefree in her approach.  I am not sure what to do.I plan to see my doctor when the results come in for the follow up.
  • @dragonfly87 omg so not cool. Sorry you had that experience :( for the testing question, I probably would. Seems like some ladies are getting a positive sometimes at 9dpo and I would stress over drinking and not knowing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfly87 I'm sorry. That blows. I agree with you that it's not like she was acting unprofessionally, but rather insensitively given the situation. It also always bothers me when people don't bother to glance at your chart before seeing you (ie the birth control comment). Here's hoping you can see the doctor next time (or if you have abnormal thyroid labs go to an endocrinologist instead).  

• @dragonfly87 I'm sorry your appointment was awful. Hugs to you. I would still file a complaint about her and how insensitive she was if it was me. But that's also cuz I'm a bitch and over people who act like that at this point knowing you're trying to get ktfu and say well just get pregnant. Hopefully you're dr. Has more answers for you.
    NTNP since 2012
  • @dragonfly87 I'm sorry that nurse was such an unprofessional asswipe. Don't beat yourself up about not saying anything/being more direct. I think it's hard to do when you're in the moment, especially when someone's behavior catches you completely off guard. I've definitely found myself in a similar situation (many times) and thought of all the things I wished I would have said after the fact. I hope you can say something to your Dr at your next visit - someone definitely needs to get that feedback to the nurse
  • @dragonfly87 I'm so sorry the appointment did not go well. I would say something to your Dr. It is important that you as a patient feel heard and that your care providers are sensitive to your issues. Big hugs. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17